AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 23:14   Link #1821
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
By the way, the change in the OP brings up an interesting question...
What are they going to do for the EP4 version? The cover arc isn't really a portrait, and it definitely shows a lot to be stuffed into the first few seconds of screentime.
You mean like make a portrait for Ange or Maria or both? That would be interesting.
Old 2009-08-05, 23:15   Link #1822
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Actually, I like it better the way they seem to be doing it. Changing the portrait at the beginning of each arc is probably the best way to emphasize the current arc. Unlike the VN, you don't have ~6 months of wait in between the arcs, so that sometimes makes them feel mushed together...one of the problems I had with the Higurashi anime.

And I don't think the EP3 portrait is much of a spoiler. Young Eva calls herself a witch from the first time we see her, and the portrait alone doesn't necessarily 'prove' that she's somehow going to become a 'Beatrice' (and even if it did, no one would know what that means). It's one of those spoilers in retrospect...which is actually a good thing, I think.

By the way, the change in the OP brings up an interesting question...
What are they going to do for the EP4 version? The cover arc isn't really a portrait, and it definitely shows a lot to be stuffed into the first few seconds of screentime.
Maybe they'll revert to the original portrait then? Or Ryukishi will commission a special Ange portrait for the anime maybe?~ /high expectations lol whut
Old 2009-08-05, 23:17   Link #1823
B.kun

Sorry for putting this link here, if it goes against the rules feel free to delete it.

Preview Episode II-II early queen move

http://i.yimg.jp/images/videocast/sw...30376152432927
Old 2009-08-05, 23:21   Link #1824
Marion
The Great Dine

Sweet. Can anyone get it on youtube?~
Old 2009-08-05, 23:36   Link #1825
MarthX

Looks like the pace speed nearly doubled. I'm not happy to see that.

It shows the wedding ring scene and that's before the first twilight. Argh, I can see them rushing the first twilight so the episode ends with it again.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:05   Link #1826
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

But they can't do that again... it was starting to become reasonably paced. ;_;

Seriously, if they end it with the first twilight being discovered then they pretty much just showed the whole episode in the preview. That's ridiculously fast, I was hoping that Rosa would find the victims in episode 8 (2-3) or so. ^^;

Old 2009-08-06, 00:07   Link #1827
chronotrig

Well, remember that they only have 3 or 4 episodes after this next one to cover not only all the twilights, but all the meta world scenes too.
If they need to skip a little now to properly cover the good parts, there's nothing that can be done about it.

We've been through this before: it looks like they plan to cover the whole series in 2 seasons. That means they need to finish EP4 this season. That means we have about 6 episodes to cover all of EP2, absolutely no way around it. Considering that, this next part has the stuff that is least bad if it is skipped.

That said, I think they'll stop at the end of October 4, not the first twilight. I hope they do, since that's probably the best spot, all things considered.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-06, 00:13   Link #1828
Marion
The Great Dine

Right now it looks like only 5 episodes for 2nd arc, unless they're hiding a secret 6th one from us. I still hope they don't jump right to the first twilight, because that would just be silly.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:17   Link #1829
BakaOnna

I think it's very possible that Ep2 will get 6 episodes. Even if episode 10's title is called Accept, it doesn't mean that's the end of the arc. I bet Accept will cover up to the banquet scene or up to when Battler accept's Beatrice in Kinzo's room. Then that'll leave episode 11 for the tea parties.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:27   Link #1830
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I think it's very possible that Ep2 will get 6 episodes. Even if episode 10's title is called Accept, it doesn't mean that's the end of the arc. I bet Accept will cover up to the banquet scene or up to when Battler accept's Beatrice in Kinzo's room. Then that'll leave episode 11 for the tea parties.
Possible. After that happens it's just Beato going down to open the golden land doors, Rosa-Musou and then tea parties - both should only take about 8 minutes each too, if not less.
Old 2009-08-06, 00:31   Link #1831
MarthX

I think 6 episodes for this arc is most likely.
Old 2009-08-06, 01:24   Link #1832
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Is it just me, or does the animation look a little better for the next episode?

Spoiler for end of preview:

I was always worried that that scene would be scrapped
Old 2009-08-06, 01:29   Link #1833
Marion
The Great Dine

It looks like the airport will appear in the next episode. Though it'll probably just be George in the bathroom (with random lol rudolf) and Rudolf's dream on the plane.

I think the train scene might be getting scrapped though
Old 2009-08-06, 01:32   Link #1834
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

^What was Rudolf's dream again o_O?
Old 2009-08-06, 01:38   Link #1835
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
^What was Rudolf's dream again o_O?
It involved Kyrie and a strawberry

It was about his fiancial troubles and how he reassured his fellow workers that they would get through the lawsuit his company was facing for copyrights in America.
Old 2009-08-06, 01:43   Link #1836
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Thought he'd be dreaming about lolis with red jackets...and about dying.
Old 2009-08-06, 01:43   Link #1837
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Ok, someone needs to translate the preview XDDDD Something about ass and boob missiles :,D

Thanks for reminding me, Marion^^

EDIT: Actually, I think it's ass machine guns and boob missiles :'D
Old 2009-08-06, 02:05   Link #1838
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I predicted earlier that they'll do the eyecatch with Battler's declaration of war. Though I never thought they'd go as far as the wedding ring scene.

Though, it's possible that it ends right there, before October 4 ends. That would be the best place. I just hope they do proper cuts and shortenings on this episode. Based on the drama cd, they can really shorten the chessboard preparations chapter.
Old 2009-08-06, 02:08   Link #1839
HigurashinoUmineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Ok, someone needs to translate the preview XDDDD Something about ass and boob missiles :,D

Thanks for reminding me, Marion^^

EDIT: Actually, I think it's ass machine guns and boob missiles :'D
So he's basically dreaming about Strike Witches?
Old 2009-08-06, 04:10   Link #1840
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just had a thought...

What if for the start of Ep3 DEEN decides to put Eva-Beatrice as the OP portrait? Imagine the collective WTFs that would ensue.
Closed Thread