AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 03:33   Link #161
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

According to Moonphase, it will premiere in October.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 10:28   Link #162
SidVicious
Anime addict

New counter reached zero and we can see Shadow Yukiko on the TV.
Old 2011-04-15, 13:19   Link #163
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
New counter reached zero and we can see Shadow Yukiko on the TV.
Think I missed it...dang.

That's cos it seems there is another countdown on http://mayonaka-tv.jp .

EDIT: Looking at it, it seems as though there wasn't a lot of video before the 3rd countdown began:

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-04-15 at 13:37.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 14:08   Link #164
tsunade666

I wonder when will it be aired. I completely forgotten already the events or just the dates of the event. But what even happen in October or the starting of fall season? I wish they will air this year.

EDIT: ---------------_____________------------- 0-o Did I just saw Yukiko doing moe moe kyun? looking back at the date........... oh... right.
Old 2011-04-15, 22:09   Link #165
YaminoSeigi

I hope the anime could have some focus on Persona battle since the anime would be all drama without this. Also i wish the MC is not stuck only with Izanagi
Old 2011-04-16, 08:14   Link #166
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaminoSeigi View Post
I hope the anime could have some focus on Persona battle since the anime would be all drama without this. Also i wish the MC is not stuck only with Izanagi
Perhaps at the end he could level up to Izanagi to Izanagi no Okami.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 10:02   Link #167
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Another trailer has just come on the TV thanks to the 3rd countdown.

There's also confirmation that Izanagi will be making an appearance in the anime too.

Seriously, this looks totally awesome

EDIT: Video for those who missed it:

Last edited by viperdk1; 2011-04-16 at 10:53.
Old 2011-04-16, 11:49   Link #168
tsunade666

Awesome Pv. Lots of animated stuff are not the one from the game. Specially Izanagi hacking down those annoying twin thing monster that always had resistance to physical attacks.
Old 2011-04-16, 12:21   Link #169
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

>DAT Music
Okay...I thought they were going to re-used the music from the game, but guess I was wrong ;_;
And duh, I just realized that Aniplex is taking part with this anime

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 12:35   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Trailer looked damn good. I think the animation here actually looked better than the animated cutscenes from the game. Of course, it's just a trailer, so I won't get my hopes too much yet.
Old 2011-04-16, 12:52   Link #171
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Looks like they're using gradients like the ones the character portraits had.

I'm excited now. AIC ASTA does pretty good stuff in terms of art and animation, and the music and sound should be fine, so it's just up to the director/storyboarder/etc.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 13:47   Link #172
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Looking at the trailer again, it all looks very similar to the animated cutscenes in Persona 4 - and given what I think of the animated cutscenes in P4 to begin with, that can only be a good thing.

I was honestly worried when I looked at the p4a website and saw the (what can only be described as) bizarre drawings of the four main characters, but this trailer puts my fears to rest

The music (especially the section between 0:24 and 0:43) is utterly fantastic, too - though part of me thinks that is purely for the trailer (and that the anime will re-use some of the music from the game - though that isn't a bad thing by any means. Some of the music in P4 is downright awesome ).

In other news, there is yet another countdown on the Midnight Channel (http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/).
Old 2011-04-16, 13:48   Link #173
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Awesome Pv. Lots of animated stuff are not the one from the game. Specially Izanagi hacking down those annoying twin thing monster that always had resistance to physical attacks.
i sense a reference of a OOOLLLLDDDD horror movie
Old 2011-04-16, 15:27   Link #174
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think the animation here actually looked better than the animated cutscenes from the game.
No "think" here, it does look better. Those scenes from the PV are from the early stages of the story, though i still have my hopes up that the this production value will be for the whole show.

& new Shoji Meguro material, yes!
Old 2011-04-16, 16:12   Link #175
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Trailer looks good =03. Glad they're keeping the game's char designs unlike some other show *coughcoughptrinitysoulcoughcough* which prevented me from watching it. Seeing Chie grab Teddie gets me giddy for how the school trip ep will be =03.

Kinda hate that name though. Souji Seta sounds MUCH cooler and 'original' in my book.

I'm kinda worried about the MC talking though. Generally when I play a game with silent protagonists, I have to generate his/her personality based on how other chars interact with him/her. I just hope I can get accustomed to him talking fast. I don't want too many of "he wouldn't say that" moments in my head =0\.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:26   Link #176
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'm kinda worried about the MC talking though. Generally when I play a game with silent protagonists, I have to generate his/her personality based on how other chars interact with him/her. I just hope I can get accustomed to him talking fast. I don't want too many of "he wouldn't say that" moments in my head =0\.
Who knows, he could still be the cool silent type (well that's how I imagined him...).
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 16:41   Link #177
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by donquigleone View Post
Who knows, he could still be the cool silent type (well that's how I imagined him...).
Lol, well, he IS a silent protagonist , but yeah, I've imagined him that way as well, usually having stoic facial expressions while processing all his emotions mentally =03.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 18:27   Link #178
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

I also had this kind of problem on the manga. He had many lines on it. And just imagining him talk and talk is different from the impression you get when playing.

well ... you just pick a choice and blurted it out in the game and give reasoning when the others are silent.
Old 2011-04-16, 19:04   Link #179
GreatTeacherKen

Well the Gungrave anime still turned out well even though its protagonist Brandon Heat barely talks and he doesn't speak at all in the game, except one line in the sequel. Brandon still manages to be an interesting and well-developed character even though he's the quietest cast member.

They can get away with having the protagonist be the relatively cool and silent type, but he'd still have to say more than just a few lines if they want to make his interaction with the other characters convincing in a non-interactive medium such as anime.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 19:12   Link #180
Westlo
Lets be reality

The thing is in game "you're him", you can exactly pull that off with an anime. If he has no personality that people won't get attached to him if they haven't already played Persona 4. Not exactly a recipe for success when it comes to anime.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy