AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

View Poll Results: Choose your Favorite
C.A 17 42.50%
HayashiTakara 19 47.50%
yuuk1 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-23, 23:43   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Artists Alike and from Afar - October Drawings Contest (Theme - Kisses/Kissing)

Hello and I'd like to say hi from myself (Aoie_Emesai), and everyone else from the Artist Alike Social Group.

But we would like to post our drawing here from our Current October Drawing Contest for those of Animesuki to see and to vote upon.

For this August drawing theme, it is " Kissing/Kisses" chosen by our last months Winner, *Zharax*.

ps: I did not post some of the rules to the contest, due to them only affecting the contestants and not the voters.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

About The Artist Alike and Afar Social Group - I create this group back around when Vbulletin start with their recent upgrade to version 3.7.1 and myself who love/like to draw wanted to share my like/love of it with with others of Animesuki. It was a slow start, but 74 members strong at the moment.

But what ever the reason was, our true purpose is to simply draw and critique on others drawings. "Share our world with each other" ^^

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

About the contest:
This contest is open to all members of the Artists Alike and from Afar social group. The goal of this contest is for people to learn from each other’s drawings as well as have fun in the process through the process of a contest.

About the Theme:
Each month prospective contestants are given a theme to base their entries on. This theme is decided by the winner of the previous contest. There are several types of themes, mainly being

I) Content theme
a. What you want the contestant to draw (nothing against the forum rules please)
b. For example, beach, winter, or gothic. (don’t take these as guidelines, you can choose something special)
c. Please try to limit your themes so they aren’t so wide, but don’t limit it to much – do leave it open to a certain extent of interpretation.
d. Limiting by character. For example, we can choose a character like ichigo from bleach and have everybody draw that character.

II)
Material theme
a. Different materials may present different challenges and it will add an interesting touch to the contest
b. However try to limit the materials to things that are relatively easy to find (eg. Charcoal, markers).
c. Materials like tablets should not be a material, because it is not easily accessible to anyone.

III) Colour or non colour?
a. Since we do not have alot of members anyway, we probably shouldn't have a coloring section and non coloring section. At the same time however, these should not be judged together, since in most cases, coloring would be given more credit, so please make it clear in the theme of the contest whether coloring is allowed.

About the voting rubric: -

When you vote, you are encouraged to give feedback and suggestions to the individual artists, as well as to give them a score. Giving scores and feedback are not required, but it would be a nice gesture and would help them improve.

Also when voting, I would like for you to also do as above, but it's not necessary. This is just so i can match the amount of actual votes amongst the poll.

When voting, you are required to choose One entries that you think are the most outstanding.

*The voting has been changed a bit and it will be conducted as a poll style voting, and i'll (meaning Aoie_Emesai with some help maybe) be doing a manual check on them for any dupes or ineligible votes.

*Any accounts created within the last week will not be eligible for voting, this is to reduce and prevent any kind of multiple voting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With all the rules stated and mentioned, here are our Entries (alphabetized by user names)

C.A.

Spoiler for Ka:

HayashiTakara

Spoiler for hayashi:

yuuk1

Spoiler for Yuki:

Have fun voting, and I'll check the progress from time to time ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 23:56   Link #2
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Vote for Yuuk1

I sence it as the most atractive, the only thing that fails is the blur, but still a lovely pice
Old 2008-10-24, 02:35   Link #3
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

C.A.
Spoiler for :

HayashiTakara
Spoiler for :

yuuk1
Spoiler for :

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 02:45   Link #4
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Gonna have to give my vote to C.A. on this one.

Out of the three, he is the one I am most familiar with. It's pretty amazing how much progress he has made since I first saw his works back on the Haruhi image thread a couple of years ago.

Of course, as a big fan of yuri, C.A.'s piece has an extra charm in my book!

HayashiTakara's piece is also very nice. Though, the nudity in it strikes me as a bit out of place.

yuuk1's work is nice and simple, although I still prefer the other two a bit more.
Old 2008-10-24, 05:22   Link #5
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Voted for Ht. Comments are in the social group, so just a shout out to encourage everyone to just vote. You don't even need to leave a comment, though i believe the artists would appreciate if you would

As always, link for the rest of the months' submissions: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=194
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 02:26   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
Voted for Ht. Comments are in the social group, so just a shout out to encourage everyone to just vote. You don't even need to leave a comment, though i believe the artists would appreciate if you would
Yes, don't forget to vote guys!

Leave a comment too while you are at it.
Old 2008-10-25, 10:14   Link #7
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
My votes are:

Spoiler for Hayashi:

Spoiler for yuuk1:

Spoiler for C.A:

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-10-28 at 03:34.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 11:44   Link #8
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Voted for Hayashi, its technically the best one, and is the only one that actually had a kiss.

C.A; the curves and shading are nice, but anatomically its off. And the scale ratio of between the two characters are a little off too.

Yuuk1; looks good, but Ichigo is a little off anatomically on his body, and the color used for the blush isn't quite right.
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 14:24   Link #9
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

my vote goes to C.A. picture was very cute and appealing plus the shading and lines are just magnificent. very nice shading working with a pencil. hayashi and yuuk's drawings were nice too but C.A.'s caught my attention more.

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 19:25   Link #10
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
I voted for CA. I felt it was the best artistically and it best captured the theme in my opinion.
It's also really cute and sweet. So it deserves to win.

HT yours was good but it went from "Kisses/Kissing" to "Foreplay before we have hot but naked sex" Artistically it was good. However I think making sure the theme is not lost is as important as skills.
Tsukune would rather have Ashiya anyway

Yuki's entry was sweet. But I am a IchiRuki fan, if I would have picked yours it would have been for that reason. Since I want to be fair. I couldn't even if IchiRuki is WIN. (I did save it if you don't mind)
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 20:38   Link #11
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Three very artistic and skillful entries this month. However, my vote goes to C.A. for capturing the "moment" of the kiss.
Old 2008-10-27, 01:35   Link #12
Delitesco
Hobby Artist

Usually I like colored versions over black & white but C.A.s piece is so damn good I can't look away from it :3 . C.A., you have my vote .
Old 2008-10-27, 03:31   Link #13
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Hayashi ftw! (tehehe). Nothing beats Mizore + Tsukune, super special awesome couple. I still think Mizore should have the lolipop though, tehehe.

To the other two, nice work as well ^^
Old 2008-10-28, 10:11   Link #14
Satsumaru
Aruruu to asobuu?

Spoiler for @C.A:

Spoiler for @HayashiTakara:

Spoiler for @yuuk1:
Satsumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 18:32   Link #15
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I'm voting for HayashiTakara on this one. Well drawn and sexy. Nice job.
Old 2008-10-29, 01:00   Link #16
Thingle
Banned

CA

It's more detailed and specific than the other two.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:05   Link #17
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

my vote goes to C.A

yuri is the best XD
or is it a trap?

anyway among the three I think it's the most detailed
oh well
oh and I like the way you shade too so there ^_^

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 05:58   Link #18
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Stupid poll... closed before I got a chance to vote >.<

I think of the 3, Hayashi's was the most colorful and deeming of the theme the most.

Congratulations, Hayashi ^^

ps: Of course that means, you get the honor of choosing the next theme.

*Throw multi-colored confetti into the air for Hayashi*

Congratulations to you, Hayashi. ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 06:02   Link #19
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Oh, I won? Thanks to everyone that voted. I'll be sure to come up with a really interesting topic.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 10:04   Link #20
Delitesco
Hobby Artist

Gratts hayashi!

You have always brought us nice pieces and finally you are the number one .