AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-20, 13:50   Link #12241
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Um... Wrong, the lock acts as an inhibitor. Like a funnel effect to keep the vampire blood from running rampant on its own. Think of it as a dam if you will. A Dam hold's back a massive amount of water, just as the lock holds back the youki, but the dam still lets out water, but it's controlled. Just like the lock is for Tsukune.

His physical being is already altered due to the vampire blood in his system.

Moka is still crazy strong even with her youki suppressed. This was shown several times already throughout the series. There's nothing human about her, other than appearance.
Right, I forgot that Tsukune has already started showing changes, well it happens ... too many circling theories and you start forgetting the details. Anyway I started rereading the manga and currently I'm in the Mizore arc of Season II. And I'm wondering ... what kind of youkai is Fujusaki Miyabi the guy who did you know what to Mizore ... because before he was punched by Tsukune, well he brought him to the ground without trying to have a stance or anything. Well I'm taking about this ...

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rosari...3/c012/26.html

and well later he even stopped Khaula's attack :

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/rosari...4/c014/23.html

So what kind of youkai is he the most possible would be a vampire ... because he displayed a bit of enhanced strength, but I'm not too sure about it.

So what are you're suggestions ?

Last edited by Chris38; 2009-11-20 at 15:30.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 17:54   Link #12242
KoSa333

Maybe he's not a youkai but a hybrid like tsukune. And you can be right about the vampire thing so my guess is that he got blood from kahlua (I'm sure if it's the command then kahlua won't deny it and inject blood into him)
If he was a real vampire then Moka would know that, but he really has a "vampire-like" strength that's why I think that. I have an impression that he was originally a human...
KoSa333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 19:13   Link #12243
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

From what Tsukune is now compared to what he was back then, he's very different. He actually knows how to fight and to control the vampire blood. But even with that, Miyabi is probably an A+ class youkai himself. I see him as being as the same status as Moka - a prodigy child from an esteemed family line that will probably inherit their respective households.

It's a good thing that Miyabi never went to the School - he might have been actual competition for Tsukune for Moka. o.o
Old 2009-11-20, 19:31   Link #12244
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wouldn't be surprised if Miyabi was a vampire. Really he's almost like the male version of Moka in terms of that "cool" and haughty personality that he has, which seems to be an apparent trade mark of Vampires. Even Kokoa tries to display this but fails horribly because of her own immaturity
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 21:32   Link #12245
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea, altho he touched Mizore. he's pretty cool. I want his hair
Old 2009-11-20, 21:50   Link #12246
TheAlucid

Miyabi's recovery from Tsukune's punch would suggest he isn't anything ordinary, and so far Vampires seem to be the only youkai that fight untransformed. Kind of curious about what is relationship is with Kahlua and Daddy Starbucks.

On a side note, do you think this series will ever pick up monster hunters of some sort? I'm thinking a Van Helsing archetype.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-20, 23:43   Link #12247
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Miyabi's recovery from Tsukune's punch would suggest he isn't anything ordinary, and so far Vampires seem to be the only youkai that fight untransformed. Kind of curious about what is relationship is with Kahlua and Daddy Starbucks.
He's Moka's fiance, chosen by her father!? BUM BUM BUMMMMM

Quote:
On a side note, do you think this series will ever pick up monster hunters of some sort? I'm thinking a Van Helsing archetype.
While that would be interesting, I don't think its a path this series should take. An omake with a vampire hunter pointed a cross at Kokoa and nothing happening would fit right and be pretty funny.
Old 2009-11-21, 00:47   Link #12248
Chris38

I see, yes he certainly has a simmilar attitude to Inner Moka. Well Tsukune needs a rival right.

So one they duel again ( Miyabi and Tsukune ) I think that we will see how Tsukune is in terms of power.

By the way, do you think vampires have more abilities then the one whe where shown up to now.So far they are known to possess:

- a youkai detector ( similar to a bat's ultrasound wave )

- converting there aura into strength ( enhanced strength )

- transformation ability ( Khaula uses it, so you should know what it is )

- high speed ( faster then normal Youkai , but not as fast as a werewolf )

Do you think these are the only abilities vampires have, or will they have more of them. Personally I don't know vampires are already powerful, wouldn't giving them more abilities ,make them a bit too much overpowered.
Old 2009-11-21, 00:52   Link #12249
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
wouldn't giving them more abilities ,make them a bit too much overpowered.
they were also given the most weaknesses to make up for it.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:57   Link #12250
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That's why Tsukune is OP, since he's originally human he doesn't inherit the weaknesses. His only weakness right now is his lack of combat experience.
Old 2009-11-21, 05:09   Link #12251
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
That's why Tsukune is OP, since he's originally human he doesn't inherit the weaknesses. His only weakness right now is his lack of combat experience.
You forgot one other weakness of Tsukune ... and that are "cherries" .

But, seriously I agree with you, so far he hasn't got enough combat experience, but when he does ... he could be even stronger then Inner Moka.

That is unless he will have other "weaknesses" that a "normal" vampire hasn't ( so far it's not gonna happen), well if Tsukune get's a bit more combat experience ... then I think he really is going to be OP.
Old 2009-11-21, 06:05   Link #12252
Arturro

Kokoa said to Moka during dopppleganger arc (chapter 4, page 17/160) that both of them was raised in house of villians (or house of darkness in speedscan). I'm wondering what she was talking about... About vampires pride and brutality, or about their connection with criminal syndicates?

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 08:24   Link #12253
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Kokoa said to Moka during dopppleganger arc (chapter 4, page 17/160) that both of them was raised in house of villians (or house of darkness in speedscan). I'm wondering what she was talking about... About vampires pride and brutality, or about their connection with criminal syndicates?
Well, for me it meant their connection with the criminal syndicates - if you remember in chapter 3 of the Second Season Inner Moka ( during flashback ) said to Kokoa that to gain recognition in their family you have to get strong. Why would that be like that if their family where just a bit "aristocratic".
Old 2009-11-21, 10:30   Link #12254
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Miyabi VS Tsukune is imminent in the future.
Old 2009-11-21, 12:28   Link #12255
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Miyabi VS Tsukune is imminent in the future.
Indeed and I'm willing to bet its the Vampire versus match that people's been wanting for Tsukune. It'll be epic!
Old 2009-11-21, 20:35   Link #12256
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
You never know with this bunch, but personally I'd like to see him fight Kiria first. Miyabi was taken out just a bit too fast, even before Tsukune got into serious training, so if they were to face off now, Tsukune would probably be just a bit more of a challenge. Kiria on the other hand would probably be more on par with Tsukune, but we still don't know what he is, so a Miyabi VS Tsukune, or Kiria VS Tsukune fight, either way would be epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
By the way, do you think vampires have more abilities then the one whe where shown up to now.So far they are known to possess:

- a youkai detector ( similar to a bat's ultrasound wave )

- converting there aura into strength ( enhanced strength )

- transformation ability ( Khaula uses it, so you should know what it is )

- high speed ( faster then normal Youkai , but not as fast as a werewolf )

Do you think these are the only abilities vampires have, or will they have more of them. Personally I don't know vampires are already powerful, wouldn't giving them more abilities ,make them a bit too much overpowered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
These are what we've been shown, yes. Though I think the "Aura into strength" is still limited. If Moka figured out how to extend her youki beyond her body, she might be able to pull off ranged attacks. Right now, she's a close combat fighter, and this in itself isn't bad, but without a means to protect from a ranged attack or to get close enough to take out an opponent using ranged attacks on her, she's a sitting duck. Tsukune also seems to have this limitation at this point as well, but he might be able to break this...

As for weaknesses, so far 2 have been named AND used.

Water: Moka seems to need water that has herb treatment or for it to come from another living being (blood), or tomato juice in order not to harm her. But, that doesn't give her many opportunities to replenish her bodily fluids though...

She sweats, just like the rest of us, but there is no mention that vampires are vulnerable to dehydration. So, where does she get enough water for sweat and her other bodily fluids, including her more intimate ones? (yes I'm perverse on this part)

And of course the other one holy objects like her rosary, and everything pertaining to that has pretty much been discussed.

In the anime, garlic was mentioned, but more that it makes the sweat on other people smell bad, so there is nothing uniquely vampiric about that weakness, as pretty much EVERYBODY is vulnerable to that.

I think even silver was mentioned, but I'm not too sure on that one, besides, that's more of a werewolf vulnerability.

In some cases it may be possible that the things and tactics you'd use to take out zombies, would also work on vampires and most any other creatures; destroy their head, and/or rip out their spines.
Old 2009-11-21, 20:39   Link #12257
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm more than certain that Moka can drink any kind of fluid outside of plain water. As long as it's not regular water she should be fine. I'm pretty sure we've seen her drinking other kinds of beverages before.

The anime is never a good place to reference for anything R+V related btw. But I'm pretty sure you know that already

There are some lore that silver harms vampires. If I'm not mistaken the Van Helsing lore involves silver with vampires as well.

I would like to see Tsukune go against Kiria also, since he's obviously a tier or two below Miyabi. I'm fairly certain we'll see Tsukune fight his way to the top.
Old 2009-11-21, 21:56   Link #12258
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Silver: Moka's rosary is made of silver...so you can say that silver negates their strong auras, making them relatively weak. Of course, this is just my take on it.

As for Moka's water problem, she's anemic so you can say that she rarely gets 'enough' fluids in her diet. She's had fainting spells before (being dizzy and so forth). So with Tsukune here, she's in much better shape but she hasn't gorged herself on anyone or anything but even so, she has so much power. Tsukune's blood was pretty potent from before, being a virgin and all.
Old 2009-11-21, 23:32   Link #12259
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

*still waiting for a fire youkai character*
Old 2009-11-21, 23:43   Link #12260
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
*still waiting for a fire youkai character*
um... we already had one... there could be another one but it'll feel redundant.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire