AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-20, 09:57   Link #1
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

F/sn comparisons across media (game vs. anime vs. manga)

As you all know, the anime "Fate/stay night" is based on the ero-game back in 2004. Some people here may have already played it. Some here are interested in playing it by watching the anime.

But as with any anime based on an original script, there are bound to be subtle differences that are worth pointing out for discussion.

The purpose of this thread is to instigate a dialogue of resemblance and dissimilarities of "Fate/stay night" across the following media:

Fate/stay night [original ero-game]
Fate/stay night [upcoming PS2 ver]
Fate/hollow ataraxia [original ero-game]
Fate/stay night [TV animation]
Fate/stay night [Shonen-Ace comic serialization]

and any other multi-media franchise that Fate/stay night will evolve into in the near future.

Assuming that people posting here have already played the game and have access to the anime, I'll leave putting spoilers or not at your discretion

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-01-20 at 13:21.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 10:04   Link #2
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Question, does this need spoiler tags? Since the most we can do so far is compare the game, anime and manga, (( all of which has minor differences so far )), we can only really discuss about material that is already out, since the manga just reached the Saber part only...Ironic really, considering mangas are usually the one done in a slower, more introductionary pace.

So far, the only somewhat major difference with the game and the anime is the jewel that Rin's father gave her that saved Shirou's life.

And thanks. (( for this thread. ))
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 12:03   Link #3
Mr. Guy

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Was I correct in guessing that such a comparison would be better in this thread then in the episode 3 thread?
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 16:10   Link #4
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Spoiler for Episode 3:

Was I correct in guessing that such a comparison would be better in this thread then in the episode 3 thread?
True, since in the anime thread, we're supposed to pretend that we've never played the game.

I'll agree for most parts there, however regardless of whether or not Saber was stopped, the influence of it on the future scenario is not important.

[edit] Actually, looking at Omni's blog, it seemed that Saber was indeed stopped.

Spoiler for Episode 2:

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Last edited by Nightengale; 2006-01-20 at 16:45.
Old 2006-01-20, 19:44   Link #5
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Spoiler for Episode 3:
She did use it, note that one ring disappeared when she told Archer to disappear.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 19:47   Link #6
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
She did use it, note that one ring disappeared when she told Archer to disappear.
Oh, I'm wrong then, since I was judging by Omni's pics on how Archer was still visible during the part with Saber. So, how many rings does she have left? 2? or 1?
Old 2006-01-20, 19:55   Link #7
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Oh, I'm wrong then, since I was judging by Omni's pics on how Archer was still visible during the part with Saber. So, how many rings does she have left? 2? or 1?

(Her inner ring disappearing)
2....1? Her seal was supposed to have a little vertical oval above these two rings, I don't know why they didn't show it, maybe it's already gone?
Old 2006-01-21, 08:47   Link #8
Freakman

She used one during the Archer summoning.
So she should have one left.
(I'm basing that from the fact that Archer makes a remark about her Reijuu in ep 2).
Which means it's heavily leaning towards Fate.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 06:44   Link #9
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I noticed that Taiga Fujimura addresses Shirou in game as Emi-yan, whereas in anime as Emi-kun. If I remember correctly yan denotes very intimate closeness which means Taiga's relationship with Shirou in anime is not as close as it is in the game.
Old 2006-01-23, 20:01   Link #10
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I noticed that Taiga Fujimura addresses Shirou in game as Emi-yan, whereas in anime as Emi-kun. If I remember correctly yan denotes very intimate closeness which means Taiga's relationship with Shirou in anime is not as close as it is in the game.
Uh, as far as I can remember, I don't recall Fuji-nee ever calling Shirou "Emiyan" in the game, that's what Neko calls him.

Fuji-nee always called Shirou, well, Shirou. And when at school or other social occasions, Emiya-kun.
Old 2006-01-28, 09:18   Link #11
knightsljx

rin should only have one mantra left. all the confusion started because they left out the conversations rin and archer had immediately after she summoned Archer
knightsljx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 10:19   Link #12
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Caster taking interest in Saber in ep.4 while observing the Saber - Berserker fight hints UBW though. I hope the mixing of scenes doesn't go so badly.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 11:09   Link #13
knightsljx

I hope we get to see Black Saber but I prefer the happy ending of UBW
knightsljx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 13:32   Link #14
windwalker

Spoiler for GAME:
windwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 17:05   Link #15
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsljx
rin should only have one mantra left. all the confusion started because they left out the conversations rin and archer had immediately after she summoned Archer
Which is one of the most interesting moments in the UBW story arc XD
Old 2006-01-28, 21:21   Link #16
tragicsmile
おじさんはパスタ好き?

Send a message via AIM to tragicsmile Send a message via Yahoo to tragicsmile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Which is one of the most interesting moments in the UBW story arc XD
Hell, I've only played the translated demo and already I want to see more. Rin and Archer are so cute together.
tragicsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:15   Link #17
ordnance11

Did Ilya bragged about berserker's true identity in the Fate route by any chance?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:42   Link #18
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Did Ilya bragged about berserker's true identity in the Fate route by any chance?
She didn't brag about anything, she simply stated the truth, she's just straightforward about it. The main enemy for the first half of the story in "Fate" was Ilya and Berserker, but for the other two routes, Berserker wasn't all that important (besides a final tragic scene between Berserker and Ilya in UBW that went into a bit of their past).
Old 2006-02-01, 12:47   Link #19
coba

Hopefully, if they follow the Fate scenario, they will alter the ending a little bit.
coba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 18:14   Link #20
Mr. Guy

Didn't the anime director say that he liked that ending though? I can see them using it. They used Arcueid's true ending for Tsukihime, and since Saber's the main heroine of Fate I'd assume they'd use Fate true end as well.

I'm really not sure which path I want them to take though. I would really love to see Sakura... do her thing (as well as more Rider). But I loved the UBW endings and main story. I enjoyed the final battle and focus on Saber in Fate
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote