AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-09, 14:23   Link #201
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of which, the earrings were provided by Grace, who probably installed new memories to Sheryl. Otherwise, I doubt she already had those earrings as her flashbacks shown her absent with them. Or if they are indeed from Sheryl's mom, her mom wouldn't be Grace, and definitely not Ranshe. I don't think it'd be difficult to think of her as an adoptive child of Mao, who bestowed her a last name. - Tak
Oh, that would be totally enough for me. It´d be a payoff of some sort to the mass of coincidences we´ve gotten until now.

Although I´d love to see a "long-lost sisters getting reunited" scene with Sheryl and Ranka . ( I wrote "Sheryl and Alto" the first time. LOL! ).

Quote:
I do not understand why people would relate Ranshe to Sheryl. It does not work at all. I mean, obviously people are making a lot less connections between Elmo and a certain NUNS Supreme Commander.
Because there is some evidence to come to this conclusion. Doesn´t mean it´s true, but it is fun to speculate and it is not totally out there. I´m beginning to lean more towards Sheryl being related to Mao, because Ranshe obviously was known by Ozma and we never saw Sheryl in the flashbacks.

And I´d imagine that if Breetai and Elmo are somehow related, that would cause good old Breetai some discomfort if Elmo ever comes up in conversations.

What is the life-span of a Zentradi, anyway? Breetai should be pretty darn old by now, if he still lives....
Old 2008-08-09, 14:26   Link #202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And I´d imagine that if Breetai and Elmo are somehow related, that would cause good old Breetai some discomfort if Elmo ever comes up in conversations.

What is the life-span of a Zentradi, anyway? Breetai should be pretty darn old by now, if he still lives....
Under proper conditioning, they can go on for thousands and thousands and thousands of years as shown in DYRL. Or in the case of 7, notice how Folmo really didn't age at all since his DYRL days.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 14:28   Link #203
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

damn Alto sure hit the Jakpot Now. With the prize is Two Fabulous Songstress. oi Alto I suggets You to marry them. oh and be sure that the law there is not prohibited the Poligamy action. hehehe damn Lucky Bastard that Alto guy
Old 2008-08-09, 14:40   Link #204
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well with the number of men killed in action due to the war, it might be socially acceptible to marry more than one woman to, um repopulate the species.
Old 2008-08-09, 15:02   Link #205
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Quote:
If Millia is an example, no one really knows how long a natural Zentran life span is
Old 2008-08-09, 15:03   Link #206
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
If Millia is an example, no one really knows how long a natural Zentran life span is
Then again Max hadn´t aged much in about fourty years, either. ^^
Old 2008-08-09, 15:16   Link #207
Tak

Quote:
Then again Max hadn´t aged much in about fourty years, either. ^^
I think thats accomplished by simply having regular... intimate interactions with a Meltlandi.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 15:20   Link #208
magnuskn

Quote:
I think thats accomplished by simply having regular... intimate interactions with a Meltlandi.

- Tak
Well, that´s one more reasons to cozy up to them.
Old 2008-08-09, 16:37   Link #209
Traece
:cool:

Mm... I was sort of hoping for something romantic to happen this episode but instead Alto's brother ruined it. So now he's my new least favorite Macross character. Congrats on ruining what could've been a perfect episode. v_v...

All things considered... I suppose I shouldn't be suprised over all this Grace conspiracy crap but even so it's a little amazing that she has gone and orchestrated all this stuff. Done all these different things. Plus, now she's condemned Sheryl to death and they'll have to find some sort of Magical Anime Idol Cure-All...

At least we got to watch stuff blow up... Any else jaw-drop when they saw Frontier fire that HUGE laser? I don't care what the developers think, if the Vajra can somehow become immune to that thing, I'll eat my shirt. Seriously. Same goes for that cannon the Macross fires... How do you build up a resistance to twisty-foldy-suckyeverythinginny-super-rainbow-badass attack?
Old 2008-08-09, 16:39   Link #210
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Mm... I was sort of hoping for something romantic to happen this episode but instead Alto's brother ruined it. So now he's my new least favorite Macross character. Congrats on ruining what could've been a perfect episode. v_v...
Personally, I was just waiting for Alto to go at it. Yeah, no joke.

I was playing with the idea of Alto waking up one morning, shirtless, with Sheryl naked right beside his bed and him being dazed and confused while thinking "Did I just... score?"

- Tak

Old 2008-08-09, 16:44   Link #211
magnuskn

Quote:
Personally, I was just waiting for Alto to go at it. Yeah, no joke.

I was playing with the idea of Alto waking up one morning, shirtless, with Sheryl naked right beside his bed and him being dazed and confused while thinking "Did I just... score?"

- Tak
LOL. That would be priceless.

Of course they had to introduce that V-type disease as something which one contracts through exchange of bodily fluids, so the two of them eloping could get... difficult.
Old 2008-08-09, 17:28   Link #212
Tabris

Quote:
Ack... there´s another thing which could count as a plot-hole. When Ranka gets her "glowing belly-contractions" during the Vajra wipe-out, shouldn´t the whole military brass and everybody who had a feed of the transmission have seen that? Is that going to be handwaved like the "She emits fold-waves? How?" - "We don´t know."-"Oh, well then." thing from episode 16?
I was thinking that too, I saw it and thought...well, she's on a live feed, surely someone on Frontier should be aware that something was up. No biggy if they don't explain it soon though, everyone will find out her link eventually, some way or another.

Last edited by Tabris; 2008-08-09 at 18:31.
Old 2008-08-09, 19:19   Link #213
Wesley84

I liked this episode. The dramatic bits with Sheryl, Michael, and Klan were pretty useless, though getting some background information on Sheryl was interesting. Grace has villianess mannerisms, but I don't think she's a villian for picking up a diseased, ungrateful slum baby, promoting her to stardom, and breaking it to her that she's not going to be alive for much longer. Sure, she didn't soften the blow any, but Sheryl's an easy person to despise if you ask me. Hell, she was even alone as a homeless brat with no homeless brat friends. Sticking it to Sheryl was probably a very satisfying thing to do after putting up with her for so fucking long.

I liked their plan to use Ranka as a decoy. I was worried they'd try to wage an actual war, but attempting a clean escape makes a ton more sense, and is something Ranka would probably have fewer inhibitions with.

Also, I think it's funny how the President seems to regard the Vajra as just a bump in the road. I guess someone has to think long term, and it makes sense he'd be the one to do it.
Old 2008-08-09, 19:52   Link #214
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I liked this episode.
Liked
Wesley84
Liked
Wesley84
Liked
Wesley84

:e yespin::eyespi n::ey ebrow:

WHAT!?

One thing I liked, how Brera's cockpit didn't have any distortions from folding (I know, I know, it's generated and that's not what his cockpit looks like), but neither he or the Vajra eggs had a fold ghost or w/e they are.
Old 2008-08-09, 20:18   Link #215
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Liked
Wesley84
Liked
Wesley84
Liked
Wesley84

:e yespin::eyespi n::ey ebrow:

WHAT!?

One thing I liked, how Brera's cockpit didn't have any distortions from folding (I know, I know, it's generated and that's not what his cockpit looks like), but neither he or the Vajra eggs had a fold ghost or w/e they are.
Grace sticking it to Sheryl, the Vajra pretty much having their way with the military, while having a tangible strategy in place for a change, and seeing Battle 25 fire it's main gun were real treats.
Old 2008-08-09, 20:50   Link #216
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

From Elmo's conversation in convincing Ozma of letting him manage Ranka, Elmo said he was there in Space War 1 hearing Minmays song.

I don't know if he was part of Vrlithwai's Adolclass fleet but I find it haerd to believe they are from the same clone line.

Major Ohgathwai is obviously Vrlitthwai's clone brother.

I consider Richard Bilrer closer to Elmo geneticly. Though if they are from the same clone line eccentricity and hard working dreamer appears to be a characteristic.

Quamzin and Temzin line on the otherhand are geneticly insubordinate jerks who love fighting.

I feel sorry for Temzin as it appears the Laplapiz line is rare. Making thei own culture.
Old 2008-08-09, 22:48   Link #217
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Spoiler:

Let the discussion begin. ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine print
The main purpose of this module is multiple copying of layers from your After Effect project with progressive changing of their geometric properties. Here you may create very sophisticated geometric patterns that may be used either for further use in your composition or for transparency masks. Those masks you might want to use in cutting through ofother objects, layers or ____ . In a new layer apply our effect Panopticum Array. You will see that the layer has become transparent. Now you need to choose an object that will be duplicated. Create or import any image into your project.

ROFL cookies for whoever can tell which manual they copy paste

totally offtopic, kinda nice to have those icon horizontally for their IE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Spoiler for big picture:

Sheryl Nome as a child in a hospital being treated supposedly for the V type virus. Results in a thesis done at Galaxy fleet the year is 2053. So 6 years after the initial study of the V-Type virus with Dr. Mao Nome, Sheryl is being studied for this same virus after being found on in the slums on the Galaxy by Grace. The implications that Grace took a homeless child off the streets to simply experiment on her with new forms of V-Type virus strains in order to publish a thesis on the subject and to come up with alternate ways of using the virus is too great. This will probably be a key factor in future episodes.
Or she was a healthy girl but got infected ( ) during that test
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-10, 01:03   Link #218
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Or she was a healthy girl but got infected ( ) during that test
That actually makes a good lot more sense, if she is just a random girl Grace found in that alley.

If she is a survivor of the 117th fleet and somehow related to Mao Nome, her having contracted the disease in some sort of lab accident would make much more sense. ^^
Old 2008-08-10, 01:09   Link #219
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

True, but as you said, her full history is yet to be reveal, so there's a slight chance of her to be a total random girl by luck in that alley
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-08-10, 01:24   Link #220
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
True, but as you said, her full history is yet to be reveal, so there's a slight chance of her to be a total random girl by luck in that alley
Sadly, yes. I still point to the mountain of circumstancial evidence though, and assert that something is still not told about Sheryls ancestry.

Y'know.... http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2703868
Closed Thread