AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-05, 15:20   Link #2781
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Kokoro! I'd say she works fast, but its been a month. Still, that was adorable. Overall, despite the slowness and the initial shock of seeing all the kids apparently doing so good after that maelstorm, it was a good "calm before the storm" kind of time. Certainly they deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
New OP visuals are lit. Also love they use a different section of the same song. Would've been cool to hear a new song, but I love KISS OF DEATH.
I can't stop thinking how Gurren Lagann did the same, and it works just as well here. And yes, those visual were really good.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 15:31   Link #2782
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post

I can't stop thinking how Gurren Lagann did the same, and it works just as well here. And yes, those visual were really good.
ah, yes. that's a good point
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 15:47   Link #2783
SeaDoor

I have the strong feeling that the Doctor has had his own plan running parallel to that of the Council. At this point, the Doctor seems to have planted the seeds of a revolution and is now seeing if they will take root.

Oh and one more thing... Anyone want to hazard a guess to 02's final name?

Last edited by SeaDoor; 2018-05-05 at 15:49. Reason: One more thing...
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 16:01   Link #2784
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
I think that's been implied from the start because they are 007 and 008. They would have been the elite single digits too. What's new is that they may not even know who they were. Afterall I don't think any parasite was ever supposed to become an adult. The Doctor may have snuck that past everyone.
yeah it's seens which Dr. used 007 and 008 on his experiments to developt a "cure" for parasites don't die to early.

But still if he is planning to kill all the "adults" and leave only the kids, i feel which only 5 pairs can't be enought to "repopulate the world, without a lot of "inbreed which will lead to a lot of abnormality, even if 007 and 008 survive with the kids still few couples to give a "proper breed" and repopulate, this without counting which one of the is "lesbian" and not will be easy to make her "accept give birth to childrens specially with futoshi" this reduce the number of couples to 4(5 with nana and hatchi if they also survive) and also we have 002 which we don't know how much "human" or human compatible she is, if she can get pregnant and have "normal" or almost normal kids", mankind can be very screwed currently if all adults die and only these kids are let alive.
Old 2018-05-05, 16:17   Link #2785
KPSJ

Kokoro making her move. They are honestly the best couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Kokoro x Mitsuru best couple

This
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 16:21   Link #2786
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
...But still if he is planning to kill all the "adults" and leave only the kids, i feel which only 5 pairs can't be enought to "repopulate the world, without a lot of "inbreed which will lead to a lot of abnormality, even if 007 and 008 survive with the kids still few couples to give a "proper breed" and repopulate, this without counting which one of the is "lesbian" and not will be easy to make her "accept give birth to childrens specially with futoshi" this reduce the number of couples to 4(5 with nana and hatchi if they also survive) and also we have 002 which we don't know how much "human" or human compatible she is, if she can get pregnant and have "normal" or almost normal kids", mankind can be very screwed currently if all adults die and only these kids are let alive.
Interesting thought...yeah, 10 people would have a very low chance of repopulating the planet, even in perfect conditions. Some researchers have come up with 50-100 people (depending on gender ratio) as the minimum, and ideally 500+ people to have a more resilient and adaptive population.

I guess if they also liberated the parasites from the other squads and all the kids in the orphanages, there is more than enough?
Old 2018-05-05, 16:36   Link #2787
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post

Oh and one more thing... Anyone want to hazard a guess to 02's final name?
rei-ni? 8)
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 16:49   Link #2788
firemagnet

Lots of interesting things going on in episode 16.

First and most prominently, Miku and the others are beginning to age; all of them are beginning to strain against Misteltein(sp?), which has now properly become the cage it once was.

Second, we get hints that Nana and Hachi were once franxx pilots, and that Nana herself may have had memory alteration. We always knew that they were likely Franxx pilots thanks to their designations, but for the first time we get some real confirmation that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes.

Third, we see the APE council refer to a klaxosaur princess, who is not Zero-Two, but is clearly the blue oni to her red.

Fourth, the fact that said Klaxosaur princess has a Franxx suggests that she is likely 001, and the being to whom Dr. Franxx was talking about when he noted in episode 13 that Zero-Two was the most "human klaxosaur" he'd seen yet. From the look of things, she seems to be capable of piloting a Franxx alone in normal mode without it going berserk.

The comment that APE made about having two messengers was also interesting. I suspect they're referring to both Hiro's team and the nines, who clearly have plans of their own.

My suspicion is that Nana and Hachi have a lot to do with 001/the klaxosaur princess.
firemagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 16:53   Link #2789
firemagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Interesting thought...yeah, 10 people would have a very low chance of repopulating the planet, even in perfect conditions. Some researchers have come up with 50-100 people (depending on gender ratio) as the minimum, and ideally 500+ people to have a more resilient and adaptive population.

I guess if they also liberated the parasites from the other squads and all the kids in the orphanages, there is more than enough?
A figure I once heard was at least 2000 (1000 couples) people were needed in order to maintain genetic diversity, though tests with lab animals have shown that as few as 25 couples were needed to maintain managed genetic diversity sufficient enough to avoid genetic mutations.
Old 2018-05-05, 16:53   Link #2790
_Ninja_

One interesting thing about the The Beast and The Prince story, a sad story, which parallels our main pair. Zero Two literally has control over it now. Which means she could write whatever ending she wants into the new incarnation of the book. Remember what she said to Hiro when they first met about claiming your own destiny. It's a nice piece of symbolism and maybe all the ominous flags be damned because they are making their own fate.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 17:21   Link #2791
firemagnet

Quote:
One interesting thing about the The Beast and The Prince story, a sad story, which parallels our main pair. Zero Two literally has control over it now. Which means she could write whatever ending she wants into the new incarnation of the book. Remember what she said to Hiro when they first met about claiming your own destiny. It's a nice piece of symbolism and maybe all the ominous flags be damned because they are making their own fate.
They may have control over their own fate, but as the military phrase goes, "the enemy always gets a vote." Nothing will go as they expect, and the fact that we're being shown their happiness now means that there's a great amount of ill intent in store for the main cast. Miku and Zorome are almost certain to bite the dust quickly, if not from combat then certainly because they are reaching the end of their mortal coils; Miku, as we can plainly see, is already beginning to age rapidly thanks to genetic engineering meaning that she will likely not live beyond her 18th or 20th birthday. This is likely the fate that awaits most, if not all, of the parasites of squad 13 not including Hiro, Ichigo, and Zero-Two.

We are now rapidly approaching the time of the cherry-blossom flash-back shown by Zero-Two in episode one, which is likely episode 17 or 18. From there, things can only go downhill; most of Squad 13 will die due to their genetic engineering or due to combat, and eventually Zero-Two will find herself in the company of Zero-One, the Klaxosaur Princess, in front of the mistletoe tree and surrounded by klaxosaurs.
Old 2018-05-05, 17:29   Link #2792
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
They may have control over their own fate, but as the military phrase goes, "the enemy always gets a vote." Nothing will go as they expect, and the fact that we're being shown their happiness now means that there's a great amount of ill intent in store for the main cast. Miku and Zorome are almost certain to bite the dust quickly, if not from combat then certainly because they are reaching the end of their mortal coils; Miku, as we can plainly see, is already beginning to age rapidly thanks to genetic engineering meaning that she will likely not live beyond her 18th or 20th birthday. This is likely the fate that awaits most, if not all, of the parasites of squad 13 not including Hiro, Ichigo, and Zero-Two.

We are now rapidly approaching the time of the cherry-blossom flash-back shown by Zero-Two in episode one, which is likely episode 17 or 18. From there, things can only go downhill; most of Squad 13 will die due to their genetic engineering or due to combat, and eventually Zero-Two will find herself in the company of Zero-One, the Klaxosaur Princess, in front of the mistletoe tree and surrounded by klaxosaurs.
You mean everyone will die? I don't think that's the point of the series at all. This isn't EVA.

The fact that Nana and Hachi survived until adulthood implies that there is a way to save the kids.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 17:50   Link #2793
_Ninja_

Quote:
They may have control over their own fate, but as the military phrase goes, "the enemy always gets a vote."
In a story only the author gets to vote for both sides though. The only things that's for certain is that they are in for a struggle. But even in the very same episode we're given a potential out. Nana has apparently gone through the same thing and she grew to adulthood. And the story of the beast princess with a sad end is no longer an independent entity denoting the arc of Zero Two but is in her control.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 18:56   Link #2794
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new OP couldn't have foreshadowed Zero Two's death any harder, to the point I'm thinking they're screwing with us and she won't actually die.

I'm a bit disappointed they decided to go with a timeskip. They totally swept the giant klaxosaur hand over the rug, and I wish we could have heard what Hiro told the others about Zero Two, even if we can easily guess. I was glad we at least got to see the reunion scene, showing Zero Two ashamed of facing the others and Ichigo making the first step. Good stuff.

Anyway, these minor grievances aside, I really enjoyed the episode. It warmed my heart that Zero Two is completely fitting in now. However, I'm a bit uneasy about the fact she's probably still hiding things from the others. Her reaction after seeing Miku's gray hair was pretty telling. There's no way she doesn't know what it means. I understand it must be tough for her to come out and say it though. There are also Goro and Ikuno getting fevers, which can't be good. So many death flags raised in just one episode. The only ones that seem relatively safe are Mitsuru and Kokoro.

I wonder what Franxx expects from them. What he said to Nana was also intriguing, and seemed to confirm she and Hachi used to be Parasites as their names indicate, which means there is still hope for the main characters.

And we finally got our blue oni, the so called Klaxosaur princess. APE seemed like they were ready to get rid of Zero Two if the princess joined their side. And vice versa.
Old 2018-05-05, 19:08   Link #2795
Applehell

New OP is okay. I never cared for KISS OF DEATH so a slower version of it wouldn't do anything for me. New anime sequence is generally similar to old one with new afteraffects applied. It works, but I don't feel it revealed much of where the series is headed, just few fragmented points of interest.

As for the episode itself, I liked it. It's the best version of these "calm" type of episodes this series has had so far. Not only is free from the awkwardly executed teenage drama, but dealt with a topic more relevant their situation. It doesn't do much to expand the individual characters, but works quite well at developing Squad 13 as whole on a macro level by strengthening the bonds between them. They come to the idea they may not fight as expendable cogs in a machine they might have a life beyond being parasites as Hiro is coming to terms with.

Perhaps the true intent of Dr. FranXX's experiment subtle free them from APE's control, who himself is hinted at not seeing entirely eye-to-eye with and have them ultimately determine the course of humanity.

Finally yeah it's kind of obvious where the story is going with 002 especially take in the whole fairy tale and apply to her and Hiro. She even got wings on the OP to hammer that point home. Still can't see them not overcoming it though but I'm opened to it surprising me.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 19:33   Link #2796
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Oh man , new crazy theories pop up after this ep .

If all the Klaxxosaur core is human-shape baby and this Oni princess is responsible for these , and assuming that 02 (may) also came from her , may be she is trying to birth a new kind of human who can survive the devastated Earth cause by Papa ? And who know if Papa is truly human to begin .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 19:35   Link #2797
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
And...symbolically she is writing the story again. So her ending in the last page could be an "I am what I am. My Darling and his friends accept me for what I am and I live happily ever after." ending.

02 is living with the best group of pilots. Props to Ichigo for being a good leader in the end.

I agree with the "too many death flags so they have to come out okay" rationale. Also, Nana and Hachi made it to adults so some of them have to make it out okay. I'm rooting for Mitsuru and Kokoro to make it out to the end and start a family.

Looks like they only need 160 people. The Parasite breeding program could easily pop out that number I bet.
https://www.newscientist.com/article...rs-calculated/

Last edited by orion; 2018-05-05 at 19:46.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 19:44   Link #2798
Ray
Garnet

What a lovely, heart-warming episode. All the scenes involving squad 13 were just so.. satisfying. Especially the flashback with Ichigo, Hiro, and Zero Two. I loved how the Zero Two hid behind Hiro. She's too precious. And I honestly thought Ichigo was going to pat her on the head but I think that wouldn't have been as genuine as what she actually did.

I think I prefer the new OP in terms of sound, it's just more so my cup of tea. I was really worried we'd get a new song for the OP that would pretty much hint at the direction the remaining part of the show is going to go in. The ED is fantastic, in terms of both visuals and sound.

Mitsuru looks great with his new haircut! I really didn't like his slicked back hair.. it made him look so shady. Kokoro's kiss was also very cute!

Quote:
That's actually a really lovely way of looking at it! I can totally get behind that. I really hope Zero Two puts all the pictures she's drawn together to make her own picture book that's read aloud near/during the finale. It' be a really neat way to bring things full circle.

Quote:
Hm, I assume the cherry blossom scene (which was also briefly featured in the new OP) will be one of the last "happy" scenes before the shit hits the fan. It'll be quite interesting to see how the other scene will play out.. will Zero One attempt to convince Zero Two to join their "cause" (whatever it may be) or will it be a more violent approach involving capturing and/or brainwashing her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new OP couldn't have foreshadowed Zero Two's death any harder, to the point I'm thinking they're screwing with us and she won't actually die.
Honestly, it feels like bait. It's just too obvious. She's pretty much the face of the show, is central to the story, and if you don't care for her in one way or another I think the show has pretty much failed. I really don't think they'll her off considering what the director had to say regarding the characters' stories having "satisfying" resolutions and the general themes of the show. Having said that however, I do think there'll be a few close calls before all is said and done..

That, and I want her to get a happy ending with Hiro and whoever survives from Squad 13, of course! I'd be really upset if they do kill off either of those two but all we can do is hope at this point.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 19:51   Link #2799
jwai

Now who would have thought that Zero Two could be so responsible?

I laughed a bit when Futoshi and Zorome were looking at the fire. Guys will be guys
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-05, 20:29   Link #2800
Zangor17

Honestly even with all the death flags there are just as many counter elements. Every time the picture book gets brought up Hiro always mentions that it seems so sad, I believe there could be implications that unlike the picture book Zero Two and Hiro will get the happy end that eluded the story characters.

Also the shot in the OP where the characters are running as silhouettes, they flash scenes from the first half of the show and the last one before the characters reach out their hands to Zero Two is the scene of happy 02 from the very first ep and could be after the end of the conflict with them fufilling their wish to see the flowers bloom, also 02 turns into sakura petals at the end.
Spoiler for Opening shot with the image:

also at the end when 02 dissapears they don't focus too much on Hiro's face and after a bit he clenches his fists and turns to face whatever the mystery franxx in the background is. there seems to be a lot suggesting 02 might be taken or something and Hiro and the squad will have to fight for the truth and to get the happy ending.

Also the shot with the mysterious klaxxosaur entity looks like she is the blue oni to 02's red even having a single horn instead of 2.
Spoiler for Blue Oni:

I also agree that the director emphasized he wanted to give the characters satisfying endings and 02 dying wouldn't be very satisfying unless the writing sharply changes in 8 episodes.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote