Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-29, 21:37   Link #141
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@sol falling
it's not a penalty, but a freekick...

i'm hoping ETU lost too...
Giant Killing is not something you can achieve in just a mere less than one month...

i predict that, they'll lost in a close game...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 21:51   Link #142
Sol Falling

Ah, thanks, I guess I haven't really grasped all the terms yet. Er, post edited.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 23:58   Link #143
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

pretty solid show. the first time i watched the op, it stirred my emotions. i'm predicting the game will end in a draw. a testament to their potential, but not yet fulfilling their giant killing title. Gino's hilarious and left footed.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 00:47   Link #144
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
@sol falling
it's not a penalty, but a freekick...

i'm hoping ETU lost too...
Giant Killing is not something you can achieve in just a mere less than one month...

i predict that, they'll lost in a close game...
For starters it's a "fun pre-match" game so win or lose it doesn't affect their rankings.

Second they need to beat some teams in order to qualify to compete against the higher ranking teams so they can't lose every match until they get to a top dog one.

Though the way this is going Top Tokyo will probably be their final opponent in the league.

Lose or draw, it has to be something enough to show that ETU isn't a pushover this time around and to set the mood that's to come.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 10:27   Link #145
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

nah, they don't need to win to qualify to play better teams. they already said that ETU is in J1, which i'm assuming is japan's top league. so either way, they'll play Tokyo Victory in the league. but the title will probably come down to the two teams. i don't know if its realistic to have them chasing it the first season though.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-01, 18:50   Link #146
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Having ETU lose every match after this pre-match until they reach Top Tokyo doesn't make a lot of sense.

How can they compete against Top Tokyo who will eventually head to the top if they can't even reach them by beating the other teams?
Old 2010-05-01, 21:42   Link #147
king12354

How do reserves have more stamina and more speed than the regulars? Doesn't make sense at all.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 22:13   Link #148
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
How do reserves have more stamina and more speed than the regulars? Doesn't make sense at all.
Sure it does. Very often reserves are younger and have less miles on the tires, so to speak. Fresher legs and bigger lung capacity.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 23:58   Link #149
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Dont forget, before that, Murakoshi acted as their tactician and coach as well, so he more likely picked on players he already familiar with.

ep 5
Spoiler:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:45   Link #150
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-02, 00:48   Link #151
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This show continues to score, for me. Ep5 worked quite well, both the human drama and even the way they (quite economically) showed the play.
Spoiler for ep5:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 00:59   Link #152
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yep.. its quite a good episode and for me, it balance both side, tactical part( I'm fumed at the team but totally understandable) and drama for a good story.

And that little kid's comment.. it should be "interesting" more then "funny" if we take his 1st comment in the 1st episode, where he described ETU's play as boring. And the match is interesting even if we get a snippet of action here and there. The flow of the match and the ball are quite realistic.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-02, 04:21   Link #153
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
Spoiler for ep5:
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 06:51   Link #154
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Spoiler for ep5:
Just one point, Tatsumi told Murakoshi that you can't kill me until I get fired.
That is how the last line by Murakoshi fits in;
"Then my advice is don't get fired."
Tatsumi is one tough cookie, he wanted Murakoshi to realized that he isn't suppose to take on the burden of being the leader and on the field he is just another player like the rest of them point made by appointing Gino the game captain since Gino is the last one who is going to think about the team and the team functioned as planned.

As for the kid's comment of "Omoshiroi" the best translation would be "exciting" since "interesting" is too bland of a word for a kid to use in describing a sports match.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 07:17   Link #155
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Hah.. you obviously havent seen my little nephew talking about football .. And his 6 XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-02, 07:22   Link #156
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Hah.. you obviously havent seen my little nephew talking about football .. And his 6 XD
Tell him to take off the pointed ears and smell the roses.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 14:08   Link #157
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep5 "omoshiroi" translation:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 10:16   Link #158
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
I just watched the sub, and it was amazing! Even though I'm spoiled by the manga (speaking of which, the latest scanlation coincides perfectly with the end of this episode, in case some of you want to read it), the anime managed to bring in even more excitement.

One of the most important manager trait is half time talk, and Tatsumi proves that he's indeed a good manager. He managed to address the team's strategy and pumps up their spirit, even giving a one-on-one encouragement to Tsubaki, who needed it the most (and proves his worth at the first part on second half). Btw, Kina, it seems that they're changing from 4-5-1 into 3-6-1, and Tsubaki and Murakoshi is playing double volante. Quite a good strategy, as their noticeable in defence is covered by these two guys, Tsubaki with the stamina check the opponent and Murakoshi with a lot of defensive experience provides the cover. In this case, it isn't that outrageous for Tsubaki to run all the way to the back, although it IS a huge blunder. I do agree though, the defenders proves to be very lacking.

Despite Tsubaki's blunder, I can't really get mad at him though, I just felt really bad for him when he's doing everything he can to help his team only for it to backfire spectacularly. It will really shake up his confidence, I hope this will get addressed in the next episodes. The one I really hate is Gino - sure, he contributes greatly for the two goals, but no matter how tired you are there's absolutely no way you just let your opponent pass through you. If he only lose his captaincy, consider himself very, very lucky.

But the best part of the episode is definitely Mr ETU. From the moment he got the ball, everything was perfect. Loved the background music, his inner struggle and Tatsumi encouragement, and the long range shot, when the ball strikes the net it was truly glorious. Poor guy probably haven't scored for a long long time, I can really feel his passion in his war cry, and the crowd chanting "Murakoshi, Murakoshi" is really superb. Loved the heart-to-heart talk in the end too.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 10:52   Link #159
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Tsubaki really one of the 2 DMs?

O_O!

(havent watched the subbed yet tho)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2010-05-03, 12:24   Link #160
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

lies. Tsubaki wouldn't be a dm. he'd be a winger, hence his number.

Tags
football, seinen, sports