AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-25, 11:05   Link #21
n120cky

IMO episode 3 is well slow paced episode, but I think it needed in fact that this episode build Eren determination for joining soldier and so he not become arrogant.

I never thought that Mikasa would ask Eren how short she will cut her hair, I thought she much colder than that.

And I don't understand the meaning back rub on Conny, And he (I think he is Jean) say something about trust, hope someone can explain it to me.
Old 2013-04-25, 11:21   Link #22
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
And I don't understand the meaning back rub on Conny, And he (I think he is Jean) say something about trust, hope someone can explain it to me.
he's wiping his trust away (mostly to/for eren) like some dirty filth in your hand
Old 2013-04-25, 11:38   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
IMO episode 3 is well slow paced episode, but I think it needed in fact that this episode build Eren determination for joining soldier and so he not become arrogant.

I never thought that Mikasa would ask Eren how short she will cut her hair, I thought she much colder than that.

lmao he wiped is faith in humanity, in other words lifes just not fair. Think about how he looked with he complimented Mikasa on her hair and her beauty hes obviously quite taken by her. He misunderstood and thinks Mikasa and Eren are in some sort of romantic relationship hes just jealous.
Old 2013-04-25, 11:49   Link #24
n120cky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
lmao he wiped is faith in humanity, in other words lifes just not fair. Think about how he looked with he complimented Mikasa on her hair and her beauty hes obviously quite taken by her. He misunderstood and thinks Mikasa and Eren are in some sort of romantic relationship hes just jealous.
Well I see the jealousy, so what he did to Conny is just a symbolic action . . .

Hmm second thought why would someone think about romantic relationship when they are about to put their life on killing titan . . .
Old 2013-04-25, 12:05   Link #25
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Hmm second thought why would someone think about romantic relationship when they are about to put their life on killing titan . . .
He doesn't intend to. Jean aims to join the Military Police, which is apparently based in the inner regions, presumably the area behind Wall Sina. In other words, he plans to be based as far away from titans as possible.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 12:08   Link #26
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Let's not forget that the hand Jean wipes is the same hand that touched Eren just a while before. While it was mostly a metaphorical action it also wiped away whatever particle of Eren's body that was left in it

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-25, 13:17   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Well I see the jealousy, so what he did to Conny is just a symbolic action . . .

Soldiers will always think about love/relationship or sex especially even more when they are going to be putting their life on the line. Think about the US during WWII when thousands of people got married before shipping out to fight.
Old 2013-04-25, 16:25   Link #28
Randamu
Danna

Quote:
Soldiers will always think about love/relationship or sex especially even more when they are going to be putting their life on the line.
Indeed. Plus fulfilling your sexual desire before battle increases your combat efficiency as it decreases distraction and the soldier is...well, simply...Happy.
Can you see my profile picture? Because I can't, what's the problem?
"Get ready. Put the entirety of your spirit on the line and crush them here! Even if your flesh is torn asunder, be as a steel wall down to your last shard of bone! You must not let them take even a single step into Soul Society."

NEVER FORGET Yamamoto Genryusai Shigekuni

Last edited by Randamu; 2013-04-25 at 16:46.
Randamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:48   Link #29
Entravity

Liking the anime adaptation a lot so far, and it looks like Wit Studio knows what it's doing. Looking forward to the rest.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:50   Link #30
Assort Dis

Jean in that scene was quite hilarious. He seemed to have softened up to Eren and then moments later he just wiped it all away.
Old 2013-04-27, 06:08   Link #31
oompa loompa

I'm loving this show.. theres just something.. disturbing about it that constantly keeps me on edge when I watch. This might be one of the better shounen action (maybe thats going a little far) shows well see in a while. Except for the god awful OP. The music is way overdone and I cringe everytime I see them do synchronized jumping. Otherwise this is looking pretty damn good.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 10:48   Link #32
Byakou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randamu View Post
Indeed. Plus fulfilling your sexual desire before battle increases your combat efficiency as it decreases distraction and the soldier is...well, simply...Happy.
Could go either way. A lot of mma fighters think sex before a fight is a distraction.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 11:41   Link #33
VTHokiePride

Just finished Episode 3. When I first saw how the Recon Corps fought in episode 1, it looked to me that a bunch of Spidermen with swords were fighting the Titan.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:14   Link #34
Destined_Fate

Quote:

As I've been through Boot Camp and there were women there(Army, Fort Sill OK. We trained alongside women which was something we weren't told before hand so we had to... Adjust. In the end it worked out and I gained a ton of respect for what women can do even in what's widely considered a man's career.)...

I understand what he's going through.

I even had a Boot Camp Girlfriend.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 20:13   Link #35
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I decided to watch the anime, I just watched episode 1, and honestly ...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-10-08, 00:36   Link #36
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

To You, 2000 Years in the Future. The Fall of Zhiganshina - Part 1

The first of two posts for my review on the first episode.

Post #1
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=556

Post #2
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=620
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 11:13   Link #37
Internet Swag

Why was Eren crying in Episode 1?
Internet Swag is offline   Reply With Quote