4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-19, 16:26   Link #21
Ickarium

I think they could have been clearer with what Miki did. It's there, so I can talk about it, but they glossed over in a single image. I really like Miki's tactics. He did a big illusion on George, made him jump away and blasted him. (You can see an image of the ground as he collapses, there's no pitholes or big craters or broken rocks or grasping plants).

That's awesome, a great tactic.

In general I liked it, though, did pretty well. And I'm not sure what people who are saying Masaki lost easy are seeing, he was basically controlling the fight till Tatsuya got close, and the only reason Tatsuya managed to get close as quickly is he took his attention off Tatsuya a brief moment to help George. Cue ninja run like what he did to Hattori.
Old 2014-07-19, 16:37   Link #22
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
And I'm not sure what people who are saying Masaki lost easy are seeing, he was basically controlling the fight till Tatsuya got close, and the only reason Tatsuya managed to get close as quickly is he took his attention off Tatsuya a brief moment to help George. Cue ninja run like what he did to Hattori.
He didn't lose because Tatsuya got close. Ichijou lost because in that situation his instincts took over and he used a potentially lethal spell and was too shocked by that mistake to react adaquately when Tatsuya recovered. I think even if Tatsuya got that close, without that mistake he still would have controlled the fight.
Old 2014-07-19, 16:40   Link #23
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
The only part that kinda bothered me was how they were doing the long explanation for Tatsuya's abilities right after he defeated the Crimson Prince even though the battle didn't end yet. Kinda took tension away from the match.
I didn't like those either for the same reason. They stole all the energy from the scenes. However, I can't think of any other better way to handle the problem. Without any explanations at all, you could lose the viewer in a huge forest of magic. If the explanations were gathered up and moved to the end of the match, you could drown the viewer in the depths of info-dumps. I guess they decided that the mid-match breaks were the least bad of 3 bad options.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2014-07-19 at 16:46. Reason: removed 2nd comment
Old 2014-07-19, 16:46   Link #24
Kakurin
大佐

Something that hasn't been mentioned I think, very interesting what Miyuki means by that she's among the ranks of those who have imposed a limit on Tatsuya's abilities. We know that he can't use some of the lethal spells because of the competition restrictions, but this goes even beyond. What Miyuki suggests is that there is another limit placed directly on Tatsuya's magic and that she's partly responsible for that. So, officially Tatsuya is Miyuki's bodyguard. But could that bodyguard duty also be a way to keep Tatsuya on a leash, as a means of control?
Old 2014-07-19, 17:39   Link #25
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

For me, I liked how Miki was able to cast 5 different Spells at once.

Ichijo cast 12 I think, but it was the same spell.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by LKK; 2014-07-19 at 18:48. Reason: no longer needed
Old 2014-07-19, 18:00   Link #26
GDB

Only part I didn't like was the beginning of the match, where it was just both players walking towards each other shooting the sky. For multiple minutes. It didn't even care to continue showing where they were shooting and just zoomed in on faces because they knew it was boring.
Old 2014-07-19, 19:16   Link #27
wakbob

What an amazing episode. The feeling at the end though.
Old 2014-07-19, 19:28   Link #28
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hafta agree that I thought it was a good ep. Very enjoyable on the whole.

Also nice that Mikihiko and Leo got to shine as well.
Old 2014-07-19, 19:50   Link #29
tsunade666

Excellent fight scene. Good tactics by Mikihiko and awesome acrobatic moves by Tatsuya.
Old 2014-07-19, 20:36   Link #30
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

If Ichijo used an illegal spell why didnt they just disqualify third high right there?

Old 2014-07-19, 20:41   Link #31
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
If Ichijo used an illegal spell why didnt they just disqualify third high right there?
The part where Tatsuya was dispelling the activation sequences with his gramdemolition counter magic, Tatsuya failing to do so, getting injured and countering Masaski with a surprise attack all happened in the span of a couple of seconds. In the novel Masaki was thinking to himself that "Any moment now I will be disqualified" and in that instant Tatsuya used the sound amplification with flash cast ending Masaki's match before they could disqualify him. Not to mention Tatsuya instantly getting back up without any harm confused a lot of people, leaving a lot of question marks as to what actually happened.
Old 2014-07-19, 20:46   Link #32
Sixth
Hu Tao

what's up with Mikihiko's speechless reaction in the end of episode? Is it because Tatsuya and Leo don't give a damn about their injury or what?
Old 2014-07-19, 20:53   Link #33
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
what's up with Mikihiko's speechless reaction in the end of episode? Is it because Tatsuya and Leo don't give a damn about their injury or what?
It's more that Tatsuya and Leo don't think Leo getting rammed by a motorcycle is strange.
Old 2014-07-19, 21:34   Link #34
mistress_kisara

I'm seriously loving Mikihiko right now, he's the reason I'm still watching this show
Old 2014-07-19, 21:36   Link #35
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
At least Azusa was there

I wonder why is she blushing

Too bad she doesn't have a line there
Old 2014-07-19, 21:46   Link #36
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

While I haven't seen it yet, it sounds like this is the episode that I've been waiting for.
Old 2014-07-19, 21:47   Link #37
Death Usagi
Banned

Total badass action episode.

Tatsuya is seriously OP even without releasing his limitations =w=

Tatsuya is like one of the main reason I watch this series. I just love the guy
Old 2014-07-19, 21:50   Link #38
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
The part where Tatsuya was dispelling the activation sequences with his gramdemolition counter magic, Tatsuya failing to do so, getting injured and countering Masaski with a surprise attack all happened in the span of a couple of seconds. In the novel Masaki was thinking to himself that "Any moment now I will be disqualified" and in that instant Tatsuya used the sound amplification with flash cast ending Masaki's match before they could disqualify him. Not to mention Tatsuya instantly getting back up without any harm confused a lot of people, leaving a lot of question marks as to what actually happened.
I mean both Ichijo and Mayumi both said he used an illegal spell. After the whole 'Battering Ram incident' I would think they would've disqualified 3rd high and ended the match right there. Letting it continue AFTER an illegal spell was used was very bad for the judges.

Old 2014-07-19, 23:11   Link #39
Jerseykid

I wanted more reactions from the head old guy with black eyes. He's super cool
Old 2014-07-20, 01:05   Link #40
Tormenk

I lol'd at "I don't think he can fool the eyes of that esteemed elder over there." when Kudou doesn't have any eyes in his design at all.

Good animation throughout the episode but as noted by another poster Madhouse didn't managed to draw out the latent tension even for such a high stake match. Maybe it's just me?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Closed Thread