AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-06, 21:43   Link #4941
silenceblade

I wonder if there any magic items made using either Behemoth or Leviathan item drops? I know that the Leviathan Seal was made using Leviathan's remains but that is so boring. This is the three grand quest. Rightfully, Zeus and Hera each should have been given a item drop. I wish that an item from Behemoth was given to Bell, seeing that would serve as his inheritance.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-06, 22:45   Link #4942
AP24

According to the author, Part 1 covered Vol 1-3, Part 2 covered Vol 4-8 and Part 3 covered Vol 9-11, and Part 4 started from Vol 12.

Part 1's main purpose was to show Bell's struggle as a low-class adventurer and becoming a high-class adventurer. Part 2's main purpose was to show Hestia familia becoming an actual familia as it was gaining new members. Part 3's main purpose was to give Bell a real reason to become stronger.

What exactly is the main purpose of the current part? Emphasizing everyone else's role in the familia?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 14:09   Link #4943
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
According to the author, Part 1 covered Vol 1-3, Part 2 covered Vol 4-8 and Part 3 covered Vol 9-11, and Part 4 started from Vol 12.

Part 1's main purpose was to show Bell's struggle as a low-class adventurer and becoming a high-class adventurer. Part 2's main purpose was to show Hestia familia becoming an actual familia as it was gaining new members. Part 3's main purpose was to give Bell a real reason to become stronger.

What exactly is the main purpose of the current part? Emphasizing everyone else's role in the familia?
Seems to me that everyone is growing up a bit: Lili growing into a more serious leadership role is an obvious one. Mikoto is getting a more defined role. Welf is kinda more of the same. Haruhime hasn't exactly come out of her shell yet but is becoming more broken as a party supporter - that party level boost is going to help the whole party stay relevant in deeper floors and not be so much of a liability.

And Bell seems much more solidly on the path to becoming a real hero. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him get another broken skill after all this. Like maybe even literally "Hero". Though perhaps it's a bit too soon for that.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 14:44   Link #4944
Zefyris
図書館狼

Isn't the current part supposed to be about Ryu mostly ? I remember reading the author's words on that in one of the last postscript.
Old 2018-11-07, 15:43   Link #4945
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Isn't the current part supposed to be about Ryu mostly ? I remember reading the author's words on that in one of the last postscript.
Quite possibly though I've not read v13 so it's a bit hard for me to comment about how strongly this comes across in the story. In the v12 epilogue the author did say that the original desire was to jump immediately into the bit about Ryuu at least. I think it would be a reasonable expectation that Ryuu gets the most character development in this arc, but if she joins the Hestia Familia then it might be better to say that the overall arc is about the Hestia Familia growing into a fully-fledged and reasonably well balanced Familia.
Old 2018-11-08, 00:03   Link #4946
AP24

Yeah, maybe the whole part is about how much the entire Hestia family and other adventurers close to Bell are growing. Writing a whole part just for the sake of writing about Ryu doesn't seem to be correct.

Welf's growing role is shown from the new weapons he made. He made third-tier weapons for the familia when they were clearing the middle floors, but now some weapons he made are second-tier.

Lili's role as the strategist for the familia will probably be very useful when the party fights the 27th floor monster rex and will cause her to level up.

Mikoto is growing in her role as the familia's scout and one of its main offense.

Haruhime is growing as the mage supporter of the famillia. Maybe it will be shown more during the fight against the monster rex and then she will level up.
Old 2018-11-12, 20:09   Link #4947
Hata
時の異邦人

book 14, out 12/14, will be 672 pages!

it is going to be epic.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4797396202

Images
book 14 cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Hata; 2018-11-14 at 05:03.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 09:06   Link #4948
Soulwarfare42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
book 14, out 12/14, will be 672 pages!

it is going to be epic.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4797396202

Images
book 14 cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I hate a lot on the illustrator for Danmachi main series but that is a really impressive cover
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 15:14   Link #4949
AP24

It seems to hint that Ryu will join Hestia Familia
Old 2018-11-14, 15:20   Link #4950
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Hype hype hype hype.

Would be nice if more pages = more illustrations, but I don't think it'll be the case.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 15:22   Link #4951
Zefyris
図書館狼

If only that illustration didn't have unnecessary fanservice with Ryu's bare breasts and Lili flashing her panties+ her skirt about to fall off + under breast visible, that would have been a perfect cover.
Oh well, can't have all we want, can we.
Old 2018-11-14, 15:30   Link #4952
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^To be fair, based on the narration, Bell and Ryuu should have basically nothing on them because of what happened.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-14, 17:53   Link #4953
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It seems to hint that Ryu will join Hestia Familia
In the sense that we have the full members of Hestia Familia and nobody else except Ryu on the cover?

Quote:
If only that illustration didn't have unnecessary fanservice with Ryu's bare breasts and Lili flashing her panties+ her skirt about to fall off + under breast visible, that would have been a perfect cover.
Yeah, some of the more recent covers have a bit too much skin expose that feels contrived.
Old 2018-11-14, 19:03   Link #4954
bakato

Quote:
I think it's a little late to be complaining about that this far into the series.
Old 2018-11-14, 23:13   Link #4955
xellos2099

Quote:
She's blacklisted by the guild so if the guild knew they would try to arrest her, probably sending Ganesha familia's top adventurers to arrest her.
The fact that they have not mean that they don't know.
(well maybe Uranos and Fels know, but they haven't said anything to the rest of the guild then, so the guild itself doesn't know regardless).

Like kari-no-sugata, the reason why I want Ryu in Hestia familia is to make that familia still able to support Bell. I don't want the story becoming bell's adventure story and then sometimes a bit of story about Hestia familia doing stuff at home". They're supposed to support each other but with no level 3 they're becoming more and more dead weight for Bell. Ryu would never really become deadweight, since she's highly skilled level 4 almost level 5, Bell would need to reach high 7 before Ryu would become dead weight, so that's not any time soon.
So while I acknowledge that lore wise this may not be easy to solve Ryu's current problem with her guild, for the sake of the story I wish for it to be done.
And yes, like mentioned, it would be nice if the level 1 supporter would become level 2, but they're so slow in stats progression that it looks very difficult even with their current situation against that floor boss.
Actually, part of the Ganesha's familiar knew who she is, they just actively ignore it according to Ryuu's novel. In addition, Guild don't actually actively look for her. In addition, Ryuu still have her old contract with her goddess. Even if guild forgive her, she can't just join any familiar.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 01:21   Link #4956
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Actually, part of the Ganesha's familiar knew who she is, they just actively ignore it according to Ryuu's novel.
One person in that group knows.

Quote:
In addition, Ryuu still have her old contract with her goddess. Even if guild forgive her, she can't just join any familiar.
Deities can set a falna so that another deity can take over the contract even without them around, so that's not an issue.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 03:54   Link #4957
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
One person in that group knows.

Deities can set a falna so that another deity can take over the contract even without them around, so that's not an issue.
It is that case only if the initial contract is set that way. Lilly had to do a conversion to join Hesteria from Soma Remember Ares have to release all his follower by hand one by one. The exception would be the god or goddess was send back to heaven like Istar.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 08:58   Link #4958
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
It is that case only if the initial contract is set that way. Lilly had to do a conversion to join Hesteria from Soma Remember Ares have to release all his follower by hand one by one. The exception would be the god or goddess was send back to heaven like Istar.
Considering how Astraea left Orario, I'm sure that she set Ryuu's contract to be convertible.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 10:03   Link #4959
Rnzlr

I'm pretty sure that when Astraea set her contract, she didn't think that guild will place a huge bounty on her head someday.
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-15, 11:09   Link #4960
alsful

Is there a preview or a synopsis on that amazon link?
alsful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance