AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-04-23, 11:09   Link #1821
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I always got the impression that wasn't normal TSAB operating procedure, but just a member of the TSAB having a bad day and saying some hurtful words. I'm decently certain that the TSAB doesn't condemn people like that, and officially they didn't in that case, but Tea always took what that guy said personally, of course.
Other wacky theory that i have is that Tilda was indeed a skilled and responsible mage but got his nose where he shouldn't discovering something the he wasn't suppossed to know, then the subsequend pressure over him and finaly the discredit campaign after his death to further invalid any discoveries he possibly manage to do.

EDIT: Page claimed for wacky theories ...and Laevateinn.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 11:13   Link #1822
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Sincerely doubtful. Mostly because it'd be a decent amount of focus on a small aspect. If that was what happened, it'd likely have been something that would have come up in StrikerS, him happening on Scaglietti and all that stuff, which would have given Tea more motivation in her battles other than just growing stronger.

I'm not denying the possibility of it happening, but it seems like something that would have come up in StrikerS if they intended to do something about it. I do realize you said wacky theory, just pointing some things out.
Mirron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:14   Link #1823
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
He was happening on a plot the series has not touched on, yay fanfic fodder (already writing it)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 14:36   Link #1824
Mirron

Nothing wrong with that, I just don't think it's too likely that it's actually something that happened in the main series.
Old 2011-04-23, 14:52   Link #1825
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
yeah it'd be an entire arc if they did, the way i see he could have been looking into either the start of the orussia war or the origination of the eclipse virus (not a hint to what i'm doing, really)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 15:02   Link #1826
Mirron

Nah, I think they could have tied him into the Combat Cyborg thing, which would have given it a bit more of a personal edge to Tea. Tea and Caro seemed somewhat divorced from what was going on, compared to Erio and Subaru, but Caro did have Lutecia. Tea... kind of didn't have as much personal ties there, so I think it would have been a good way to do it. Plus they already established people dying due to it anyways.

But this is really neither here nor there. It definitely could have been something, but this late into it, I'd be surprised if they did anything with it. Same goes for Precia vanishing, yet not necessarily dead. It had the potential for a nice plot twist, but never was used.
Old 2011-04-23, 17:44   Link #1827
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
there should've been standard issue for each style or heck, at the very very least, one for melee and one for ranged.
There are. We've seen two or three different standard staff designs [Compare the Asura's enforcers, 108th and Airforce] and a standard spear design [Belkan trainees in Starting Stars. Strada looks like a lightly upgraded version.].

The boost gloves also seem a pretty standardised design and its possible those bladed tonfas are standard for the Belkan Church.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 18:39   Link #1828
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

In the StrikerS manga, Subaru and Teana's fellow knight trainees at the academy are utilizing hand-to-hand as well, and it mentions that they have seperate training for Belka- and Mid-types has become more commonplace.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 04:37   Link #1829
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
*The weapons can also be configured into a long range rifle or an electronic-type "optic weapon" that adjusts to Aru's personality.
Hmm, sniper rifle...

Quote:
*shrugs* It was never an interesting enough topic for me to open the wiki, and it's rarely discussed here anyway It's not like we can expect any ship-to-ship battle or long-range tactical precision bombardment support - Nanohaverse warships are either glorified transports or deus ex machina for the finale; it's only visible use in supporting combat mages were teleporting them to battle (which was curiously absent in StrikerS) and C4ISTAR
I think it's a damnable shame. The hell's wrong with a proper spacebattle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Now I'm thinking of the Geth. "Organics fear us. We wish to understand, not incite.”

Suddenly, redshirts are issued new Devices that merges with their nervous system, and subsequently removes their organic tissue until only a dead husk of artificial intelligence remains. The politicians go "WE TOLD YOU SO" and bans AIs forever. Now they only exist on the black market and the Devices we so love are doomed to a state of a dumb-smart state.
You just reminded me of Crysis 2.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Until we get a series about Mahou Grunto, the protagonists we are seeing are geniuses, simply because it is easier to make them interesting.
Hmm, 08th MS Team...

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 09:33   Link #1830
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
~~ Hmm, 08th MS Team...
Even the abbreviation works. Mahou Shoujo instead of Mobile Suit.

Heh.
Old 2011-04-24, 12:09   Link #1831
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
would only work if we didn't have several cases of mages building their own devices or having them custom made for them free of charge.

Since we do have several examples, the similarity stops being an excuse.
Spoiler for space saving:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
I think it's a damnable shame. The hell's wrong with a proper spacebattle?
Forget a proper spacebattle, even a limited precision bombardment would have been useful in the story. Remember Precia's cross-dimensional lightning attack on Fate? Man, wouldn't it be nice had the Asura also poses that kind of ability? Seeing it frying Shamal after she had ripped Nanoha's Linker Core would've been awesome.

But nope. Sorry, but it's not even until the next-gen warships that they start having anti-ship guns. And even then there's still no sign of point defense system. What was their previous naval arsenal? A compliment of redshirts that never achieved anything, the Arc-En-Ciel whose minimum attack settings would annihilate major cities, and one hot-shot Enforcer (and whatever ragtag bunch of misfits he/she can assemble)

It's as if their only options are either pistols or nukes.

Quote:
Hmm, 08th MS Team...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Even the abbreviation works. Mahou Shoujo instead of Mobile Suit.

Heh.
Well, that one goes way back to TOS, no? Mahou Shoujo Gundam?
Old 2011-04-24, 12:18   Link #1832
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

It's already April 24, no news or previews about FORCE 15 yet?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-24, 12:22   Link #1833
Mirron

Eh, I'm sure the Asura and other warships have actual... well, lower-grade weapons than the wipe out cities option, I just don't think they ever really had a chance to use it. They couldn't even track down where Shamal was, or any of the Wolkenritter, so I don't see how it was supposed to attack Shamal.

And it might not be that Devices are really cheap and easy to make, but they aren't overly expensive and complicated. But it's not like money ever really comes up, so the best we could do is guess how easy or not easy they are to make. And I'd guess... relatively easy? Not so easy that anyone could do it, but easy enough they could probably figure out how to make weak devices with little time.

Hard to say, but I have a feeling, if nothing else, that ongoing maintenance of the devices would be more difficult than just the initial making of them, at least with most of the devices.
Old 2011-04-24, 13:02   Link #1834
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I agree, like i said before, Teana's Anchor Gun and Subaru's Roller Blades look like pretty basic devices, at least much less advanced or complicated in comparission to what Hayate or Lutecia can do with their knowledge and resources. Apparently anyone with enough knowledge can make a device without much problem but materials, money and expertise are still determinating factors for the quality and performance of the final product.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-04-24, 13:10   Link #1835
Mirron

The Anchor Gun is pretty impressive, but it's hard to tell what was Teana's expertise, and what was the devices. Or at least I found it impressive. Agree on the rollerblade part though, those weren't that special.
Old 2011-04-24, 13:46   Link #1836
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for space saving:
Every single competitor in the Vivid tournament needs a device. You're telling me every single participant in that tournament (all kids, mind you) has the 'proper connections' or enough money to afford something which you imply to be very, very expensive?

And I'm not the one speculating here. You claim that they 'might have' the proper connection in order to build those devices. We are never told that, therefore that is speculation. What we are told is that they made those devices themselves. The speculation that they have connections is on your part.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-04-24 at 14:20.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 13:56   Link #1837
Skane
Anime Snark

It's a sport event. Taking e-gaming as an example, the participants will have sponsors to supply them with equipment in exchange for advertising. Again, people are forgetting that this is not some random street brawl where any kid can just whip out a fancy device and go "Yugioh-ish" on his opponent.

The Vivid tournament is an officially government sanctioned tournament. With that level of prestige, "common folk" will be minimal, at most in the qualifying rounds.

Cheers.
Old 2011-04-24, 14:05   Link #1838
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The tournament is specifically noted to be 'open to anyone' in the level the kids are fighting. So yes, anyone can go and and "go Yugioh" on his opponent (heck, that's exactly what our main characters are doing).

There are so many competitors they have several preliminaries.

1st step: A health and fitness test (honesty forces me to admit this likely won't wash out a lot though, since only those with a good condition tend to have interest in tournaments).
2nd test: match test, results are used to split people in groups.
3rd test: preliminary matches in each major area of Mid to decide city champions.
4th test: city champions fight to decide the champion of Mid.
5th test: Top 3 fight to become representatives of Mid in the inter-dimensional championship.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 14:08   Link #1839
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The tournament is specifically noted to be 'open to anyone' in the level the kids are fighting. So yes, anyone can go and and "go Yugioh" on his opponent (heck, that's exactly what our main characters are doing).

There are so many competitors they have several preliminaries.

1st step: A health and fitness test (honesty forces me to admit this likely won't wash out a lot though, since only those with a good condition tend to have interest in tournaments).
2nd test: match test, results are used to split people in groups.
3rd test: preliminary matches in each major area of Mid to decide city champions.
4th test: city champions fight to decide the champion of Mid.
5th test: Top 3 fight to become representatives of Mid in the inter-dimensional championship.
Which is nothing new in RL tournaments. Just because they don't film the initial stages, doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all.

Cheers.
Old 2011-04-24, 14:09   Link #1840
Mirron

Certainly everyone isn't going to get in, but yeah, I'd say it's decently likely that someone can get a Device without a major level of difficulty. It may not be really cheap, but it also isn't going to be an arm and a leg.

Tags
manga, nanoha force