Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-06-24, 15:02   Link #1841
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What are we even getting at? Because they broke the law, they have no rights? Should that justify capturing and selling them then?
He's trying to say he didn't separate children from parents, because the parents aren't parents, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. And possibly the children aren't children, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. I'm not fluent in paranoid fever dream.
Old 2018-06-24, 15:23   Link #1842
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Most children come without parents.
The surge in border crossings we saw in 2014 included a large contingent of unaccompanied children, usually teenagers. The Obama Administration and the courts set up processes to handle these children and try and find them relatives or sponsors in the US while their asylum claims are adjudicated. While that number has grown from 40,000 to 56,000 between (Fiscal Year) 2013 and 2016, the number of families (children with adults) grew five-fold, from 15,000 to over 75,000. The situation Trump is describing was once true, but is no longer true today.

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...ildren/fy-2016

Here's a very informative article comparing Trump's and Obama's policies concerning migrant families: https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/174884...aration-border
Old 2018-06-24, 16:11   Link #1843
The Green One

Simply Trump is enabling the racism and xenophobia in this country by advocating as their voice.
Old 2018-06-24, 16:37   Link #1844
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's trying to say he didn't separate children from parents, because the parents aren't parents, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. And possibly the children aren't children, but rapists/terrorists/drug dealers. I'm not fluent in paranoid fever dream.
That could be it. The thing that got me is he's calling them "invaders" and detached from the parents, so the children are maliciously invading and ruining everything I guess.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2018-06-24, 17:58   Link #1845
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Simply Trump is enabling the racism and xenophobia in this country by advocating as their voice.
And I think that the next POTUS after him will have to wage an open war against all racists and xenophobes out there. In other words, the POTUS should give FBI all capabilities to fight against the Ku Klux Klan and other Neo-Nazi groups like other terrorists groups from around the world. It's more than time to pound those particular people down to the craphole they come from.
Old 2018-06-25, 01:31   Link #1846
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
And I think that the next POTUS after him will have to wage an open war against all racists and xenophobes out there. In other words, the POTUS should give FBI all capabilities to fight against the Ku Klux Klan and other Neo-Nazi groups like other terrorists groups from around the world. It's more than time to pound those particular people down to the craphole they come from.
at this point it could be bad for the next POTUS to do that cuz this could means go after like 1/5 or 1/4 of USA population counting also the majority of REP party and "obvious and first the previous POTUS which himself is the big simbol of all thar crap.

Another thing is if we are going "after" the "crap peoples" to be fair also a witch hunter after crap SJW, like the hard core crazy feminazi(only crazy feminists) and also the "black supremacists aka BLM and peoples like that which also are so toxic as nazists, white supremacists and kkk, if we must get riddle of the "problematic peoples" then go after all of them not just "some of them".

For me the only difference between both sides is which one (kkk, nazi and others phobics) don't try to play too much as "innocent as the other side (BLM, Extreme femnists, SJW), the first one know which they are "considered crap" while the other try to play the "innocent and good guys" while the true is which in the end they are not too much "different" from the other side, just 2 sides of the same coin, full of bigocitry, malicy, hate selfish and others toxic things.

Place in power a new POTUS which is on the "other side" of the extreme in this case a full SJW also will be just another "trump" or even worst, because he will claim trying to "save the country and the world" and try to pass all they agendas to every place in the world nost just USA.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-06-25 at 03:24.
Old 2018-06-25, 04:04   Link #1847
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toukairin View Post
And they will feel more than justified in their hatred of the Federal state, and dont underestimate that hate which may date from the American Civil War. We will have a worse version of the 90s when domestic terrorism was a thing, in addition of the shitshow that is currently muslim terrorism. Do you remember Unabomber or the movie Arlington Road? Do you really want to fight that kind of scum who know the American countryside like their pocket in addition of all dormant cells sent by Al Qaeda, ISIS, etc? Worse to come if they unite, one out of their hatred for the Feds, the other to bring down the West.

Last edited by Sheba; 2018-06-25 at 04:23.
Old 2018-06-25, 04:31   Link #1848
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Never put too much power into any single grouping of the Federal Government. It has a balance of power specifically to avoid it becoming too powerful (draconian or otherwise).
Old 2018-06-25, 05:35   Link #1849
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
And they will feel more than justified in their hatred of the Federal state, and dont underestimate that hate which may date from the American Civil War. We will have a worse version of the 90s when domestic terrorism was a thing, in addition of the shitshow that is currently muslim terrorism. Do you remember Unabomber or the movie Arlington Road? Do you really want to fight that kind of scum who know the American countryside like their pocket in addition of all dormant cells sent by Al Qaeda, ISIS, etc? Worse to come if they unite, one out of their hatred for the Feds, the other to bring down the West.
You know than far right terrorism is already a bigger threat than Islamist terrorims in the US, right? The number of thos group exploded when Obama took office and again when Trump became president. Those scum ( to use your own word) are already out and probably readdy, they don't need to associate with any Islamist group, which presence in the US is marginal anyway.

The scarry part is than the Fed pretty much defunded anything than was charged to dead with that threat.
Old 2018-06-25, 09:52   Link #1850
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You know than far right terrorism is already a bigger threat than Islamist terrorims in the US, right? The number of thos group exploded when Obama took office and again when Trump became president. Those scum ( to use your own word) are already out and probably readdy, they don't need to associate with any Islamist group, which presence in the US is marginal anyway.

The scarry part is than the Fed pretty much defunded anything than was charged to dead with that threat.
There you go. All counterintelligence experts have always said that far-right terrorist groups are more dangerous than Islamist groups, so this is why the FBI needed and still need more funds to fight against those threats. If they can divert resources to track Islamist internet activities and IPs, the same should be applicable against white supremacist forums and IPs.

@Sheba: as far as the US are concerned, the deadliest terrorist attack on American soil before 9/11 was the bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City. Far-right groups need no geopolitical reasons to strike against civilians; they can strike at any time. I don't think it would be wrong for any government to put priorities on that front.
Old 2018-06-25, 10:33   Link #1851
Kakurin
大佐

Let's see if Trump's hammer will fall on Harley-Davidson. The company has announced today that in response to the EU's counter-tariffs on motorbikes they will be moving production capacity for bikes for the EU market out of the US. They expect this process to take around two years. During that time span the company itself will bear all costs associated with the new tariffs.
Old 2018-06-25, 11:10   Link #1852
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I keep wondering whether Canadian trans-shippers will start buying American soybeans to send to China. In a global world, corporations have lots of methods to avoid the consequences of stupid policies like tariffs. Small businesses and consumers not so much.
Old 2018-06-25, 15:44   Link #1853
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Never put too much power into any single grouping of the Federal Government. It has a balance of power specifically to avoid it becoming too powerful (draconian or otherwise).
And that is the thing. Border control is fine, but it's never just border control. It comes with additional baggage. Much like catching terrorists justified mass spying. The road to hell is paved with good intentions though I guess they're not even good intentions here-- but assuming they were.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2018-06-25, 15:44   Link #1854
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I keep wondering whether Canadian trans-shippers will start buying American soybeans to send to China. In a global world, corporations have lots of methods to avoid the consequences of stupid policies like tariffs. Small businesses and consumers not so much.
Given than large corporations are usually tran-national, I would expect them to simply transfert products between different national branch. It isn't like fraudulent origin of products (even of foods) isn't already commond already.
Old 2018-06-25, 15:55   Link #1855
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
That would be short term profit and a middle term disaster. The chinese are not dumb and it would not add up that canada increases their output considerably from one year to the next so they would end up applying the same tariffs to canadian soybean. Heck, I would not be surprised if the canadian government thwarted such a scheme that could hurt his government in an attempt from some middlemen to make a quick buck and help farmers from a former ally.
Old 2018-06-25, 19:11   Link #1856
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Given than large corporations are usually tran-national, I would expect them to simply transfert products between different national branch. It isn't like fraudulent origin of products (even of foods) isn't already commond already.
You can't move thousands of hectares of soybean crops like you can Harley-Davidsons.
Old 2018-06-25, 23:21   Link #1857
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
at this point it could be bad for the next POTUS to do that cuz this could means go after like 1/5 or 1/4 of USA population counting also the majority of REP party and "obvious and first the previous POTUS which himself is the big simbol of all thar crap.

Another thing is if we are going "after" the "crap peoples" to be fair also a witch hunter after crap SJW, like the hard core crazy feminazi(only crazy feminists) and also the "black supremacists aka BLM and peoples like that which also are so toxic as nazists, white supremacists and kkk, if we must get riddle of the "problematic peoples" then go after all of them not just "some of them".

For me the only difference between both sides is which one (kkk, nazi and others phobics) don't try to play too much as "innocent as the other side (BLM, Extreme femnists, SJW), the first one know which they are "considered crap" while the other try to play the "innocent and good guys" while the true is which in the end they are not too much "different" from the other side, just 2 sides of the same coin, full of bigocitry, malicy, hate selfish and others toxic things.

Place in power a new POTUS which is on the "other side" of the extreme in this case a full SJW also will be just another "trump" or even worst, because he will claim trying to "save the country and the world" and try to pass all they agendas to every place in the world nost just USA.
I am not sure what made you think it is impossible to fight fascists?
I mean, Germany survived. Sure, they only fought fascists because they got invaded and its leaders executed, but they fought them under the order of the victorious Allies and won. And only 1 in 5 Germans were card carrying members of the Nazi party, the same ratio as American fascists today.

I mean, you don't HAVE to fight fascists. You can accept that fascism is acceptable as a part of American ideology. If that is what America wants, then that's what America gets. There is certainly benefits in fascism, you can freely kill people you don't like for one, and it seems plenty of Americans have now started to admit this is what they really want.

What is good enough for post war Germany, is good enough for the American Nation. Unless you think it is only okay to do this with foreigners?
Old 2018-06-25, 23:28   Link #1858
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
You can't move thousands of hectares of soybean crops like you can Harley-Davidsons.
The greatest irony would be if HD builds a plant in Mexico to export to the EU. Unlike the USA, atm my country has free trade agreements with most of the free world ATM the last hope the USA has is that repubs managing to curtail the executive authority, if they fail the USA might pull out from ALL their free trade agreements before trump is impeached.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jeff-flak...173723890.html
Old 2018-06-26, 09:39   Link #1859
Toukairin
Banned

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ban/index.html

I have to say that I'm gutted.

If that's how the SCOTUS wants to play, then nobody should cry in the future if the next POTUS uses that decision as a reference/justification to apply a travel ban against Russia or any place from Eastern Europe that is stereotyped as full of criminals, prostitutes, and other undesirables who are threatening national security.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-06-26 at 10:00.
Old 2018-06-26, 10:40   Link #1860
Applehell

Whatever, that can struck down as soon as new President comes in. This shouldn't change what the Dems have to do in Nov, so anyone who sat in 2016 better fucking not this time. No excuses.
Closed Thread