AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-17, 10:43   Link #801
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Honestly can't comprehend why Batman is so popular

GS and Batman are the same
They don't fight evil to save the world
They are doing it for their own self-satisfaction
And ultimately they make the condition worse

For Batman the rise of the joker
For GS the unawareness of goblin threats
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 10:43   Link #802
eiyuuou

Quote:
^That's why there should be a warning to all female adventurers to immediately retreat when encountering goblins
They took up the job.

Quote:
And then notify the authority regarding the presence of Goblins
So they can compose a subjugation team consisting of many parties to exterminate the goblins
The guild issued the request. did you watch the show?
Higher rankers, except goblin slayer, who are capable of dealing with goblins declined the quests, which is why goblin slayer has no difficulty in picking up goblin quests.
Old 2018-10-17, 10:51   Link #803
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^Honestly can't comprehend why Batman is so popular

GS and Batman are the same
They don't fight evil to save the world
They are doing it for their own self-satisfaction
And ultimately they make the condition worse

For Batman the rise of the joker
For GS the unawareness of goblin threats
Batman is popular because the idea of a one man war on crime by a guy who beats people via skill and prep is a recipe for all sorts of awesome.

And as for them making it worse, I dont know how you came up with that. The only version where Batman "causes" the Joker is the Nolan movies. The ones that end with Gotham being basically the only city in the world without organized crime.

And GS has no impact on the goblin awareness thing. He's been active for like five years, the goblins have been around for centuries. They have low awareness because they're normally restricted to the frontier, there are way larger threats out there, and the fact that even a small farming village can legitamitely defend itself against a band of goblins if they aren't too outnumbered.
Old 2018-10-17, 10:51   Link #804
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^The show clearly doesn't make us believe there are worse threats than goblins

^^Read my following posts
I said the first thing to tackle is how society views goblin threats
And the fault lies on GS
Old 2018-10-17, 11:02   Link #805
XFire
150% done

Quote:

And the fault lies on GS
The show is two episodes in. You can pop over to the novel thread if you want a full run down, but the show is based on DnD. There are full on extinction level threats popping up every other week.

Society doesnt view the goblins as a threat for the same reason most medival didnt view bandits as a threat: they aren't. Goblins kill adventurers and raid minor villages (most of whom only have a dozen or so people) and then get taken out. They barely even exist in the minds of most town folk outside of "of yeah those awful little beasties"
Old 2018-10-17, 11:15   Link #806
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
We hear people talking about demon lords in episode 2.

Quote:
And the fault lies on GS
Society's views on goblins won't change unless they kill off a whole city. Not only is that unlikely, but you can't really blame GS, who is after all one guy, for not letting goblins grow strong enough to do that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 11:36   Link #807
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^"Show, don't tell"

Of course it's really terrifying to hear people talk about this and that monsters

GS should totally incite goblins to destroy a city or two
Old 2018-10-17, 12:03   Link #808
XFire
150% done

Quote:
^"Show, don't tell"

Of course it's really terrifying to hear people talk about this and that monsters

You are two episodes into the season. Goblins are literally the only monsters you've seen. Again, you want a full rundown on the other stuff, head to the novel thread where they can discuss more than the first 25% of volume 1.

The premise of this show is based off of a DND meme, where weak mobs were used to screw over a stronger party because of lacking prep and awareness. The point of the first episode was to establish that goblins are a threat despite being weak and demonstrate how GS deals with that threat.

You've read too far into the story and taken "Goblins are a threat to the unprepared" to mean "Goblins are a massive danger to everyone". They aren't.
Old 2018-10-17, 12:09   Link #809
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
^"Show, don't tell"

This anime called " GOBLIN SLAYER", not "DEMON SLAYER", and yes, the anime did show how evil goblin was. The goblins even destroyed GS's villages and few villages in the past, yet it wasn't enough to push the government/kingdom to give it a damn.

So yeah, if you are looking for a demon causing mayhem from MC's POV, then you have to wait for the author to write his next work, "Demon Slayer".
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 17:25   Link #810
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I wonder if there are other higher ranked adventurers that can still think to help other adventurers purely out of compassion like our Priestess, or will she also eventually not care about the lower ranked ones? What a rough world they live in.

Also, now that I think more about it, I'm more convinced that the goblins being able to crossbreed is a secondary function and not their main way to reproduce. They didn't seem to keep the female prisoners captive as a breeding livestock and just have their way however they liked. These females probably wouldn't last 3 days and any goblin offspring they produce is probably more of a happy accident to the goblins. That lowers their threat level by quite a lot.
Old 2018-10-17, 17:47   Link #811
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I wonder if there are other higher ranked adventurers that can still think to help other adventurers purely out of compassion like our Priestess, or will she also eventually not care about the lower ranked ones? What a rough world they live in.

Also, now that I think more about it, I'm more convinced that the goblins being able to crossbreed is a secondary function and not their main way to reproduce. They didn't seem to keep the female prisoners captive as a breeding livestock and just have their way however they liked. These females probably wouldn't last 3 days and any goblin offspring they produce is probably more of a happy accident to the goblins. That lowers their threat level by quite a lot.
Goblin Slayer in Ep1 suggested that the nest of 20 or so would have become 50 or so if they had been a little slower. There's not an exact time-frame for that but you can make some assumptions about

+ 'time-lag' between quest being requested/issued/adventurers make it to the nest
+ number of children present (4 in epi 1)
+ number of girls being used as breeding aids
+ goblins reproduce quickly

Ultimately

+ girls (some if not all) were rescued (thus still alive)
+ 'child' goblins were present (had to have come from somewhere)

It's highly unlikely to be a 9 month pregnancy with a linear number of 'children'
Old 2018-10-17, 18:26   Link #812
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Hearing a lot of things about this anime, I'm wandering if I should pick it up.
Old 2018-10-17, 18:37   Link #813
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Hearing a lot of things about this anime, I'm wandering if I should pick it up.
What are your 'deal breakers' (if any) as far as your anime relationships go?
Old 2018-10-17, 18:52   Link #814
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I hope we get an info dump about Goblins soon. We don't even know how fast exactly they reproduce, so it's hard to estimate whether they're really that big a threat.
Old 2018-10-17, 19:15   Link #815
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
What are your 'deal breakers' (if any) as far as your anime relationships go?
As long as there isn't too much plot armor or to many character tropes, especially white knighting. But I think i'm going to pick it up anyway.
Old 2018-10-17, 19:17   Link #816
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
+ 'time-lag' between quest being requested/issued/adventurers make it to the nest
+ number of children present (4 in epi 1)
+ number of girls being used as breeding aids
+ goblins reproduce quickly

Ultimately

+ girls (some if not all) were rescued (thus still alive)
+ 'child' goblins were present (had to have come from somewhere)

It's highly unlikely to be a 9 month pregnancy with a linear number of 'children'
I agree there's no way it is a 9 month pregnancy. Though I don't remember there was any survivor beside the Fighter girl from that first episode. I used a 3 days estimate since that's how long humans can go without water. I assumed the goblins didn't care about those female enough to give them sustenance. Also in this episode GS hinted that "it is too late for them" about the kidnapped girl and the adventurer that went before, and that seems to coincide nicely with the 3 days period.
Old 2018-10-17, 19:26   Link #817
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I agree there's no way it is a 9 month pregnancy. Though I don't remember there was any survivor beside the Fighter girl from that first episode. I used a 3 days estimate since that's how long humans can go without water. I assumed the goblins didn't care about those female enough to give them sustenance. Also in this episode GS hinted that "it is too late for them" about the kidnapped girl and the adventurer that went before, and that seems to coincide nicely with the 3 days period.
I doubt 3 days also. Maybe the reason being too late was that the goblin group didn't need any more kids. Those girls are going to have to be force-fed if they don't want miscarriages from dehydation/starvation.

Gestation periods are based on size apparently so... those kids were birthed from another set of dead women imo.
http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/gestation.htm
Old 2018-10-17, 19:32   Link #818
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I doubt 3 days also. Maybe the reason being too late was that the goblin group didn't need any more kids.
Do you think the goblins at least give them some water then? It's not impossible, and that would increase the time limit to maybe a week or two. Also, was there something from what the guild attendant say that can lead to GS knowing the goblin group didn't need more kids?
Old 2018-10-17, 21:45   Link #819
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
As long as there isn't too much plot armor or to many character tropes, especially white knighting. But I think i'm going to pick it up anyway.
No white knights. I do hope you will like it.
Old 2018-10-17, 22:01   Link #820
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
^"Show, don't tell"

Get goblins to destroy towns with hundreds of people to stop goblins from attacking villages of a couple of dozen people?

In the first place, a pack of goblins hiding in a cave aren't going to be able to destroy a town. So he'd need to let a pack of goblins grow to over a hundred, and allow for a goblin strong enough to lead them.

Goblins depend on stealing food and women to survive. How many villages will be destroy for an army to be formed and then maintained?

What do you want people to even do, genocide the goblins?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy