Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-06-18, 04:39   Link #41
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

8 minute sneak peek in s4

Personally I am not that big fan of 'fairies' plot.
Old 2011-06-18, 12:07   Link #42
james0246

The fairies definetly seem more tongue-in-cheek, but the upcoming season promises something darker, so I'm hoping for the best. That being said, I'm more interested in Jason and Lafayette's stories (a more grown up Jason just sounds odd).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-17, 14:10   Link #43
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

New trailer for season 5 XD

Old 2012-05-24, 21:12   Link #44
james0246

New season starts June 10th so here are some thoughts on Season 04:

What I liked -

-Season finale was great. There's no if and or but about it.

-Fiona Shaw's Marnie was a wonderful antagonist. The character was wonderfully complex, and I often found myself rooting for her victim-turned-aggresor. Marnie is easily the most interesting villain in the series (and her end was great), and her entire storyline is probably the best of any villain in the series (the politics of the victims of vampires is probably the most interesting discussion in the entire series).

-I loved Bill's storyline. From his advancement to King, his constant politicking, and his relationship with Sookie and Jessica, everything Bill did in season 4 was fun and exciting.

-Along with Bill, I loved Jessica's and Jason's storylines. The natural evolution of Jessica's relationship with Hoyt was well done and believable, and her eventual relationship with Jason was fun. That beng sad, I disliked Jason's initial storyline (though his wandering around in the Forrest thinking he was becoming a were cat was hysterical), but everything beyond the hillfolk episodes was a lot of fun (especially the scenes were he is confronted with a new athlete who is beating Jason's old football records).

-Lafayette and Jesus also were a lot of fun this season. I really liked Lafayette's powers and found the resulting story concerning the powers to be quite interesting (and a wonderful setup for the great finale).

What I disliked-

-I didn't like Sookie or Eric's story line. The whole Fairy soryline seems to have been wasted just for a timeskip opportunity. And Eric's memory wipe took up too much of the season. I also found their constant sex to be extremely humorous, and I am unsure if I was supposed to find it funny or not.

-Tara...Tara's just become annoying over the years. I appreciated her choice in girlfriend, and, as I said previous, I loved her season finale moment. Otherwise, her entire involvement in the season was fairly tedious and boring. Pamela, Andy and Arlene's stories also fell into this category.

-While I like Alcide, I found all the werewolf politics to be excessively boring and uninteresting. And the character of Marcus, the packmaster of Alcide's new home, was so unattractive that I found it so unbelievable that any woman (even a wolf woman) could have chosen the sleazebag over Alcide's beautiful body .

Neutral-

-I'm fairly neutral with everything else from Season 04 (specifically Sam and Tommy's storyline, though I did love Tommy's scene with his parents).
Old 2012-09-03, 10:38   Link #45
james0246

After coming down from a very powerful 4th season (with probably the best villain in the series thus far, and definitely one of the best season finales if not the best), True Blood stumbles through the motions as constant pacing issues, strange or just plain boring character arcs, and a truly uninteresting main season storyline trouble the series. While the good does still outweigh the bad, Season 5 is really the weakest of the series to date (though, some interesting set-ups are supplied for Season 6 (which will only be 10 episodes due to Anna Paquin’s pregnancy)), which will be the first without series creator and showrunner Alan Ball). So, here’s my run down on the season’s best and worst moments/ideas/arcs/etc…

Spoiler for Season spoilers...: