AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 18:17   Link #2481
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
She had IVs? I didn't see that...wait! Was that that thing that was up her...well, "girl part"?
I think that was for waste disposal. My impression was that there were some type of feeding tubes that she drank liquid nourishment and water from.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 10:12   Link #2482
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Oh well... finally finished watching this series...
Is that really the end??
What happened with the Director General??
Was he get killed by Lucy?
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 11:30   Link #2483
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Yees I'm afraid so..

Ehe aweosme anime eh? Ehe noo I've always believe that Lucy died on the bridge.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 06:13   Link #2484
Dobber X6ZY4
Death in Personne

i tking Lucy is alive
Dobber X6ZY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 10:03   Link #2485
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

The one in front of the gate at the last minute was Lucy, right...
So I guess she's alive.... But then what?? Live happily ever after??
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 13:14   Link #2486
Dobber X6ZY4
Death in Personne

it will be good if they make for exemple Elfen Leid 2
Old 2008-04-26, 13:15   Link #2487
Dobber X6ZY4
Death in Personne

elfen lied only have 13 episodes, to few
Old 2008-04-26, 18:30   Link #2488
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
The one in front of the gate at the last minute was Lucy, right...
So I guess she's alive.... But then what?? Live happily ever after??
I dunno.... I really don't think it is, otherwise that'd make that last scene on the bridge utterly poinltess. But there are a lot theories that it might be Nyu, and only Nyu, and Lucy's dead forever. We had an argument a few pages back about it.
Old 2008-04-27, 03:04   Link #2489
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
ok im just gona leave the omg is that lucy/nyu at the end ??? and question about that clock that just sudden works .... i mean huh!!!??? why would they make that clock work all the sudden what meaning does it have? i was thinking that it is the representation of Nyu/Lucy fixing the matter~symbolising her relationship with kouta maybe??? any thoughts??

Last edited by Taricitous; 2008-04-27 at 05:43. Reason: typo
Taricitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 03:46   Link #2490
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I do think it's Lucy. Just watch episode 1, and you'll see what I mean
Generic Asian Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 06:09   Link #2491
Taricitous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic Asian Guy View Post
I do think it's Lucy. Just watch episode 1, and you'll see what I mean
i dont get it ... where exactly are you talking about from Ep 1.?
Old 2008-04-27, 07:03   Link #2492
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
ok im just gona leave the omg is that lucy/nyu at the end ??? and question about that clock that just sudden works .... i mean huh!!!??? why would they make that clock work all the sudden what meaning does it have? i was thinking that it is the representation of Nyu/Lucy fixing the matter~symbolising her relationship with kouta maybe??? any thoughts??
The Mariko arc in the manga was very different, and I think better, than the anime, and it ended with them thinking that Lucy was dead and only Nyu remained.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-27, 08:49   Link #2493
Taricitous

Are ok when thats explains alot thanks, after reading what you said, i must agree that the manga ending was better then the anime since it actually made sense (ie why did lucy go and get shot after resolving her issue with Kouta which was the thing that kept her going after 8 years) with that said maybe i should read the manga now lol
Old 2008-04-27, 12:38   Link #2494
Reno

You heard her in episode 6 didn't you? "I don't have any right to be with you." Although.... Kouta didn't want her to go. I dunno, maybe she thought she would bring danger if she lives with them. Or... I think she wanted to die throughout the whole series, and now she's finally apolagized to Kouta, she can finally do it.
Old 2008-04-27, 21:29   Link #2495
Taricitous

Quote:
You heard her in episode 6 didn't you? "I don't have any right to be with you."
imo she said that BECAUSE she doesnt want to hurt Kouta again like before when she losted it or maybe because of what Kouta said on the train, telling her to stop? (which she went and continue to kill lots of people anyways)

Quote:
Although.... Kouta didn't want her to go
that is true, however the reason behind him not wanting go could of been the fact that he had such influence on Lucy, he could of said that of felt that way as a method to control/help her with her lust for blood, although its just a theory of mine, personally i hope he felt that way because of his feelings FOR Lucy/Nyu

Quote:
maybe she thought she would bring danger if she lives with them
but she told Nana to live with them yes? wouldnt Nana be endangering them also if she stayed with them, i know Lucy is alot more important and a higher superior target for the Institute, however since the general director is such a (IMO) bastard, i get the feeling that it would want to remove the 'threat' of a diclonius in the society, as long as the institute is aware of the possibility that a diclonius is NOT eliminated or kept in their lab.

Quote:
I think she wanted to die throughout the whole series
i dont think lucy 'wanted' to die, its just that shes afraid of what she will become the Lucy we have today with the mass killing and the such, that is why she asked Kouta to kill her if she did all that.

the person that should die is that lunatic Bando, seriously he have issues.... shame Lucy didnt kill him tho
Old 2008-05-04, 20:43   Link #2496
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Just finished watching this series... the only thing that kept me watching it till the end was the plot.... the brutality and the nude scenes were just gross....
Said that i would like to ask something about the end since i didnt read the manga; what is the meaning of Lucy returning and the clock starting again?
I have some theories in mind but since this is a kinda old series, there must be some conclusion about the ending already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
but she told Nana to live with them yes? wouldnt Nana be endangering them also if she stayed with them, i know Lucy is alot more important and a higher superior target for the Institute, however since the general director is such a (IMO) bastard, i get the feeling that it would want to remove the 'threat' of a diclonius in the society, as long as the institute is aware of the possibility that a diclonius is NOT eliminated or kept in their lab.
The reason why Lucy cant go on living is because she was the first one and the only one that can transmite the virus. That is why they call her the "queen bee" and thus her natural instinct to kill humans. The rest of her kind, like Nana, are just dangerous by themselfs and they can actually control their powers.
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 07:08   Link #2497
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Just finished watching this series... the only thing that kept me watching it till the end was the plot.... the brutality and the nude scenes were just gross....
Said that i would like to ask something about the end since i didnt read the manga; what is the meaning of Lucy returning and the clock starting again?
I have some theories in mind but since this is a kinda old series, there must be some conclusion about the ending already.
That part isn't in the manga. Kouta didn't see any fighting or get his memory back until the next Lucy capture attempt. Lucy lost her horns when Mariko exploded and they thought that, without horns, the Lucy personality was dead. Nana took Nyu back to the Inn.
Quote:
The reason why Lucy cant go on living is because she was the first one and the only one that can transmite the virus. That is why they call her the "queen bee" and thus her natural instinct to kill humans. The rest of her kind, like Nana, are just dangerous by themselfs and they can actually control their powers.
Lucy was not born with a natural instinct to kill humans. That came from how she was treated in the orphanage and Kakuzawa is the reason she grew up there. without him she would have been raised by her mother, with friends and family. There would have been no vector virus diclonius. I think that the virus was to insure that true diclonius humans would have true diclonius children even when they married normal humans. And
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-25, 13:07   Link #2498
ACSephiroth
Lucy's man

I just thought, if they do eventually make a second season ( which may or may not happen considering how long this anime has been over), do you think they may find a way to introduce some of the characters that were only in the manga? And I still hope they do make another season, even if it has gone a different direction as the original manga, I imagine that some of the manga stuff can still work out evil even with
Spoiler for last episode:
ACSephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-02, 16:57   Link #2499
FireChick

Spoiler for manga:
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 20:57   Link #2500
nosferatujoe

The new, elfenlied game

Spoiler for naked:

http://www.elfen-lied.es/foro/index.....html#msg37651

Last edited by nosferatujoe; 2008-06-08 at 00:12.
nosferatujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen