AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 09:10   Link #181
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Finally, as a nitpick, this doesn't look like JC Staff production. As part of the reason I'm a big fan of them, I actually prefer their 'retro' look like the ones they did in Bakuman and Little Busters. >_>

I think for a show like this where tons of people are on the fence or simple overlooking it, the retro look wouldn't have helped sell it

Plus it's Dengeki and co. that's funding them, so it has to look like Shana/Index/Toradora at it's best
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 09:38   Link #182
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Man, I LIIIKE this. Lead guy's tsukkomi delivery is hilarious, Shiina is gorgeous, and the other characters are unique too. Kinda reminds me a little of Honey and Clover, but less adult.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 10:18   Link #183
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

The constant tsukkomi near the end was kinda tough to listen to, but I like the energy and I'm interested to see what they do with the cast. Can't wait until the next episode.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 10:39   Link #184
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Seems a generic harem with some generic clichè (childhood friend + gay mc + some crazy side characters), but art is very good and plotline is average and fun.
There are no childhood friends in this show (jin and Misaki are to each other but not to mc).
Old 2012-10-09, 11:12   Link #185
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

The 1st episode was decent... Let's see what they will make of this nut house that they live in.
Old 2012-10-09, 12:03   Link #186
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I remember reading the first chapter of the manga, and colour me confused when Aoyama showed up. Who the heck is this girl? Seems pretty important considering you know, she's part of the reason why Hikari got picked up, but got omitted in that version.
Yeah I'm not sure which is closer to the novels (any novel readers out there?) but they're doing things differently that's for sure.

The basics are the same but a whole lot of details are different.
Old 2012-10-09, 12:54   Link #187
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Excellent first impression. The Sakurasou residents are all complete loonies ans Sorata is already in deep denial over having seen a girl naked, or finding her in a pile of her own underwear, for that matter. And Mashiro is smoking hot.

I liked the Panties Horoscope bit: "Green – a storm is coming,"
Old 2012-10-09, 13:04   Link #188
ookamigirl

What the .... is this?
Weirdest morning so far.
This anime is full of weird characters.
Typical school life mixed with a little extra.
Think I'll be skipping this one..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 13:08   Link #189
Midonin
Last Engage

I knew Misaki was going to be my favorite character from her profile alone, and having seen the actual show... she is. Though the rest of the cast is a lot of fun to watch, too. If at least a median level of comedy like we have now can be maintained, I think this is going to be a fun ride.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 14:16   Link #190
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Sorata's everyday life dealing with weird roommates and supervisor was interesting and amusing to watch. The best part of the episode for me, is when Sorata had to dress and neaten Mashiro, I couldn't stop laughing. I'm totally following this show, this is going to be awesome! Plus the protagonist is a cat lover which is a bonus for me, and all the other characters are really fun and likeable.

The visuals and coloring for the cherry blossom tree when he meets Mashiro for the time was truly pretty to look at.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-10-09 at 14:36. Reason: Spelling!
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 16:34   Link #191
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Though the vibrant colors do remind me of madhouse productions (like chihayafuru for example) and the director has been working at Madhouse her whole career so I wonder if there's a link there.
Excellent observation. In fact, they outsourced the photography/composite work to Madbox, which is the company that usually handles post-production for Madhouse (where they spun off from; today, they're owned by NTV as well).

That would explain similarities in filtering techniques.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 16:50   Link #192
Ghanw
(-_-)

Besides the overall summary on page one, what happens in later volumes in the LN series, i like the anime just want to see how from the story progresses.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 16:50   Link #193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
The constant tsukkomi near the end was kinda tough to listen to, but I like the energy and I'm interested to see what they do with the cast. Can't wait until the next episode.
All that energy saving from SAO, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu sure is going wild in this series

Also, I did a double take when I saw Shiina's manga sketches- I could have SWORN the female character she drew looks strikingly similar to Chitanda Eru
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 17:57   Link #194
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Excellent observation. In fact, they outsourced the photography/composite work to Madbox, which is the company that usually handles post-production for Madhouse (where they spun off from; today, they're owned by NTV as well).

That would explain similarities in filtering techniques.
Nice catch!Helps make things feel more concrete.

I'll continue the madhouse connection with Rintaro (one of the cofounders of Madhouse) storyboarding the ED.
Old 2012-10-09, 18:48   Link #195
HandofFate

The energetic girl is great. Too bad she isn't the main heroine.
Didn't know about this series and just randomly watched it when I saw it on the list.

Kind of reminds as a crazier hybrid of Honey & Clover + Love Hina
Old 2012-10-09, 21:52   Link #196
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Shiina is awesone
Cats are a bonus, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
1. Poor guy. Waking up with a cat's ass in your face REALLY doesn't seem like a fun way to start the day. I probably would've washed my face afterwards though. Just saying, seems like a good idea.

2. Spring onion innuendo. That's new. Anime's ruining food for me these days, I can't even have a simple meal without being reminded of male reproductive organs.

That last sentence sounds really bad out of context.

3. Our MC spends a good 8 seconds staring at Shiina's naked body before reacting. Hmm. Either he needs his reflexes checked, or he knew EXACTLY what he was looking at.

4. Culture shock. Yeah, I've never been to England before either, but I'm pretty sure they wear clothes there.

Also, I'm wondering that that statue of the guy pointing meant. It looked pretty significant.
1. I think he's used to that

2. Thinking of male reproductive organs is no fun more me, I prefer female ones

3. I'd be staring quite a bit more than 8 seconds XD

4. The wearing of clothes is supposedly quite widespread, regardless of country - or so I've heard
Old 2012-10-09, 22:06   Link #197
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sorata waking up to a cat on his face and next to an ass not to bad to wake up to

Spoiler for Mashiro:
Old 2012-10-09, 23:52   Link #198
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

The emotion-less trying to be moe chick just is so meh for me. Its like been there, done that. What stands out for me is the rest of the characters, and really brings out the potential for this series. The MC isn't bad himself....
Old 2012-10-10, 00:09   Link #199
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Holy crap, that must have been the most annoying genki girl ever, or whatever the hell she was, it started well with a nice ass shot, but honestly she should have stayed sleeping. Just went downhill when she started to open her mouth.

Wasn't really too big of a fan of the first episode, introduction was generic and Mashiro looks really pretty, but a bit too airheaded for my liking. Could be cute if we go down a certain route of development, I can hope. I like silent moe, but hopefully it's not the overly robotic kind.

It also looks really good; better than JC's other show. Also, multiple instances of dat ass which did not block me with censor beams of doom, so that's fine too. I might keep watching this.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:14   Link #200
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
At first I thought it was just me and thought there were way too many innuendos and "perv" scenes and I thought I was just over thinking them... but then I remembered who the series composer for this series was. . Granted I did chuckle at a couple of them... like the "leaving it on my old man's testicle" line or the "you're only allowed to be turned on by vegetables till you're out of middle school". Ah well... creative perv is better than caveman perv I suppose...

But yeh, I'm laughing my ass off now because this show looks better than Little Busters.

Not sure if going to continue. I'll give it more one episode.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life