AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-13, 09:53   Link #1561
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Sure, lets go on a journey to find our Nodos while we are at that
Old 2007-10-26, 07:18   Link #1562
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This needs to get licensed so we can get the DVD version already. The last 3 episodes were just superb.
Old 2007-10-26, 07:56   Link #1563
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
This needs to get licensed so we can get the DVD version already. The last 3 episodes were just superb.
If licensed I hope it gains proper dubbing since the Japanese voice was to the point where it was majestic.
If voice acting is not done properly it will completely ruin the scene.

Just listen to the BGM that has to mean something.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:15   Link #1564
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Just finished it, Beautiful ending. Loved it, I kept thinking that Age wouldn't come back, but I was really relieved when he did at the end Can't think of anything else to say that hasn't already been said, Though too bad we couldn't see the crew's reaction upon hearing that Age came back. Ah well.
Old 2007-12-05, 20:56   Link #1565
mdauben

Thumbs up

I just finished the series this evening. The first couple of episodes didn't really impress me, so I kind of put off finishing the series for a while. Now, I'm sorry I waited, after the first couple episodes it really got rolling and it was just one great, exciting episode after another, with a great, satisfiying ending.

If this ever gets licenced, its going immediatly onto my "must buy" list!
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 10:44   Link #1566
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
Darn, how I hate when there are people befor me who said what I have to say... ;p

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I just finished the series this evening. The first couple of episodes didn't really impress me, so I kind of put off finishing the series for a while. Now, I'm sorry I waited, after the first couple episodes it really got rolling and it was just one great, exciting episode after another, with a great, satisfiying ending.
A 325 characters of 100% truth!

I wish they would show what happend to other Nodos ;(
4as is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 10:53   Link #1567
Itsuki Midoriba
Yo.

Completed my Heroic Age watching. Of course, as with ALL Hirai-character-designed anime, this has the same old design trademarks of the Hirai 'collection': emoish boy and Miriallia-look-alikes. (Ok, at least that's what I thought after seeing the boxset cover of box IV.)

Seriously, I thought it was great, other than the blatantly slow start. I mean slow. SLOW! But, Fafner was like that, no? (At least the end wasn't messed up like SEED Destiny)

I only have one long-standing complaint: NOT ENOUGH SCREEN TIME FOR THE TWINS! I want more twins-time. More! Two points deducted.

Other than that, it's a 8/10
Itsuki Midoriba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 12:03   Link #1568
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki Midoriba View Post
Completed my Heroic Age watching. Of course, as with ALL Hirai-character-designed anime, this has the same old design trademarks of the Hirai 'collection': emoish boy and Miriallia-look-alikes. (Ok, at least that's what I thought after seeing the boxset cover of box IV.)

Seriously, I thought it was great, other than the blatantly slow start. I mean slow. SLOW! But, Fafner was like that, no? (At least the end wasn't messed up like SEED Destiny)

I only have one long-standing complaint: NOT ENOUGH SCREEN TIME FOR THE TWINS! I want more twins-time. More! Two points deducted.

Other than that, it's a 8/10
The ending of Heroic age is an example of how to do an ending, they show everyone and how they are doing and we get a happy ending. When the music suddenly stopped after Deianira said goodbye, I knew what was coming.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 13:18   Link #1569
RogueAngyl
Diverted Core-gira

Send a message via AIM to RogueAngyl
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
The ending of Heroic age is an example of how to do an ending, they show everyone and how they are doing and we get a happy ending. When the music suddenly stopped after Deianira said goodbye, I knew what was coming.
Seriously, talk about a hard-core tear jerker. I can't watch that ending without getting all watery-eyed. It's my current standard for artistic greatness.

If it wasn't for Fafner being so incredibly good (in my humble opinion) I probably would have never stayed with this. But now I tell people to watch it from the start of the second half to episode 25, then go back and watch it from 1 to 26.
RogueAngyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 21:45   Link #1570
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

But make sure you get the new subs as they're released Shinsens are a lot better than YM, and some of the interpretations have a huge impact on the enjoyment of the show IMO
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 17:46   Link #1571
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuki Midoriba View Post
CI only have one long-standing complaint: NOT ENOUGH SCREEN TIME FOR THE TWINS! I want more twins-time. More! Two points deducted.
They're easily DVD special material.

& seriously, i thought Bandai would have licensed this series by now.
Old 2008-01-03, 19:51   Link #1572
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They're easily DVD special material.

& seriously, i thought Bandai would have licensed this series by now.
Anime companies are not licensing as much as they used to. Market is saturated as it is right now.
Old 2008-01-03, 23:46   Link #1573
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
im glad they didnt... cause i just done watching this anime last week and man i was glad i gave this anime another shot...
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 14:37   Link #1574
Tsukasa27

Well I just finished watching this show and i give it 7.9/10

It was not bad in fact...the main grip i have is it's a bit too cliche (clueless hero with superpowered female lead....)

Also, i don't feel Age develops a lot through the anime, he almost gets no interaction later on in the story and becomes a fighting machine and nothing else.

On the positive, the cliffhangers were nice and a lot of tension was involved in the show. I guess if you are a fan of the genre, it is a good watch.
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:57   Link #1575
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Hime isn't supepowerd, she just seems that way. She's really just a normal girl with strong psychic abilities. The only real power she has is sensing starways. It's not until mars is destroyed does she start to grow, being able to be in a room with men and stuff. Something she's never been able to do before, without collapsing. It's not until the very end when she's given all the abilities of the silvers can you say she's superpowered.

I think the twins are probably stronger than Hime in the beginning.

Age is a complicated one, true it dosent seem like he has much development, but it depends on what sort of development your looking for. Age is clueless yes, but thats because he was designed to be that way by the Golddies, they told him what he was to do and thats all.

Age is the perverbial blank sheet of paper, and as the series gows on we see him growing bit by bit as he learns and experiences new things. I personally would be gutted if he suddenly became an atypical superhero at the end, would make his journey to the end seem pointless. The fact he was neive ashell meant he could make the choices he had to in the end.

And yes towards the end he did come across as a fighting machine, but thats how he was being used by the brothers. They saw him as nothing more than a tool and used him as such. It was only the timeshe was with Hime did we get to see the flip side, such as when she stoped his chaos, that ghostly kiss scene etc etc. Then we have the bit at the very end where he decides to become the key to opening the portal.

I'm not saying this is the greatest show ever, cause frankly it's flawed as hell, took near half the show to get into gear which meant they wasted to much time. But i think your statements on it's flaws are a bit wrong Tsukasa
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:02   Link #1576
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa27 View Post
Well I just finished watching this show and i give it 7.9/10

It was not bad in fact...the main grip i have is it's a bit too cliche (clueless hero with superpowered female lead....)

Also, i don't feel Age develops a lot through the anime, he almost gets no interaction later on in the story and becomes a fighting machine and nothing else.

On the positive, the cliffhangers were nice and a lot of tension was involved in the show. I guess if you are a fan of the genre, it is a good watch.
who is the superpowered femaled lead?

I hope you are not calling Age clueless because he was one of the few people in the show who knew from the beginning what he had to do and why he was doing it. During the ceremony of presentation, Deianira commented that Age already knew about the tasks of his contract.

Age doesn't have any development because he was already wise for his age. he was not an emo guy, he knew what he had to do from the beginning, if you mean he didn't have any development because he stayed innocent and pure through the whole show, that was the refreshing part of him as a hero and why Deianira fell in love with him.
Old 2008-01-04, 16:13   Link #1577
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I think golthin hit it ont he head about Age.

He already knew what will happen and what should happen and what needs to be done.

He was like a actor acting out his part on stage in a play writen by the Golds.

@Tsukasa

what kind of growth were you talking about?

Age is a Pure Innocents. He was raise by the Gold with everything he needed to know or needed implanted given to him already.
Old 2008-01-04, 16:20   Link #1578
Tsukasa27

@ taliesin

Maybe i did not express myself correctly. When i said she was superpowered,
i meant she was no ordinary girl...you have to remember she's definitely unique because she found a path outside of a starway, a thing even the most advanced silver tribe revered and admired...i am not saying she is overpowered, rather a "beautiful girl with magical (or special) powers meets innocent boy" kind of cliche.
I think that even without those stupid brothers, Age's role would have been to fight a lot once the silver tribe had known of his existence.

@ gothlin

I would've loved to see Age grow more as a person...We have seen him awfully rarely in his human form compared to his Heroic form. Sure, he knows the future somewhat, but that does not prevent him from showing a growth in personality.
In fact, although the first episodes were weaker in almost every aspect, i have to recognize that Age grows a lot more in the beginning...he establishes a friendship with Iolaus, gets accustomed to the Argonaut crew and especially the twins even more after he saves them from certain death. In the later parts, he's only fighting for the most part, I remember feeling weird after seeing him back in his human form because he has been Bellcross for so long.
Old 2008-01-04, 16:26   Link #1579
Sassarai
Army of One

Man, almost every anime is pretty cliche. It's just how it's done that determines whether people like it or not. I hate the cliche arguement ~_~.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 16:34   Link #1580
Tsukasa27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Man, almost every anime is pretty cliche. It's just how it's done that determines whether people like it or not. I hate the cliche arguement ~_~.
erm...clueless boy meets maiden-like girl with some hidden power seems to happen more often than other cliches wouldn't you agree? Maybe i have been exposed to this more than others.

Tags
action, science fiction