AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 16:50   Link #3001
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol just when Hare thought she had her chance Shu blows her off for Yahiro. Surprised she was able to follow them the whole time.

Interesting how the virus was able to transfer to the mech. Was Daryl knocked out after Jun started controlling it? So if your infected with the virus you can see voids, so maybe that's why Gai can as well. Tough spot for Shu but i commend him for taking out Jun even though at the end he felt so bad.

Lol Segai responding to Dan was hilarious. So where was Gai and Inori going? Also wonder what she meant by its not time for that song.
Old 2011-12-08, 17:04   Link #3002
endarion88

lol new question of the week: what is knitting ayase?
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 17:45   Link #3003
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Why the hell they waste about entire episode to describe Shu as better person now for just break him again just in the end of episode?
Seriously... Some world class directing there.

Dialogue still facepalm worthy as ever although Seiga appearance always interesting.

18 first minute of this eps is among the best of the series and 3 last minute is among the absolute worst.

Btw I.G what up with some horrible CG and QUALITY this time?
Old 2011-12-08, 17:52   Link #3004
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Why the hell they waste about entire episode to describe Shu as better person now for just break him again just in the end of episode?
Seriously... Some world class directing there.
You could rather see it as character development for Shuu though. He was getting a little to comfortable by being at the Funeral parlor ,so much that he gained more confidence and some combat experience (like in this episode after they were spotted, he lectured Yahiro that he could not survive with such a way of thinking). The problem is that Shuu is probably not actively aware that he is killing people (lot's of soldiers have died when he used his void, but the only thing he thought when in batte was to survive or to protect. Not the death of those soldiers ) , so this episode made him more human by making him realize of his actions. Atleast that is what i think.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 19:20   Link #3005
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Goodness was this episode like a shining beacon of hope for me. This was by far the best episode so far of the series. Had a slow and worrying pick-up, but the ending was so well executed and emotional (at least compared to most everything else in the series). The music certainly resonated brilliantly at the end. And the prospect of a Yukimura-style broken Shu has me almost salivating at Shu actually becoming interesting. I want him more broken, filled to the brink with despair (not like it'll happen but a guy can dream). It was enough to make me forget about the silly contrivances strewn throughout the episode (tiger teapot comes flying inexplicably into the classroom, Hare having Solid Snake-level sneaking skills). More of this GC, way more of this.

One thing that confused me a bit however was why Daryl was unable to see Shu's face. I don't know if it's due to my lack of paying attention to the series, but that seemed like something that came out of left field. Was it because Shu yanked his void out of him and there was some weird aftereffect afflicting Daryl?

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 19:36   Link #3006
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post

Btw I.G what up with some horrible CG and QUALITY this time?
Budget cut?

Ha... So finally: Shu takes the first step to villany. <insert evil laugh here>

But still, he shouldn't had saved Yahiro.

And Gai has the virus. I guess the reason he didn't have symptoms had something to do with the constant blood transfusions.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 19:41   Link #3007
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Spoiler for spoiler:

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 19:45   Link #3008
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
One thing that confused me a bit however was why Daryl was unable to see Shu's face. I don't know if it's due to my lack of paying attention to the series, but that seemed like something that came out of left field. Was it because Shu yanked his void out of him and there was some weird aftereffect afflicting Daryl?
I think Segai's started with any device they use that could potentially capture a clear image of Shu in battle so that he won't end up on their wanted list again. That way he can continue stalking him in his natural habitat, cause I don't think Segai finds watching Shu in a cell anywhere as interesting as when he's busting out voids or in the shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Dear God, I hope not . I think I've had enough of that one.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2011-12-08 at 20:15.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 20:00   Link #3009
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this was one of the best episodes in a while. Some great intensity right to the end. Jun pulls Shu into a mercy killing which has clearly unsettled his mind. Certainly could see it as assisted suicide, Jun didn't want to eventually hate his brother, and of course didn't want to kill him. Unfortunately they didn't have many good options this time.

Do wonder though about the link between voids and the virus. The crystals lured in the weapon themselves like the void did. Plus now we know being infected by that virus lets someone see voids. There is definitely an unusual link there. At least this answered Gai's ability to see them. He's just someone infected who can actually move around, thanks to this situation with Inori.

Get some more from Yahiro here. Not too shocked there was a side of him frustrated by his brother. Yahiro loved him greatly, but he went down a dark path and put everything on hold for his brother. The fact that his void has the ability to end lives by a cut....

Well anyways a much more serious episode. Shu gets to show off his growth and now he's gone dark here.

Sorry for Hare. She was this close to a confession and then everything goes to hell.
Old 2011-12-08, 20:02   Link #3010
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I liked seeing the animosity with Jun at the end and Shu's shocked face.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 20:04   Link #3011
hyl
reading #hikaributts

The situation is pretty like in Silent hill 2 , yahiro loved his brother but deep inside he wanted Jun dead for being such a bother.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 20:27   Link #3012
Makender
Varsity Slacker

For a while I thought we were gonna go down another sickly sweet road where Shu discovers that he can draw the virus out of people and Jun and Yahiro were gonna live happily ever after. I am very glad that didn't happen.

Still it brings to mind how maybe the virus (or whatever the crystal substance is) is innate in the human body, as Shu can draw it from anyone seemingly infected or seemingly not, and what the virus is doing to bring out this crystalline substance to the surface. Well this all just foreplay before we get to the seemingly inevitable realization in my mind that Lost Christmas was some GHQ fabrication (to show that they're really REALLY bad to the bone) and Shu (and perhaps Inori) has a successful strain of the virus, Gai got jipped, and everyone else is clamoring for a class action.

Last edited by Makender; 2011-12-08 at 20:54.
Old 2011-12-08, 20:38   Link #3013
JediNight
キズランダム

It's still possible that drawing a void from an infected person cures them. Or it may be that drawing a void from a person causes them to get infected with the virus and Shu doesn't know about it. More to add to the "Guilty Crown" perhaps.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 20:50   Link #3014
Makender
Varsity Slacker

^Please the latter. I want Shu to realize that at the end of the series and just become destroyed inside. That would be a wonderfully dark ending. And when I think about it, it would be perfectly in line with a GHQ scheme to spread this virus to create some kind of super race of human. Or eliminate the Japanese or whatever BS Funeral Parlor is preaching.

Old 2011-12-08, 20:51   Link #3015
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Or it may be that drawing a void from a person causes them to get infected with the virus and Shu doesn't know about it. More to add to the "Guilty Crown" perhaps.
That's what I thought as well. I drew this conclusion because the state that "The Power of kings has no consequences when used" seems too good to be true. And since the void, to me, might be a product of the virus, there must be a sideeffect of some sort when used: it's a virus after all...
Old 2011-12-08, 22:04   Link #3016
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Wow...episode 9 was way intense and darker. I hope they do more episodes like these. The scene between Jun and Shu was quite heart-wrenching, especially the part in which Jun expressed his inner conflict with his elder brother. Hiroyuki Sawano's score at the Lost Christmas segment added to the intensity of the scene. I wonder how will Yahiro react to Shu saying that his brother is dead...

It was also fresh to see Gai and Inori out of the spotlight for a while, though Inori's words about 'the wrong song' made me wonder about what's going to happen later in the series.

And knitting Ayase ...and that striped teapot looking as though it had been deliberately thrown into the classroom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
It's still possible that drawing a void from an infected person cures them. Or it may be that drawing a void from a person causes them to get infected with the virus and Shu doesn't know about it. More to add to the "Guilty Crown" perhaps.
And when Shu finds out...

Anyway, the preview for episode 10 looks interesting. Seems they haven't dropped Arisa yet. And Shu...could it be that he's developing some sort of link with the virus? (Thus JediNight's theory quoted above).
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 22:14   Link #3017
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Prey

I feel disgusted about Joker-guy. The way he pointed the barrel of the gun, literally, into the nun's throat through the mouth was not only disturbing but hateful. That scene remind me a little bit of the Richie Gecko character from Dusk Till Dawn film, using the gun the same way on his victims.

Honestly, I'm more fired up for the Funerals to waste to the ground the GHQ. I don't care if they babble about researching supposedly for the vaccine against the Virus. They have psychotic assets intermingled within their ranks that not only abuse their power but are deviously prone to act in the most despicable acts of violence right off the bat being their first choice of the day.

BTW, the episode itself featured scarcely Gai and Inori, so this was mostly a Shu-centered episode coming up to terms with Yahiro's betrayal once they meet again by chance, and the latter's infected brother.

Plus, we got to see more about the Voids power, establishing a clear relation between the Virus and Void, as the Joker put it plainly resonating at the genomics level.
The crush was that Yahiro's situation had put him under such strain and duress both physically and mentally, wearing himself away from escape to escape taking along an invalid little brother with him. So, from be able to see into his brother's Void, the last straw for Jun was that his most dreaded fear would realize:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
That's what I thought as well. I drew this conclusion because the state that "The Power of kings has no consequences when used" seems too good to be true. And since the void, to me, might be a product of the virus, there must be a sideeffect of some sort when used: it's a virus after all...
I never thought that way until the virus migrated to the Endlave, so I don't think is farfetch'd to theorize that the "Void" can be used as a vector for the Virus given that the condition of the Apocalypses' victims resonate with the Void.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 22:15   Link #3018
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Yay Shu could be drawing the virus into himself. He's so Jesus.

Old 2011-12-08, 22:21   Link #3019
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
Yay Shu could be drawing the virus into himself. He's so Jesus.
Or it could end into something like Prototype. God, that game was so holy....
Old 2011-12-08, 22:30   Link #3020
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that was a great and tragic episode.

Spoiler for ep9:

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig