AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-14, 04:54   Link #13561
tuckersister

Wow, for Ouma to be that weak. I feel bad for Ikki. Ouma must be impressed of Ikki by now. We haven't heard from him since the ending of the Festival.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 07:53   Link #13562
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Wow, for Ouma to be that weak. I feel bad for Ikki. Ouma must be impressed of Ikki by now. We haven't heard from him since the ending of the Festival.
why feel bad for ikki though his stronger now. well it's not like ouma is weak it's Stella and ikki who are to abnormal for him at this point. at their age they've achieved desperado and their still getting stronger at fast rate , ouma should be worried about tohka and moroboshi right now cause they'll catch up to him soon.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 09:52   Link #13563
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Tyrant Ruler. Ascarid's name isn't Isis, it's Iris. As for why Ikki would feel bad: Tuckersister probably means he'd feel bad about his brother whom he used to kind of look up to being below him now.

@Kasumi: Yeah, the ranking should now that the number 3 is dead. But AP24 is talking about what rank Ikki and Stella would be in if there were in the A-League. They're A-League level, but because they haven't joined yet, we can't talk about what rank they are (they don't have a rank yet).
Old 2018-08-14, 10:50   Link #13564
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Tyrant Ruler. Ascarid's name isn't Isis, it's Iris. As for why Ikki would feel bad: Tuckersister probably means he'd feel bad about his brother whom he used to kind of look up to being below him now.

@Kasumi: Yeah, the ranking should now that the number 3 is dead. But AP24 is talking about what rank Ikki and Stella would be in if there were in the A-League. They're A-League level, but because they haven't joined yet, we can't talk about what rank they are (they don't have a rank yet).
Carlo was ranked 2nd actually. But in a tournament everyone's official rank doesn't really reflect their actual rank in strength. For example, Nene was ranked 3rd even though she was clearly stronger than Carlo before he died.

Ikki and Stella are not just A-League level, they are on the level of those who are near the top. If we include everyone in the League of Mage-Knight Nations, they most likely would be in the Top 5 after Vol 15. Kurono and the current Nangou probably would rank somewhere between 6th and 10th in the League at best. Ouma probably would rank somewhere in the double digits. Knights of Touka and Moroboshi's level would rank at low hundreds at best.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:49   Link #13565
Tyrant Ruler

@DragonOsman yea sorry about that my auto correct change her name. oh so that's why his talking about yea ikki would feel bad for ouma for that.
Old 2018-08-15, 14:40   Link #13566
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Why did auto-correct change that? I mean, it should know there's a word iris in English, right? What's the colored part of your eyes called (it's iris, if I'm not mistaken)?

@AP24: If Carlo was ranked 2nd, doesn't mean there should be a new #2 now, with the previously lower-ranked knights moving up by one rank? You're right about their ranks in the tournament not really reflecting their actual strength, though, yes. Though maybe it does make people in the series think that Nene is really weaker than the late Carlo was (at least those who don't know about Desperados).
Old 2018-08-15, 19:01   Link #13567
Tyrant Ruler

well the name isis is also in English after it's the name of the Egyptian goddess so its not surprising it change it to that plus I've been using that name for a while in other discussion. well anyway after this arc nene will probably be rank #2, she should've been rank 2 before she just didn't feel like it because kurono retired so it was pointless for her to aim for rank 2.
Old 2018-08-16, 00:49   Link #13568
AP24

@DragonOsman: Yeah, Nene should be the new #2 and Iris should be #3 now. Their new ranks are consistent with how strong they really are.

It turns out Vol 10 first chapter didn't really say that the League will lose to the Union in WW3. The League is losing to the Union in the competition of obtaining Rebellion's assets and resources. After the Tyrant dies and the Union gets more of Rebellion's resources than the League, WW3 will happen. Don't know who will win but Japan turning into sea of flames will occur.
Old 2018-08-16, 09:29   Link #13569
DragonEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
@DragonOsman: Yeah, Nene should be the new #2 and Iris should be #3 now. Their new ranks are consistent with how strong they really are.

It turns out Vol 10 first chapter didn't really say that the League will lose to the Union in WW3. The League is losing to the Union in the competition of obtaining Rebellion's assets and resources. After the Tyrant dies and the Union gets more of Rebellion's resources than the League, WW3 will happen. Don't know who will win but Japan turning into sea of flames will occur.
Ooooh, so Rebellion is holding resources that both the League and the Union want? Interesting, that actually changes things. We always thought that the League was weaker, but it's just that the Union is getting more resources. Now that this is the situation, I can actually see a higher chance that the Tyrant is Ryouma, because if that's the case, Ikki will be a key factor in this. If Ryouma is Tyrant, than should him and Ikki meet, he could explain more to Ikki and Ikki may even have to take his place to prevent a war to break out. Since Ikki doesn't really seem to care a lot about being a member of the League for example (because we know that his desire is to be a mage-knight and that's is), I can see him trying to prevent the war by picking neither League or Union's side and joining a third party, in this case, Rebellion.
DragonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 10:45   Link #13570
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonEye View Post
Ooooh, so Rebellion is holding resources that both the League and the Union want? Interesting, that actually changes things. We always thought that the League was weaker, but it's just that the Union is getting more resources. Now that this is the situation, I can actually see a higher chance that the Tyrant is Ryouma, because if that's the case, Ikki will be a key factor in this. If Ryouma is Tyrant, than should him and Ikki meet, he could explain more to Ikki and Ikki may even have to take his place to prevent a war to break out. Since Ikki doesn't really seem to care a lot about being a member of the League for example (because we know that his desire is to be a mage-knight and that's is), I can see him trying to prevent the war by picking neither League or Union's side and joining a third party, in this case, Rebellion.
Honestly it was hard for me to believe the Union is more powerful than the League. It's true the Union consists of mostly powerful countries while the League consists of mostly small and weaker countries. But the League has far more member countries than the Union does. Some of the countries that belong to the League are Japan, UK, Italy and France which are quite strong countries.

As explained in the updated summary, some people from the League and the Union have been making secret deals with Rebellion who have members with powerful influence in the world. This probably started when they realized the Tyrant was going to die. The Union probably thinks that it will win against the League in a war if it manages to obtain Rebellion's resources more than the League does.

I doubt Ikki will join Rebellion because it's a criminal organization. If Ikki wants to be a mage-knight then he has to be on the League's side since the League issues mage-knight licenses. If WW3 occurs due to the Union invading League member countries, then Ikki most likely will be on the League's side. The League is about maintaining international peace while the Union is most likely about monopolizing power. I think Ikki will be a key player in stopping the war by defeating some of the most powerful Blazers in the Union.
Old 2018-08-16, 13:02   Link #13571
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, I agree with AP24 about whether Ikki would join Rebellion or not. It's likelier for him to stay with the League, probably even if the Tyrant turns out to be Ryouma. But yeah, if the Tyrant really is Ryouma, I really want to see him and Ikki meet. It'd be their second meeting since the time Ryouma told him to not give up on trying to become a knight.
Old 2018-08-16, 17:10   Link #13572
BobJosh

Any news when the translation will continue? It's kinda behind for such a popular series
BobJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 12:52   Link #13573
AP24

I've updated Vol 10 Ch 2 summary and checking on Ch 3.

So Kiriko has stopped testing new medical techniques on other people after what happened with Moroboshi, and is now using her own body instead.

After reading the chapter again I realize Shizuku is indeed the only person who can perform healing techniques among everyone close to Ikki. I wonder if from now on we won't see Shizuku fight as much as she did in previous volumes. I'm hoping to see that her training with Kiriko didn't just improve her healing skills but also her battle skills.
Old 2018-08-20, 00:51   Link #13574
Anforu

Is it me or does anyone else think that Ryoma encouraging Ikki was actually a foreshadowing of being a Desperado? Him telling the young lad not to give up as he can be anything he wants to be actually reminds me of Ikki awakening as a Desperado.
Anforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-30, 10:21   Link #13575
AP24

Unbelievable, Vol 15 is not on October's schedule. Don't tell me it's going to be like when we had to wait almost a year for Vol 11's release.
Old 2018-08-30, 11:47   Link #13576
tuckersister

Maybe. As long it is worth the wait, it's okay for me.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-31, 03:33   Link #13577
AP24

False alarm, it turns out Vol 15 is coming in October!!

It's listed on GA Bunko's site for October release but for some reason it's the only one that's not listed on Amazon JP yet.

We should have cover and synopsis in couple of weeks or next week if we're lucky.
Old 2018-09-04, 10:57   Link #13578
AP24

Found the synopsis for Vol 15!

Spoiler for Vol 15 synopsis with translation:

The synopsis confirms that it will be the final volume of the Vermillion arc as expected. It doesn't say anything else about the volume that we don't know.

The volume cover should be out soon, who do you think will be on the cover with Stella? I'm guessing it will be Iris. I'm also looking forward to the alternate cover cause it might feature Stella in a wedding dress.
Old 2018-09-04, 11:11   Link #13579
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If it's the final Volume, then what about the death of the Tyrant and the breakout of World War III? I thought that that was also going to happen.
Old 2018-09-04, 11:22   Link #13580
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
If it's the final Volume, then what about the death of the Tyrant and the breakout of World War III? I thought that that was also going to happen.
I said final volume of arc. The synopsis does give the feeling of final volume of series though.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural