AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-06, 11:27   Link #321
Alhazred

Hmm... Orochimedusa's explanation of the link between memories and Dimension W might hint at other things going on with the plot. The way Dr. Yurizaki taught Mira to integrate information (by constructing a complete mental simulation) seems like an exercise in 'creating memories.' That, combined with the fact that Mira's memories are just as valid as human memories as far as Dimension W is concerned (evidenced by her ability to enter the alternate possibility world at the lake) seems to hint that his plans for Mira involved her manipulating Dimension W in some fashion.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 11:34   Link #322
Irenesharda

Wow, that was really good. We got to see the pasts of Kyoma, Loser aka Julian, and Salva all at once and see what got them to the place where they are.

I really liked the Grendal team, I wish they could have lived longer. Al and Kyoma have a really good relationship.
It actually took me a minute to realize that the scientist Julian would become Loser.

And then we have this new bad guy who seems to be at the center of it all. Haruka Seameyer, and other Yuki Kaji role, and one that he is being campy to the fullest. I can also see why Salva is doing what he's doing, even though he's still a bit of a jerk himself.

And then there is the Miyabi/Mira connection and that Miyabi became the model for all the robot bodies that were made afterwards. I wonder if that's the only connection?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 12:09   Link #323
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Highly informative episode.

It looks like we have our villain, and he seems like complete scum. I already hate him. My understanding is that he's currently stuck inside Dimension W and is the one controlling those spheres. Loser's wife is there as well and he believes he can rescue her if he can gather one more numbers (bringing the total to five).
Old 2016-03-06, 12:33   Link #324
ookamigirl

Kyoma vs Loser.
That guy is full of coils..
More about Salva & Lwai.
Huh? Lwai died. How is he alive then?
Seameyer seems to be the real bad guy here.
Kyoma took a trip down memory lane..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 12:38   Link #325
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Everything built up to this point. Pretty much everything that needs to be explained was, and we have a clear goal to the end of this season. Good times.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 12:43   Link #326
dienrachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValvraveTruth View Post
Actually Kyouma has always known that Mira's robot body originally belongs to Miyabi, or Dr Seira's other robot body speciment similiar to Miyabi's robot body. Thats why Kyouma always been rough on Mira.
Hm. It was made explicit in the manga when they first meet, but I don't think it was ever raised in the anime...

But anyway, being the same body doesn't mean being the same person. That's why Kyoma remarks "you're really just a robot" when Mira only 'remembers' her father's orders after a full reboot.

Her actually being the same person as Miyabi (more or less) would be a shock to Kyoma, I think. Had he known already, he wouldn't have mistreated her. Though even that's kind of weird, because he's much less of a jerk in the manga. Not quite sure where to put him, to be honest.
dienrachen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 13:28   Link #327
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
More about Salva & Lwai.
Huh? Lwai died. How is he alive then?
Isn't his cybernetic body pretty big hint?
Old 2016-03-06, 14:44   Link #328
Yamada II

Episode 9
So we learn some more stuff about dimension w here. All memories of this world and all the possibilities of those events are stored, in a way, in dimension w and that weird ball took Salva, and now Kyoma to a trip down memory lane. The two are going through those memories with nothing so happy endings and don't know how to get out.

We also find out about what happened at Easter Island and what led to that. This guy, Meyer, was a student of Yurizaki but had a rather twisted mindset so he was expelled. He wanted to show off his skills and show that scientists can do a lot of stuff and wanted the NTE to be liberalized or something and was roaming the earth spreading chaos and stuff. He did the same in Isla too and that led to Salva accidently killing Lwai after which he made him a robotic body (and he probably wants Yurizaki's made body or its technology or something related to it because it is more perfect than Lwai's). And all his crap led to the NTE research facility at Easter Island. And the Grendels were dispatched to eliminate Meyer and those with him. And Julian, now known as Loser, was there probably not supporting Meyer. And he got caught up in that and lost his wife. And he thinks it was Kyoma's fault but Kyoma remembers nothing of that day. And Loser wants the numbered coils so that he can access the dark area of that facility.

And Kyoma is now half awake and is roaming somewhere in dimension w I think.

Guess Mira really had Miyabi's future body. And Kyoma probably knows this so living with Mira might have been a bit painful for him – he's basically seeing Miyabi's body each day with someone else's head attached to it. Poor guy.

And now this robot has come to life and is about to attack them. And Mira plans on saving the day.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 14:53   Link #329
dienrachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
And Julian, now known as Loser, was there probably not supporting Meyer. And he got caught up in that and lost his wife. And he thinks it was Kyoma's fault but Kyoma remembers nothing of that day. And Loser wants the numbered coils so that he can access the dark area of that facility.
I have a different interpretation; I don't think he faults Kyoma. His stated goal is getting revenge on NTE and those who caused the death of his wife. Had he wanted revenge on Kyoma, he wouldn't have hinted him about the Numbers in the first place.

Here, he was simply mad at Kyoma for failing to remember anything. Knowing that Dimension W is related to memories and that no-one knows what happened during the Easter Island Mishap, I guess that might explain the giant black hole the place has sunk into. I think this is why Loser was upset at Kyoma; would Kyoma not be an amnesiac, dimension W around Easter Island might heal, and Loser could finally face off against Seamayer.

Kyoma's mental block is hindering Loser revenge, and he's not happy about the fact.
Old 2016-03-06, 16:42   Link #330
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Mira has two strands of purple hair that is by coincidence the same color as Miyabi's.

Mira's brain is very complex, and others here will agree that her brain might be Miyabi's, but modfified.

Seameyer looks weak as hell, though. One punch from Kyoma and he's probably down for the count.

Kyoma's military-grade Grendel dart that Ellie found, wow that's hella powerful!!! No wonder those guard robots are no match for Grendel.

Salva seems to be initially selfish, but after what happened to Lwai, he had a big change of heart.

Wait a second, Julian and his wife are blond, but Ellie is not?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 17:40   Link #331
Tenzen12

Nah, you can't "modify" human brain into fully cybernetic one. Though it's probably not impossible copy paterns and memories if you have sufficiently advanced technology (like Mira has). Plus Myabi brain is gone and it's very unlikely its coming back.
Old 2016-03-06, 18:15   Link #332
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah, you can't "modify" human brain into fully cybernetic one.
I think we're well past what's possible and what's impossible here. Just saying. XP

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if fucking aliens were involved or some shit.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 18:21   Link #333
dienrachen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Nah, you can't "modify" human brain into fully cybernetic one.
Ghost in the Shell had some pretty neat solution on that - simply encase the brain into a container that digitalizes all signals.

Now that said, it's unlikely Mira has Miyabi's brain. She would recall her old memories, if that had happened; but as things are, the earliest thing Mira can recall is her own activation. I think it's more likely that she has a copy of Miyabi's brain, but only an incomplete one. (I wonder if that counts as some sort of reincarnation - reborn into a new shell, being yourself sans your old memories?)
Old 2016-03-06, 19:10   Link #334
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure brain case would be easily recognized by Koorogi, but he concluded it is cybernetic brain, most advanced he ever seen, but still just that.

And yeah I agree with copy option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think we're well past what's possible and what's impossible here. Just saying. XP

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if fucking aliens were involved or some shit.
Not really. While I can't rule out alien or two (I doubt there are any though). Everything in this show make sense in context. There is lot of thing that can be slapped onto fourth dimension, but not everything.
Old 2016-03-06, 21:07   Link #335
Wandering Soul

That was an info dump of an episode. We found out more about the backstories of Kyoma, Loser, and Salva. Our new main antagonist Meyer is pretty much responsible for ruining their lives, so I'm looking forward to seeing him get what's coming to him.
Old 2016-03-06, 21:34   Link #336
dark998

Got blue balled a bit because was expecing Kyouma and Loser to duke it out but not yet, it seems. Other than that this episode was packed with information and even presented the main villian/wire-puller Haruka as one of Dr. Yurizaki apprentices. Things got super trippy with all those memories intertwined.

Turns out Mira is not actually Miyabi, that body was supposed to become hers if the operation was successful but things went haywire and those events led to the creation of our robot heroine. Now is her turn to protect Kyouma will he awakens from the dream, will she pull it off?
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-06, 22:25   Link #337
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well seeing the past of Kyouma, Loser and Salva they all are just so messed up
Old 2016-03-07, 02:00   Link #338
Random14

So Loser is walking around with four Numbers... yeah, that's not going to end well. Although at least Loser seems more aware of the risks than most people. Wonder how he escaped that incident, though seems like he has a grudge against almost everyone (understandably so). Don't see a scientist uprising often, with most of them siding with that jerk. New Telsa has plenty of skeletons in their closet, but not quite sure if they're evil either.

I liked all the flashbacks, explains plenty of things and seems like we've met the big bad of the series. Wonder if it'll come down to Kyoma vs. Seanmeyer mental battle in Dimension W. Something of Miyabi seems to remain in Dimension W, considering she encouraged Kyoma (a sweet moment). As for Mira, seems like Dr. Seria Yurizaki attached a robot head to one of the unused bodies, but... well, Mira's mind is definitely far more advanced than everything else (like New Tesla have one acting as a greeter).

Still not sure about Salva, he's not all bad, or simply the evil older stepbrother, though ambitious, and Lwai's condition haunts him.

So some of Kyoma's old weapons are still lying around that island. If he starts using them again, I doubt any robot could slow him down. Until then, seems like whatever happened to Kyoma on that island is one of the most important events of the series.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 02:40   Link #339
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
Most likely it's just a pedometer functionality that counts the number of times that he ...uh,.. nevermind.
Wouldn't that make it a pudometer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Until then, seems like whatever happened to Kyoma on that island is one of the most important events of the series.
Nawwww... Ya think? ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-03-07 at 03:30.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 02:59   Link #340
Random14

Let me rephrase that. Its obviously a major part of Kyoma's trauma and shaped the current him. But until now, I thought Kyoma had just been a soldier who had survived the explosion (or whatever those scientists were working on), due to luck or skill.

Now we've got the main villain personally going after something in Kyoma's head, so whatever happened probably wasn't just Kyoma smashing some machine. Something about him escaping or surviving the nothingness?

Also, continuing with stating the obvious, oh no, Kyoma is in danger with that robot approaching while he's still on that mind trip.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen