AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-14, 10:08   Link #341
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

If one played Clannad VN one really doesn't miss out much on not seeing the anime, especially since the way how everything works is so much different between the anime and the VN (although it would take some pretty deep reflection and analysis to figure it out). Both Kyou and Tomoyo's OVA suffer from the usual syndromes of trying to shoehorn too much into too little, so the VN version is much, much better.

If the translators ever get around to completely translate Ecstasy (without the H-scenes is fine), I'd probably be interested in replaying the entire thing again in English.
Old 2010-11-14, 16:29   Link #342
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDunn View Post
Kotomi and Tomoyo have always been my favorite in the anime and the VN. Not just the arc but the actual characters. Oh and Akio during his arc in AS.

Looks like Mio's route is 65% completed. I guess it'll be done near the end of this month or the start of December.
Yay,Mio is one of my favorite characters (newspaper blade fight lol),was thinking about doing her route before I saw it wasn't translated.

Kotomi will always be my favorite character in Clannad,and will always be at the top of my favorite anime characters list XD
Everyone is a spirit, has a soul, and lives in a body.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Looks like it'd be fun to be that high up in the sky...
Old 2010-11-14, 18:46   Link #343
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudfan101 View Post
I'll definitely remember that guide,and will follow it very carefully.

When I watched the anime,I had no idea even the word "Visual Novel" existed,but,boy am I glad I know now XD

I think I watched the OVA for Kyou,but it's very vaguely in the back of my mind,,and I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the actual story line,but Kyou will forever remain one of my top favorite anime characters,for her amazing accuracy with those dictionaries XD

Kotomi was always my favorite in the anime,too bad they didn't put her in the AS part of the game,she made for some hilarious moments in the anime AS.

If you ever find the time to watch the anime AS,I reccommend it,especially if you like tear-jerkers(at least it was a tear-jerker for me).
They toned down the comedy in AS anime,but it's still a little bit there,I guess they wanted to focus on the romance and drama more though.
Glad to hear it

Yeah, I'm not suprised you didn't enjoy the Kyou OVA much, they butchered it so much it was amazing. When the scene with Kyou, Tomoya, and Sunohara outside started ten minutes in I could have cried, sooo much left out. It's hard to care about the situation when its shoved onto you so quickly.

I might watch the AS anime one day, if I feel like reseeing it in a different way, but I won't have missed much, just a few character scenes.

The great thing about playing the game is you get to do a route that was never even mentioned in the anime, the secret Kappei route (it's awesome)
Old 2010-11-14, 23:09   Link #344
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Yay,Mio is one of my favorite characters (newspaper blade fight lol),was thinking about doing her route before I saw it wasn't translated.

Kotomi will always be my favorite character in Clannad,and will always be at the top of my favorite anime characters list XD
As much as I like Mio (she has a devil's mouth behind her expressionless face, seriously), her route is kind of lackluster. If you also like Mio a lot don't expect too much of the route, because you actually don't get to see a lot of her in there =( Just a whole lotta Mind Screws
Old 2010-11-14, 23:58   Link #345
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
As much as I like Mio (she has a devil's mouth behind her expressionless face, seriously), her route is kind of lackluster. If you also like Mio a lot don't expect too much of the route, because you actually don't get to see a lot of her in there =( Just a whole lotta Mind Screws
I heard something about that,too bad really,she can be a great character at most times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD
Glad to hear it

Yeah, I'm not suprised you didn't enjoy the Kyou OVA much, they butchered it so much it was amazing. When the scene with Kyou, Tomoya, and Sunohara outside started ten minutes in I could have cried, sooo much left out. It's hard to care about the situation when its shoved onto you so quickly.

I might watch the AS anime one day, if I feel like reseeing it in a different way, but I won't have missed much, just a few character scenes.

The great thing about playing the game is you get to do a route that was never even mentioned in the anime, the secret Kappei route (it's awesome)
Kappei o.O? Never heard of it.
I am now officially interested !
Guess I'll have to get crackin'!
I'm almost finished with Misae-san's route and am going per guide XD

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-15, 01:05   Link #346
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Kappei o.O? Never heard of it.
I am now officially interested !
Guess I'll have to get crackin'!
I'm almost finished with Misae-san's route and am going per guide XD
Aside from Kappei route, the VN also features the option to be locked in the storage with Tomoyo, Nagisa, or even Akio instead of Kyou (although I think Kyou's scene is still the most interesting), a baseball ending of which episode 1 AS is based on but at least 1.5 times as long (and features some epic Mei maneuvers not included in the anime as well as a not-so-epic Tomoyo maneuver), a much more coherent Tomoyo and Kyou route, amongst others. I particularly recommend you to check out the baseball ending at least once (although you'll have to find another guide as the one commonly used doesn't seem to feature it as far as I know) - to me it seems LB is basically an expansion of the ideology behind that ending, so who knows, it may make you appreciate LB a lot more too. It did for me (as well as making me research a lot about actual baseball rules so I didn't go "huh?" as much in the baseball game in LB )
Old 2010-11-15, 01:57   Link #347
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Aside from Kappei route, the VN also features the option to be locked in the storage with Tomoyo, Nagisa, or even Akio instead of Kyou (although I think Kyou's scene is still the most interesting), a baseball ending of which episode 1 AS is based on but at least 1.5 times as long (and features some epic Mei maneuvers not included in the anime as well as a not-so-epic Tomoyo maneuver), a much more coherent Tomoyo and Kyou route, amongst others. I particularly recommend you to check out the baseball ending at least once (although you'll have to find another guide as the one commonly used doesn't seem to feature it as far as I know) - to me it seems LB is basically an expansion of the ideology behind that ending, so who knows, it may make you appreciate LB a lot more too. It did for me (as well as making me research a lot about actual baseball rules so I didn't go "huh?" as much in the baseball game in LB )
lol,sounds interesting XD

I just now finished Misae-san's route,I remembered when watching the anime when Shima-kun dissapeared,nastalgic~

Must've been hard being Shima-kun,and once again I shed a couple of tears at that part T_T.

Misae's route entertained me a bit more than I thought it would actually.

Next is Tomoyo's route!

In the morning that is XD

Yay,music and CG mode! Now I finally get to listen to "Etude pour les petites supercordes" all I want!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-15, 17:07   Link #348
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

Misae's route was great, I absolutely loved her story, and I loved her conclusion in Tomoyo's route even more

I wonder if Tomoyo After will ever get translated? I also wonder if I will bother to play it. Maybe I will because its key.

To bring this thread back to LB, do you guys consider Rin a tsundere? I think she is, but the term is a bit troublesome as people tend to assume it sums them up completeley, like "Oh, she's a tsundere". She is sort of set apart in that she is not tough to strangers or people she isn't fammiliar with, that's when the cute side comes out.

My favourite is still Kurugaya, she is just great.
Old 2010-11-15, 17:14   Link #349
JJDunn
The Basic One

Send a message via MSN to JJDunn
Tomoyo After is still being translated it was recently picked up again after they stopped.

Kurugaya's my fave next to Rin for now, I have yet to see the other routes and I'm curious about Saya. Currently collecting all OSTs/albums/singles/remixes to any Key game (thanks to wiki) and was missing this >< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCYB...eature=related

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-11-15, 19:04   Link #350
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
Misae's route was great, I absolutely loved her story, and I loved her conclusion in Tomoyo's route even more

I wonder if Tomoyo After will ever get translated? I also wonder if I will bother to play it. Maybe I will because its key.

To bring this thread back to LB, do you guys consider Rin a tsundere? I think she is, but the term is a bit troublesome as people tend to assume it sums them up completeley, like "Oh, she's a tsundere". She is sort of set apart in that she is not tough to strangers or people she isn't fammiliar with, that's when the cute side comes out.

My favourite is still Kurugaya, she is just great.
Hmm,I don't think I'd term her as a full out Tsundere,but she does seem to have some of those qualities.
It's more like,she's just real shy and not used to strangers,not really a Tsundere per se...except when she just randomly pulls out the cute side in front of her cats,and acts like she wasn't playing with them when she's found out(that would be the most prominent Tsundere side of her)
Heh,I guess we DID go off topic a bit XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDunn
Tomoyo After is still being translated it was recently picked up again after they stopped.

Kurugaya's my fave next to Rin for now, I have yet to see the other routes and I'm curious about Saya. Currently collecting all OSTs/albums/singles/remixes to any Key game (thanks to wiki) and was missing this >< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCCYB...eature=related
Kurugaya is ok,but she's not my favorite.
My favorites are:

Kud-chan
Haruka
Spoiler for Haruka:

Mio
Spoiler for Mio:

Rin
Spoiler for Rin:

Kurugaya
Komari

I actually think Haruka may be almost up at the same level as Kud,for her hilarious aspects.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-15, 19:28   Link #351
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Kanata's the only one that's even close to a tsundere IMHO. Rin has tsuntsun and deredere moments, but they don't really alternate from each other most of the time (she's only tsundere to her cats really). Sasami and Saya all have their moments too, but like Rin they don't really alternate between tsun and dere.

Out of all nine heroines, Saya is definitely the uncontested favourite for me, followed by Mio and Haruka (I like Mio better, but her route loses cleanly to Haruka's). There none of them I don't like though, so ranking the rest would be a bit hard.
Old 2010-11-15, 19:39   Link #352
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Kanata's the only one that's even close to a tsundere IMHO. Rin has tsuntsun and deredere moments, but they don't really alternate from each other most of the time (she's only tsundere to her cats really). Sasami and Saya all have their moments too, but like Rin they don't really alternate between tsun and dere.

Out of all nine heroines, Saya is definitely the uncontested favourite for me, followed by Mio and Haruka (I like Mio better, but her route loses cleanly to Haruka's). There none of them I don't like though, so ranking the rest would be a bit hard.
Man,I wish EX wasn't adult T.T
I would love to play Saya's route,and Kanata looks like it would be interesting...
I wish Key would stop making their games into adult ones.
Why are people even attracted to that content -_-

On a side note,I'm playing a VN that has voices and isn't translated,and am learning slowly the Japanese characters,already memorized a few,and can read a bit now

Gonna look up a guide to learning Japanese later.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Kudfan101; 2010-11-15 at 19:59.
Old 2010-11-15, 20:20   Link #353
TheRealTRXD
Not making an impression

I'm just gunna say it. Why do you care so much about the adult content that you can't even play it?
Old 2010-11-15, 20:31   Link #354
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Key makes their games adult to raise revenue. It's simple as that. Galgames don't exactly have a large market but there are heck of a lot of competition, and Key isn't exactly a large company, so they need that extra amount of customers to keep them running and reality ensues.

And I agree with TheRealTRXD. It's not really morally superior to not play something because it has adult content compared to just skipping them where applicable.
Old 2010-11-15, 20:52   Link #355
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealTRXD View Post
I'm just gunna say it. Why do you care so much about the adult content that you can't even play it?
1. Not old enough.
2. It's immoral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar
Key makes their games adult to raise revenue. It's simple as that. Galgames don't exactly have a large market but there are heck of a lot of competition, and Key isn't exactly a large company, so they need that extra amount of customers to keep them running and reality ensues.

And I agree with TheRealTRXD. It's not really morally superior to not play something because it has adult content compared to just skipping them where applicable.
If they put in an option to turn off the adult scenes,I would be inclined to play those games(with the adult scenes gone,nothing is there to stop me).
And,it is immoral to put that stuff in games.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-15, 22:20   Link #356
Kudryavka

Quote:
1. Not old enough.
2. It's immoral.

If they put in an option to turn off the adult scenes,I would be inclined to play those games(with the adult scenes gone,nothing is there to stop me).
And,it is immoral to put that stuff in games.
Hard to believe for some, but there really are people out there who like simulating sex scenes with fictional 2D characters (or just reading pr0n with pretty pictures). Not going to make any assertions here though, off-topic.

Ooh Mio's almost done?
Old 2010-11-15, 22:31   Link #357
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hard to believe for some, but there really are people out there who like simulating sex scenes with fictional 2D characters (or just reading pr0n with pretty pictures). Not going to make any assertions here though, off-topic.

Ooh Mio's almost done?
Yeah,doesn't make sense to me,why simulate it when you can wait untill you're married and actually have it,morally?

Yay,Mio is almost done!

What's cool is,I can read some of the text now,from just playing an untranslated VN and matching the voices with the text!

Heheh,this has got me excited,if I keep going at this rate,I'll be able to read a lot of characters,and I just started doing this yesterday around 6 pm.

What I'm wating for (obviously) is Kud's route,although,soon,I may be able to read it myself without the patch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Kudfan101; 2010-11-16 at 01:24.
Old 2010-11-16, 02:51   Link #358
JJDunn
The Basic One

Send a message via MSN to JJDunn
I'm not really that bothered about the H-Scenes as long as they don't hinder the plot Still, would be nice to see an on-off option

No hope. No cure.
Old 2010-11-16, 08:19   Link #359
Kudfan101
One with the force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJDunn View Post
I'm not really that bothered about the H-Scenes as long as they don't hinder the plot Still, would be nice to see an on-off option
I guess one could just skip past when they do appear,but,that would only be the very last resort for me.

On a side note,I quite like this forum so far ,glad I finally figured out how to set my sig and avatar and stuff.
This is really the first forum I've been on,besides one for an online game that I was just asking questions on;much more boring than this

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 2010-11-16, 09:14   Link #360
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Could we not turn this thread into a morality argument please? I personally own the EX version (since it was the only one I could readily avail of), and while the chances of an EX compatible patch are a long way off considering the content, I'd prefer not to look in this thread for news on updates and see people arguing why which version is better or why sexual depictions in the game are bad etc. etc.

Just a thought.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, game patch, key, pc game, translation