AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-05-05, 13:55   Link #2041
Arturro

I didn't told Takami treats Yukari and Minato as just experiment. I'm not even sure, they are experiments, just speculating. They obviously are special, Minato is probably strongest ashikabi and have jinki visions, Higa is very interested in Yukari, probably not only because who her parents are.
I'm saying for Takami there are things more important than her childrens. Obviously work is more important, Minaka also, althought she is aware of his insanity. I've a feeling that she thinks about Ku-chan as her daughter more than Yukari.

If you are right, and Takami knows about Yukari and Shina, so she also knows that Higa hold her as a hostage. She is head researcher, all MBI is in fact working for her, and main part of their job is to look after Sekireis and their Ashikabis. So MBI must be aware what Higa is doing, and doesn't care. Takai have resources to localize Shina or her daughter inside city. If she is looking for Yukari she must know where she is. So either Takami is not interested enought in well being of her daughter to look after her, or she knows that she is kidnaped by Higa, but doesn't care enought to help her own child. If that true (she knows and does nothing) I'm more interested in well being of my dog, than Takami in her only daughter.
If she knows what is happening to Yukari and doesn't rescue her, she is not slighty insane but pure psychopath. I don't like Takami, cause she fits in role of mad scientis, sane enought to know that sekirei game is insane, but not caring enought to stop it. But I don't think she is as evil.
Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 14:17   Link #2042
zibi88

There is no damn proof if Takami knows about what is happening with Yukari.... and well Takami has to look after all sekirei's and not only of her own children ^^ besides there is no tracking Ashikabi device... but they can only see sekireis....so takami cant see where yukari is located......maybe like matsu they are useing space-teleskope to spy from above the area....

I doubt that Takami doesnt care about Yukari or Minato but she has to look after all the sekirei's and she has to have an eye on Minaka's moves.... since he is an idiot who plays as he wished (he was the one that sended homura winging message.... and sec after that Takami jumped from no where and hitted Minaka [she kinda doesnt care what will happen to minaka since she told to Minato that Kagari can kill minaka as many times he wants XD..... this is kinda cold XD ]

Well maybe it looks like Takami cares more about sekireis than her own children but well sekirei research was her whole life (and the thing she was working for more than 20years ! ) so sekireis are kinda like her own children too..... she for example created Musubi or Ku-chan.....its obvious she is worried about them.....and since Minato or Yukari are not in danger she is at ease (minato is with miya and she is teh strongest after all so no worrys there ^^)

about that game..... well I think she cant stop it... becouse Minaka is the one in lead but well its strange that she is doing nothing to stop it.... sabotage it or sometihng.... or give minato intel on what is going on and what he should do.... hope that minato will at the end stand agains his mom and maybe dad for doing this bad thing !! (or simply Takami wants minato to win and end this game forever by useing the jinki.... since if they stop the game minaka can start it in different location in next year..... but if minato lunches the jinki command of freeing all sekireis than this game wont happen ever again....)

Time will show ^^ but for now we should focus on "who that shadow person is" and what is his/hers objective...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 16:43   Link #2043
Johnny
Working the bags...

Is everyone 100% sure that Minaka is Yukari and Minato's father? Seems like the author would have a bigger plot twist regarding their parentage, or at least Minatos. Kazehana only states that Minato looks like him and of course never says who that is. Also Maya says that Minato resembles her husband in the outfit, but yet not enough proof on Takehito being the papa either. I just wouldn't throw all my eggs in the basket for Minaka being the sole papa....
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 01:31   Link #2044
zibi88

Well there is no proof about who minatos father is and we can only speculate like:

- Kazehana's reaction on Minato... she stated that she loved Minaka but was dumped.... she seems to have some kind of hatered towards Takami... like if she was the reason why kazehana got dumped by minaka (and maybe she was kinda angry that takami is hideing the truth from her own children...).... and well she mentions that minato looks like his father (facial futures and hand shape)

- Miya's words that minato looks like her husband in those cloths (that belong to takehito).... and like we saw in many panels Takami was working with Takehito so maybe a romance was born from it.... (but than miya would be betrayed by him... the person she loves so much...)

But well there is the thing that Minato has kinda large eyes whiel both Takami & Minaka have small ones...... usually a child has a parents genes so minato should have small eye shape too yet he has large ones...... if we re-look the manga we can see that takehito has big eye shape....... we can only speculate (but well when kazehana asked minato about his father and minato said that he doesnt know but he might be liveing somewhere kazehana becomed kinda sad.... like saying that his dad is dead and he doesnt even know about it......)

I was re-looking the manga and well there is a possibility that the shadow is Shina since in one chapter before higa showed up.... yukari and shina were talking about nothern area where her brother is living and she said that he will definitly help them to find ku-chan..... so I goes Shina is doing the same thing.... going to nothern sector to find yukari's brother...
Old 2009-05-10, 09:22   Link #2045
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Wouldn't it be great if Minato's father was totally unimportant and the series was just messing around with all the hints thrown?
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 09:44   Link #2046
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

On another subject entirely... I read a chapter of FMA recently (the latest?) and it made me think... What would happen if Homura fought like Mustang? (S)he'd be completely scary... I'm not sure I want to see that, and yet...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 10:51   Link #2047
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
Wouldn't it be great if Minato's father was totally unimportant and the series was just messing around with all the hints thrown?
Another speculation. As we know, Minato and Yukari are special. Both siblings became ashikabis, Minato winged 6 sekireis including 4 single digits. Minato has jinki visions - and only he. We also know that Minato:
- resembles Minaka (from Kazhana),
- resembles Takashi (from Miya),
- is a son of Takami (is he?);
we also know, that human could be "enchanted" like Seo.
What if Yukari and Minato ale artifical humans enchanted with sekireis genes, with Takami as a mother, and both Takashi and Minaka are "gene donors"? It could explain Miya resentment against Minato - Takashi refused to have children with her, but agreed to have a son and a daughter with another woman. (Not sure if Sekireis and humans could have offspring).
Old 2009-05-10, 11:52   Link #2048
zibi88

well the thing is that if Minato is Minaka's son he would have in genes similar eye shape (from Takami or Minaka) but he has larger size eyes compared to them...

example look at their eye shape

Takami
http://www.onemanga.com/Sekirei/52/04/
Minaka
http://www.onemanga.com/Sekirei/73/05/

like we see both have small-sharp eye shape

Takehito
http://www.onemanga.com/Sekirei/73/13/

Minato for example
http://www.onemanga.com/Sekirei/71/05/

So well normaly a child has characteristics in look from his parents... and well Minato's larger eye shape is different from Minaka... close to Takehito....

but what if Minato really is an experiment like fuseing human and sekirei gens (since lots of sekirei has that kind of bigger eye shape...)..... Takami took Minato and Yukari as her own kids after the experiment and hide them somewhere far from city ^^ time will show but there is something special in them that makes them precious

Even Takami kinda said to Kazehana at the bridge that Kazehana should say to Miya that she wont hurt them....(is Minato important to Miya too...that Takami mother of Minato has to say to her that she wont hurt them...I doubt that she was refering to minatos sekirei alone...)

Time will show but if the information is such a secret than it has to be soemthing big.... well why Takami didnt told her own kids about their father..... is she ashamed that she with Minaka that freak...... or she is scared to tell Minato that he is a eperiment of MBI......
Old 2009-05-10, 15:04   Link #2049
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Why not go one step further and have them actually be Miya's children, she's not technically a sekirei. If Takehito and Miya had offspring, would they not technically be an example of very strong human/ashikabi? First generation ashikabi if you will.

Would explain why Takehito had to dissapear in some sort of argument with MBI. And Miya would endanger the existence of her own children, hence the deal with Takami. Only thing is until it's revealed this is all pure spec, with no proof.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 15:48   Link #2050
Johnny
Working the bags...

Miya said that if Minato discovered the truth about everything, he would have to leave Izumo Inn. I guess that could be called 'tough love', but I doubt she would toss Minato out if he's her offspring...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 16:43   Link #2051
Arturro

@zibi88 Aren't big eyes in manga and anime a sign of innocence?

Quote:
Even Takami kinda said to Kazehana at the bridge that Kazehana should say to Miya that she wont hurt them....(is Minato important to Miya too...that Takami mother of Minato has to say to her that she wont hurt them...I doubt that she was refering to minatos sekirei alone...)
Mother assuring that she won't hurt her own children... It's not very motherly. As I've posted before Takami actions towards Minato and Yukari are, at best, at the same level as for Kusamo. The only sign that she has any depper feelings for them is a wallpaper on her cell phone.

@Sleepy Speculator When Miya found who Minato is, her first reaction was almost hostile. It's not kind of reaction one could have to own child. But to someone indirectly involved in death of her husband. As Johnny pointed, Miya is not a person, who would turn her son out of the house. She even let Uzume stay.

BTW - it looks, that most of us expect Sekirei to turn soon from comedy to drama...
Old 2009-05-10, 17:06   Link #2052
zibi88

Where did miya torun hostile to Minato after learning who he is ?? what I remember she was ok with him all the time.... and Minato introduced himself yet Miya took him in (into izumo inn..... is she was hostile she could reject him).... teasing is not called hostile..... and the matter with the sword pointed at minato when he brought ku-chan was kinda like teasing too ^^

Well I think that Miya understands that its not Minato's fault that her husband died (she even says herself that Takehitos death was kinda coused by miyas action[ the huge love for him which made her quit disciplinary squad]... he has no clue what is going on so how can she blame this kid for something he has no idea ^^ well she is kinda worried not only about minato but his sekirei too.... and that kinda shows the chapter when minato went to help kagari.... she said that the "reward will be 1sekirei at the end and so matsu should understand how harsh this is" miya rather knows how pure & kind minato is...and how strong his bond with his sekirei is.... so being separated from most of them will couse him huge pain....
Old 2009-05-10, 18:29   Link #2053
hellraiser85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Another speculation. As we know, Minato and Yukari are special. Both siblings became ashikabis, Minato winged 6 sekireis including 4 single digits. Minato has jinki visions - and only he. We also know that Minato:
What if Yukari and Minato ale artifical humans enchanted with sekireis genes, with Takami as a mother, and both Takashi and Minaka are "gene donors"? It could explain Miya resentment against Minato - Takashi refused to have children with her, but agreed to have a son and a daughter with another woman. (Not sure if Sekireis and humans could have offspring).
i like your theory and i think it makes a lot of sense... damn, it would even justify yukari's apparent brother complex! (there's nothing wrong if they're not blood related). yukari certainly has the same bitchy attitude of takami though (it could have also just developed later of course).

@Anh_Minh Homura is the author's favorite character so expect him/her (he will more likely stay a man for the above reason even if i really hope to be wrong) to show off a lot and kick some serious asses
hellraiser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 05:58   Link #2054
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

I just went and had a look and when Minato reveals who he is Miya's smiling.

Need more info

Old 2009-05-11, 09:09   Link #2055
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Maybe Minato is adopted, that way we can have a Minato X Yukari or Minato X Takami shipping... wait this isn't To-Love-Ru...
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 11:30   Link #2056
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
so i still have hope that Miya would want to make Minato a man sorta in the if i can't have the father i will have the son sorta thing
Old 2009-05-11, 12:29   Link #2057
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
so i still have hope that Miya would want to make Minato a man sorta in the if i can't have the father i will have the son sorta thing
if it's true
She will cross the line with the Self-Proclaimed-Minato's 1st Wife-Miss Pantyshowing-Tsukiumi (Sekirei no.09)
Black Sekirei is a sample how brute a Sekirei can be.
And don't forget about Kazehana (Wind Sekirei) who want to fuck him even in her first meet.
Three of them is Single number, so it's will cost the Landlady Hanya of the North a Diehard Brawl before having her "Prize" between her tight.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 12:49   Link #2058
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

There's a rather harsh twist to that. If only one sekirei can be left at the end, more than losing 5 sekirei, he may have to deal with Miya, and one way of interpreting the words is that whoever is left get's #1. Even worse for Minato if he's related.

Old 2009-05-11, 13:31   Link #2059
zibi88

nah Miya is too mature and well she only loved Takehito... besides she doesnt look too have any feelings for Minato.... she knows that he is good,pure,good hearted person and she kinda respects that (and his pureity makes her like to tease him, just like his mother Takami or sister yukari :P ).... but its not like she has any romantic feelings for him...

Maybe Miya would change if Minato did something huge or if she could talk alone 1v1 with him about random things and his throughts about everything... (good thing would be to take minato inside her own room the same guard him from other girls and give him good sleep without stress (of wakeing up with many girls all around him :P).... before falling asleep their could talk and she could kinda see that this child is pure and innocent so maybe that would couse some feelings to born (since she is not a sekirei she rather wont start reacting to him like others)

anyway 4days till next chapter will be released in japan >_< cant wait for some conclusion about who that shadow person is (Shina, Yukari, Mutsu, Takami, Homura, Akitsu.... or someone else)
Old 2009-05-11, 16:35   Link #2060
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser85 View Post
@Anh_Minh Homura is the author's favorite character so expect him/her (he will more likely stay a man for the above reason even if i really hope to be wrong) to show off a lot and kick some serious asses
It's not just a matter of kicking ass. It's the sheer ruthlessness of how Mustang did it. I mean, to start with, Homura's fighting style is to burn people alive, though he's mostly kept it to warning singes till now. It is not a nice way to fight, though I guess getting concussed or cut isn't really better. But what if he started fighting like he really meant it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, seinen, sekirei