AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-07-31, 18:17   Link #841
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
I recall it being said it would follow the manga much more closely

I also recall pointing this out before <.<;

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 19:21   Link #842
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaname08 View Post
I think this is just going to be a different way of re-telling the story of the anime series, slightly summarized, but with some additional stuff that might be inserted that you wouldn't even expect to see in the anime series.
This is consistent with the official information in that it is a rehash of the first season, changing some things, removing most of the girly fluff (notice Raising Heart isn't pink anymore, and Nanoha's red bow has been replaced with a Gundam-chestpiece-alike medal) and very likely deleting or severely summarizing the events of the first 3 episodes before Fate shows up.

There was never much "magical girl" in Nanoha to begin with, but the movie is doing its best to take out what's left. =/ Especially since the first season is where the magical girl elements are at their strongest.
Old 2009-08-01, 02:53   Link #843
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
I recall it being said it would follow the manga much more closely
Did you meant novel?
Old 2009-08-02, 12:30   Link #844
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
o.o yes i did, oops

thanks for that

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 02:00   Link #845
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

The official site was updated.
C76 products info,the game site link and the movie info are added.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 02:10   Link #846
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
The official site was updated.
C76 products info,the game site link and the movie info are added.
New look on Raising Heart there...

I LIKE it.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:42   Link #847
justavisitor

so 2010 Jan 23 is the release day (mark my calendar)

On second thought, it's not like I can fly to Japan to see it anyway...sigh...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 12:54   Link #848
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
This is consistent with the official information in that it is a rehash of the first season, changing some things, removing most of the girly fluff (notice Raising Heart isn't pink anymore, and Nanoha's red bow has been replaced with a Gundam-chestpiece-alike medal) and very likely deleting or severely summarizing the events of the first 3 episodes before Fate shows up.

There was never much "magical girl" in Nanoha to begin with, but the movie is doing its best to take out what's left. =/ Especially since the first season is where the magical girl elements are at their strongest.
Agreed. They're definitely trying to appeal this to mecha and/or shonen fans... and not classic "magical girl" fans. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out. I do know that Nanoha is actually pretty popular amongst traditional mecha fans - a lot of Gundam fans I know like Nanoha as well (I actually find it harder to find a Sakura/Sailor Moon fan that like Nanoha than I do finding a Gundam/Code Geass fan that likes Nanoha).

At the very least, I think that this movie is going to be wonderfully action-packed. It may lose some of the sentimental charm of the anime, though.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:15   Link #849
FJ-Kowz

I've never been able to enter the official site.
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:27   Link #850
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ-Kowz View Post
I've never been able to enter the official site.
Wouldn't let me in the first time I clicked the link, but I just refreshed and it started working normally.
Old 2009-08-06, 09:50   Link #851
justavisitor

Hi all

I went to this official website for the nanoha's movie:
http://www.nanoha.com/

I noticed the date, which states "Jan 23, 2010"..but I couldn't the read next line under it because I don't know Japanese XD..so does that date "Jan 23, 2010" mean the release day for the movie??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-06, 10:07   Link #852
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Hi all

I went to this official website for the nanoha's movie:
http://www.nanoha.com/

I noticed the date, which states "Jan 23, 2010"..but I couldn't the read next line under it because I don't know Japanese XD..so does that date "Jan 23, 2010" mean the release day for the movie??
Unfortunately it isn't. It's the date when promotional roadshows are slated to start. What it guarantees though, is that by then the movie is definitely ready for showing in theatres by then, with the hype machine all oiled up.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 10:20   Link #853
justavisitor

lol, icic, thanks for info
Old 2009-08-09, 17:02   Link #854
Murgatroyd
Amateur Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Unfortunately it isn't. It's the date when promotional roadshows are slated to start. What it guarantees though, is that by then the movie is definitely ready for showing in theatres by then, with the hype machine all oiled up.
Actually, in modern Japanese usage when talking about movies, "roadshow" is synonymous with "release", so yes, January 23 is the release date.
Murgatroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 00:06   Link #855
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgatroyd View Post
Actually, in modern Japanese usage when talking about movies, "roadshow" is synonymous with "release", so yes, January 23 is the release date.
Ack, them borrowed words. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 2009-08-10, 03:13   Link #856
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

January 23rd.... is also when Nana is having her next concert, me thinks.
January 16th for Tamura Yukari, hohohoh.
INBOU DA

Really, can't wait to wait another few months for the DVD/Blu-rays for the movie to come out. :V

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 07:55   Link #857
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

From C76,a video of A's game and a new trailer for the movie

EDIT:In Comic market,recording trailers is prohibited.so this link may be deleted.

Last edited by JINNSK; 2009-08-14 at 11:25.
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 08:35   Link #858
Ottocycle

Oh shit Chrono is playable. Win.

Is a Devil Gundam-ish defense program gonna be the final boss, I wonder.

Movie budget really makes a huge difference too. Huge. My expectations are seriously upped now.
Old 2009-08-14, 08:36   Link #859
justavisitor

so 23 rd is the release day?? i thought Fate/Stay Night also has the same released date

So "Fate" will really stay for the whole Night in 23rd XD (i know, bad joke)
Old 2009-08-14, 09:10   Link #860
M.Marangio

There are some character sketches and screenshots at mycom.

The movie had also a short article in Newtype #9.
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie