AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-03-20, 19:58   Link #56341
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm seeing the discussion going on at the kancolle history thread makes me think that it might really be possible to do the "Japan vs the world" story I thought up. But ofcourse there's gotta be a shift in ideals like Zero had once warned me of. I can see that much now.

As muchas 467 IS cores are awesome, Japan wouldn't have the industrial capability to mobilize all of them at once. Especially not after a nuclear fallout that should've reduced their country to a line in illegalized history books. As much as there would be a war with the outside world, there would be a massive internal conflict within the country of Japan between conservatives who believe that Japan is well within its rights to invade other countries after the world turned against them; and the liberal thinking party who believe that they should still strive for peace and strike a dialogue instead of the war march they're doing.

And yet for all the internal bickering they do, a rebellion or coup de etat is impossible. Not because no one wants to but everyone is frighteningly aware that the country's population has been cut to less than half. They don't have the numbers to risk killing off as it's their few million against billions.

So the resulting story should be... political war sci-fi highschool harem?
Old 2015-03-21, 07:03   Link #56342
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Hmmm seeing the discussion going on at the kancolle history thread makes me think that it might really be possible to do the "Japan vs the world" story I thought up. But ofcourse there's gotta be a shift in ideals like Zero had once warned me of. I can see that much now.

As muchas 467 IS cores are awesome, Japan wouldn't have the industrial capability to mobilize all of them at once. Especially not after a nuclear fallout that should've reduced their country to a line in illegalized history books. As much as there would be a war with the outside world, there would be a massive internal conflict within the country of Japan between conservatives who believe that Japan is well within its rights to invade other countries after the world turned against them; and the liberal thinking party who believe that they should still strive for peace and strike a dialogue instead of the war march they're doing.

And yet for all the internal bickering they do, a rebellion or coup de etat is impossible. Not because no one wants to but everyone is frighteningly aware that the country's population has been cut to less than half. They don't have the numbers to risk killing off as it's their few million against billions.

So the resulting story should be... political war sci-fi highschool harem?
Someone has already thought about that.

But seriously, do you think that Ichika is that blind to the outside world? Excluding leve and all those hassle, do you really think that he has a noble and knightly heart. Or he is just so-so, dragging his existence?

Don't know about you, but I'm sure that Chifuyu's brother could never be the latter.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 07:30   Link #56343
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Really? Someone posted that kind of story already? Huh, who'da thunk.

But I'm guessing that Ichika would be ultra-violent bad-ass who thinks killing is justified now because of all the substantial losses and mind-fucking slaughter he saw of the few nukes from the collective world that somehow got through the white knight.

I'm thinking of putting Ichika more on the moderates side.

If Chifuyu tells him to stay put he will.
Old 2015-03-21, 18:31   Link #56344
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Someone has already thought about that.

But seriously, do you think that Ichika is that blind to the outside world? Excluding leve and all those hassle, do you really think that he has a noble and knightly heart. Or he is just so-so, dragging his existence?

Don't know about you, but I'm sure that Chifuyu's brother could never be the latter.
thus proves how clueless he is, especially when dealing with his fan club (harem)
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 19:14   Link #56345
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Or he is just so-so, dragging his existence?

- That would depend on the situation. Ichika of the LN/Anime canon can't be that type of character. But that's not to say an Ichika in another situation or existence wouldn't turn out differently.

(Damn my discussion with friends about the Marvel and DC multiverses giving me ideas)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin
But I'm guessing that Ichika would be ultra-violent bad-ass who thinks killing is justified now because of all the substantial losses and mind-fucking slaughter he saw of the few nukes from the collective world that somehow got through the white knight.
- Even more mind-shattering. Chifuyu gets killed in that event.

You just made me think: Deathstroke Ichika. Wearing an eyepatch and a much darker version of Byakushiki (let's not call it Kurokishi because that would be expected and cliche).

And if canon!Ichika meets him---expect some Fate/Stay Night in-jokes and lampshading.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 19:39   Link #56346
demino_hellsin
That one guy

And he gets superhuman strength, toughness, dexterity, etc. From the radiation?

I was thinking children who are still undergoing education join the industrial sector as defending militia. Invading forces are generally non-instructor combat personnel and select groups from industrial sector serving under the thought of "business trips" to claim land in advance for their company.
Old 2015-03-21, 19:45   Link #56347
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
And he gets superhuman strength, toughness, dexterity, etc. From the radiation?
- C'mon. Older, meaner, manlier version of Ichika with an eyepatch. It was either Deathstroke or Big Boss---wait.

Big Boss Ichika...I think somebody's already done that.

Quote:
I was thinking children who are still undergoing education join the industrial sector as defending militia. Invading forces are generally non-instructor combat personnel and select groups from industrial sector serving under the thought of "business trips" to claim land in advance for their company.
- And Big Boss Ichika being the head of this 'company' recruiting and trainign orphans for his fight...
Old 2015-03-21, 19:53   Link #56348
demino_hellsin
That one guy

oh wave. Your evil knows no bounds

Ichika would be part of a defebsive strike force. Readapting my idea of the arbalest and bolt system. Basically defensive strike forces are naval ship boarders. The team hides inside large projectile weapons fired at the ships by simplistics mass drivers. Once hit, the strike team emerges from the projectile to take over the ship and board other ships from there.

Imagining Ichika and his troop taking a "field trip" to the newly captured Chinese territory. That's where he meets Huang Ling Yin being forced into something she doesn't want by a radical japanese. Ichika's there to slog the guy one and tell him off about proper gentlemanly decorum
Old 2015-03-21, 19:54   Link #56349
The 48th Ronin

What if the current Ichika is a Roidmude and the real one is already dead?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 20:32   Link #56350
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
oh wave. Your evil knows no bounds
- And I'm still writing Firemoth at the moment. I...actually feel bad for one of my characters because I'm growing to like her but she'll meet with a bad accident soon...

Quote:
Ichika would be part of a defebsive strike force. Readapting my idea of the arbalest and bolt system. Basically defensive strike forces are naval ship boarders. The team hides inside large projectile weapons fired at the ships by simplistics mass drivers. Once hit, the strike team emerges from the projectile to take over the ship and board other ships from there.
- The mass drivers sound a lot like the launching systems for Mobile Infantry in the original Starship Troopers book (never featured in the movie). Or like the drop pods used by ODSTs/Covenant. But for it to be practical they'd have to be one-or-two man units. Any bigger and the weight and mass would require a bigger massdriver, one that might take more space on that ship than practical. Maybe instead of making them long-distance launchers have them work like a close-range broadside: EG at close range the attacking ship would fire these projectiles/boarding craft and at the same time latch onto the other ship. That way not only can they be certain of penetrating armor and not losing a few boarders (due to their missing the target ship), they can also control the ship from getting away--and sending in reinforcements from the attacking ship.

Or maybe you could use something similar to the Manapault (the weird person-launching catapault from MGS4) and just have them land on top of the enemy ship to be boarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
- So Ichika was replaced with a Life Model Decoy? (---turns gaze towards Ange Stark)
Old 2015-03-21, 20:32   Link #56351
Frosty
He who loves to sing
*Author

Quote:
Before that, mind telling me who is Roidmude? I do not remember any guy like that.

Does anyone know a song called Plus Boy? I want Ichika to sing that for lolz
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-21, 20:40   Link #56352
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well so far the strike force is just Ichika and Dan

Also the strike force is being fired from land. Their treated like semi-expendabpe soldiers these infantrymen are I think equipping the strike force for individual marine equipment would suffice somewhat. But more or less they just pray the mass drivers don't miss or pray they can take the insane g's pressing into them as they travel tens of miles in less than a minute.
Old 2015-03-21, 21:16   Link #56353
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybola View Post
Before that, mind telling me who is Roidmude? I do not remember any guy like that.
This. filler
Old 2015-03-22, 00:08   Link #56354
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Well so far the strike force is just Ichika and Dan
Dan: "Remind me again: WHY did we volunteer for this?"

Ichika: "I thought YOU volunteered us for it!"

Dan: "Like I'd do something that stu---*"

(they look at each other)

Dan & Ichika: "TABANE!"

Quote:
Also the strike force is being fired from land. Their treated like semi-expendabpe soldiers these infantrymen are I think equipping the strike force for individual marine equipment would suffice somewhat. But more or less they just pray the mass drivers don't miss or pray they can take the insane g's pressing into them as they travel tens of miles in less than a minute.
- I think Dan would also be praying that the man 'firing' the launch vehicle isn't drunk. Yes, it actually happens.

EDIT: Also, your talkign abotu a tall girl being bullied and being sensitive just reminded me of thsi character:

<---------------------->
Just a tiny bit more of my fic. This happens much later in the story but Jess is going to fit in as part of the trio of Ange and Shay. So it's kind of like the Tony/Rhodey/Pepper friendship (Bonus points for Jess being a redhead)

Sorry. I'm laughing like a maniac right now because I can't keep a straight face while writing that.
Quote:
"It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be." Jess nervously "Aren't IS
supposed to have larger limbs and additional armor plates?"

"What? And hide my deliciously sexy butt from an appreciative public?" Stark
slapped her good thigh. "When you got 'em, flaunt 'em."

Brogan stared back in disbelief. Shay's only response was to slap her forehead.
Old 2015-03-22, 00:14   Link #56355
The 48th Ronin

Just a random idea: what if Ichika had a knack for dropping pipe bombs when pissed off?
Old 2015-03-22, 00:16   Link #56356
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Just a random idea: what if Ichika had a knack for dropping pipe bombs when pissed off?
- wouldn't really fit, unless you explain how he learned to make pipe bombs in the first place. It might fit an alternate universe Ichika but not canon Ichika.
Old 2015-03-22, 00:16   Link #56357
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Dan: "Remind me again: WHY did we volunteer for this?"

Ichika: "I thought YOU volunteered us for it!"

Dan: "Like I'd do something that stu---*"

(they look at each other)

Dan & Ichika: "TABANE!"

- I think Dan would also be praying that the man 'firing' the launch vehicle isn't drunk. Yes, it actually happens.

EDIT: Also, your talkign abotu a tall girl being bullied and being sensitive just reminded me of thsi character:

<---------------------->
Just a tiny bit more of my fic. This happens much later in the story but Jess is going to fit in as part of the trio of Ange and Shay. So it's kind of like the Tony/Rhodey/Pepper friendship (Bonus points for Jess being a redhead)

Sorry. I'm laughing like a maniac right now because I can't keep a straight face while writing that.
Yeah... conscription, actually but it's Tabane's fault they're at war anyway :|

Also...

Ichika: Doesn't the thing with "if you've got it, flaunt it" only work with boobs?

Now if I could just imagine that tall girl as american
Old 2015-03-22, 00:18   Link #56358
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- wouldn't really fit, unless you explain how he learned to make pipe bombs in the first place. It might fit an alternate universe Ichika but not canon Ichika.
filler10char
Old 2015-03-22, 00:21   Link #56359
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Ichika: Doesn't the thing with "if you've got it, flaunt it" only work with boobs?
- Ange: "...I thought you were just acting, but god you really are that dense, aren't you? Why do you THINK they're called 'three sizes'?"

Quote:
Now if I could just imagine that tall girl as american
- Do you like the look, though?

Quote:
filler10char
- Put simply: How does Ichika know how to make a pipe bomb in the first place?
Old 2015-03-22, 00:31   Link #56360
The 48th Ronin

^ Maybe a troubled childhood, perhaps? Especially when Chifuyu is absent (due to Mondo Grosso and other things).

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest