AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-01-31, 15:29   Link #281
Niji

I am very sorry for the confusion I created. English is not my mother tongue, I guess I messed up big time. And thanks all for your answers. To clarify what I mean I include the link and text, I hope that is ok here.

The page at yesasia is this:
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1002856676/

Scrolling down alot I find this:
Language : Japanese
Subtitle : Japanese, English

I do not know whether it is kana or romaji. I assumed that there are hearing-impared Japanese people, who might appreciate japanese subtitles.

Where I live many DVDs come with subtitles of the same language which is spoken for hearing-impared. Those in english I love for learning more english, since all the different spoken dialects are difficult for me to understand, sometimes. Also, I read alot, and sometimes do not know how a word is spoken, only how it is written.

As for japanese subtitles, actually I was hoping for kana, but romaji would be great too. I will look out for those gatekeeper shows, thanks alot bayoab.
Niji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 17:39   Link #282
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niji View Post
I do not know whether it is kana or romaji. I assumed that there are hearing-impared Japanese people, who might appreciate japanese subtitles.
It will be kana (for closed captions) if it is an R2 like in that case. AFAIK, they don't put romaji on R2s.

Quote:
As for japanese subtitles, actually I was hoping for kana, but romaji would be great too. I will look out for those gatekeeper shows, thanks alot bayoab.
They only exist for the op songs. There are no R1 releases that have a Japanese track beside songs.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 01:20   Link #283
andr1us

rooboy i have volume 1 with box of Spiral (it had a puzzle in it) and there is a OP song in textless format. But because artbox was heavily damaged during shipping, i am thinking now to buy complete boxset.
andr1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 20:18   Link #284
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtm View Post
General question for the thread: (I did do a search, and "ebay" didn't bring any results, so sorry if this was addressed already).

What do you think of Ebay and Half.com for buying anime?
I have no problems with Ebay. i bought plenty of dvds Used in excellent condition for about 1/3 of the New priuce.

Quote:
In your experience, are there a lot of bootlegs out there, even for higher priced items?
There are bootlegs for everything. you just need to develope some instints in differing between the legit stuff and the bootlegs.

Here is how I usually tell the difference between Legit R1 dvds and HK bootlegs.

1. Look at the Seller's description and image of the item.
- The image form a legit release is usually different form a bootleg
- check number of disk. If the legit set has 7 disc and the sellers ver has only 3 disc. That is usually a dead giveaway.

2. If you are still not after loking at the description. Look at the rest of the sellers inventory. If the seller is selling dvds of series that hasn't been license then the seller is pretty much a bootlegger.

3. If you are still not sure. Ask the seller for more photos of the packaging. Most legit dvd sellers will usually answer and sent you any additional information you want. You should NEVER buy form someone who doesn't return ypour emails.

I only made a mistake once. But i got my money back after threatening to report him to ADV. I still reported him after getting my money back but not that it did much good since he is still selling.

Quote:
Also, in your experience, is there such a thing as a "less then 4 dollars an ep" deal for an entire series, that turned out to be legit?
I wouldn't bother using price/ep to determind whether something is legit. I just boought Zone of Enders Tv Thinpack form Rightstuf for $25. Since the set has both the 26 tv ep and the OAV movie that came out to just over $0.92 cent a ep.

Quote:
I'm having to rework my entire thought processes for anime shopping, because I'm used to going for the cheapest deal in town.. And that just doesn't seem to work with anime, or even general movie media, if you want a good product.
If you really have trouble with Ebay i suggest you use something like DVD price search or shop form Legit shops like Rightstuf. Every week Rightstuf have a nice selection of dvd (singles and Sets) on sale at a very cheap price. You can also check AnimeOnDVD's front page for any news on sales form their sponser.
Old 2007-02-19, 15:58   Link #285
jjah55ik

http://www.animecornerstore.com is the best!!

<Edit by Mod (xris):bootleg site removed>

Last edited by xris; 2007-02-19 at 17:51.
jjah55ik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 17:25   Link #286
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjah55ik View Post
ACS has a reputation for not-great prices and really poor CS.

Quote:
Also

International : REMOVED

Now they are having huge sale
Those are all bootlegs. Edit: They sell R1 bootlegs. Do NOT use them ever.
Old 2007-02-21, 15:16   Link #287
Madlax26

Does Amazon Japan offer Free Shipping For International Orders (I live in The U.S.) Because There prices are very Good, and I was thinking of ordering from them.
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 17:40   Link #288
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madlax26 View Post
Does Amazon Japan offer Free Shipping For International Orders (I live in The U.S.) Because There prices are very Good, and I was thinking of ordering from them.
No, the shipping is definitely not free.

Shipping page in english.
Old 2007-02-23, 00:48   Link #289
Madlax26

Thanks bayoab.

P.S You wouldn't happen to know of any stores that sell The Soundtracks to Full Metal Alchemist Would you Thanks.

Last edited by Madlax26; 2007-02-23 at 01:13.
Madlax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 08:24   Link #290
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
btw http://www.rightstuf.com/ currently has a sale on ADV anime

- Get 10 ADV titles for $50 (Use coupon code abundance10); OR
- Get 25 ADV titles for $100 (Use coupon code abundance25)
- Expires: March 11, 2007

with FREE economy shipping to U.S. and Canadian destinations!.

so that is 4$-5$/DVD . and I got this deal from a Canadial deal forum (similar to slickdeals, fatwallet, etc)

just ordered a bunch of stuff

Quote:
1 $100.00 * advsale25 ADV Special Promo: 25 DVDs for $100 o
1 Free dngebx1 Evangelion, Neon Genesis DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 Free dnge002 Evangelion, Neon Genesis DVD 2 (Hyb)
1 Free dnge004 Evangelion, Neon Genesis DVD 4 (Hyb)
1 Free dnge006 Evangelion, Neon Genesis DVD 6 (Hyb)
1 Free dnge007 Evangelion, Neon Genesis DVD 7 (Hyb)
1 Free dfm002 Full Metal Panic DVD 2 (Hyb)
1 Free dfm003 Full Metal Panic DVD 3 (Hyb)
1 Free dfm004 Full Metal Panic DVD 4 (Hyb)
1 Free dfm005 Full Metal Panic DVD 5 (Hyb)
1 Free dfm007 Full Metal Panic DVD 7 (Hyb)
1 Free dfmfbx1 Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU DVD 1 (Hyb)
1 Free dkjbx1 Kino's Journey DVD 1 (Hyb): Idle Adve
1 Free dmadbx1 Madlax DVD 1 (Hyb): Connections + Art
1 Free dmad002 Madlax DVD 2 (Hyb): The Red Book
1 Free dnobx1 Noir DVD 1 (Hyb): Shades of Darkness
1 Free dno002 Noir DVD 2 (Hyb): The Hit List
1 Free dno003 Noir DVD 3 (Hyb): The Firing Chamber
1 Free dno006 Noir DVD 6 (Hyb): Cloaks & Daggers
1 Free dno007 Noir DVD 7 (Hyb): The End of the Matt
1 Free drxbx1 RahXephon DVD 1 (Hyb): Threshold + Ar
1 Free drx002 RahXephon DVD 2 (Hyb): Tonal Pattern
1 Free drx005 RahXephon DVD 5 (Hyb): Synaesthesia
1 Free drx007 RahXephon DVD 7 (Hyb): Crescendo
1 Free dvdsx002 Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) OVA DVD 2
1 Free dsx004 Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin): Reflecti

and -100$ in the bank :/

p/s: please give me cookie (reputation point) if you find this post useful . Thank you

http://forums.animesuki.com/reputation.php?p=848903

do it, you know u want to, rawr!! :P

Last edited by Mgz; 2007-03-02 at 12:34.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 11:44   Link #291
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

made 2 orders there goes my budget.

Spoiler for order 1:

Spoiler for order 2:

I skip out on the madlax since they were only putting vol1 and 2 on sale. I also thought the Madlax artbox is ugly. I am waiting for the think on that one/
Old 2007-03-02, 12:23   Link #292
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

damn, another $100 spent. Lol now all we need is a Bandai sale and the complete GITS will be mine!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 12:41   Link #293
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
damn, another $100 spent. Lol now all we need is a Bandai sale and the complete GITS will be mine!

There is still Fumi that needs to go on sale.
Old 2007-03-02, 12:53   Link #294
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

I skip out on the madlax since they were only putting vol1 and 2 on sale. I also thought the Madlax artbox is ugly. I am waiting for the think on that one/

Madlax artbox is ugly??? *look at his title*...how...how could you.. *fanboi mode on* *grab torch and pitchfork*

also the art box DVD is 10$ more expensive than the regular DVD, and the sale is flat rate 4$ each DVD so why not get it anyway XD.

and I know it sucks that they only have DVD 1 and 2 of madlax on sale :/.. but I buy it anyway, there will always have a future sale to stock up the rest. ^^

also Xellos, how did u be able to order FMP 1 with artbox and FMP 6? It is sold out already when I made my order??? :'(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
they had a Geneon sales last year ((un?)fortunately I were not aware of that sale so I'm 100$ richer nowaday ^_^ (but I also want the Last Exile set, sigh :/ ... so fingers crossed!!
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 13:03   Link #295
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post

also Xellos, how did u be able to order FMP 1 with artbox and FMP 6? It is sold out already when I made my order??? :'(

they had a Geneon sales last year ((un?)fortunately I were not aware of that sale so I'm 100$ richer nowaday ^_^ (but I also want the Last Exile set, sigh :/ ... so fingers crossed!!
I made my order around 9am yesterday morning. The artbox for the older releases sold out pretty fast.
Old 2007-03-02, 13:30   Link #296
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Sigh, this is not the "what did I purchase" or the "complain about other people's opinion" thread, it's the "Where do I buy thread". Please do not turn it into a chat thread Please keep on-topic.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 08:33   Link #297
Yue Hikaru

can someone tell me where to buy "shinigami no ballad" novel beside amazon japan.
cause all my order are being purchased by a friend of mine and he knows nothing about japanese language.
Yue Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 15:08   Link #298
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You might try local country bookstores that carry japanese novels (like Kinokuniya Bookstores - they're scattered about the US). That might include comic shops that specialize in imports.
Other online possibilities include www.nippon-export.com (they work in English) and if you email them directly, they'll often hunt up what you need.

Its actually not terribly difficult to navigate amazon.co.jp as long as you're very familiar with the Amazon ordering process and use the "in english" buttons. If you can find the title in japanese, then just cut'n'paste it into the search field and that will usually get you the results you want.
That's what I used to do before I figured out enough japanese and how to type in it to expedite the process (even if you type in Japanese and let the system "auto-kanji" sommmmmetimes it picks the wrong kanji so ymmv).

Frankly, I just keep a text file of the titles I'm interested in to cut'n'paste for speed.
Old 2007-03-18, 02:37   Link #299
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay.. my first complaint about rightstuf.com ..... I pre-ordered SHnY from them (due out 29May). Its a pre-order .... they keep sending me automagic emails saying they're working on my order but there's a delay.

I KNOW there's a delay --- its a PREORDER!!! (ahem.... yes, I'm going to write them and suggest they turn that off for pre-orders)
Old 2007-04-12, 21:48   Link #300
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Hi everyone, 1st post here.

I'm looking for some older anime series that just can't seem to find. I'm not usre if they're licensed or not (I saw most of these in the early 80's in English but I'm not sure if the license is still "active" no particular preference if its subbed or dubbed)

Tadao Naghama's Robot Romance Trilogy (Combattler V, Voltes V and Daimos)
Getta/Getter (sp?) Robo
Gekiganger (OVA) late 90's spin off of Martian Successor Nadesico. I've been looking for this on ebay for about 6 months
Brave Reideen.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime