AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-15, 00:25   Link #2801
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I saw the Lv.6 discussion, and feel I should toss this in.
Like how Dark Matter and Accelerator both contains certain angelic property.
Lv.6, the SYSTEM, is also known as "He who not a god that reached the will of heaven"

Take it however you will, but I have this feeling Dark Matter and Accelerator are all buildings blocks to construct the SYSTEM by piling all their angelic property together. Perhaps, Lv.6 is the very world of AIM that Aleister is trying to create.
Old 2010-04-15, 01:24   Link #2802
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@for someone mentioning Christian Studies in the East
Well, you should look at the Philippines. Christianity there is srs bsns. (Ah, I'd like to see how that country translates to the Toaru Universe. Animist-Christians, anyone? )
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-15, 04:20   Link #2803
LockeManuel

Off-topic...

I'm reading the news on Haimura-sensei's webpage.

Looks like "Toaru Majutsu no Indekkuchu 2" will be delayed again...
Old 2010-04-15, 04:24   Link #2804
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
about Christianity in Japanese people...

Japanese didn't take religion as a serious matter, they celebrate almost any religion red calendar

I ask my friends in Japan and he replies that my question can give me trouble, since Japanese didn't sure about their religion either, that a sensitive topic. They celebrate Christmas and the same time they also celebrate Shinto's (mix of Budha and Animism) holy day.

Except Japanese Moslems, they can't answer correctly about their own religion. Celebrate Christmas but didn't go to Church , they go to shrine instead.

Look like To Aru Verse also affected by this "ignorance".
Yeah! for Christian's follower this may be become something annoying, since they thought about how glorious their religion are..but for Japanese...as long as it's didn't give any significant effect to their tradition...it's can be compromised

It's easier to explain it with Example.Some of example is, this manga:
1.Saint Tail : a Thief and a Nun.....
2.Seikon no Qwaser : one of them use cross as Scythce
3.Hellsing : Vampire and Vatican?....
4.Strawbery Panic : Lesbianism in errr...christian school(???)

see?
never serious about religion
Old 2010-04-15, 05:30   Link #2805
sangkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_ping View Post
you are god sent!!!!
Old 2010-04-15, 05:45   Link #2806
LastResolve

btw kakine is just a brain now right? cant he create a body made of dark matter?
Old 2010-04-15, 06:04   Link #2807
Sixth
Hu Tao

Since I haven't completely into this series...I wonder, what kind of system that those mages use to classify someone ability/power level? From the lowest to the highest.

In science side, They use Level 1-5 system..
Old 2010-04-15, 07:27   Link #2808
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Is there such a hierarchy? All we know is that generally, mages have a certain Sorcery Name to identify themselves with. Even Oriana Thompson, a mercenary magician has one (Basis104) so it can't possibly have anything to do with which organization you belong to. That is, excluding the term "Saints" for exceptional magicians with "blessed" bodies.

Kakine can still create Dark Matter AFAIK, but only while he (or what remains of him) stays chilled and wired up to lots of equipment.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-04-15, 07:31   Link #2809
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is there such a hierarchy? All we know is that generally, mages have a certain Sorcery Name to identify themselves with. Even Oriana Thompson, a mercenary magician has one (Basis104) so it can't possibly have anything to do with which organization you belong to. That is, excluding the term "Saints" for exceptional magicians with "blessed" bodies.

Kakine can still create Dark Matter AFAIK, but only while he (or what remains of him) stays chilled and wired up to lots of equipment.
So there isn't a way to judge the strength of the mages....unless in the battle?
Old 2010-04-15, 07:40   Link #2810
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Nope. Because of the different kinds of spells, different kinds of incantation styles and different kinds of fighting styles and application of magic, it's practically very difficult to judge a mage's strength on what you see... or even know, if it does not give enough details.

But experienced mages could be able to track down how a certain spell works and counter it when he/she sees how it works, just like how Motoharu and Stiyl try to track Oriana using the same defensive spell she uses against them (see Teh_Ping's Volume 9 translation.). This, however, requires trial and error, risk taking and lots of decision making.

Old 2010-04-15, 08:05   Link #2811
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
For those who read the novel,

is Misaka getting weaker or overshadowed by a lot of power user in term of fighting ability or she still able to stand equal them? Simply put, how often that she jobbed so far?
Misaka's power never changed. However, the truth is because she hasn't gotten into a fight with any really powerful opponent that can put her through her paces.

Kuroko has Awaki.
Kaori has Aqua.
Accelerator has Kakine.

But every fight Mikoto was in has her winning by a landslide because they were not an even match.

Quote:
and for Kuroko, did she also got her ass kicked as well as the series progress?
Once. Volume 8. Afterwards she didn't appear much.

Quote:
by the way, what is chances for Touma to end up with Misaka anyways?
I don't think Vegas give odds for that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Not to mention these two are going to have a strong rival, and since is the novel thread, it's going to be Itsuwa. My reasoning is because in the novels she clearly shows how she feels about Touma (remember Volume 16, gentlemen?).
Hmm, until I read the actual volume I can't say for certain, but it's weird for me to accept that one girl who just very recently appeared, would overtake both Index and Mikoto in the running.

Same thing with Kaori, her appearance at all is a rarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

Quick question: The Apostle's Cross Benefits everyone, but in such a way as to benefit the Roman Catholics the most, right? I least that's what I think it meant.
That's about it. When activated, The ground on which the Saint Peter's Cross stands will become a 'Holy Ground' for the Rome Catholics, anything and everything that happens in that Holy Ground will benefit them, even if the receivers aren't Rome Catholic themselves.

Of course, there is a catch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
it seems like Touma didn't know anything about peter or the vatican. Are Japanese students that ignorant of Christianity and the Vatican or did Touma lost that knowledge of it form his memory loss?
To be honest, most of this stuff I've read on wiki and had no prior knowledge or interest before the series... >.>
Old 2010-04-15, 08:33   Link #2812
ReddyRedWolf

According to studies Japan is one of the most non-religious countries in the world. Non-religious does not mean they are Atheist per se just Secular.

You have to understand the effect of losing WW2 for the Japanese. The Emperor is not merely royalty but a spiritual leader and living god. But this does not mean Japanese are religious fanatics. Political matters are the purview of the Shogunate later the politicians. There being a common sense that a spiritual leader should not delve into politics.

There are always intelligentsia that questioned the divinity of the Emperor. At the time they were a minority and is severely repressed.

When Japan surrendered Emperor Hirohito had to declare he was not a god but merely a man. Centuries of religious belief and indoctrinization was shattered. When Japan went out to conquer Asia they beleived it was their divine destiny. But the loss of the war and Hirohito's announcement was a major slap of reality for the Japanese people. For the Japanese back then they did everything for the Emperor. They fought and died in his name.

From this well Japan moved on. Hence its notorious non-religious state.

As for the Philippines which was mentioned it is the oddball of South East Asia being its majority are Christians. Most of which are Catholics at 80.9% the rest are other Christian denominations and indigenous peoples. Muslims are only 5%. Cultural speaking Filipinos and Japanese are opposites when it comes to socializing with foreigners. Japanese are notorious for isolationist attitudes some bordering racism. Filipinos well there is food and there is beer come join the party at their own hearths. But the attitudes does speak about each culture's proneness to invasion and occupation. The Philippines was prone to being invaded being too nice. Japan well never been really occupied except by the Americans.
Old 2010-04-15, 09:53   Link #2813
sandman64

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockeManuel View Post
Off-topic...

I'm reading the news on Haimura-sensei's webpage.

Looks like "Toaru Majutsu no Indekkuchu 2" will be delayed again...
As in season 2 of Index? Can you or someone give a more detailed transcript of waht was said? I use the subpar Google Transalte and this mess comes up:

Quote:
Held "COMIC1 4 ☆", but distribution is 有Rimasen new book. The irregularities are most likely to be absent Yes also the venue of the booths on the day.
... Deadline was too late. Orz Sunmasen

[Audio 』way to name the new newly finished pages, all transcripts present (put pen) is in full throttle.
Soon became apparent after the draft distribution event, and our page TOP "other coterie" will be announced at the page.
Old 2010-04-15, 10:32   Link #2814
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman64 View Post
As in season 2 of Index? Can you or someone give a more detailed transcript of waht was said? I use the subpar Google Transalte and this mess comes up:
Toaru Majutsu no Indekkuchu is actually a doujin drawn & written by Haimura himself. It's actually a parody about a mini cat Index and the casts of To Aru.
The message actually say the 2nd volume of the Indekkuchu series is delayed.
Old 2010-04-15, 11:54   Link #2815
sandman64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Toaru Majutsu no Indekkuchu is actually a doujin drawn & written by Haimura himself. It's actually a parody about a mini cat Index and the casts of To Aru.
Ah, thanks for the clear up.

I didn't know that artist made a doujin! I like his art for the light novel so I'll check it out.
Old 2010-04-15, 11:55   Link #2816
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

The author needs to stay away for Natsu-san for awhile.

Neko Misaka vs Neko Arc
Old 2010-04-15, 12:37   Link #2817
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmm, until I read the actual volume I can't say for certain, but it's weird for me to accept that one girl who just very recently appeared, would overtake both Index and Mikoto in the running.

Same thing with Kaori, her appearance at all is a rarity.
Isn't that called unexpected darkhorse?? Well, when it comes to rarities no one is better than people like Kamachi in those aspect. Take for example the case of Shiage, when he was introduced after vol.13 and then got protagonic roles since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman64 View Post

I didn't know that artist made a doujin! I like his art for the light novel so I'll check it out.
If you like his art you can try Maid Deka light novels which also are made by Haimura.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-04-15 at 16:23. Reason: typo
Old 2010-04-15, 12:54   Link #2818
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Misaka's power never changed. However, the truth is because she hasn't gotten into a fight with any really powerful opponent that can put her through her paces.

Kuroko has Awaki.
Kaori has Aqua.
Accelerator has Kakine.

But every fight Mikoto was in has her winning by a landslide because they were not an even match.
Not only that, but Mikoto has lived a very sheltered life. Back in the first novel, she really believed she was the strongest until Touma came around.

Hopefully, she'll come across an army of Misaka Worsts and become a little more creative with her powers.
Old 2010-04-15, 13:24   Link #2819
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Not only that, but Mikoto has lived a very sheltered life. Back in the first novel, she really believed she was the strongest until Touma came around.

Hopefully, she'll come across an army of Misaka Worsts and become a little more creative with her powers.
Well, she knew she was the third strongest, and that she had no chance against Accel.

If Railgun is any indication, she is very creative with her powers, its just that she very rarely if at all gets to show off her full strength. Something that seems set to change.
Old 2010-04-15, 14:19   Link #2820
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
great, just when I thought I'm lucky, Ilost vol1 of this doujin... can you share the 1st volume of this doujin to me?, my HDD fry because a fight yesterday
(I slamming my PC to my opponent head since he so persistent to attack me, even when I'm in my room)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen