AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 34 39.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 22.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 13:27   Link #81
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Normally we wait until the Episode actually airs.
When I made that comment, ep5 had already been aired on b-c.
Old 2009-08-19, 13:28   Link #82
Cheese Ninja

I watched the first Higurashi series over a year ago. I just now marathoned Kai and Rei over 2 days. I still have some questions.

I feel bad that Rika had to destroy the perfect world to get back to the one she and the others fought so hard to achieve, but it was the right choice. It taught her a lot of lessons she wouldn't have learned otherwise. Mainly, to deal with her parent's deaths, to value her life and this world more, and live the rest of her life as a normal human.

But now the story of the True End is over in anime form, and there were things that bothered me both about this OVA and what happens after. Why did Hanyuu switch back to a non-corporeal body in this arc? Was she lying when she said the truck had run over Rika, or did they manage to change that bit of recent past to a glancing blow?

How many years will it take before Satoshi recovers? I guess this answer is different depending on whether I use the VN or the anime's True End. I thought I saw somewhere that Miyoko escapes the clinic, what happens after? Does Keiichi end up with one of the girls, or get a harem end?

Edit: more questions: How did Akasaka get to be so badass? How long could Rika originally go back in time when she died? Was it over five years? After all, she did know about all the deaths when she talked with Akasaka. Where can I find out more about the Soul Brothers?
Old 2009-08-19, 14:44   Link #83
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Spoiler time:

Spoiler for Explanation 1:

Spoiler for Explanation 2:

Spoiler for Explanation 3:

Spoiler for Explanation 4:

Spoiler for Explanation 5:
Old 2009-08-19, 14:46   Link #84
Cavuy
Graphic Designer

EDIT: Dante beat me to it, and his answers are better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja View Post
But now the story of the True End is over in anime form, and there were things that bothered me both about this OVA and what happens after. Why did Hanyuu switch back to a non-corporeal body in this arc? Was she lying when she said the truck had run over Rika, or did they manage to change that bit of recent past to a glancing blow?
Spoiler for possible spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja View Post
Edit: more questions: How did Akasaka get to be so badass? How long could Rika originally go back in time when she died? Was it over five years? After all, she did know about all the deaths when she talked with Akasaka. Where can I find out more about the Soul Brothers?
Spoiler for Akasaka:

Not sure about how far Rika could go back, but I'm guessing back to the year the dam construction was frozen, so when Akasaka first came to Hinamizawa in other words.

I'm pretty sure the Soul Brothers was just a joke for that episode and isn't mentioned anywhere else, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Cavuy; 2009-08-19 at 14:48. Reason: Better answer was posted before me.
Old 2009-08-19, 21:31   Link #85
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was under the impression that Rika use to relive her entire life at the start, then it got shorter and shorter as Hanyuu's power wained.

And Soul Brothers....considering how everyone reacts to the Detective, that Tomake is usually out of town...yeah...outside of the joke arcs...not happening.
Old 2009-08-19, 21:32   Link #86
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I thought "Perfect World" was supposed to be Minagoroshi-hen; "Sinless World" is Saikoroshi-hen.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:32   Link #87
Cavuy
Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I thought "Perfect World" was supposed to be Minagoroshi-hen; "Sinless World" is Saikoroshi-hen.
Takano ends up killing everyone in Minagorishi-hen, Matsuryubashi-hen is what you are thinking of.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:33   Link #88
Orophin

About the Soul Brothers, they were in the sound novel.
Spoiler for image:

They appear during the story of the unlockable mini-games and also in Batsukoishi-hen which is part of Rei. That arc was replaced by Hajisarashi-hen (pool arc) for the anime though.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:42   Link #89
Cheese Ninja

Thank you all for answering my questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
Spoiler time:

Spoiler for Explanation 1:
You and Cavuy are agreed on this. Maybe I should be rethinking that this was ever an actual world, and not merely a dream Hanyuu created.

Quote:
Spoiler for Explanation 2:
But wasn't she having a lot of fun playing with Keiichi and co instead of just watching? Could she have really run out of juice like someone else mentioned?

Quote:
As to Rei 5, that's going to be another parallel world, isn't it? So that wouldn't really tell me what happens post-Matsuribayashi-hen. I suppose some of my questions might not have answers. Is there still post-Matsuribayashi-hen story coming out?

Quote:
Spoiler for Explanation 4:
Cavuy and you answered this one well, thank you.

Quote:
Spoiler for Explanation 5:
That Rika's greater consciousness had a chance to manifest briefly prior to her resurrections, but not significantly influence most of the worlds makes a lot more sense to me than my original thought that she was able to go back that far in time when she first started dying.

It seems the Soul Brothers only other appearance is as a slapsticky story similar to Rei 1, that was packaged with the Meakashi-hen VN. Both wikipedia and Orophin explained this to me.

Last edited by Cheese Ninja; 2009-08-19 at 22:55.
Old 2009-08-20, 03:52   Link #90
sora1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
About the Soul Brothers, they were in the sound novel.
Spoiler for image:

They appear during the story of the unlockable mini-games and also in Batsukoishi-hen which is part of Rei. That arc was replaced by Hajisarashi-hen (pool arc) for the anime though.
Interestingly, Soul Brothers are heavily mentioned in Drama CD. If you have a copy of c73 special drama CD, you will understand that Soul brothers are mostly for comical relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno
In regards to Keiichi and company, Rei 5 should help clear the air, a least a little.
As to Rei 5, that's going to be another parallel world, isn't it? So that wouldn't really tell me what happens post-Matsuribayashi-hen. I suppose some of my questions might not have answers. Is there still post-Matsuribayashi-hen story coming out?
Episode 5 is going to be a fun episode, 'Daybreak Chapter'. Based on Higurashi Daybreak PC game.
Old 2009-08-20, 09:40   Link #91
maximilianjenus
[E]

I think those posts should be moved to the Q&A, I guess they will be.

Spoiler for REi 04:
Old 2010-07-24, 09:49   Link #92
OkamiNoKaze

Interesting wrap up to the series proper. Anyone else think that tool used to sacrifice Hanyuu looked like "The Club" the anti-theft device for cars, that goes on the steering wheel. Mostly talking this episode, but even still, it was good. as was Rena's little game with the candy.
Old 2010-07-24, 18:28   Link #93
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Interesting wrap up to the series proper. Anyone else think that tool used to sacrifice Hanyuu looked like "The Club" the anti-theft device for cars, that goes on the steering wheel. Mostly talking this episode, but even still, it was good. as was Rena's little game with the candy.
Yeah, few things in this world are better than that side-shot of Rika smiling.