AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 07:05   Link #2561
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
BlazBlue has 22 characters... that's only 3 characters away from matching Guilty Gear AC+R in roster size.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 09:30   Link #2562
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-12171.html

https://twitter.com/DLKayEff/status/258413686316740608

Nu-13 and Mu-12 confirmed for BBCP, apparently. Eagerly awaiting scans.

Scan found.
i'm glad to see Nu's back but does anyone how she was able to come back story wise i mean in story she hasn't died just once now but twice.
i just dont see how she is able to come back
Old 2012-10-17, 10:23   Link #2563
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Arcade Opening Movie
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 10:52   Link #2564
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i'm glad to see Nu's back but does anyone how she was able to come back story wise i mean in story she hasn't died just once now but twice.
Probably with Rachel and/or Jubei's help, Noel is now able to tap in her "Azure Power" to transform into Mu12, although she is deep down noel (so they will most likely make different voice over for her, and keep a "BBCS" Mu speech pattern as well).

I noticed that before, but I can't say the artwork style for Chrono Phantasma is to my liking: the shading and traits are vastly more clumsy compared to BBCS period, and it is even more obvious with the proportions (notable victim: Nu13).
I dunno, they look more "doujin" like than really any real CG.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:03   Link #2565
Nayim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
YouTube

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Arcade Opening Movie
Pause at 1.10.

Hello...newcomer.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:05   Link #2566
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Due to the hair ornaments, hair and eyes colors, that character is most likely Tsubaki. If not, she has a very very uncanny resemblance.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:15   Link #2567
Nayim

Here:

May look Tsubaki but we never seen Tsubaki wear sleeveless before (In before Tsubaki doesn't like revealing clothes attire in previous BB joke in Help Me Kokonoe).
Old 2012-10-17, 11:18   Link #2568
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, Tsubaki is no longer the same, warped by both Terumi and Saya, and she is already wearing a black uniform (subtility... not), so having another battle attire isn't really a long stretch.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:34   Link #2569
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I noticed that before, but I can't say the artwork style for Chrono Phantasma is to my liking: the shading and traits are vastly more clumsy compared to BBCS period, and it is even more obvious with the proportions (notable victim: Nu13).
Yeah I feel the same way, I liked the art for CS but when I saw the new art for CP I was pretty disappointed. It looks amateur to me.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 11:50   Link #2570
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so they released the OP. does this mean character roster is final for arcade released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I guess that probably it because the fanservice is more exagerated

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 12:20   Link #2571
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler, maybe:

edit:
followup to my post
Spoiler for still a spoiler:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-17 at 12:32.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 13:22   Link #2572
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Here:

May look Tsubaki but we never seen Tsubaki wear sleeveless before (In before Tsubaki doesn't like revealing clothes attire in previous BB joke in Help Me Kokonoe).
her clothing somehow reminds me of Makoto/Bullet.. and since she was shown after Amane&Bullet clash, maybe she has some connection with those two?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 13:42   Link #2573
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayim View Post
Here:

It's definitely Tsubaki. If you check at her neck, she's wearing something that looks similar to the eye that's on her hat/izayoi, her eyes are red because she's dark mode, so it fits. Also in that pic, she's wearing that metal lock on her hair, just as she regularly does. The real question would be what that image means, because they already showed her with a costume change, the dark inversion of her old one, so does this imply there's going to be another character model for Tsubaki? Such as another character mode kinda like with Mu/Noel?

Last edited by Kurosu; 2012-10-17 at 13:53.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 13:48   Link #2574
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I guess that probably it because the fanservice is more exagerated
No, that's beyond that: eyes are fairly more sharp to a weird way, the gradients and shading of the clothes and all are vastly different (even the skin looks "mate plastic"). It is quite evident with Ragna and Noel.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:02   Link #2575
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Atleast the characters look better than this from CS

YouTube
Old 2012-10-17, 14:05   Link #2576
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, that's Gonzo for you... And for some reason, for extend, they only remade the digest CT recap/exclusive scenes with production IG, but the rest was left as ugly as it was...
Either way, I wouldn't compare the characters art with anime sequence at all, since it is totally not the same context. I just hope they will stick with production IG with the same art/animation direction than in Extend.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:17   Link #2577
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The last post was not serious, anyways

I have read on another forum that the characters were drawn by Mori this time instead of Katou Yuuki

Taken from an interview with Mori on another forum
Quote:
I: Well then, how did you remake the visuals?
M: The main concept behind the new visuals is “Everything you see is different”. Since the story has moved to Ikaruga, every single stage except for Rachel’s has changed completely.
I: Have the stages become more varied, too?
M: Of course. Though there are currently around 12 stages, with such backgrounds as the jungle or the snow-covered stage, there are now many different scenes other than the city landscapes.
I: The character illustrations have completely changed, too.
M: Yes. It’s me who’ve drawn them. Last time, we were using my designs and Kato was drawing them, and this time, we were using Kato’s designs with me drawing them. We decided that the move to Ikaruga was a good enough reason for the change of the artwork’s taste. Actually, you may not notice this, but we also made some changes to the character sprites. I think that Ragna is one of the characters that changed the most.
I: When the changes are as drastic as Noel’s, it shouldn’t be surprising that you had to make her sprites more detailed.
M: Yes. Actually, many members of the staff were angry about Noel losing her hat. Since they had to draw her from scratch, they were like “Why did you have to change it!?” (laughs).
I: (laughs)
M: We were thinking about giving Jin new clothes, too. However, we don’t think that Jin cares about his clothes that much, so we ended up leaving them as is (laughs).
I: Doesn’t care about his clothes? (laughs) By the way, has the music changed completely, too?
M: Of course, all the music has changed, too. Though the existing characters got their themes remixed, Tager’s theme got a completely different feeling to it.
Old 2012-10-17, 14:18   Link #2578
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Who's the one with the parasol there. I don't seem to be privy to knowledge on all the new characters.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:23   Link #2579
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Who's the one with the parasol there. I don't seem to be privy to knowledge on all the new characters.
You mean the blond loli with the parasol? That's actually one of the characters from the first game: Rachel Alucard
Old 2012-10-17, 14:27   Link #2580
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
You mean the blond loli with the parasol? That's actually one of the characters from the first game: Rachel Alucard
No i mean the purple haired one. I'd look pretty bad if I didn't know my own character.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, arc system works, arcade, fighting, ps vita, ps3, psp, windows, xbox360