AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2016-05-07, 18:11   Link #8121
wredsa

Damn, the last part of Akito the exiled is finished ( and also eng subbed ) and no one here to discuss about it. Though the last episode was a bit underwhelming.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 19:19   Link #8122
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Totally Forced Couple. Lame as ever. Tis BULLSHIT. ^

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 22:18   Link #8123
Kusaja

Can't agree with that. I'd say there's already enough scenes in the previous episodes, especially 3 and 4, that support such a development. I guess some people wanted a tragedy ending where the protagonist dies instead, but you can't really top what the TV show did in that respect. So I am glad they didn't try to do the same thing all over again.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 23:29   Link #8124
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

So the ending for W0 unit is ambiguous?
Old 2016-05-08, 00:18   Link #8125
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokumonsen View Post
So the ending for W0 unit is ambiguous?
No, not exactly. The ending itself is mostly straightforward. Not too much room for further speculation about character fates.

That is, aside from some very supernatural elements that led up to it. I didn't have a lot of trouble with those, but then again I was never bothered by the whole Ragnarok Connection deal from the original show either. Mecha anime, including but not limited to recent high-profile Gundam shows like Unicorn, has a tradition of resorting to magical/mystical/psychic factors. At least in my case, you tend to get used to that.
Old 2016-05-09, 14:19   Link #8126
Tetsu Aero

Hm... i just watched the last episode, it wasn't what i had expected from the series.
My initial thought was that we would see Suzaku rampage more across EU. and the conquering of it as well. Neither happened. It feels like a lost opportunity storywise.

Though from the looks of it, they seem to be planning a sequel of some sorts with that ending.

I still don't get why Akito didn't die as a child when Shin commanded him.
i dunno, it was kinda lackluster finale in the story department, but actionwise it was very good.

The episode gets a 2/5 from me.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 20:17   Link #8127
wredsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Hm... i just watched the last episode, it wasn't what i had expected from the series.
My initial thought was that we would see Suzaku rampage more across EU. and the conquering of it as well. Neither happened. It feels like a lost opportunity storywise.

Though from the looks of it, they seem to be planning a sequel of some sorts with that ending.

i dunno, it was kinda lackluster finale in the story department, but actionwise it was very good.

The episode gets a 2/5 from me.
The Sequel is R2 if you have not seen it yet.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-09, 23:18   Link #8128
Kusaja

Quote:
My initial thought was that we would see Suzaku rampage more across EU. and the conquering of it as well. Neither happened. It feels like a lost opportunity storywise
I can understand that as an initial expectation, way back in 2012 or so, but not at this point. Each of the episodes of Akito have indicated, even increasingly so, that this wouldn't primarily deal with that topic. Besides, we've already seen enough of Suzaku rampaging across the battlefield during the original TV series. This new story was never meant to focus on the old cast of characters. I feared they would take over, but I am glad they didn't do that.

In fact, the EU could not be conquered here because it still needs to continue fighting Britannia during the early episodes of R2.

Quote:
Like what wredsa said, the only "sequel" would be R2 itself. Lelouch will be taken back to the Emperor and then ends up at Ashford Academy once again, except with Rolo posing as his fake brother. In other words, business as usual.

Quote:
Because Akito was too young and innocent to understand the concept of death.
Old 2016-05-10, 04:19   Link #8129
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I can understand that as an initial expectation, way back in 2012 or so, but not at this point. Each of the episodes of Akito have indicated, even increasingly so, that this wouldn't primarily deal with that topic. Besides, we've already seen enough of Suzaku rampaging across the battlefield during the original TV series. This new story was never meant to focus on the old cast of characters. I feared they would take over, but I am glad they didn't do that.

In fact, the EU could not be conquered here because it still needs to continue fighting Britannia during the early episodes of R2.

Like what wredsa said, the only "sequel" would be R2 itself. Lelouch will be taken back to the Emperor and then ends up at Ashford Academy once again, except with Rolo posing as his fake brother. In other words, business as usual.
What i meant about a sequel/interquel was the introduction of the Rolo lookalike.

Quote:
Because Akito was too young and innocent to understand the concept of death.
Ahhh, that makes sense, i don't remember they ever saying that.
Old 2016-05-11, 01:29   Link #8130
Kusaja

Quote:
What i meant about a sequel/interquel was the introduction of the Rolo lookalike.
It's supposed to be Rolo himself though. His name is present in the credits. EDIT: It's also the same voice actor, for the record.

Basically just a way to confirm that the story of R2 will continue as expected. Some people might be confused because of his wearing different clothing and his voice sounding slightly off, but that just means Rolo hasn't assumed his new "fake brother" role yet and is still working for the Geass Cult/Order.

Quote:
Ahhh, that makes sense, i don't remember they ever saying that.
Yes, it's a case of showing rather than telling. Shin's own words towards Akito reflect that.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2016-05-21 at 01:00.
Old 2016-05-11, 15:51   Link #8131
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Something I did.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-12, 19:29   Link #8132
Tetsu Aero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
It's supposed to be Rolo himself though. His name is present in the credits.

Basically just a way to confirm that the story of R2 will continue as expected. Some people might be confused because of his wearing different clothing and his voice sounding slightly off, but that just means Rolo hasn't assumed his new "fake brother" role yet and is still working for the Geass Cult/Order.

Yes, it's a case of showing rather than telling. Shin's own words towards Akito reflect that.
ooooooh, Rolo's voice was soo different, ha ha. I first thought it was Rolo, but then i heard his voice and thought that it coudn't be him.
Old 2016-05-15, 12:33   Link #8133
darthfury78

Quote:
ooooooh, Rolo's voice was soo different, ha ha. I first thought it was Rolo, but then i heard his voice and thought that it coudn't be him.
I believe that it was Rolo, but with a different voice actor. LOL

I also notice that the voice actors for Lelouch and Suzaku were quite different from their portrayal from 2007/2008...

darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-17, 21:27   Link #8134
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Finally watched the finale.

So Leila's Geass is incomplete, according to that girl (is she similar to CC, or a higher being?), but I'm still confused about its power. Though that time travel shenanigan was unexpected.

Well, that was an amusing side of Shin. RIP, at least Jeanne is with you on the other side. Speaking of Jeanne, RIP, too. I won't forget those minutes of Cross Ange-style fanservice you did.

Okay, can someone explain what the fuck is that warping tech that Ashley used?

W0 is de facto disbanded, and the pilots decide to live a nomad life. That was bittersweet ending for me, since they don't even show what happened to Anna and the others.

But the best part is... THEY KISSED! THEY FUCKIN' KISSED! HELL YEAH! MAH SHIP IS STANDING STRONG!!!

All in all a good show. Now I crave for more Code Geass. Please, Sunrise. Do your fans a favor and create a sequel already.
Old 2016-07-03, 19:17   Link #8135
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Funi announced at AX that they're releasing S1 and S2 in October on Blu-ray with the re-done 5.1 audio. Can't wait for the Akito OVA announcement!

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/...to-home-video/
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-05, 17:14   Link #8136
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Funi announced at AX that they're releasing S1 and S2 in October on Blu-ray with the re-done 5.1 audio. Can't wait for the Akito OVA announcement!

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/...to-home-video/
Cool. It has been way too long since the TV show was available. Now the question is will we see a new Code Geass series that will feature the Oz manga?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-27, 14:14   Link #8137
Nivek von Beldo

Hi, have been years since come here but i was wondering if you would not mind make me a great favour and give me summary of the light novesl, specially Marianne one and Kallen one? i need for a fanfic i'm writing and those would be invaluable information, sorry if too much to ask after too much time, would be pretty helpful...thanks.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 14:16   Link #8138
selfdestruct91

I have a question. It's not a big deal. However I'm just curious as to which is more accurate. Right after Charles is defeated, episode 21/R2, C.C is asked "are you going too". She then says "You want me to at least smile when you die." Is this accurate at all? I only ask because in the English Dub it states "I should at least smile when I die". . something along those lines.

The Japanase sub I'm talking about is KissAnime which I think uses OZC subs. So anyone who may know some Japanese I would appreciate the confirmation.
selfdestruct91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 03:30   Link #8139
Harizanov

Question Ep. 26 of R1

Hello guys, I've found something really interesting, if it's truth and I just want to hear your opinion. It's about this https://rainfall.dreamwidth.org/107694.html that's the script for the unreleased ep. 26 of R1, written before the change of the timeslot. What do you think, after I looked at this, my frustration at R2 trainwreck just became bigger, why Sunrise why, this was much better than this awful start of the R2.
N.B. I just want to apologised if there's mistakes in my English, because it's not my first language .
Harizanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-14, 05:46   Link #8140
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Any Granblue Fantasy players here? GBF just started their Code Geass crossover event. I gotta say the story is pretty entertaining, it takes place following China’s invasion of Japan in S1 and leaves the main series canon squarely behind.
Lelouch is locked behind story content until the ending parts are released on the 19th and Suzuku is locked behind treasure farming (not much though), but Kallen is unlocked in the story. You also get to use all three in the story a few times, and while that’s never the most accurate base for usefulness in the main GBF gameplay, they all seem like solid player characters.