AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-04, 17:37   Link #1041
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

uh huh right...oh wait u do make sense...so i could end this thread...omg the **** it seems people have been discussing for 50+ pages about a 2 sets of eyes fighting each other in extreme combat seeing which one will win!!! These eyes stare eachother down seeing which one will win...-_- yeah so this thread lost all purpose now.

Last edited by Medalist; 2006-09-04 at 20:12.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 20:29   Link #1042
Blood_Soaked_Rag
Wait these arent my socks

i think it all depends on the user, obviously, but no-one can beat itachi coz he is the best, but neiji vs sasuke pre time skip=neiji
Same senario post time skip=Sasuke
i base this completley on the user, how trained they are ect...
for something like itachi's ?mangekoyu?(spelling) sharingan his opponent has to look into his eyes but for kakashi's sharingan dimensional thingy it would be easier to verse a byukugan user...A fight like Itachi vs neiji's or hinata's dad would be a bit more accurate, itachi has a big weakness in his sharingan(having to make eye-contact) that byukugan can exploit but he makes up for it in raw skill and power. But with sasuke's sharingan ability to foretell an opponents next move i think gives it an edge over byukugan in that the fighting technique used with the byukugan is inferior, having too close the chakra holes all over the body would be made difficult since what you will do next is seen by the sharingan and in close quarters, as for long range the 'ultimate' defence of neiji's would not stand a chance against saskue's fire breath(lost for the tech. term??) but yeah, if im wrong, CORRECT ME MAGGOTS!!!
Blood_Soaked_Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 20:54   Link #1043
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Let's put it like this...byakugan vs. sharingan is pointless...and yes your right...it depends on the user. But what most don't understand...it could be HINATA VS. ITACHI...that doesn't mean hinata is gonna lose...you just use what you already know and assume what's gonna happen instead of looking at a full-faced fact on each and every aspect of their fighting styles....in any fight the one with the advantage always has some chance of getting his *** whooped.
Old 2006-09-04, 21:13   Link #1044
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchikatsu
Let's put it like this...byakugan vs. sharingan is pointless...and yes your right...it depends on the user.
I don't think it is pointless.

You can always find a rather objective way to compare those two.

The most objective way to compare those two is to determine how those techniques compare at full power. Since we haven't seen the limits of Byakugan (the same is partially valid for Sharingan), that is a bit difficult thing to do. But still you can base your comparison on two people who have still not achieved that maximum level, for instance Neji vs. Sasuke.

You can also compare specific techniques of those two bloodline abilities, and how well they compete against each other.

Those are just samples of what you can do as long as you have objectively set your mind on analyzing those two abilities.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 21:50   Link #1045
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
I don't think it is pointless.

You can always find a rather objective way to compare those two.

The most objective way to compare those two is to determine how those techniques compare at full power. Since we haven't seen the limits of Byakugan (the same is partially valid for Sharingan), that is a bit difficult thing to do. But still you can base your comparison on two people who have still not achieved that maximum level, for instance Neji vs. Sasuke.

You can also compare specific techniques of those two bloodline abilities, and how well they compete against each other.

Those are just samples of what you can do as long as you have objectively set your mind on analyzing those two abilities.

It's lies...i couldn't give a d*mn if say the Chakra level of max Sharingan is 100000000 and the chakra level of the max byakugan is 10 ...if the user who uses the byakugan is smart...she/he can overcome the sharingan user , same vice-versa.
Old 2006-09-05, 06:02   Link #1046
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
uh huh right...oh wait u do make sense...so i could end this thread...omg the **** it seems people have been discussing for 50+ pages about a 2 sets of eyes fighting each other in extreme combat seeing which one will win!!! These eyes stare eachother down seeing which one will win...-_- yeah so this thread lost all purpose now.
As Sazelyt pointed out you're indeed completely mistaken.
This thread is about what abilitity/capacity/etc. these bloodline can give to their user (and not necessarily again each other). Not X Sharingan user against Y Byakugan user.

Neji's father being stronger than Sasuke or Sasuke being stronger than Hinata is completely pointless to the discussion, that just shows that they re better ninjas and not that their Doujutsu are better.
By your logic normal eyes are better than both Sharingan and Byakugan because any Hokage would easily annihilate anyone in these two clan except for Itachi.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 06:56   Link #1047
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Oh wait you're forgetting...if hinata is smarter than her opponent ( say the hokage) she could win...you don't have to be the strongest to win.
Old 2006-09-05, 10:09   Link #1048
ri0

Quote:
Oh wait you're forgetting...if hinata is smarter than her opponent ( say the hokage) she could win...you don't have to be the strongest to win.
Shikamaru was smarter than Tayuya... did he win?
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 10:20   Link #1049
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Even if that was true -and it's not which is why Shikamaru doesn't will all his fights- that would squale Hinata's intelligence and not her Bloodline.
Old 2006-09-05, 11:38   Link #1050
Full_Metal

Sharingan hands down
Full_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 15:56   Link #1051
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Metal
Sharingan hands down
Sharingan has hands down? omg i learned something new...the sharingan has hands.

An unlikely coincidence could happen and hinata could beat anyone. Seems to happen with naruto frequently.
Old 2006-09-05, 17:31   Link #1052
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
itachi has a big weakness in his sharingan(having to make eye-contact)
This is incorrect. Only his MS genjutsu requires physical eye to eye contact. However, stuff like Amaterasu he can do in an instant and annihilate virtually anything just by glancing in that direction.

Even ignoring the MS, Itachi is the best sharingan user shown so far in the series.

The only weakness I would say he has is his lack of (Well from what we saw of his fighting style) defense against extremely powerful wide area attacks. It would be hard for him for example to dodge attacks that can level down countries if he wasn't ready for it.
Old 2006-09-06, 11:00   Link #1053
tkdtiger

Well we know that in Neji's case that he inherited the byakugan the most then any Hyuuga clan member. Which means that his byakugan I think would have even more potential then Hinata's father. We don't exactly know much about the byakugan, but everything in Naruto seems to be based more on the individual person. I would love to see Neji fight at some point against a Sharingan user. If that ever happens I think we would def. learn more about the byakugan. I think a Byakugan User maybe able to see when a Sharingan user tries to use MS or Amat. I think this, because a byak. user can see various things with it's insight, such as insects and birds. I think the byak. would then if it's strong enough can see the diff. forms of the Sharingan.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 23:54   Link #1054
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
itachi has a big weakness in his sharingan(having to make eye-contact)
We know he can cast genjutsu by other methods than eye contact [through his ring] and Amataresu doesn't require eye contact either, he can cast it at anything.
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 01:22   Link #1055
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS EVEN CLOSE

The byakugan is nowhere near the domination the Sharingan provides.

okay, so its near, but c'mon, have you been watching the series?
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 01:28   Link #1056
tritoch

Quick question.

Once byakugan is activated, can you see the sharingan eye normally or just those chakra paths?

Spoiler:
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 04:32   Link #1057
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The question is easily answered : Neji made a long description of Hinata's eyes while watching her with the Byakugan.

You don't stop seeing things when you activate the Byakugan, it's the way around.
Old 2006-09-07, 04:42   Link #1058
tritoch

Neiji wasn't really describing the eyes more like where Hinata was looking at but yeah, maybe you're right.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:32   Link #1059
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Quick question.

Once byakugan is activated, can you see the sharingan eye normally or just those chakra paths?

Spoiler:
both...it seems to me that t hey can choose to see chakra paths or not when activating the byakugan. The byakugan can see things with great clarity as well so I think it could see prob. more details on a sharingan then a normal eye.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 23:17   Link #1060
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

From what we've seen, i would say the sharingan has a large advantage over byakugen, simply because byakugen revolves around close range fighting, while sharingan excels in dodging close range attacks.This would be with 2 people, of equal skill of course, combating.

Of course the sharingan not only counters the close range effectiveness of the byakugen, but has all the fun bells and whistles that comes with the sharingan. Its no wonder oro is so interested in it no? Overpowered, i would have to say yes.

Im sure neji will learn more techniques and cool attacks with his byakugen, but so far we have seen that they all utilize close range attacks, unless they are defensive. Also byakugen is revered as the ultimate hand to hand close range fighting technique, so im sure the rest of the tricks he will pull out will revolve around this strength.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote