AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2023-01-29, 19:34   Link #1
AnimeFan188

Super Mario Bros. Movie

The latest ‘Super Mario Bros. Movie’ trailer pits Cat Mario against Donkey Kong

"Over the weekend, Nintendo shared a surprise trailer for The Super Mario Bros. Movie. The 30-second clip shows additional footage from a scene that was first featured in the trailer Nintendo released last November. More importantly, it marks our first chance to hear Seth Rogen’s take on Donkey Kong."

See:

https://www.engadget.com/the-latest-...215133040.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 03:07   Link #2
AnimeFan188

Looks like the Super Mario Bros. Movie is doing well at the box office:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-09, 04:39   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Went to see the fim on Good Thursday.

It was adorable and in-truth with the spirit of the NES games that I began to play back when I was 10-years-old.

The synergy between Nintendo and Illumination was evident when the games' platformer mechanics were seamlessly incorporated within the film's pacing.

Spoiler:

Kudos go as well for Illumination given that they delivered a backstory for both Mario & Luigi and then Princess Toadstool.
Spoiler:

As well as lots of Easter Eggs honoring the Mario and Donkey Kong arcade games that were released at the early-1980's.

But, perhaps, the jewel of Easter Eggs for this Mario film. If anyone of you who is old enough like me might recall the 1989 Super Mario Bros. Show
Spoiler:

Next, for this film Bowser is not playing around. He's a true psychopath that will brute force his way through achieve his goals.
Spoiler:

Overall, now that Nintendo is actively involving itself with their upcoming cinematic universe I am foreseeing a good horizon for future Mario films, and, perhaps, other cinematic movies adapted from Nintendo's other IP franchises that we came to play and love since the 1980's all the way to the 2020's.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote