AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-07-15, 09:03   Link #81
kazzuya13

From what I read in the volumes of the Ln I don't remember episode 2 in which chapter it was can someone tell me....
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 09:17   Link #82
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
From what I read in the volumes of the Ln I don't remember episode 2 in which chapter it was can someone tell me....
It was a side story from volume 2 called "Aria in the Starless Night".
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 12:03   Link #83
Hmm....

Aria in the starless night isn't in volumn 2 it's seperate sidestory of its own ^^"
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 12:10   Link #84
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
Aria in the starless night isn't in volumn 2 it's seperate sidestory of its own ^^"
Oh, that's right. My bad.
Old 2012-07-15, 13:20   Link #85
Maxtro

Is watching this going to spoil Accel World?

I've heard that the two take place in the same world, but are about 20 years apart.

I haven't read any of the novels/manga.

Which came out first, SAO or AW?
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 13:33   Link #86
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post

I've heard that the two take place in the same world, but are about 20 years apart.

No, not at all. According to the author, "There is no clear link between the series."

They do not take place in the same world. However, it is speculated that the technology of the AW world is 20 years ahead of SAO world.

SAO came out first.
Old 2012-07-15, 13:33   Link #87
lansglenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post

Watch both, there's no spoiling from one to the other. They're very different stories.
Old 2012-07-15, 14:52   Link #88
Maxtro

OK cool, thanks for the answers.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 14:06   Link #89
Alucard24

Well, I still don't quite understand : the whole game is running on a server somewhere, right ? Why not just reboot or destroy this server to free everyone ?

Or why isn't possible to reroute the access to the network to another server similar but without the kill thing ? Blocking IP and/or changing DNS should still be doable in 2024....

And I assume that this guy had some help to develop everything, co-workers, a society, .... They could be a huge help and they will help because they surely don't want to be trow in jail because of their boss.

As for the boss, I can't imagine anyone able to hide while connected to the net to overview what's going on in the game. I mean, we can already do it (more or less) and here it's ten years in the future !
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 14:14   Link #90
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
Well, I still don't quite understand : the whole game is running on a server somewhere, right ? Why not just reboot or destroy this server to free everyone ?

Or why isn't possible to reroute the access to the network to another server similar but without the kill thing ? Blocking IP and/or changing DNS should still be doable in 2024....

And I assume that this guy had some help to develop everything, co-workers, a society, .... They could be a huge help and they will help because they surely don't want to be trow in jail because of their boss.

As for the boss, I can't imagine anyone able to hide while connected to the net to overview what's going on in the game. I mean, we can already do it (more or less) and here it's ten years in the future !
Spoiler for Answer for question:
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 14:32   Link #91
Alucard24

Well, let's say no one apart him know the system. That means it would be hard to make a replica but they could learn for the original. It should be possible to find the place where the real server is.

And if it's not, just catch the guy and torture him until he gaves the necessary infos....
Old 2012-07-16, 14:37   Link #92
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Well, let's say no one apart him know the system. That means it would be hard to make a replica but they could learn for the original. It should be possible to find the place where the real server is.
Everyone knows where the real server is. The real problem is the Nervgears. Which they also can locate. They can also take apart used ones, consult the blueprints, whatever. None of that is enough to help them safely remove them. Kayaba unthoughtfully failed to provide a minigame to disarm them. Oh, wait, he did: it's called Sword Art Online, and it's a bitch.

Quote:
And if it's not, just catch the guy and torture him until he gaves the necessary infos....
Putting aside the matter of the efficiency of torture (or the difficulty of messing with someone who still has 8000 hostages), if they could have caught him, they would have. Obviously he was prepared enough to escape the authorities for more than a month.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 14:54   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
this is Japan,

last year a wanted terrorist walk into police station to surrender and he was to go away because they didn't believed he was him.
Old 2012-07-16, 15:06   Link #94
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Obviously he was prepared enough to escape the authorities for more than a month.
I don't know how he could do that while monitoring the game but ok. Why not remove the battery of the nerve gear ? Without power, even if the signal is sent, it will do no harm.

They can even train themselves with the "used" ones....
Old 2012-07-16, 15:10   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I don't know how he could do that while monitoring the game but ok. Why not remove the battery of the nerve gear ? Without power, even if the signal is sent, it will do no harm.

Assume the one who conceived them isn't an idiot. The moment they tamper with the Nervgear, it frys the user's brain.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 15:12   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

1. we don't know how the Nerv Gear are construct, so we don't know if are even batteries to remove or even how easy it would be.

2. if i was mastermind i would make sure any attempt to remove or disable the Nerv gear would trigger the microwave blast.

3. it is easy to talk about fictional people but in real life i tell in a real to push a button and there is 50% chance someone will die but 100% chance they will live if you don't push the button. Would you push the button?

4. a large chunk of software and network developer work at home these days. Also programmers love putting in backdoors into their systems, backdoors which even management don't know about. Kayaba being able to monitor his "game' form a remote location is beleiveable and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Anyone know if a boss respawns when they die? Like can they farm a boss over and over? If that's the case wouldn't Kirito have a disadvantage because the guilds would just pk solo players?
1. No
2. by the time guilds were form, Kirito was way too high in levels to pk without losses form the other side.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-07-16 at 21:21.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 22:25   Link #97
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
1. No
2. by the time guilds were form, Kirito was way too high in levels to pk without losses form the other side.
I guess that's an advantage of being a beater. lol

I don't think it was mentioned in the anime, is the real time the same as the game time. for example 1 month in the game is also 1 month in the real world.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:36   Link #98
Meltyred

Quote:

The system is self sufficient, he doesn't need to monitor it.

And yes, the time passes is equal.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 10:07   Link #99
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I guess that's an advantage of being a beater. lol

I don't think it was mentioned in the anime, is the real time the same as the game time. for example 1 month in the game is also 1 month in the real world.
I don't think they really stated it for SAO (kind of hard to compare, too, since players can't log off) but it seems to be the case.

Spoiler for later on in the series:
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:57   Link #100
Alucard24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
The system is self sufficient, he doesn't need to monitor it.
He doesn't need but he wants to ! That what he said : he did that to be able to watch theses players struggle to survive. And that's what it gonna be very interesting : when you have to live in a new place 24h a day, you HAVE to organize yourself. That will be just like a little Populous lol

Quote:
2. if i was mastermind i would make sure any attempt to remove or disable the Nerv gear would trigger the microwave blast.
He can't add a gyroscope like that because it would trigger when they move the players in the hospital. That mean the only two things who can trigger it are a web signal or the loss of the electricity .... but without electricity, no harm can be done.

So why not build a dummy server and reroute the IP to that server ? Even if you can't remove the battery like you said, they would be fine and this would allow help to be send there.

Quote:
3. it is easy to talk about fictional people but in real life i tell in a real to push a button and there is 50% chance someone will die but 100% chance they will live if you don't push the button. Would you push the button?
You're not quite right. If you don't push the button, it's not 100% they live since they can be killed any moment. Apart for the monsters, imagine there a sudden power cut : no more electricity. The battery of the NervGear would kill them. Same thing if the connection to the network is lost for any reason !

Tags
q&a