Old 2018-08-15, 21:53   Link #6301
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's her fault either way.
Not really, since the company in charge rushed out the Achiga-hen anime

Quote:
They stole the show because they had better characters and backstories. Although Hanada is pretty cool too.
Their backstory got told to us twice though, the 2nd flashback they get, hits the same beats as the first one, instead of having 2 flashbacks that tell us the samething twice, the screen time of the 2nd flashback should have gone to Shindouji instead and focused on Mairu and Himeko's relationship.

Plus, the whole Izumi have arrogance despite her defensive play not beating Nodoka in the Middle School championship. Seriously, how she managed to get a big head, when her defensive play was beaten by Nodoka not at full strength, or thinking that she's the best 1st year, despite being on the team that came 4th last year.

Quote:
It wasn't just Awai. All the team besides Teru performed poorly. They were supposed to be 2 times champions and performed like a butch of losers just to make Achiga look good. It's fucking retarded and no amount of mental gymnastics will make it less so.
I disagree, only Seiko is the one who I can find as being deemed as doing badly. Sumire and Takami kept their lead, while Awai was able to comeback. And I still stand by the fact that she would have won if Ryuuka and Himeko didn't effectively have their autowin buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
I totally agree. After the semi-final I feel like Achiga and Rinkai are the strongest but I have no doubt with Rinkai cause they have all best players around the world. Shiraitodai is obviously underdog now while they have taken the title 2 times in a row.

The most ridiculous joke for me in side A semi-final is Achiga still won with normal skill and nearly no strategy there accept Kuro sisters. Ako, Arata, Shizuno played normal mahjong. Shizuno's power can null special power but it doesn't help her played better Ryuuka is great with normal mahjong. I know normal mahjong is very dangerously and absolutely can win. But it need a good brain and diverse strategy not just sit there and win like Achiga did
Achiga did have a strategy though, their team plan, was better overall team synergy then the others, which showed itself in the Semi-finals, when it brcomes clear, Senriyama put to much emphasis on its vanguard or how Shindouji put its emphasis on the Mairu/Himeko double ace.

So it really wasn't just them sitting there and winning.

Quote:
About new chapter, why didn't Teru want to deal in Satoha? It was clearly cheap hand and huh?
Strategic decision to make Yuuki lose more points, since she's the dealer?

Quote:
Arr.. I noticed it, if Teru discard 6 sou, She would be double ron by Kuro and Satoha
Lol, an unstopable monster now has to sit there and see the brainless Achiga tsumo and win thanks to the plot amour. However, I really love the way Teru think and give out the strategy on the table. That's the way top players should be, both Teru and Satoha did. They don't just rely on their special power. They think and find out way to win.

I hope Yuuki can do something more in the rest of the east round before she turns on defend mode. And I really want to see more combination power during this final math. We saw Yuuki and Hisa (Nodoka should be included because of the cat she gave Yuuki), Kuro and that stupid fog. I'm curious what the combination of Shiraitodai. And I don't think Rinkai will have it cause they just gather strongest player around the world to form a team.

Let's see why the ex-coach of Shiraitodai want to choose the strongest team instead of gathering strongest players to form a team
P/S: Oh wait, Teru can still keep Tenpai if she discard 9 sou instead of Haku. Why?

Not really brainless, fact of the matter is, Toki is the only player who has a 100% guarantee of ever being able to stop someone else from Tsumoing, cause of her powers, and even then, sometimes she just can't stop a Tsumoing.

Also, I remembered something, just thought I'd share it. The whole Achiga being weaker then Senriyama is kind of wrong, simply because its more, cause of the way the two teams are laid out, Kuro gets placed up effectively her worse match up, since Toki is able to get clear reads on Kuro's winning hands, with her future site.

And, yes sure the Red Dora make Kuro's hands more predictable, but here's the thing, Kuro is still normally able to win through Tsumo sometimes, even with her hand being easier to read, cause after all simply having a more predictable hand, doesn't mean you can't win.

So really, Kuro doing okay here makes sense, since no one is outright blocking her.

Also, don't expect Kuro to start a winning streak, she's probably going to get a counted Yakuman through 12 Dora, then we'll have Teru and Satoha do their thing, and effectively bring the scores back down to the start.

Anyhow, I wonder what this fog means for Kuro, probably have something to do with dragons, since the dragons that are drawn around her are Eastern Dragons. Maybe just a more effect dora magnet now?
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 04:48   Link #6302
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Not really, since the company in charge rushed out the Achiga-hen anime
It's her fault anyway. She should have planned it better.

Quote:
Their backstory got told to us twice though, the 2nd flashback they get, hits the same beats as the first one, instead of having 2 flashbacks that tell us the samething twice, the screen time of the 2nd flashback should have gone to Shindouji instead and focused on Mairu and Himeko's relationship.
The match was framed by Toki's point of view due to her actions, so of course there were gonna be more flashbacks to contextualize why she was making such an inhuman effort to fight Teru when she could just be content with avoiding direct hits and probably get better results that way. The flashback also helped to build up tension.

Quote:
Plus, the whole Izumi have arrogance despite her defensive play not beating Nodoka in the Middle School championship. Seriously, how she managed to get a big head, when her defensive play was beaten by Nodoka not at full strength, or thinking that she's the best 1st year, despite being on the team that came 4th last year.
Read Toki manga. Izumi was always a cocky idiot.

Quote:
I disagree, only Seiko is the one who I can find as being deemed as doing badly. Sumire and Takami kept their lead, while Awai was able to comeback. And I still stand by the fact that she would have won if Ryuuka and Himeko didn't effectively have their autowin buttons.
They all lost many points. They're jobbers, there's no way around it. And the only one with autowin button was the monkey.

Quote:
Achiga did have a strategy though, their team plan, was better overall team synergy then the others, which showed itself in the Semi-finals, when it brcomes clear, Senriyama put to much emphasis on its vanguard or how Shindouji put its emphasis on the Mairu/Himeko double ace.
All Achiga had is the strongest plot armor.
Old 2018-09-20, 22:14   Link #6303
AP24

Did Komaki participate in last year's individual tournament? She's participating in this year's individual tournament so she should have participated last year too. But if she did then that means Satoha was able to rank above Komaki. This proves that Satoha is monster-level player despite not having supernatural ability.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 09:03   Link #6304
King-Slayer

Yuuki has the number 1 and 3 players in the nation wetting themselves in the east round! Never thought I would see this to be honest.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-20, 20:37   Link #6305
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Not yet! Yuuki Time isn't over just yet!

Combining Yuuki's hero attitude with the strategizing happening between Teru and Satoha really brings back the sense of intensity I got during Achiga-hen. More, please!

Also, Saki, please, at least try to study your opponents.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-21, 22:50   Link #6306
The Green One

Got to give Yuuki props for being so dangerous it's taking Teru and Satoha teaming up with each other to stop Yuuki from just flat out slaughtering them to death in East 1 and ending the game there. Our little Taco Munchkin has become quite fearsome indeed when she's at the peak of her power like this.
Old 2018-10-22, 07:24   Link #6307
Chitanda Eru

Well, It wasn't all of Yuuki's power to be that strong. It's the combination of Yuuki's east power and Hisa's bad wait (may be a little of Nodoka due to the plushy cat she gave Yuuki)
But the south round is coming and we're going to see what can Teru do?

Anyway, I really love what Teru and Satoha did, actually almost Teru. She couldn't win but still control the battle. That's the way top players should be. They think and give out the strategy along with their super power. They're not just sit there and say "I'll try my best" or "I'll try for everyone in the team"... and win thanks to the plot amour
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-23, 20:55   Link #6308
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Got to give Yuuki props for being so dangerous it's taking Teru and Satoha teaming up with each other to stop Yuuki from just flat out slaughtering them to death in East 1 and ending the game there. Our little Taco Munchkin has become quite fearsome indeed when she's at the peak of her power like this.
And we still got another East round to go! I doubt they are looking forward to that but I sure am.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 18:36   Link #6309
elior

and now kuro once again close the gap between kiyosumi and achiga with 4 doras in row
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-04, 13:25   Link #6310
The Green One

Well now that the East round is over, Teru is going to start getting aggressive now.
Old 2018-11-04, 23:40   Link #6311
AP24

The highlight of the chapter looked more like showing the difference between flat and flab
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 02:18   Link #6312
elior

and now yuki goes from offense to defense. i wonder how long she can defend from teru
Old 2018-11-18, 10:48   Link #6313
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
and now yuki goes from offense to defense. i wonder how long she can defend from teru
Don't forget Satoha and Auto-win-plot-armor-dora chan.

Satoha will try to win fast and I'm sure she can do it well. She is normal player but we know she's at the same level as Teru. However, I think it's very hard for her to win big hand due to the lack of doras while she has to play fast.

And the dora-chan just need to sit there and scare then sometimes win big hands by tsumo thank to the power of Ritz

So I don't think Teru cannot do something much without showing some new abilities

Yuuki just need to discard the safe titles and don't discard unsafe title just to get tenpai. With this strategy, I think Yuuki can protect her leading spot till the end of first hanchan
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-19, 08:20   Link #6314
tsunade666

growth..... that is so f*cking BS!
Old 2018-11-19, 21:37   Link #6315
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

We really need an episode that focuses on the Achiga side of things. They have been feeling like bots recently, and will keep continue to feel like that as long as we don't get their pespective.

Last edited by Proto; 2018-11-20 at 04:23.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-20, 04:21   Link #6316
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
growth..... that is so f*cking BS!
even so kuro wont pass yuki score right now
Old 2018-11-20, 13:07   Link #6317
The Green One

Man the bias is strong with you people.
Old 2018-11-20, 13:20   Link #6318
tsunade666

I'm fine if its been planned or trained or been clued simce yhe beggine with proper preparation and devleopment but to explain such development with simple word, growth? wtf!!!
Old 2018-11-27, 22:05   Link #6319
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm really liking Shinohayu these days. Ritz is at her best when she focuses on a small core of characters rather than the sprawling behemoth that is the main series.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-28, 07:35   Link #6320
Marina2

Shinohayu ch.62

Man, Aina is pretty strong. She really "admire" Shino in her own way.

Wow those 7 pages......Is Shino a goddess of mahjong? Her 'power' seem to be some kind of clairvoyance that allow her to gain any information in the world. Shino has noticed Sukoya too. BTW, I don't remember a ponytail girl who only shows her back at us in one of a panel.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri