Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 14:36   Link #981
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Not even C;H Noah has (it is on console after all).
Though it did destroy what I felt the game did best: The lack of routes.

Seriously, it's a visual novel that mocks ren'ai games and the kind of people who play them... and they turned it into a ren'ai game.

Is there something wrong here or is it just me?

Also to actually get on topic the anime ruined the story
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 15:12   Link #982
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

There are character routes in Noah actually, and afaik more extended Guro so that's the reason the rating went up to 18+.
There was even a TL project going which ported the Noah version to PC, but apparently after the JAST/Nitroplus cooperation, all I can see and comment on it that is: Support JAST USA's official localizations of Nitro+ games!
I've been brainwashed help meee!

And regarding the C;H anime... To be quite honest, I played the game first, then watched the anime, and I wouldn't recommend doing it in that order.
Old 2009-07-13, 15:24   Link #983
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
There are character routes in Noah actually
Exactly, which was my problem.

Quote:
And regarding the C;H anime... To be quite honest, I played the game first, then watched the anime, and I wouldn't recommend doing it in that order.
Nor would I. Hell, just buy the game when JAST releases it, skip the anime completely. It sucks compared to the game.
Old 2009-07-13, 16:16   Link #984
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hell, just buy the game when JAST releases it
I wouldn't bet much money on that unfortunately... At least as long as there isn't any announcement of some kind from some official source.
Old 2009-07-13, 16:46   Link #985
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I wouldn't bet much money on that unfortunately... At least as long as there isn't any announcement of some kind from some official source.
It's not even an eroge. Why WOULDN'T they bring it over?
Old 2009-07-18, 21:37   Link #986
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Oh lawd, what did I just watch?
Really felt like a nitro+ story from the get go. I'm not exactly sure what I should think of the series, but the ending really pleased me.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 03:21   Link #987
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Oh HECKS NAW!!!!! I finally re picked up this series and finished it. What the heck is this? So basically some people have the ability to conjure up stuff, and then some greedy business men make a machine that can use that power?

ok, what the hell?! What was with all the complicated explanations then?

Screw this show, the ending sucked too. And to make matters worse, this is kind of haremy but there was no fanservice. *sigh*
Old 2009-08-06, 04:34   Link #988
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The anime sucks. Play the game. It makes 'sense'.
Old 2009-09-06, 18:43   Link #989
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Oh HECKS NAW!!!!! I finally re picked up this series and finished it. What the heck is this? So basically some people have the ability to conjure up stuff, and then some greedy business men make a machine that can use that power?

ok, what the hell?! What was with all the complicated explanations then?

Screw this show, the ending sucked too. And to make matters worse, this is kind of haremy but there was no fanservice. *sigh*
lol the last episode really screwed everything up didnt it? I mean it was quite refreshing to see a coward,otaku,useless protagonist and the whole mistery behind the new gen killings and even the whole "materializing delusions" idea was ok but the last episode made the whole anime seem stupid >.< Somehow the irritating useless coward takumi becomes some kind of super-powered brave hero and suddenly there is a takumi harem

Ill recommend it with a 6/10 but dont expect a great ending....
Old 2010-06-14, 02:29   Link #990
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

Anyone knows what's the song in episode 11 at 23:26? Starts with a reef...
Old 2011-02-25, 17:25   Link #991
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
CHAOTIC REVIEW HEADBANG TIME

PROLOGUE
Chaos;Head, aka «How to make a jackass out of a good premise. Some people must think they can make wonders if they make an anime as f*ed up as possible. They are wrong.

ANIMATION SECTION: 6 [Trolled by amateurs!]
First of all, I got trolled when I saw the first entry picture. I thought “an action anime with chicks and magic swords”. Well, it isn’t. Action takes place from episode 8 and on and it is still silly for the most part. Random clashes and magic gismos making stuff appear and disappear are hardly realistic and the speed of the battles was so slow and simple that I was not interested one bit. So, as an action anime, this series is terrible.
I got trolled again when they switched the picture to a guy surrounded by happy go lucky girls. I thought “a generic harem”. Well, it’s not that either. There is hardly any nude or fan service in it beyond the erotic illusions of the protagonist. Just lots of pretty faces and “zettai ryouiki” (upskirt but no pantsu). Although it does feel like a harem half the time it is still far from one as any hits of romance or ero stuff it has in it are short and have little to no purpose in the series.
Then there is the horror aspect of it. So amateurish. Although the animators tried to insert cinematics in order to make things look creepy, everything was done so poorly and lifelessly it didn’t help in building atmosphere. There are lots of great horror anime and this is not remotely scary. Heck, they even censored most of the gore as blood and severe injuries are almost never shown. How do you hope of making a gore story by taking out the gore?
There is also the character figure issue. There are lots of kawai girls surrounding an antisocial male who wastes his life in the otaku life (the bad type of otaku life; shut in a container playing games and gathering female figurines all day long while bashing away all real girls). Too ideal for a setting that is supposed to criticize otaku life. Where are the ugly women; The girls were as pretty as the plastic ones.
What I did like was the attention given to those fancy square patterned school uniforms and some occasional visual effects that were indeed interesting and scary. But beyond all that, the artwork feels poor for the time the series was made and lifeless to the most part.

SOUND SECTION: 6 [Shut up mute loli!]
A follow up of the same problems as the animation. Sound effects do little to promote the atmosphere. Voice acting is relaxed but not terrible. The main lead has a very irritating voice but that actually fits his antisocial personality. The girls have rather typical voices with the usual squeaky loli accompanying them while the main villain is plain nasty. Nothing great in all. As for the music themes, the opening and ending themes are mediocre pop pieces that you will hear a couple of times before forgetting entirely.

STORY SECTION: 6 [And it sounded so good on paper…]
You got to be a real loser if you are capable of being given such a great premise and then f*ing so bad. Based on a novel, the general story is very interesting actually, concerning delusions, memory losses, occult and secret apocalyptic experiments along with gruesome murder cases and mystical invisible swords. The first two episodes are great to watch, despite the poor visuals and atmosphere.
And after that, everything turns to BS. The lead wastes half the series having erotic illusions around six pretty girls that have nothing better to do than interact with this loser. Ok, they are not really in love with him and just want to exploit his special power. Still, by the time some actual development occurs in the second half, you are left to believe this series is a light school comedy with a few poor horror overtones. And then the revelations come and the second half of the series becomes a standard action mystery title… which still has poor atmosphere, boring action and revelations that happen fast through monologues. Man, they really screwed up…
In all, the pacing of the story is slow and ridiculous for the most part, going fast only when it has to explain the complicating story. WHY ON EARTH would they fast forward the important stuff and focus on nonsense? The story itself is great but the presentation was done by people not familiar with storytelling. Not to mention the really corny ending. So predictable and uninspired you could see it coming two episodes before. Bad, bad, bad…

CHARACTER SECTION: 7 [The lights make me look funny mister director.]
The protagonist in the series is a real loser and was portrayed exceptionally, with an irritating voice, otaku life, erotic fantasies, fits of rage towards women, and running away from his troubles all the time. All accompanied by an imaginary friend of his, which is basically his favorite female anime character. Then there are half a dozen other girls with issues. They all have invisible swords only he can see and they find in him the means to solve their troubles. Great excuse to be swarmed by pretty chicks!
There is an interesting secondary cast of students and megalomaniacs who also play their part in the grand scale of things. The cast of this series had the potential for greatness.
Yet it failed to be great because of all the above. From the poor atmosphere, to bad storytelling and lots of silly school comedy moments, the characters devolve to almost cardboards. It is actually very interesting when each gets to face his/her greatest fear, which is really inside his/her mind. I loved how everyone’s greatest enemy was his/her own self. The villain was practically craving on that. Very interesting concept. Still, as mentioned over and over, amateur handling lead to pass for idiots when they are actually not. And having that terrible ending didn’t help to leave you with good last impressions about them.

VALUE & ENJOYMENT SECTIONS: 4 [Remake now!]
It had the guts but missed the glory. If it gets a remake and some pros in the genre get involved, this will turn out to be a jewel. As it stands, it is uncut and unpolished.

SUGGESTION LIST
Welcome to the NHK
Serial Experiments Lain
Higurashi
Umineko
Shakugan no Shana

OVERALL SCORE: 5.8 / 10
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-11, 02:24   Link #992
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I just cannot stand that hate in this series, I want to see why this show is hated for which reason ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 18:00   Link #993
AndrewR5D4

I would've liked to see the sequel animated... Makes me wonder which route the anime adaptation would've taken.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 22:23   Link #994
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
I would've liked to see the sequel animated... Makes me wonder which route the anime adaptation would've taken.
You mean Chaos Child? I think that was animated, though also rushed with only 1-cour

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-20, 22:52   Link #995
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You mean Chaos Child? I think that was animated, though also rushed with only 1-cour
No, I meant Chaos;Head Love Chu Chu! The original game arguably set up a harem scenario without any romance happening, so for the sequel, Takumi gets to choose one of the girls to fall in love with. If they had animated that, which girl would have been chosen... From what I've read, the path is unique depending on the player's choices. Each girl has her own baggage to deal with, and if the player fails to get with one of them, the bad ending is being trapped in an endless delusion where Takumi is stuck with his imaginary waifu, Seira Orgel. I heard that if you pick the little sister route, Nanami introduces Takumi to Shogun's parents in the end.

Last edited by AndrewR5D4; 2022-06-20 at 23:37.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5pb., mad house, nitroplus, visual novel