AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-24, 03:50   Link #281
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

You really should be aiming for SS. The moves you get make a huge difference the further you go into the game.

Moves you should be getting from them in chapter 2 I think are:

Spoiler for moves, Daraba fight tips and 2-1 help:

I tried just playing this through with S ranks. In the 3rd chapter, I hit a wall. SS ranks will make life much easier.
Old 2008-08-24, 04:28   Link #282
cranston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Yeah, the alpha/beta/gamma icescrew arrow is only usefull in curtain situation. Like the enemy part has a blue spirit with vanish skill and a green spirit.
Took me a while to figure out how to use that Icicle Arrow Alpha
Seriously, they should've just skipped the Alpha and go straight to Icicle Arrow I.
The only reason to use Alpha is if the Blue Vanisher is teamed with a Black or White with an Av skill.
Even then, I don't really care unless I have a Red Supporter.

As for who to apply PW to, if you don't understand Jp, just look at the values.
cranston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 04:40   Link #283
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Meh, I didn't really find the S and SS rank permanent wills that important. I got through the game on Normal fine with just A ranks, maybe the occasional S or SS rank.
Old 2008-08-24, 09:03   Link #284
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranston View Post
Took me a while to figure out how to use that Icicle Arrow Alpha
Seriously, they should've just skipped the Alpha and go straight to Icicle Arrow I.
The only reason to use Alpha is if the Blue Vanisher is teamed with a Black or White with an Av skill.
Even then, I don't really care unless I have a Red Supporter.

As for who to apply PW to, if you don't understand Jp, just look at the values.
Well in some cases it does make difference of life or death. I think get a heal spell get vanished.

About the rank.

The first play through I didn't even bother with the rank. It's not really that important. Sure you get less mana, but leveling up isn't really important if you got the right PW. Getting the PW from rank S or SS is only handy at the start of the next chapter, in long term it doesn't matter.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 09:05   Link #285
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It does make life easier, though. It's a matter of choice and opinion, I guess. Plus those SS moves rewards set one up nicer for higher difficulties, since that's what you take from your playthrough in Normal.

Speaking of which...question on the accumulation of levels and moves. If you play through normal and then do Normal again, for the 2nd time around, do your characters start at the level they were at when you finished the 1st time? Because I note if you want to get all the SS moves, you have to play through Normal 6 times. And vice versa for the other 2 modes.

And a question about 5-2 rewards because after there only being 1-2 obvious choices...I'm having trouble picking.

Spoiler for 5-2 moves:
Old 2008-08-24, 10:29   Link #286
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

The second playthrough, if you use the clear data you start with what you ended.

and you can always get the "moves" (PW) later.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:29   Link #287
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Speaking of which...question on the accumulation of levels and moves. If you play through normal and then do Normal again, for the 2nd time around, do your characters start at the level they were at when you finished the 1st time? Because I note if you want to get all the SS moves, you have to play through Normal 6 times. And vice versa for the other 2 modes.
Yes. They do. Levels carry over.
Old 2008-08-24, 10:35   Link #288
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Arrr...duno if i should restart. I have been getting As all the time and i wonder if i screwed up on my chracters' skill already...
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 11:19   Link #289
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Don't restart. As you advance you will eventually get those PW you missed. Also, once you get Narukana almost nothing will be able to get in you way. Then, if you feel like having all the PW you can always play again from the Clear file since Levels and PW carry on to the next play through. 'cause you will surely only get SS ranks the if you play in the same difficulty.

Last edited by johnishida; 2008-08-24 at 12:02.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 11:39   Link #290
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

To be honest i m having problem even with minions now in mission 3-2...I think there is something wrong with my team or something, but i m just having a hard time to kill them in one battle.

My team are :

1.Nozomu, Nozomi, Satsuki
2. Sorluska, green, Katima
3. Thalia, black, white
4. Jatzeita, blue , red

Arrr i cant believe chpt 3 is so tough already...Mayb i m a bad RPG player or something lol.

Last edited by EternalNite; 2008-08-24 at 13:03.
Old 2008-08-24, 21:13   Link #291
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

No, 3-2 is a very hard mission and made even harder if your characters don't have the best moves.

Dude, it takes a while to get used to it. But you sound like you're having as much trouble as I did when I was getting by on S ranks. I think you might need to go back to 2-1 and get SS on that, just for the sake of confidence. Just use the strat I posted on the top of this page in the spoiler tag. It should have every detail to get an SS ranking.

And don't feel bad about having problems. I had to replay 2-1 for ages to figure out every detail to get the SS and to maximise efficiency. You theoretically could go through the game on lower ranks but missing out on those killer moves gets painful eventually. I confess on my first time round, my Satsuki couldn't beat Ruputna in that event battle before 3-1. That spurred me into going back and figuring this out.

Furthermore, I think just about anyone has asked for strat advice at some point. This is a very detailed game. So don't get down about that. I still am.

3-2 is very move reliant. Babzelad is also a freaking harsh boss if you don't have SS moves and is bad enough with them.

In Chapter 3, you get the option to AR people. And ideally, Nozomi should be AR in this chapter. I think I was using the following setups on Chapter 3.

Spoiler for chapter 3 strats:

6-1 - Yikes, no recovery points! Well, I did organise 3 teams to get around that. One thing that is confusing me though is that the guide I read through says there's something called a Mana Spring in this level, something I can use up to 4 times. What's the deal with that? Does that have something to do with the 80k+ floating mana I suddenly ended up with? Going from 0 floating mana to over 80k....that was a shock. Especially since I can't build any mana converters in 6-1 since Sands of Time looks mandatory.

Subaru - I'm a bit confused by him. His health is insanely high, he has a good all slot support attack, his defense is okayish but he doesn't have a both-type one, his attacks are only one type, but again, he does have an all slot one. Seeing Nozomi and Nozomu suddenly get 1k more hit points for this map was a pleasant surprise, then to see Subaru have that much more than Nozomi. Hmm. He may only speak to say the obvious but yike, this guy doesn't look like a weakling at all.

And a big, heartfelt thank you to those who pointed out that stupid mistake I was making. 5-2 turned into a cakewalk. I could have finished it at 865IT in the end, but I camped to extract all available floating mana and turned it in and 1065IT. Thanks for making this game fun for me again. ^^ And forgive my lapse in common sense. ><
Old 2008-08-25, 02:17   Link #292
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

I restarted the game, cuz i felt tt i m making no progress at all with my current situation in 3-2. However, my aim now is to get all "S"s rather than some crap As... Well wish me luk >.<.

Af thinking for sometime, i have come to a conclusion to play at my own pace at 1st run, i don really have to obtain the best results for 1st run, rather understand the game's functions and of course the awesome storyline .
Old 2008-08-25, 08:20   Link #293
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Important question - do you know what the IT limits for each mission are?
Old 2008-08-25, 08:47   Link #294
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Important question - do you know what the IT limits for each mission are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Walkthrough / Info site: http://narukana.basci.net/?FrontPage
That site should have most of the IP limits for each mission.
Old 2008-08-25, 08:58   Link #295
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Subaru - I'm a bit confused by him. His health is insanely high, he has a good all slot support attack, his defense is okayish but he doesn't have a both-type one, his attacks are only one type, but again, he does have an all slot one. Seeing Nozomi and Nozomu suddenly get 1k more hit points for this map was a pleasant surprise, then to see Subaru have that much more than Nozomi. Hmm. He may only speak to say the obvious but yike, this guy doesn't look like a weakling at all.
AT first, Subaru will be quite outstanding because of his ability to trash out pack of minions with a self mana link, 500 AOE and the support skill.
The issue is that Subaru will quickly lacks of flexible options and his stats suck beyond belief in normal mode (not even sure if he will be that useful in S/SH considering selkirk's comment I saw before)
Abuse him while you can, but you will quickly bench him, as he isn't exactly a trustworthy unit.
Old 2008-08-25, 09:04   Link #296
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Hoho i restarted the game and followed the guide at http://narukana.basci.net/?FrontPage.

Well i must say it really help me get all SS except for 2 missions. 1st mission( Ah crap i sux XD) and 2-4(Which i lost Nozomi to the boss >.<) Other than tt i have been getting SS. I m so happy . I cant really read Japanese but my chinese is good so i try to understand from the Kanji >.<. Now comes 3-2, one hell of a stage. Any advice on 3-2?
Old 2008-08-25, 10:23   Link #297
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
AT first, Subaru will be quite outstanding because of his ability to trash out pack of minions with a self mana link, 500 AOE and the support skill.
The issue is that Subaru will quickly lacks of flexible options and his stats suck beyond belief in normal mode (not even sure if he will be that useful in S/SH considering selkirk's comment I saw before)
Abuse him while you can, but you will quickly bench him, as he isn't exactly a trustworthy unit.
He still sucks in S/SH. Although he does have an attack is percentage damage to make him less sucky in S/SH. He's only good for his mana link :P
Old 2008-08-25, 23:29   Link #298
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
Hoho i restarted the game and followed the guide at http://narukana.basci.net/?FrontPage.

Well i must say it really help me get all SS except for 2 missions. 1st mission( Ah crap i sux XD) and 2-4(Which i lost Nozomi to the boss >.<) Other than tt i have been getting SS. I m so happy . I cant really read Japanese but my chinese is good so i try to understand from the Kanji >.<. Now comes 3-2, one hell of a stage. Any advice on 3-2?
My post a few posts ago with the spoiler tag of 'chapter 3 strats' has suitable lineups and movements and the lineup for Babzelad. However, that strat is VERY reliant on Nozomu having his 720M/320F defense and Katima having her 8%M/500F attack and probably her Final Veloctiy too. Out of interest, what moves have you taken from SS rewards? Also, which of the 6 females are you planning to follow her route with?

Question on 6-1: Do you get to switch your teams around once more when you reach the final point with Babzelad or is the battle with Shou the last chance you get?
Old 2008-08-26, 01:35   Link #299
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Ah yes i have gotten Nozomu's 720M/320F defense. Regrading to Katima's 8%M/500F, i haven gotten it. But i have got Final Velocity.

For SS rewards, i took:

Cross Divider, the 600M protect all team for Nozomi and the 720M/320F for Nozomu. For the other two stages i got S so too bad .
Old 2008-08-26, 19:14   Link #300
lightl

question finnaly getting the game next week after 2 month delay of picking it up, but, who should get it from himeyashop or hobbysearch cause they both have it instock atm , this is for the special package version any suggestion appreatied or if you know any other places to pick it up at do tell
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battle action, ero-game, eroge, fantasy, rpg, visual novel