AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-06-13, 08:24   Link #53361
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

Is there any badblood in here with the Light Novel?
False Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 08:28   Link #53362
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal-Throne View Post
Yes, it is here. Welcome to the forums.

Here, you can find some authors here from fanfiction.net . That website is where we can read fanfiction.

I , Eternal Conqueror, is an author from fanfiction.net and dA. I work on other story areas such as Infinite Stratos, Naruto, etc.

So to start off, here`s the link of Infinite Stratos in ff.net

By the way, feel free to ask any questions related to IS fanfic.
Also, hello, im bitmeister, im occasionally doing some grammar amd spelling correction for some of these guys since im one of few on here whose first language is english. This means im up really late to talk to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
With some of us. I, personally, like it, but other people (coughcoughtempestcoughcough) hate it with every fiber in their body.
bitmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 08:31   Link #53363
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
We love to hate it because the novel didn't live up to it's potential

But as much as people hate novel, anyone not Japanese probably pissed off by the second season beyond the seven hell's worth of fire.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:32   Link #53364
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hey, I am not the worst one of the bunch. And I can't hate it too much - I only gather enough info to make decisions on how to advance the Orimu-cest plot.

2nd season anime...? I'm drawing a blank... 0.0...
Old 2014-06-13, 08:34   Link #53365
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Okay, I dare ask...

You guys know exactly what's going on in Vol. 9?
It'll probably make your blood boil and veins explode.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:36   Link #53366
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hey, I am not the worst one of the bunch. And I can't hate it too much - I only gather enough info to make decisions on how to advance the Orimu-cest plot.
oh god... How was I not informed of this? Please dont give me details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
We love to hate it because the novel didn't live up to it's potential

But as much as people hate novel, anyone not Japanese probably pissed off by the second season beyond the seven hell's worth of fire.
Well, im sorry to say this guys, but lets just say I rewatch the anime about every month...
Old 2014-06-13, 08:42   Link #53367
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet. Or at least gouge your own eyes out and maybe stab your eardrums.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 08:47   Link #53368
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's all about personal opinion anyway. People here are critical because they write stories themselves, and there's also issue of perceived cultural barrier between people outside and inside Japan.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:48   Link #53369
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

Personally, from the moment I start watched the show, I've already known that Infinite Stratos is not about mecha war or something in the line of it. I think it's simply some romance comedy with a touch of science fiction. The only flaw of it is that the author pushes everything too far, like Ichika's obviousess, or the harem's violence acts. And the generic-ness, according to the critics (but isn't like a lot of light novels are?)

Anyway, I probably start with my first idea. I've mostly been doing stories about sitcom shows, and one particular idea I like is that a young Ichika got lost in New York and was picked up by the cast of How I Met Your Mother.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:49   Link #53370
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm surprised you haven't killed yourself yet. Or at least gouge your own eyes out and maybe stab your eardrums.
Well, I focus on the good parts. I watch it not for a source of info on the story line, but for inspiration.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:53   Link #53371
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The problem is that he's trying to push so many genres at once but mismanaging every single event. Basically, he thinks something is a good idea then puts it down. He has no eloquence as to the sequence of events and basically, I'm not even sure if I'm using the term right, ham-fistedly smacking the plot along instead of nudge-nudge develop develop.

You keep getting new stuff while the old stuff rots. You keep making rules that enforce the status quo but you're writing things that contradict those rules without proper explanation.

EDIT:Wait? Did I say smack the plot along? I mean choke it out in the middle of the sun for a few seconds before throwing it back into a box then shoving it down a deep dark hole and cover it in cement and make sure that it doesn't see the sun until conveniently needed. Which then at the moment it IS needed it is choked again.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:55   Link #53372
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Personally, from the moment I start watched the show, I've already known that Infinite Stratos is not about mecha war or something in the line of it. I think it's simply some romance comedy with a touch of science fiction. The only flaw of it is that the author pushes everything too far, like Ichika's obviousess, or the harem's violence acts. And the generic-ness, according to the critics (but isn't like a lot of light novels are?)

Anyway, I probably start with my first idea. I've mostly been doing stories about sitcom shows, and one particular idea I like is that a young Ichika got lost in New York and was picked up by the cast of How I Met Your Mother.
Sorry to poke holes in your plot, but IS occurs in around 2025, and you would have to assume ichika knows VERY basic english at the least.
Old 2014-06-13, 09:05   Link #53373
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitmeister View Post
Sorry to poke holes in your plot, but IS occurs in around 2025, and you would have to assume ichika knows VERY basic english at the least.
I always assume he did since while everyone in Academy speak Japanese, their text are all written in British-English.

Now, as for WHY it has to be sictom family show, I'm curious...
Old 2014-06-13, 09:15   Link #53374
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I can agree that Ichika knowing the playbook is better than normal ichika.
Old 2014-06-13, 09:23   Link #53375
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

Well, I plan it to be in 2031. Robin and Ted started dating again, but there was a bit lingering on Robin's side: She just didn't know would she be a good mother for Ted's children.

On the other side, Lily was getting pregnant again, but she was too old for the fourth child, and the first three had already exhausted both her and Marshall. So they faced with the choice of abortion or keep the child.

And Barney, he was diagnosed with cancer and thus could only lived for a few months. Decided to dedicate himself for a "Legendary Year" and his bucket list (including things like Reconnect with Ellie's mother, taking down GNB,...).

And Little Ichika would be the reference, their theoretical point for decision.
Old 2014-06-13, 09:28   Link #53376
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So it's not even comedic....
Old 2014-06-13, 09:34   Link #53377
False Prophet
Suffer in Lake of Fire

The comedic part is mostly with Barney, while I keep the family elements for the Eriksen's and Mosby's.
Old 2014-06-13, 09:36   Link #53378
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I'm not QUITE familiar with the show, what it being American centric. But either way, ask us anything.

One of us probably can help in a way or another.
Old 2014-06-13, 11:24   Link #53379
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I am familiar with that show but I 'd never think to integrate Ichika into it - just seems...weird.
Old 2014-06-13, 12:02   Link #53380
bitmeister
Expert Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I can agree that Ichika knowing the playbook is better than normal ichika.
He doesnt need it considering he would be a 22 year old who can attract women like a huge magnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I am familiar with that show but I 'd never think to integrate Ichika into it - just seems...weird.
I agree, I does seem wierd.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest