AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-28, 21:23   Link #81
Raviel

Does anyone know if we have a final tally of how many from the 104th are left after the Battle of Trost?

I wonder how people are going to react to 2-3 episodes of non-stop Titan snacking and what is perhaps the first big reveal of the entire series (Titan Eren). Although I'm afraid everything is going to be censored to hell and back.

P.S. It's a shame we won't be getting Titan-scale MMA animated any time soon though.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:28   Link #82
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm not sure, but I think that after the Annie's finding everyone from the 104th trainee squad was put under surveillance. And that means that excluding the top ten minus Marco only Ymir survived. All the unnamed ones are dead.

EDIT: Actually after rechecking it appears that there are others from 104th squad that were put under surveillance apart from the named ones. But there aren't many of them. What I don't get is why Jean isn't with them.

Wait... where is Jean at this moment?

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-04-28 at 21:56.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 21:51   Link #83
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Minnnaaaaaaaaa!!!! I liked her actually, shame we only found her name out after she kicked the bucket.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 09:07   Link #84
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I'm not sure, but I think that after the Annie's finding everyone from the 104th trainee squad was put under surveillance. And that means that excluding the top ten minus Marco only Ymir survived. All the unnamed ones are dead.

EDIT: Actually after rechecking it appears that there are others from 104th squad that were put under surveillance apart from the named ones. But there aren't many of them. What I don't get is why Jean isn't with them.

Wait... where is Jean at this moment?
That........that's actually a good question, where is Jean?

I think the last we saw of him was before Eren and everyone else left to go around Wall Rose but I'm not really sure.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:41   Link #85
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
That........that's actually a good question, where is Jean?

I think the last we saw of him was before Eren and everyone else left to go around Wall Rose but I'm not really sure.
IIRC Jean was chosen to impersonate Eren during the secret mission to secure Annie.

We then see him the last time (as far as I could find) together with Mikasa, Eren and Armin. They talk about how the walls are filled with titans.

But I don't get why Jean wasn't sent with the rest of the 104th squad. There could be others that could have worked as replacements. I can understand that they don't have reasons to suspect Mikasa and Armin since they are clearly aligned with Eren, plus Armin is actively trying to to catch Annie.

But what is the reason for trusting Jean? Anyone who wanted to be sent to the military police and that was among the first 10 should be at the top of everyone's suspicions.

And now Jean for a non well specified reason was left behind while Mikasa, Eren and Armin were dispatched to fix the wall.

Old 2013-04-29, 11:11   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had totally forgotten about Jean

I don't get why they're trusting him over all the others either. I assume Armin somehow managed to remove him from suspicion. As for his current whereabouts... what if he is the person Bert grabbed? We never saw him with the others at the wall, but perhaps he was there and the mangaka avoided showing him on purpose to fool the readers. Doubt it but just throwing that out there.
Old 2013-04-30, 14:27   Link #87
bastek66

Just caught up with manga. I wonder how long it take them to deduce that Connie's villagers was turned into giants. Maybe they try to cut out his mother from that lying titan.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 20:41   Link #88
Raviel

On another note about Connie's village, I'm sure everyone else noticed how Reiner was really keen on getting out of there ASAP like he was avoiding the topic.
Old 2013-04-30, 21:11   Link #89
Seitsuki
Onee!

Adding credence to that theory is the fact that Titans only die when the back of the neck (where the 'operator' in 'human titans' are) is obliterated. Is it possible that the 'human pilot' of normal titans is there as well, just much more fused with the titan part? It could also explain the lack of awareness/intelligence- they are no longer themselves any more, just a melded mass. Could also be that this fusion is gradual, as Connie's mother still seemed to be vaguely aware.
Old 2013-05-04, 08:47   Link #90
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I hope they don't mess up Eren's death in episode 5...this is really what I hope for the most this next episode.
Old 2013-05-04, 08:55   Link #91
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I hope they don't mess up Eren's death in episode 5...this is really what I hope for the most this next episode.
The only thing that can mess up the scene is censor.
Old 2013-05-04, 09:17   Link #92
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Wait I hope for is that they won't give more blatant hints like they did with Eren's father flashback.

Old 2013-05-04, 09:43   Link #93
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
The only thing that can mess up the scene is censor.
Like Jan-Poo said, they can also mess it up by throwing more hints than they should. In the manga I actually believed Eren was killed and in no way expected him to come back in Titan form. Of course I suspected that it was him when I first saw the titan fighting others, but during those 2 or so chapters until then I simply assumed Eren was actually dead.

The flashback did also happen in the manga before the second titan attack, however I believe people are more aware of it in the anime than in the manga for some reason. I admit that until Eren remembered it again later on (when they were cornered by soldiers) I completely forgot about the flashback, but for the anime I keep seeing anime-only viewers people referencing it.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:29   Link #94
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Like Jan-Poo said, they can also mess it up by throwing more hints than they should. In the manga I actually believed Eren was killed and in no way expected him to come back in Titan form. Of course I suspected that it was him when I first saw the titan fighting others, but during those 2 or so chapters until then I simply assumed Eren was actually dead.

The flashback did also happen in the manga before the second titan attack, however I believe people are more aware of it in the anime than in the manga for some reason. I admit that until Eren remembered it again later on (when they were cornered by soldiers) I completely forgot about the flashback, but for the anime I keep seeing anime-only viewers people referencing it.
I sadly suspect not many people will believe Eren is really death, because the injection hasn't come in to play yet and the anime-only watchers seem more aware of it
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 10:43   Link #95
Raviel

I have a feeling the anime-only viewers won't believe it for the mere fact that Eren has been too "hyped" up" (so to speak) to believe that he's really dead.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:49   Link #96
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

When Eren lost his leg, it gave inclination that he might be really dead. I thought there might be no way for him to comeback. But yeah most people will probably that he will be alive.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:07   Link #97
Grey

I agree people won't think Eren will die. In the manga it still felt like they might kill him. He still felt like just one player in a larger conflict. He could die in a sudden twist as part of the world building. It would just show how grim the fight with the titans was.

But the chronological ordering meant a bit more time following Eren's character. So he's more of a main character who won't be killed off. And there's the OP too.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 12:22   Link #98
Accelolita_

I didn't think he would die for the mere fact he's the MC. But when his hand got chopped off I was like "Wait, will he fight later with only one arm..." and then his leg got bitten off and I thought "Waaaaaaait, how is he supposed to fight later?!" and I was very confused
Though I can't remember if I really thought he's dead, there was still this confusion. And when that one titan appeared I immediately thought "Wow, did Eren take control of the titan that ate him?!", well, wasn't too far off I guess
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-04, 12:24   Link #99
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The OP doesn't mean much though. Remember Madoka.

If you watch the OP you'd think that the show is about her transforming into her magical self and fighting baddies.

Old 2013-05-04, 12:30   Link #100
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
I didn't think he would die for the mere fact he's the MC. But when his hand got chopped off I was like "Wait, will he fight later with only one arm..." and then his leg got bitten off and I thought "Waaaaaaait, how is he supposed to fight later?!" and I was very confused
Though I can't remember if I really thought he's dead, there was still this confusion. And when that one titan appeared I immediately thought "Wow, did Eren take control of the titan that ate him?!", well, wasn't too far off I guess
Well, he could've gotten prosthetic arms and legs later, if the mangaka wanted to go that route. As for being hyped up, I think the anime does a good job balancing our expectations of Eren; he has a ton of spirit and is willing to give everything to kill Titans, but he doesn't excel in any one area in terms of combat or intellect.