Confused Shark

Let's switch to the enemy side instead~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 15:54   Link #62
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
^Not necessarily. Let's create a hypothetical and for said hypothetical, we're assuming the opponent:

1. Knows about her ability beforehand.
2. Given that they had prep time, has prepared specific countermeasures and strategies because they are familiar with the nature of her ability.

Now that that's out of the way, We've established that they have a plan prepped beforehand and has prepared various methods of attack as a countermeasure. Considering that the opponent can tell when she uses her ability (she becomes visibly tired), even if they can't tell which loop they're currently on (could be 2nd or could be 10th for all they know), whenever they can confirm that they've entered or assume to have entered a new loop, even if they can't tell with absolute certainty, at the very least, they should use a different method of attack each time. That's the entire purpose of preparing a counter-strategy beforehand.

For example, an opponent with zero intel on the ability may repeat "pattern 1" over and over again because they have no idea what her ability is, but someone who's intimately familiar with the ability and has a counter-strategy prepped, can have 10 different attack patterns prepped in advance and every time they accurately deduce or assume that they're in a new loop, then they simply keep using different attack patterns.

You're correct in saying that the opponent will have no memories of having used "pattern 2", but that's what planning and strategy is for. If they're thinking 3-4 steps ahead, then they should always assume or have taken into consideration that they may already be in the 3rd, 4th or Xth loop, even if they may only on the 2nd (in this specific scenario, it's better to always be thinking ahead, even if you're overthinking the situation. Since the ability you're up against is time manipulation, getting ahead of yourself is ideal in this case. It literally becomes a situation where you have to out-think yourself. Best example of this is Lelouch's rematch with Mao in chess in Code Geass).

i.e. It isn't as black and white as you're making it out to be. What makes you think that Himari will linearly and predictably cycle through all of her possible attack patterns one after the other? Nothing's stopping her from using "pattern 10" or "pattern 9" after realizing that "pattern 1" was undone. It may seem random to jump straight to "pattern 9" after just using "pattern 1", but that in itself is a viable strategy. If she feels like they've entered another loop, instead of using "pattern 9" this time, she assumes she's used it already and uses "pattern 4" instead. Rinse and repeat.

The obvious downside to this is that if you out-think yourself to the point that you're in doubt about whether you've exhausted all of your options or not, but that's exactly why I said that this particular strategy is reserved for intellectual/analytical-type characters as they'd be able to adjust and fine-tune as they go along. From what we've seen of Himari, we're given no reason to think that she'd be able to pull off a strategy as complex as this one.
It feels amazing when your predictions turn out to be mostly correct or at the very least, were on the right track.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-02, 19:56   Link #63
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Cool move bro
Old 2019-07-02, 21:27   Link #64
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I pride myself on my track record when it comes to predictions. I'd say the accuracy of my predictions usually hovers anywhere between 40~50%
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-07-07, 20:44   Link #65
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Well boys, the tsundere is now on route to being conquered. About damn time!!
Old 2019-07-08, 10:47   Link #66
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Kisu~
Old 2019-07-11, 10:00   Link #67
wuhugm
Confused Shark

I'm bokki
Old 2019-07-11, 10:12   Link #68
darkofficer
just a devil

so predictions of what mad sheep can do..

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-11, 15:02   Link #69
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^No clue, but if I had to make an intelligent guess, I'd say: Physical ability multiplier (something similar to Yuuri's ability from Battle in 5 secs after meeting). Considering that sleeping is one of her character traits, I'm thinking that that's her ability's drawback. The higher the multiplier, the longer she'll need to sleep after she deactivates her ability.

Then again, I'm making a blind predication here since we're given no information to work outside the ability name and the fact that it something to do with numbers. My guess could be completely wrong, so there's that.

ps. Tsundere route cleared! Who's next?
Old 2019-07-11, 21:11   Link #70
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Kagebunshin no Jutsu tho
Old 2019-07-11, 22:23   Link #71
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Oh, I didn't think of it like that. That's a good one.
Old 2019-07-21, 22:54   Link #72
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^You were right again brah~
I hand you the title of the prophet... reluctantly

Technically Shushu won because sheep went unconscious first tho
Old 2019-07-21, 22:59   Link #73
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Thanks. *Gives bow*

This one was hit and miss. Part was correct and the other was on the right track, but not quite how I predicted it would be.
Old 2019-08-04, 10:54   Link #74
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Old 2019-08-04, 20:58   Link #75
NeutralZero

Dunno but have a feeling the sister will die there...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 13:15   Link #76
darkofficer
just a devil

Spoiler for ....:

HYPE for the next chapter

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-17, 19:02   Link #77
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here and a thread for this series has been made. Nice. Anyway...

Ahem:

Great chapter. I’m interested to see the 6th division Captain’s powers and ability are. Guessing by the panel at the end he fights with her fists, but she’s the captain for a reason and I’m pretty interested in Tenka’s character.

Next chapter can’t come sooner. I can’t wait to see what Tenka does/can do.
Old 2019-08-18, 01:35   Link #78
wuhugm
Confused Shark

[

Ichika so cool~

Can't wait for the double reward
Old 2019-08-31, 04:32   Link #79
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Best girl and reward
Old 2019-08-31, 05:19   Link #80
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

So that other commander power is creating worm hole huh .
And 3-some is coming
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternative esdeath, enemies of humanity, harem, harem?, romance, supernatural, transformation, voluntary enslavement