Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-01-02, 11:15   Link #141
zaxthezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
What else do you expect them to do?
Nothing, thats it. It makes them totally useless to watch. Mixing it up with canon like in the new filler is a good way to go, making it feel like not too useless.
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 11:44   Link #142
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
What else do you expect them to do? They can't modify an ongoing story, the risk to screw things up is too high.
I expect them to add details that are given in these "Bingo Books"! I want background-stories and details about the past of different characters and of course the periods of war they experienced. I want to see some training of techniques we will be shown later. They have endless possibilities by knowing the future already!
Old 2009-01-02, 13:06   Link #143
Josh Uzumaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I expect them to add details that are given in these "Bingo Books"! I want background-stories and details about the past of different characters and of course the periods of war they experienced. I want to see some training of techniques we will be shown later. They have endless possibilities by knowing the future already!
exactly
if the just back track or explain things that dont need to be mentioned that would be great for context knowlage =]
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 13:51   Link #144
Slayerx

Man, i usually don't bother watching the anime episodes because the pacing of even the canon episodes is hurendous; but i felt like catching the lastest one for the hell of it... and really i can't believe that they screwed up what would have been the funniest part of this episode... first they have Moegi turn into a wanna-be Sakura and then they completely cut out "double knockout guys"... first terrible fillers, then terrible pacing, and now screwing up the best jokes... it's like the anime team just keeps finding new ways to fail.

Quote:
What else do you expect them to do? They can't modify an ongoing story, the risk to screw things up is too high.
Not necessarily... look at what Bleach ended up doing...
They had the bount filler arc in the anime, and now the anime continues to use the mod souls as reaccurring characters... they found ways to fit them in; in the manga Yorurichi is stuffing her face with food, in the anime the mod souls are the ones giving her food; renji having a tough time in a fight in the manga? have the mod souls give some assistance... furtharmore, if i recall, while Ichigo was having a inner battle, people he fought before appeared before him; in the anime they included the main villain of the bount arc amognst those people... not to mention that these filler characters can return and play a serious role in later filler arcs

Naruto could do the something similar... essentially they make the non-canon mix well with the canon in a way that it does not interfere... if done right, the anime viewer will not realize that what they are watching was filler in that it meshes well with the cannon storyline... but ofcourse, doing this would ask for a minimal level of talent of which the anime team has shown they are completely devoid of; no wonder these guys are working on Naruto, if they weren't replicating kishi's work they'd be working for some piss poor anime instead

Last edited by Slayerx; 2009-01-02 at 15:58.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 15:21   Link #145
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Yes, I agree to you, Slayerx.
It could be merged a lot better than it's done. I am missing the... love.
Old 2009-01-02, 17:36   Link #146
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Not necessarily... look at what Bleach ended up doing...
They had the bount filler arc in the anime, and now the anime continues to use the mod souls as reaccurring characters...
but they don't play any role at all in the canon scenes.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 18:23   Link #147
Slayerx

Quote:
but they don't play any role at all in the canon scenes.
Well no, but they COULD...
you were responding to someone who said they hated fillers because they were forgotten afterward... you were basically saying that's how it is because they can't do otherwise because it would screw up the canon...

The point is that they COULD do otherwise; they COULD make fillers that are not just forgotten and do it without actually screwing up the canon just as bleach has done...
Bleach made a completely non-canon arc that continued to be relevant in the anime long after and meshed in such a way that it never truly interfered with the canon manga storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash
very risky but not impossible...

This could work out VERY nicely IF they have Kishi assistance on a minor level...
the problem with flashbacks of this sort would be that we don't know what Kishi has in store for the future; he himself could address some of the things that the anime might want to go into detail... this would shit all over the canon and could cause serious risk

however, all the anime team would need from kishi is confirmation of what he will NOT be going into details about... once they know that kishi will not be touching those issues then they can write whatever bullshit they want... grant it, the ideal situation would be having kishi actually provide them with the basic plot lines himself, but i think i recall hearing that kishi stays uninvolved with the anime adaption; so asking him just to give a yes or no on what he will and will not do might be the most they could ask for

Personally, one thing i have said in the past that, instead of 90 episode long filler season that we got before the timeskip, i think i would have rather seen a play out of the chunin exams and see each of the former genins rise up as chunins; the anime might have been able to make it seem like they were getting some level of character development that kishi himself had often denied them... probably spend atleast a third of the entire filler season on chunin exams but keeping it fresh with new characters and changing up details of the exams... frankly, it would have been a nice break from Naruto himself... would have been better then many small fillers about ninja chiefs, curry of life and Naruto spamming shadow clones and rasenagans

Actually, thinking about it, i should actually show some interest in the upcoming filler arc... i think it's supposed to revolved around the three tailed beast... the manga never went into detail with the 3-tails, so a filler based upon 3 tails could work out... it's a kind of psuedo-canon storyline; non-canon, but based off canon material enough that it seems canon... though i should maintain my skepticism since technically every-time Naruto went looking for orochimaru it was an attempt at something more close to psuedo-canon, but failed anyway

What we just need to hope for is that first, the anime team will not have gotten so used to making snailed-paced episodes that they will be able to do some good pacing for the filler episodes, and second, that the anime team manages to prove me wrong when i continuously call them a bunch of untalented hacks based on how terrible the pre-timeskip filler season was; though i shouldn't rule out the possibility that they might have hired someone with halfway decent talent since then..... i do have to admit, because of the terrible fillers and horrible pacing i never did give the more recent filler arcs a chance
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 20:21   Link #148
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

... so no Naruto this week? ... ... nice... lol.... happy new year guys!
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 01:13   Link #149
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Though I know I'm in the minority, I'm actually looking forward to the filler. Seeing stuff I haven't already read adds some interest for me.

Though I do find it amusing seeing all the manga hard-liners freak out over the filler. You know, just because stuff isn't in the manga doesn't make it bad. It is one of many elements of anime that allow it to be more flexible and entertaining.

Yes, we all hated the majority of the filler after the Chuunin Exams, but I don't think the recent filler has been nearly as bad. SlayerX's Bleach example was quite apt. If the directors can do something similar, it could work. Though, if it is just stuff that's forgotten, well.... I'm fine with that too, actually, since it's all the same entertainment to me.
Old 2009-01-03, 08:11   Link #150
l33t_n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Though I do find it amusing seeing all the manga hard-liners freak out over the filler. You know, just because stuff isn't in the manga doesn't make it bad.
In Naruto's case it does.
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 10:00   Link #151
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_n00b View Post
In Naruto's case it does.
hehe yeah... at least there werent any good experiences until now with Naruto's filler arcs >.<

Maybe one of the reasons i disliked the fillers so much was because at that time i wasnt reading the manga and was expecting them to be as good as the main story.... but now that im far beyond the anime storyline and lost much of the interest i once had for the anime, i might not hate the new fillers as much as the previous ones.
Old 2009-01-03, 12:22   Link #152
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

For a filler episode, it's done really well by trying to cover up some of the original manga with it's own original material.

Nice to see what Sasuke is doing for training though, never saw that in the manga.

Also, thank goodness for Hinata,Kiba, and Shino to get some action at last!

Last edited by Lost-Wisdom; 2009-01-03 at 12:33.
Lost-Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 20:26   Link #153
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Spoiler for text:
Well, that's the exact reason I'm also looking forward to it and that's what I think: I think that Yukimaru might be a Jinchuuriki after all, maybe a reborn one or something like a clone, similar to Yamato. [no] maybe what Kabuto and Orochimaru were talking about was extracting Bijuu from Jinchuuriki without killing them, making it harder to find the beasts and they could be even stronger. That's just an idea so far, but why not? Yukimaru's fable for flowers reminds me of Kimimaro, who liked flowers aswell and I think both were/are the silent type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Though I know I'm in the minority, I'm actually looking forward to the filler. Seeing stuff I haven't already read adds some interest for me.

Though I do find it amusing seeing all the manga hard-liners freak out over the filler. You know, just because stuff isn't in the manga doesn't make it bad. It is one of many elements of anime that allow it to be more flexible and entertaining.

Yes, we all hated the majority of the filler after the Chuunin Exams, but I don't think the recent filler has been nearly as bad. SlayerX's Bleach example was quite apt. If the directors can do something similar, it could work. Though, if it is just stuff that's forgotten, well.... I'm fine with that too, actually, since it's all the same entertainment to me.
The good point about fillers is the extra story and I just found another one: video material. It's not bad to see fillers as long as they create tension.

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-01-05 at 10:17.
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 06:39   Link #154
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
The good point about fillers is the extra story and I just found another one: video material. It's not bad to see fillers as long as they create tension.
So tell me, how's the curry going to taste this time?
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 20:47   Link #155
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuigetsuKun View Post
So tell me, how's the curry going to taste this time?
I hope the curry is spicy.. lol
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 01:59   Link #156
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Oh... let us sweat our sweat together while eating this curry of life!
Old 2009-01-06, 17:14   Link #157
Kishimyu
Inactive Member

Quote:
Oh... let us sweat our sweat together while eating this curry of life!
NANI!?!?!?!?
where's the curry?!
i want curry!!!!
Dx
Kishimyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 01:57   Link #158
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimyu View Post
NANI!?!?!?!?
where's the curry?!
i want curry!!!!
Dx
The table has been set, now let us begin!
(famous quote from Vegeta)
Old 2009-01-07, 17:53   Link #159
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

Quote:
The table has been set, now let us begin!
(famous quote from Vegeta)
oh yea!!!! THE CURRY OF LIFE!!!!!
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-07, 19:01   Link #160
Josh Uzumaki

Talking

honestly if i never see that curry again, it will be too soon lmao

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-01-07 at 20:04.
Josh Uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote