AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-07, 20:25   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was fun. I liked that this trio wasn't exactly a thing until right before they were taken. But the show also gave them some time to chat. Enough time for Usato to get along with Suzune and Kazuki. Enough time to get comfortable and for a friendship to get formed. The little chat gave a nice focus on who Kazuto and Suzune are. Good look at their friendship. Even some issues like Kazuto being such a guy that has plenty of female fans but the guys in class keep their distance.

Nothing wrong either with the concept of someone getting wrapped up in the summoning of the intended heroes. He was just in the right place at the right time (or wrong I guess depending on how you look at it).

Plus Suzune fangirling as they were being summoned was great. She was totally into it .
Old 2024-01-07, 23:45   Link #42
Alchemist007
*Author

The girl with thunder magic is fun, and the healer guild lady seems cool.
Old 2024-01-09, 21:54   Link #43
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I enjoyed this more then I thought I would. I liked the threes interactions with each other, so I'm a bit sad that we'll probably be losing some of that in the coming episodes.

It was also nice that we got three different reactions to being summoned.
Old 2024-01-10, 05:32   Link #44
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 13:05   Link #45
magnuskn

This is probably the most fun show of the season. Dang, Suzune is really going for it. No mistaking that she's interested in Usato.

Oh, and the ED is a bit of a banger.
Old 2024-01-12, 14:12   Link #46
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This might be just too silly for me. I'll give it one more chance.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 15:05   Link #47
grecefar

Now I understand why the king and everyone wanted to hide him. It wasn't because the typical "he is useless" or "dangerous", it was to save him from this lol.

It was a fun chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 19:15   Link #48
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Now I understand why the king and everyone wanted to hide him. It wasn't because the typical "he is useless" or "dangerous", it was to save him from this lol.
I've seen Rose compared to Tsunade in her prime; and this is not without reasons... and now I'm imagining the two of them swapping outfits. Or Rose doing so with her namesake from a certain fighting game series...

Note: aside from being able to get to casualties, and evacuate them, quickly (any combat medic worth their salt will wax long on the importance of the 'golden hour'), I can see another reason for the intense physical training. Consider what most of us learned very quickly in games like Diablo when it comes to groups of enemies: the healers/revivers are first on the priority list. It is entirely possible that the OPFOR in this setting had that brainwave too.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-12, 19:46   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of entertaining having Suzune just...going for it. Obviously less romantic than...physical, but that's something!

And if nothing else can at least say that this training can pay off. A bit terrifying to just continually train because...there's no exhaustion when the healing gets flowing, but that'll work I suppose. If nothing else he'll be a physical force. Brainwashing was pretty effective too.

Seems like things are going ok. The attacking focused pair are getting steady training so they should be ok. Vibes look potentially good with Kazuki and the Princess. I'm sure Suzune would be all hyped for a classic hero and princess ship to sail .
Old 2024-01-13, 04:50   Link #50
scififan

The leader of the kingdom's medic team looks like Cima Garahau. Cima Garahau's subordinates also like thugs.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 05:37   Link #51
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This might be just too silly for me. I'll give it one more chance.
That's actually what I like about it. It feels more like classic isekai series to me.

It's certainly hiding the very real and very high stakes when Usato actually arrives at the battlefield and starts doing field combat medic work, but Rose very calmly described what their true purpose is with some degree of reverence. The King, the princess, and their knights are treating the heroes like real people, understanding the demand they've put on them and the sacrifices they're asking the trio to make in their benefit. They're trying to defend Usato from what Rose is forcing him into, but only the audience knows from the first moments of the first episode that Usato is naturally a pretty caring guy for how "unremarkable" he views himself.

The light-hearted moments and joking around feel like a 90s fantasy series, which I have missed. A lot of isekai have this fabricated intense gravity around them taking themselves extremely serious while being utterly ridiculous in premise. We're often told the setting is serious while they're driving around in dune buggies in a fantasy world...

This one is light-hearted and silly, while building an undertone that Usato is about to see some gruesome stuff where his success really matters: saving injured soldiers.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 15:10   Link #52
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The leader of the kingdom's medic team looks like Cima Garahau. Cima Garahau's subordinates also like thugs.
Thank you sir; I feel rather silly for not noticing the resemblance earlier. Cue up another outfit-swap idea. How fortunate the Gundam Wiki entry has some good imagery to start with. Should more be desired? A selection exists here.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 07:50   Link #53
larethian

Surprisingly an isekai series with an interesting start. I really like the starting school scene which gave slightly more than a cursory introduction to the isekai'ed characters. Even if not for the isekai, I could have continued on to the next episode and get engaged with a potentially good SoL show. Even in the isekai, the characters there are pretty "thick" (濃い). The humour makes it very palatable.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 20:13   Link #54
zztop

The official anime website says the anime's 13 episodes will all be released in 1 Bluray set.
https://chiyumahou-anime.com/product/

Given anime release standards are usually for 2-3 eps per Bluray, is the mass release on 1 Bluray a bad thing? Does it mean the committee has no faith in consumers wanting to make more purchases of the show?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-14, 21:21   Link #55
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The official anime website says the anime's 13 episodes will all be released in 1 Bluray set.
https://chiyumahou-anime.com/product/

Given anime release standards are usually for 2-3 eps per Bluray, is the mass release on 1 Bluray a bad thing? Does it mean the committee has no faith in consumers wanting to make more purchases of the show?
Back when Blu-ray sales were where studios made most of their money, a show coming out in one set from the get go was definitely a bad sign. However, with the rise of streaming I'm not really sure now.
Old 2024-01-14, 21:27   Link #56
grecefar

Lately people are not patient enough to wait for anything. I blame tik tok.
Old 2024-01-14, 22:09   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

So far this is one of my favorite shows this season.

The were already hints that Suzune was interested in Usato and now that he is developing muscles she is falling even harder, glad to see that she's not shy at all about her fetishes.
Old 2024-01-15, 05:23   Link #58
Alchemist007
*Author

Even more interested in the teacher now, hoping some of her story comes up this season.
Old 2024-01-19, 12:22   Link #59
scififan

"I'm not going to let you sleep tonight." Is it another phrase for the night is young?
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-19, 18:34   Link #60
grecefar

the last part was hilarious, it was all rose's fault indeed. It was a fun chapter.

Tags
drill sergeant, magic