AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-10-05, 03:02   Link #181
Verso Sciolto
Banned

October 5, 2017. Side by Side, with obi. Message and image covering this day of release for author Ayano Takeda.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-26, 10:00   Link #182
Hata
時の異邦人

was at Kino hunting for BSM’s UQ pactio card, did not find them, but run into the two new Euphonium novels on the shelf, did not have time to stand around and read through them, (so don’t bother asking more questions) only browse through the beginning and the end.

Spoiler for 2nd Year Ending:
Old 2017-10-27, 04:21   Link #183
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Might be a difference without distinction to some but I thought the following significant. A subtle difference between what you wrote and the entry as printed in the book itself:
Spoiler for Character descriptions:
Old 2017-10-27, 17:40   Link #184
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
was at Kino hunting for BSM’s UQ pactio card, did not find them, but run into the two new Euphonium novels on the shelf, did not have time to stand around and read through them, (so don’t bother asking more questions) only browse through the beginning and the end.

Good to read that.
How about their looks?

What about the others like Reina, or Taki-sensei, does he still teach in the school?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-27, 22:40   Link #185
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
I still find him and that fact, unpleasant, no matter how it is phrased.
if that is the case then you probably would not enjoy the middle of the story, but like the ending part about those two, according to people who had read the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Good to read that.
How about their looks?

What about the others like Reina, or Taki-sensei, does he still teach in the school?
look? is only one year, and covered April to September contest run+end park public concert in November, look don't change,
the old casts are still there, the interesting story plot lines are the bombs.. I mean new freshman Kumiko needs to diffuse just like in year one.

I am really looking forward to year 3 now, I have no feeling or take side in any of the shipping, my drive/motivation to follow this story is always on the growth of Kumiko as a person.
Old 2017-10-28, 00:23   Link #186
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
if that is the case ...
It is.
If a story is told well and has interesting subject matter it is possible to enjoy it even though it is about people, characters or events I do not like. This is one of those stories.

I'm putting the rest behind spoiler tags again, particularly when referring to possible endings and hope you can put the tags back on the text you quoted from my previous comment as well.
Spoiler:
Old 2017-11-05, 00:14   Link #187
Kamieichi

Finally finished listing mistakes/mistranslations of English Hibike! novel 1. Even though I started it right after it was published, it took so long in the end.
Images
Chapter 1
Images
Chapter 2
Images
Chapter 3
Images
Chapter 4
Images
Epilogue

Anyway, there is no update of release date of novel 2 on Yenpress's site, so I guess they don't plan to publish the rest? Too bad if that's the case.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 03:51   Link #188
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
Anyway, there is no update of release date of novel 2 on Yenpress's site, so I guess they don't plan to publish the rest? Too bad if that's the case.
I really hope that's not the case... I've enjoyed the first novel pretty much, specially searching for the differences with the anime
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-05, 03:02   Link #189
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
Finally finished listing mistakes/mistranslations of English Hibike! novel 1. Even though I started it right after it was published, it took so long in the end. [...]

Thank you for creating and posting this very useful list here. When you submitted your suggestions to Takeda-sensei she indicated in response that she would try to get your corrections incorporated into the Japanese text.

Was there a similar response from Yen Press regarding the errata sheet you submitted to them regarding their English translations? In other words., could we perhaps take the way a reply from Yen was articulated as an indication that there might be additional print runs for volume one in English as well? Could we thereby perhaps gauge interest from the English market - based on whether or not their initial estimates were -their original print run was- sufficiently large to meet demand from English customers / readers or if they needed to print more books to accommodate demand? Even without knowing the size, the numbers, of their initial release of the first volume in English.

Based on online reports, it doesn’t look like there were any announcements about additional licenses at recent events and conventions from the publishers. Maybe they’re waiting with announcing more, translating more, until after the theatrical run of the films still to come …? Would that make sense? Does it make sense to look at this like that? I write this comment although I'm not impatient for whatever they may eventually still deliver.

It also appears the translator for the first novel is no longer with Yen. Not that that must necessarily present an obstacle to the publication of additional novels in English but it is perhaps worth noting here as well.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-12-05 at 08:10.
Old 2017-12-09, 07:03   Link #190
Kamieichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
Was there a similar response from Yen Press regarding the errata sheet you submitted to them regarding their English translations? In other words., could we perhaps take the way a reply from Yen was articulated as an indication that there might be additional print runs for volume one in English as well? Could we thereby perhaps gauge interest from the English market - based on whether or not their initial estimates were -their original print run was- sufficiently large to meet demand from English customers / readers or if they needed to print more books to accommodate demand? Even without knowing the size, the numbers, of their initial release of the first volume in English.
I don't think they would actually make a response so I don't do anything to let them know it. Maybe you want to try? I don't mind at all.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 23:54   Link #191
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Don't remember seeing this book mentioned in Hibike! related threads but may have overlooked it. Sound! Euphonium came up in the "Uchū yorimo Tōi Basho: A Story That Leads to Antarctica" thread. Haven't read this book but it looks interesting for a topic like this too. Dropping in here for reference:

"Wind Bands and Cultural Identity in Japanese Schools" (2012) by David G. Hebert. Springer
Old 2018-02-26, 06:16   Link #192
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Old 2018-03-06, 01:10   Link #193
Marina2

New novel is coming out. Which mean more material that can be turned into a movie.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-april/.128565
Old 2018-03-06, 02:22   Link #194
Ulin

No news about the second one being translated is there?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 02:52   Link #195
Verso Sciolto
Banned

The new Japanese book is out since the 5th and the upcoming film appears to have the previous ones,
Spoiler for Covered:

As before, the publisher's web page for the latest book, 響け! ユーフォニアム 北宇治高校吹奏楽部のホントの話, has a preview.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2018-04-07 at 03:26.
Old 2018-04-19, 00:34   Link #196
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
New novel is coming out.
Spoiler:
Old 2018-12-07, 08:45   Link #197
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Takeda confirmed final installment of Hibike novels set in Kumiko's final year of high school.

Here is the current timeline:

Images
big

Last edited by LKK; 2018-12-07 at 10:31. Reason: added images tag
shanimebib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-24, 09:29   Link #198
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I will now leave this here. it looks like Ayano Takeda can't...

...can't keep her intentions straight
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-12, 09:22   Link #199
Hata
時の異邦人

the final volume synopsis is out a while.

the only none spoiler thing I can say. is there is no surprises, pretty much all the fan predictions comes true. and it is an extremely satisfying ending, as it tidy up all the lose ends, it is probably the best volume beside the second half of year one.

cross the fingers for gaidens of the side characters to come out.
Old 2019-07-12, 20:56   Link #200
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
the final volume synopsis is out a while.
Could you point us toward it? Or PM me if public posting isn't allowed...?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music