AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-06, 20:30   Link #161
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Its really just been either rearanges and minor edits so far,I doubt that they will edit the anime to the degree they put that in.
Hmmmmm....well i guess ill keep my expectation low then.

Btw first day of school Tatsuya can already feel the headache called .....

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 20:32   Link #162
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Volume 13 thread is here. :P But no, you should not be begging for anything on these forums. It is either potentially annoying or leads to big problems for them and part of the reason why they've been around as long as they have IS because they squish this.

Yeah, that would count as a plot spoiler since you're spelling it out, IMO. I edited your title just in case so that I don't get hit by moderation. :P

I've seen the mods say before that they mod based on the "Report" button. So if it got edited, that means someone hit that button and complained to a mod about your post.

If you don't explain what you're referring to, you're not giving away plot spoilers. That's the big one for this thread it seems, according to the first post.
@In bold, I was just joking. I think you could tell that though, but people generally ask for spoilers all the time anyway, and some people provide them without even being asked just to have content for discussion, so I think it's a bit sad that there's no place for anyone of these types to comfortably do that, unless it's the new volume 13 thread that might allow volume 13 spoilers.

Still thanks for laying down the law in a simple way. I just wonder if it's needlessly strict right now or not. It might be justified based on past events, but is it cracking down too much.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 21:07   Link #163
Jirachier

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed with this first episode, I'm gonna be putting this under spoiler just in case, but it's really just comparison with what would've already been revealed in the LN
Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-06, 21:48   Link #164
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed with this first episode, I'm gonna be putting this under spoiler just in case, but it's really just comparison with what would've already been revealed in the LN
Spoiler:
i guess it realy lacked in explanations but i don't think that the miyuki moments were execive, their relationship is an recorrent point in the novels its impossible to make a good adaptation and let that part aside.
personaly the miyuki bro-con moments all have a comic tone in it, and was to me the most enjoyable part of the episode (just to note i am not a miyukixtatsuya).

as for the figth parts i liked it, and i don't have the impression yakumo was being sarcastic as to prove he have to use magic to beat tatsuya.

P.S: the worst part of the anime to me was mayumi short screen time
P.S2: it has been 7 coments deleted in the anime only thread in the last hour, 5 for "flamable topics".

Last edited by Lazy cat; 2014-04-06 at 21:58.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 01:13   Link #165
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for response:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 02:14   Link #166
Seitsuki
Onee!

Screw you all, <<Onii-sama>> is what makes this series!! /totally unbiased
Old 2014-04-07, 02:46   Link #167
Riddam

Quote:
Spoiler:
That was for animation reasons purely, I'm quite sure. And I thought that they did what they could with conveying that Tatsuya is better at Taijutsu than Yakumo is.
I wouldn't really worry in your case. From the opening it looked like they're emphasizing Tatsuya's strength more than in the manga adaptation.
Riddam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 02:54   Link #168
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Screw you all, <<Onii-sama>> is what makes this series!! /totally unbiased
Impossible to deny this haha.

Finally saw the episode and obviously liked it. Can't complain much given that they managed to include many core elements in 20 minutes, which is not bad given the nature of the LN. As an introduction episode I think not dumping too much info yet is not bad, just pour enough to attract attention for the next episode.
As for the voice acting I'm glad to hear so many good actors in the cast, can't help but see some oreimo/haganai characters when they are talking
type-R! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 03:55   Link #169
Jirachier

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-07, 05:26   Link #170
RDNexus

Quote:
Spoiler:
As well as with most LN adaptions... Yes, it seems to kill them to do so...
I'm not saying this because the animators suffer to make this look as amazing as we wish it to be but mostly because they may think having the adaption like that will help them sell more in Japan. I'm not sure, if there's anyone better than me to explain this, if he/she could step forward...

Last edited by RDNexus; 2014-04-07 at 06:01.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:22   Link #171
Echizen777

Quote:
Spoiler:
You can hate it, but Miyuki is the second main character, they can't skip these scenes. Personally I don't care but I understand your hate.

Spoiler for About Tatsuya and Yakumo:

I am not sure, should I even use a spoiler tag on this thread?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 07:38   Link #172
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ is the anime good I haven't watch it yet
Old 2014-04-07, 08:07   Link #173
pampz21
ShipCore

PV for ep 2 came out;
Just like as we expected its about Miyuki getting recruited for SC~

EDIT: First time I thought Tatsuya is cute~
(Reference to 17:25)

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-07, 08:44   Link #174
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
You can hate it, but Miyuki is the second main character, they can't skip these scenes. Personally I don't care but I understand your hate.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-07, 08:51   Link #175
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post

The definition is fine, the problem is that people have been misunderstanding the definition.

I understand what you mean, but I'm inclined to disagree because I have problems with actual definition itself, and even if I agreed with you, the Sue issue would still piss me off. That people would throw a term around without knowing what it actually meant.

But let's not get into that anymore. Going back to the anime discussion...

I thought the anime was fine. I'm a little worried about how people respond to the Enrollment arc because I believe it to be the weakest and slowest of all the arcs we have so far. There's really nothing to separate it from other stories, and it led people to believe the discrimination thing was going to be a major focus instead of just one of the issues the series talks about---it was only in retrospect, with the information we get from future arcs, that it became more enjoyable for me. (Especially when I see all the foreshadowing it did) So I fear people dropping the anime before we even get to 9 Schools and the Yokohama arc--the part of the story that hammers in what Mahouka's actually about. And I believe the anime set up all the right things--the things which lead to the juicier parts of the plot.

I'm a little more disturbed by some people's negative reactions to Miyuki; I really doubt she'd be getting such a response if she was a not-blood related heroine.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2014-04-07 at 09:18.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:07   Link #176
Echizen777

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:31   Link #177
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post

Quoting from the opening post:
Quote:
As this is a source material thread, it is expected that you should be reasonably caught up to the latest source material when participating. However, if spoiling major plot points that others may not yet have read, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags that indicate to the reader whether it's safe to open the tag. Spoiler tags with no label are not allowed!
So the answer to whether you need spoiler tags in this thread is "it depends on what you're talking about". Nebulous and open to interpretation, I know. Basically, you need a spoiler tag if it's something big that someone who's reading the books but isn't yet up-to-date with the latest novels might want to learn by reading the books, not by reading it unawares in a post.

As a guideline when posting, ask yourself, "How would I have felt if someone surprised me by telling me this before I read it for myself?" If you wouldn't have liked to learn about the "this" by surprise, then definitely spoiler and label it.

Specifically with regards to your "this" in the spoiler I quoted, I wouldn't at you for not using a spoiler tag.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 09:47   Link #178
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
I understand what you mean, but I'm inclined to disagree because I have problems with actual definition itself, and even if I agreed with you, the Sue issue would still piss me off. That people would throw a term around without knowing what it actually meant.

But let's not get into that anymore. Going back to the anime discussion...

I thought the anime was fine. I'm a little worried about how people respond to the Enrollment arc because I believe it to be the weakest and slowest of all the arcs we have so far. There's really nothing to separate it from other stories, and it led people to believe the discrimination thing was going to be a major focus instead of just one of the issues the series talks about---it was only in retrospect, with the information we get from future arcs, that it became more enjoyable for me. (Especially when I see all the foreshadowing it did) So I fear people dropping the anime before we even get to 9 Schools and the Yokohama arc--the part of the story that hammers in what Mahouka's actually about. And I believe the anime set up all the right things--the things which lead to the juicier parts of the plot.

I'm a little more disturbed by some people's negative reactions to Miyuki; I really doubt she'd be getting such a response if she was a not-blood related heroine.
TBH, the discrimination issue kinda is and should a be non-factor after the 1st Year arc, Shippou's nonsense aside. After what the Course 2 Students have achieved at the 9SC and Yokohama, the Course 1 students can't exactly revert to how they were at the start of the year.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 10:08   Link #179
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
PV for ep 2 came out;
Just like as we expected its about Miyuki getting recruited for SC~
Do you know of any place where I can see it? The vid on the official website is blocked to my country...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 10:10   Link #180
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Do you know of any place where I can see it? The vid on the official website is blocked to my country...
I saw someone upload it on facebook; just search mahouka...i think its the jp fanpage

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,