AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 04:07   Link #5561
Knight_SV

^or perhaps bandai released DH MG too much early perhaps. maybe katoki will re-add the buster shield as an last battle optional weapon later. DH only lacking the buster shield. And i still hope it could be re-added like how katoki readd the tail beam cannon+wings on Altron
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 04:22   Link #5562
Yesman
PMS Avenger

It'd be cool if DH gets Bat-themed Planate Defensors, or something.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 05:35   Link #5563
He00Ro

Spoiler for MG Proto Zero Cover:

Wow, Wow and WOW!!
He00Ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 09:00   Link #5564
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Mercurius and Vayeate looking pretty slick on dat cover.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 17:00   Link #5565
KniteRaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by He00Ro View Post
Spoiler for MG Proto Zero Cover:

Wow, Wow and WOW!!
I guess only die hard fans would know that scene captured for the MG Box Art Cover, is Quatre piloting Wing Zero

- Can't wait to see Ver. Ka - Mercurius and Vayeate
KniteRaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 14:29   Link #5566
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Can't wait to see the Ver. Ka Mercurius and Vayeate as well. The originals grew on me over time.
Old 2013-10-07, 14:52   Link #5567
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Can't wait to see the Ver. Ka Mercurius and Vayeate as well. The originals grew on me over time.
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the Mercurius and Vayeate's designs were done by Katoki in the first place. Like the majority of the mobile suits in Gundam Wing.
Old 2013-10-07, 20:11   Link #5568
suiton629
Master Grade Master

You know what I would like to see?
I would love to see Sunrise animate Glory of the Defeated and Frozen Teardrop. They should do that like OVA style where each volume of the manga is an OVA episode (or maybe every 2). Or they could just make both into a TV series and go by each manga chapter. I think they can get both manga series into a 50 episode anime, and make it the definitive version of Gundam Wing.
Old 2013-10-07, 20:13   Link #5569
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Glory of the Defeated would make for a decent OVA, I suppose. But you're out of your goddamn mind for even suggesting that they adapt Frozen Teardrop.
Old 2013-10-07, 20:15   Link #5570
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Glory of the Defeated would make for a decent OVA, I suppose. But you're out of your goddamn mind for even suggesting that they adapt Frozen Teardrop.
What I want really is this:

Gundam Wing: Glory of the Defeated (anime form)
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (redo the animation)
Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop (anime form)

Care to explain why Frozen Teardrop is "out of your goddamn mind" if it was in anime form?
Old 2013-10-07, 20:21   Link #5571
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Frozen Teardrop is a clusterfuck of events with abominable sorting between past events (pre-anime) and its current events, has too many off-the-wall characterization changes in the returning cast, and the rest of the cast are just transparent clones of the returning cast.

Frankly speaking, it's terrible in its current format and it will do no better in an animated format.
Old 2013-10-07, 20:22   Link #5572
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Frozen Teardrop is a clusterfuck of events with abominable sorting between past events (pre-anime) and its current events, has too many off-the-wall characterization changes in the returning cast, and the rest of the cast are just transparent clones of the returning cast.

Frankly speaking, it's terrible in its current format and it will do no better in an animated format.
Well they could fix that in an animated form.
Old 2013-10-07, 20:40   Link #5573
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Well they could fix that in an animated form.
They can fix the pacing between the past and current events, yes. They unfortunately cannot change the characterizations as they're too closely linked to the story's plotline. It would effectively be a different story if they did.

And furthermore, Frozen Teardrop was created by the one guy that they kicked out of Gundam Wing's writing team. As we're seeing, they had a pretty good reason to do so.
Old 2013-10-07, 20:55   Link #5574
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
They can fix the pacing between the past and current events, yes. They unfortunately cannot change the characterizations as they're too closely linked to the story's plotline. It would effectively be a different story if they did.

And furthermore, Frozen Teardrop was created by the one guy that they kicked out of Gundam Wing's writing team. As we're seeing, they had a pretty good reason to do so.

Didn't know that. Crazy.

At the very least though, I'd like to see Wing EW and Wing Zero EW MG's getting a refreshed release since the ones we have now are using molds and designs from 2004's MG Wing Gundam Ver. Ka.
Old 2013-10-07, 21:13   Link #5575
Tendou Souji

The Unicorn animation not only changed up characters but changed events as well. If FT is animated it will be changed up as well. The Japanese fans complain about the characterization too much for them not to change it. I doubt the Wing VA would appreciate their characters being dismantled the way they have anyway.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 21:15   Link #5576
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
The Unicorn animation not only changed up characters but changed events as well. If FT is animated it will be changed up as well. The Japanese fans complain about the characterization too much for them not to change it. I doubt the Wing VA would appreciate their characters being dismantled the way they have anyway.

So then Frozen Teardrop getting animated isn't too far fetched of an idea.
Old 2013-10-08, 08:35   Link #5577
KniteRaid

Quote:
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the Mercurius and Vayeate's designs were done by Katoki in the first place. Like the majority of the mobile suits in Gundam Wing.
I had no idea, thank you for sharing that information -- I'll rephrase and would like to see the EW Ver. Mercurius and Vayeate
KniteRaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 10:10   Link #5578
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KniteRaid View Post
I had no idea, thank you for sharing that information -- I'll rephrase and would like to see the EW Ver. Mercurius and Vayeate
Same.
But I would imagine like the Tallgeese 3 EW Master Grade would take priority. After that maybe the Mercurius, Vayeate, Serpent Custom, Leo, etc since they all share the Tallgeese style design.

Worried though that Bandai might go (again) with the online exclusive route.
Old 2013-10-08, 17:52   Link #5579
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
What I want really is this:

Gundam Wing: Glory of the Defeated (anime form)
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (redo the animation)
Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop (anime form)
Hmm, those are odd choices... While I would certainly like to see some scenes of GoD animated (the battles, heaven, animate those battles!), in the end it's just GW with slightly different suits and some changed events. I severely doubt Sunrise would ever bother redoing an already existing show.

As for FT, I'd rather sit through the latter half of SEED Destiny multiple times than get Treize being French'd by his mom, sorry. Or Doktor S being a tranny. Or "16 and Pregnant - Peacecraft style." Or everybody and her mom being called some form of Catherine. Or Snow White. Who the f calls his Gundam Snow White?? Might as well have given the others the Ariel, Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh Gundams. >_>

The only way I can imagine to fix FT is by taking the entire novel, tossing it into the trash bin, lighting it and then writing a new story. If they can manage to make that story an actual sequel and not stick in idiotic flashbacks every chapter, give us original character designs and pasts, stop recycling plot from GW that got old after episode 6 and not keep the suits cloaked for freaking years, it will be infinite times better than FT already. But that's just my opinion.

I know I sound like a broken record but if anything related to GW should get animated at this point, I'd go for Episode Zero and Battlefield of Pacifists/Blind Target. At least those stories make sense, don't screw over existing material and are no remake. I'd even give the silly Preventer 5 story a pass.

By the way, what's wrong with EW's animation? I always thought it was fine.

Quote:

Are you saying that it wouldn't be the pinnacle of epicness to see Relena Katrina Six Marquis fight in a meowing mobile armor while she's singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"???
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 18:07   Link #5580
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Are you saying that it wouldn't be the pinnacle of epicness to see Relena Katrina Six Marquis fight in a meowing mobile armor while she's singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"???
We already have Dog Gundam, why would we want to rehash old ground?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing