Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-08-18, 13:33   Link #561
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Yes, I remember my first taste of Saint Seiya was during its original run in France, and I was glued to the TV, even though I had no idea what they were saying.

What went wrong with Saint Seiya in the USA is the same reason for what went wrong with One Piece. The one and only 4Kids company essentially destroyed many shows in the USA. Saint Seiya was actually distributed by DiC, but they tried to follow the 4Kids model. They edited and dumb down Saint Seiya to a level that was unbearable.

The current issue with Lost Canvas is that it is not considered canon since the mangaka, Shiori Teshirogi, is the author instead of the original mangaka, Masami Kurumada. Although I think this version is awesome in so many ways, Masami Kurumada decided to write his own version as well titled Saint Seiya: Next Dimension.
For Mexico and the rest of Latin America the Spanish dub features all the episodes with no cuts, edits, trimming, and/or skipped episodes. A curious note is that when Saint Seiya first aired in my country back in the early 1990's the show did not feature both opening and ending, but, instead, the dubbed opening and ending from Spain.

However, by the time the show returned to air in Latin America by the 2000's and late 2010's they made sure to include the original opening and ending for the show dubbed in Spanish.

As for Shiori Teshirogi's Lost Canvas manga, sorry to say this, but I'm from the minority opposed to Lost Canvas anime getting further seasons.

The reason is .....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen