AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-02-23, 13:54   Link #2001
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
Obviously he did not trash of the underworld, but do not think it is generally an example of a person who has a decent life. Would this impression is the fault of the anime? or his hero mode status outshines the rest? or I do not know the real Jesus?
if you compare him to the others then his hero status outshines all his other faults. Plus his end result is still better than Shiage and Accelerator's record.

What post did you quote? you quote my post but leave the content out.
__________________
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 14:13   Link #2002
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if you compare him to the others then his hero status outshines all his other faults. Plus his end result is still better than Shiage and Accelerator's record.

What post did you quote? you quote my post but leave the content out.
can obfuscate, but they do exist, I believe that when you judges someone should take into account everything it did.

the quote is:

Quote:
they would probably already pregnant if touman is in that world he even need to lock himself inside his bathroom to stop doing a crime at night
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 14:22   Link #2003
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
can obfuscate, but they do exist, I believe that when you judges someone should take into account everything it did.

the quote is:
ah. that one. From different thread. If people take account everything one did then there should be more Mikoto haters -_- but she has a cult. Even if she is always making Touma into target practice >_>

sending few million to billion volts against someone will not kill them
__________________
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 14:44   Link #2004
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
ah. that one. From different thread. If people take account everything one did then there should be more Mikoto haters -_- but she has a cult. Even if she is always making Touma into target practice >_>

sending few million to billion volts against someone will not kill them
Lol. Though honestly Touma is the way he is because he's desperate.

Take Mikoto, I'm pretty sure that what she did in Railgun S was likely worse than what Touma did... I don't know, it all depends on your point of view.
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 14:58   Link #2005
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
has potential to be a rapist,
are you freaking serious
__________________
-Light Novel Reading Progress-
TAMNI New Testament: Volume 14 Complete
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar: Volume 1 Complete
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 15:00   Link #2006
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
are you freaking serious
It would probably be counted as reverse rape? Though he is technically "evil" since last volume.
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 15:05   Link #2007
LG-MAX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Mikoto destroyed laboratories, she has not killed, threatened, or did really horrible things. the only "good" character in some way done something really bad was the Hamazura in vol 22.

Furthermore, the question I raised was not to compare the deeds of Touma with the other characters, but that it is strange that many fans see him like Jesus.
LG-MAX is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 15:11   Link #2008
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
no he isn't and Touma would never do anything like that, saying he needed to lock himself inside of the bathroom isn't meant to be taken so seriously

even thinking of Touma doing anything sick as rape is ridiculous.

''hitting women'' isn't an evil thing. What do you think they're little babies or some shit? They can fight and handle themselves
Not to mention that they were out to kill Touma
Quote:
does not mind cheat in games (vol 14),
who hasn't cheated in a game? and its a game!

you guys are trying real too hard to make Touma seem ''edgy'' and ''not so pure''
it just looks crazy
__________________
-Light Novel Reading Progress-
TAMNI New Testament: Volume 14 Complete
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar: Volume 1 Complete
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 15:31   Link #2009
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
but he is not pure -_-
__________________
tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 15:53   Link #2010
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
@kenju of the right, you dont believe that he is evil now?? he tries to help a mass-murder b*tch who killed a hugh amount of innocent people only for a selfish goal ,

where i must say that EVEN accel and fiamma killed because of a 'good' reason,
accel: he doesnt wanted to hurt or kill people...
fiamma: wanted to save the world....

othinus: wanted to go back to her own world (which sounds, as if the grimoires in her head messed more up than we knew), in short: SHE IS EVIL and touma tries to SAVE HER, which makes him into someone who helped a being MORE EVIL than Hitler......

or i understood your post wrong
LevelSeven is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 16:24   Link #2011
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
i mean that of course he isn't a saint but to say that he's evil is an over statement

considering the fact that he isn't actually trying to bring any ill intentions

you could say that after what happened in Version Alpha but saying he's a big bad evil man is a bit too much
__________________
-Light Novel Reading Progress-
TAMNI New Testament: Volume 14 Complete
Hai to Gensou no Grimgar: Volume 1 Complete
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 16:33   Link #2012
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
I wouldn't call 'going home' as selfish as opposed to 'human nature'.

If you found yourself in a world that wasn't your own, you'd of course want to go back right? True she could have just adapted and lived in the world she was currently in, it still wasn't 'her home'. I mean, look at Odyssey, he had settled in various places for a while but eventually knew that he needed to return from whence he came. Same thing with Othinus; she wanted to go back to that place.

Yes she killed innocent people in the process, but there still stands the possibility that things would have changed if she had succeeded. If she had gone back to her world, would the events of Baggage City and Hawaii have occurred still? If so, all those lives lost would have never been lost at all.

The only person who would have been lost was Touma.

So is the desire to go home really that selfish? Is it wrong to try and leave a place you really don't belong to? Once her chance to leave was gone, she took the only remaining path available and chose to die rather than stay. That was a direct conflict to what Touma believed, because in exchange for returning to his 'home' she was forced to give up her ticket for his sake.

She demonstrated selflessness in that moment, and Touma did the exact same in my eyes as well. Because he turned his back on the world he was apart of. Basically tearing up the ticket given to him and chose to stick with her and face this 'unknown world' where everyone is his enemy.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 16:33   Link #2013
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
yeah, he isnt really bad, maybe i wrote it wrong

i wanted to say that he is not good, afterall he protects a monster now, and from my point of view: she shouldnt survive this....

i know how i could break toumas 'iron' will to protect her: i will show him how much pain she created all over the world, humans who lost everything only because of her selfish actions, if he really insists to protect someone like that: the only way i could describe his behavior would be.....crazy.....

EDIT: @smokin..

the same applies for accel and fiamma but they are still 'the monster who slaughtered innocent clones' and'the one who caused WW3' ,

they also followed selfish reasons but First: it wasnt in such a large scale (WW3 is debattable)
second: they goal was for the sake of others,
in my eyes: they are far-far-far more 'nicer' than othinus, who (even if it is human-like) only for her going home brought nothing but Chaos/fear/death for the world,

and (in my eyes: the goal is second to the methods used to acomplish it): accel as Level 6 would/could also revive every dead clone,
fiamma would/could also revive every death human back,

but in the end they was stopped, to say that othinus isnt so bad because (maybe) the innocent humans wouldnt die is rather odd.....(by accels/fiammas goal it was clear)...

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2014-02-23 at 16:49.
LevelSeven is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 19:24   Link #2014
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
I wouldn't call 'going home' as selfish as opposed to 'human nature'.

If you found yourself in a world that wasn't your own, you'd of course want to go back right? True she could have just adapted and lived in the world she was currently in, it still wasn't 'her home'. I mean, look at Odyssey, he had settled in various places for a while but eventually knew that he needed to return from whence he came. Same thing with Othinus; she wanted to go back to that place.

Yes she killed innocent people in the process, but there still stands the possibility that things would have changed if she had succeeded. If she had gone back to her world, would the events of Baggage City and Hawaii have occurred still? If so, all those lives lost would have never been lost at all.

The only person who would have been lost was Touma.

So is the desire to go home really that selfish? Is it wrong to try and leave a place you really don't belong to? Once her chance to leave was gone, she took the only remaining path available and chose to die rather than stay. That was a direct conflict to what Touma believed, because in exchange for returning to his 'home' she was forced to give up her ticket for his sake.

She demonstrated selflessness in that moment, and Touma did the exact same in my eyes as well. Because he turned his back on the world he was apart of. Basically tearing up the ticket given to him and chose to stick with her and face this 'unknown world' where everyone is his enemy.
Spoiler for NT 9:



Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
yeah, he isnt really bad, maybe i wrote it wrong

i wanted to say that he is not good, afterall he protects a monster now, and from my point of view: she shouldnt survive this....

i know how i could break toumas 'iron' will to protect her: i will show him how much pain she created all over the world, humans who lost everything only because of her selfish actions, if he really insists to protect someone like that: the only way i could describe his behavior would be.....crazy.....

EDIT: @smokin..

the same applies for accel and fiamma but they are still 'the monster who slaughtered innocent clones' and'the one who caused WW3' ,

they also followed selfish reasons but First: it wasnt in such a large scale (WW3 is debattable)
second: they goal was for the sake of others,
in my eyes: they are far-far-far more 'nicer' than othinus, who (even if it is human-like) only for her going home brought nothing but Chaos/fear/death for the world,

and (in my eyes: the goal is second to the methods used to acomplish it): accel as Level 6 would/could also revive every dead clone,
fiamma would/could also revive every death human back,

but in the end they was stopped, to say that othinus isnt so bad because (maybe) the innocent humans wouldnt die is rather odd.....(by accels/fiammas goal it was clear)...
So you make some interesting points, but I want to point out some important things.

Spoiler:


Yeah this was a long analysis, but I think it's one of my better ones, and while making this analysis I realized NT 9 was much better than I thought it was especially because of what I just realized while making that analysis.
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 20:35   Link #2015
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
yeah, he isnt really bad, maybe i wrote it wrong

i wanted to say that he is not good, afterall he protects a monster now, and from my point of view: she shouldnt survive this....

i know how i could break toumas 'iron' will to protect her: i will show him how much pain she created all over the world, humans who lost everything only because of her selfish actions, if he really insists to protect someone like that: the only way i could describe his behavior would be.....crazy.....

EDIT: @smokin..

the same applies for accel and fiamma but they are still 'the monster who slaughtered innocent clones' and'the one who caused WW3' ,

they also followed selfish reasons but First: it wasnt in such a large scale (WW3 is debattable)
second: they goal was for the sake of others,
in my eyes: they are far-far-far more 'nicer' than othinus, who (even if it is human-like) only for her going home brought nothing but Chaos/fear/death for the world,

and (in my eyes: the goal is second to the methods used to acomplish it): accel as Level 6 would/could also revive every dead clone,
fiamma would/could also revive every death human back,

but in the end they was stopped, to say that othinus isnt so bad because (maybe) the innocent humans wouldnt die is rather odd.....(by accels/fiammas goal it was clear)...
like dniv said, your analysis have a few fundamentals problem, 1st Touma himself already choose to prioritized himself and more importantly, he knew that it's impossible to avoid tragedy, the choice Touma and Othinus make is the very same choice, i never heard that either Accel lv 6 or Fiamma can revive the dead. show him tragedy in the world mean nothings aslong as all the people in the world is ignorant of what they went through. And the Alpha world already put him in that situation where the entire world is against him.
dragon1412 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 22:26   Link #2016
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
i just went back to railgun tv trope and noticed touma became somewhat of a scrappy during railgun S season 2 where he took the spotlight from mikoto and made her look like a damsel in distress which psst quite allot of fans.

seems to imply the Japanese fans were quite psst as well.


i know this was random but felt like bringing it up for some reason.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2014-02-23 at 22:38.
Goldzero is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 22:29   Link #2017
dniv
Season 3
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i just went back to railgun tv trope and noticed touma became somewhat of a scrappy during railgun S season 2 where he took the spotlight from mikoto and made her look like a damsel in distress which psst quite allot of fans.

seems to imply the Japanese fans were quite psst as well.
For people who don't care about the series and just care about Mikoto, of course that would happen.
dniv is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 22:31   Link #2018
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The darkest corner with the best view...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i just went back to railgun tv trope and noticed touma became somewhat of a scrappy during railgun S season 2 where he took the spotlight from mikoto and made her look like a damsel in distress which psst quite allot of fans.

seems to imply the Japanese fans were quite psst as well.
They need to remember that Railgun is a spin-off of Index. In that sense, Touma can enter the scene if he damn well pleases. Besides, the Misaka cult would never have let Accelerator live it down if he actually fought and beat the stuffing out of her had things gone the way she planned.

They give Accel enough grief over killing clones. Imagine how much ammo they would have if he actually hurt her.
__________________

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 22:43   Link #2019
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
They need to remember that Railgun is a spin-off of Index. In that sense, Touma can enter the scene if he damn well pleases. Besides, the Misaka cult would never have let Accelerator live it down if he actually fought and beat the stuffing out of her had things gone the way she planned.

They give Accel enough grief over killing clones. Imagine how much ammo they would have if he actually hurt her.
funny part about that whole info was that the complains i saw were mostly hate towards accelerator rather then kamijou himself. i knew there were quite a few complains but i didn't think it was that bad. most i seen were good compliments towards kamijou and accelerator though.

then again, mikoto fans do tend to jump to conclusions too much and overreact whenever bribri gets hurt or saved. there are reasons why they are looked down at by the fanbase and other anime viewers and many tend to be good points(though not all of them are bad).
Goldzero is offline  
Old 2014-02-23, 22:56   Link #2020
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i just went back to railgun tv trope and noticed touma became somewhat of a scrappy during railgun S season 2 where he took the spotlight from mikoto and made her look like a damsel in distress which psst quite allot of fans.

seems to imply the Japanese fans were quite psst as well.


i know this was random but felt like bringing it up for some reason.
That wasn't there before, originally, only Uiharu and Harue were in that section. Then some butthurt fan came along and added Touma. Since I didn't want to create an edit war as TvTropes frowned upon these, I counterargued it by pointing out the absurdity of the complaint given that it was originally Touma's story (calmly of course, so that it wasn't reverted back). That's why I registered on TvTropes in the 1st place, because the place was so Railgun sided, I had to tone down a lot of bullshit, and even then I can't change stuff too much.

Be glad you have one of your own over there keeping watch, people.

(Besides, most of the complaints are in "Your Mileage May Vary", which is bound to contain things you disagree with)
__________________
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.