AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-12, 07:39   Link #2741
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
by the way, what is chances for Touma to end up with Misaka anyways?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
3. Very high. I'll let someone else do the explaining in Toumisaka's current status.
I'd say if these things occur then she might be the winner in the "Who gets Touma" war:

1. Mikoto confesses to him clearly without any disturbances as petty as background noise
2. Touma mans up and takes her confession seriously, not dodging the subject but thinks on what to do next
3. Touma is fine with ditching his "I like the onee-san type" preference for Mikoto
4. As long Index doesn't feel heartbroken by the notion that Touma only sees her as a younger sister. As the one closest to Touma at all times she has a very high priority over other girls.
5. Most importantly, if her (biggest? I don't know?) rivals such as Itsuwa or Kaori don't get anything like a confession to him first. But I don't see anyone going to be quicker than Mikoto seeing how the current flow of plot in the novels are right now.
6. Last but not least: If the novel author decides who'll win once and for all. The illustrator already joked around with Touma+Misaka and Touma+Kaori with these, God knows if the author himself already had an idea in mind on how to resolve Touma's problem of accidentally stockpiling girls into a harem of his own.

...Personally, I'd prefer if the author lets this be an ongoing gag, with the finale of Touma accidentally snagging up another girl into his already gargantuan(?) harem and everyone ends up mad, and I'm talking about this being played for the laughs. But for those of you who'd like any of the girls to have a serious ending with him, you won't like this proposal...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-04-12 at 07:52.
Old 2010-04-12, 07:56   Link #2742
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
1. With artificial angels and superdimensional beings running amok, it's more likely that more powerful people are making Misaka weaker when in fact, there's really no change in her power.

2. Kuroko got her butt handed to her by another Teleporter named Awaki Musujime.

3. Very high. I'll let someone else do the explaining in Toumisaka's current status.
1. I guess this is inevitable when you're 3rd character or a female character in the good side.

2. Sad to read that since I really like her character.
Old 2010-04-12, 08:05   Link #2743
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Don't worry, Awaki had her a$$ wiped by Accelerator later on.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-04-12, 09:35   Link #2744
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I
6. Last but not least: If the novel author decides who'll win once and for all. The illustrator already joked around with Touma+Misaka and Touma+Kaori with these, God knows if the author himself already had an idea in mind on how to resolve Touma's problem of accidentally stockpiling girls into a harem of his own.
Where did you get this illustration XD. It seems it:s not a fan-made one O=O
Old 2010-04-12, 10:03   Link #2745
Shadow5YA

Touma might end up with Mikoto, but he also has a chance of ending up with Index. That illustration seems more like a gag over who likes Touma the most, not who Touma likes the most.

If it really comes down to Mikoto vs Kaori, then Mikoto would win, simply because Mikoto has been in the spotlight more.

However, I'd be fine with a harem ending where Mikoto moves in with Touma and Index too.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-04-12 at 10:46.
Old 2010-04-12, 10:27   Link #2746
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Where did you get this illustration XD. It seems it:s not a fan-made one O=O
LOL, it was the work of the novel illustrator himself! I can't remember the first, but the second... well, let's just say I accidentally stumbled upon an abandoned gold mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If it really comes down to Mikoto vs Kaori, then Mikoto would win, simply because Mikoto has been in the spotlight more.

However, I'd be fine with a harem ending where Mikoto moves in with Touma and Index too.
Same thoughts here, but I predict a turnabout which would challenge that, while ignoring how much screentime does Mikoto get (Railgun excluded) if S2 ever gets around. Not to mention these two are going to have a strong rival, and since is the novel thread, it's going to be Itsuwa. My reasoning is because in the novels she clearly shows how she feels about Touma (remember Volume 16, gentlemen?).

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-04-12, 10:33   Link #2747
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
reading this thread..and not find any link to download this novel...found it at google but ....RAW
does any one already released the english version?, or just post it in this thread?, bakatsuki isn't so friendly with my connection here it's give me error page
and about ..
1st and 2nd it's from novel alright..I confirm it with some one I know in Japan

but something bother me...in 1st picture there is two Imouto in the background..if one is Imouto 10032 the other one is?...
Old 2010-04-12, 10:43   Link #2748
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Slight update, 64% done, will do up part 6 for today.

@Surerman, apparently, it's an imouto that the illustrator drew up for lolz, in a joke chapter. For random's sake, I'm just hoping that Imouto 19090 is still alive though.
Old 2010-04-12, 10:45   Link #2749
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
reading this thread..and not find any link to download this novel...found it at google but ....RAW
does any one already released the english version?, or just post it in this thread?, bakatsuki isn't so friendly with my connection here it's give me error page
and about ..
1st and 2nd it's from novel alright..I confirm it with some one I know in Japan

but something bother me...in 1st picture there is two Imouto in the background..if one is Imouto 10032 the other one is?...
The one with cat ears (in both pics) is Imouto 20002. It's from an official joke chapter.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:00   Link #2750
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

@Surerman, apparently, it's an imouto that the illustrator drew up for lolz, in a joke chapter. For random's sake, I'm just hoping that Imouto 19090 is still alive though.
The illustrator needs to change his portrayal of the original Mikoto then, because she's essentially a loli in the novels, and 19090 is supposed to be even skinnier. I don't expect Mikoto to get curves like Oriana or Kaori, but at least give her something, like in the Railgun manga.

Speaking of Oriana, I wonder if the anime will skip Oriana's dressing scene when they get to this arc. This is like the ultimate fanservice scene, what with the author detailing the curviest woman in this universe changing clothes.
Old 2010-04-12, 11:41   Link #2751
Miraluka
Banned

Thanks for the **nosebleeds** translations Teh Ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Speaking of Oriana, I wonder if the anime will skip Oriana's dressing scene when they get to this arc. This is like the ultimate fanservice scene, what with the author detailing the curviest woman in this universe changing clothes.
Mmm... fufufufu if the anime skip that people will be disspointed .
Old 2010-04-12, 12:27   Link #2752
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
1. With artificial angels and superdimensional beings running amok, it's more likely that more powerful people are making Misaka weaker when in fact, there's really no change in her power.
is Misaka really that much weaker or its she still hasn't use her full power? Wasn't it said that Misaka doesn't like using her full power becuase she doesn't want to kill people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post

didn't imouto 19090 lost some weight and the other imouto's went a little crazy
Old 2010-04-12, 12:32   Link #2753
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
is Misaka really that much weaker or its she still hasn't use her full power? Wasn't it said that Misaka doesn't like using her full power becuase she doesn't want to kill people?
I think its alittle of both.

She is weaker than most enemies, but she is also the most resourceful than other characters. or is the word versitile in her use of powers? I'm not sure.

And yes, she is holding back so as not to kill- Who knows how much power she could unleash if she wanted too.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:55   Link #2754
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Mmmm.... yes, she isn't in the top 15 of strongest characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post

She is weaker than most enemies, but she is also the most resourceful than other characters. or is the word versitile in her use of powers? I'm not sure.

And yes, she is holding back so as not to kill- Who knows how much power she could unleash if she wanted too.
She already showed her full power against the evil fetus, Touma, Accelerator and Telestina in railgun anime.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:58   Link #2755
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

it just seems strange that Misaka would really be that much weaker when it is said that science and magic are equal. If Science = magic and Lvl 5 is suppose to be just one step short of being a God (lvl6), then Misaka as one of the stronger lvl5 should be strong enough to take on most of the enemies that has shown up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

She already showed her full power against the evil fetus, Touma, Accelerator and Telestina in railgun anime.
1. fetus - do we know that?
2. Touma has Main Character Shield
3. Accelerator is stronger then Misaka
4. A. How canon is the anime
B. she was recovering form the capacity down, so she wasn't at full power.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-04-12 at 14:12.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:28   Link #2756
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
it just seems strange that Misaka would really be that much weaker when it is said that science and magic are equal. If Science = magic and Lvl 5 is suppose to be just one step short of being a God (lvl6), then Misaka as one of the stronger lvl5 should be strong enough to take on most of the enemies that has shown up.

Being in the same level doesn't mean they are equals for example: Kuroko vs Awaki, both are Level 4 but Awaki power is overwhelming compared to Kuroko. Only two espers(Accelerator and Kakine Teitoku) of the seven level 5s are capable to reach Level 6 because their power have a divine nature which allows them to evolve, the other not.

Quote:
1.- Is the AIM Burst a.k.a evil fetus.
2.- Only in his right hand which didn't helped when Mikoto almost killed him in the bridge during the sisters arc.
3.- Obvious.
4.- Take that if you want, but Misaka wasn't injured and the Capacity Down only works when is turned ON. That dispositive doesn't give any secondary effects to the victims and it was already destroyed by Saten.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:30   Link #2757
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Being in the same level doesn't mean they are equals for example Kuroko vs Awaki.
i thought Awaki could have been a lvl5 but she has issue that prevent her form using her full power.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:35   Link #2758
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
i thought Awaki could have been a lvl5 but she has issue that prevent her form using her full power.
Takitsubou Rikkou has the same potential, in accord to Kakine.
Old 2010-04-12, 14:47   Link #2759
Ashaman

Quote:
Being in the same level doesn't mean they are equals for example: Kuroko vs Awaki, both are Level 4 but Awaki power is overwhelming compared to Kuroko. Only two espers(Accelerator and Kakine Teitoku) of the seven level 5s are capable to reach Level 6 because their power have a divine nature which allows them to evolve, the other not.

1.- Is the AIM Burst a.k.a evil fetus.
2.- Only in his right hand which didn't helped when Mikoto almost killed him in the bridge during the sisters arc.
3.- Obvious.
4.- Take that if you want, but Misaka wasn't injured and the Capacity Down only works when is turned ON. That dispositive doesn't give any secondary effects to the victims and it was already destroyed by Saten.
Yeah, those two are way above her, no doubt

1.-She pro did use alot of her strength then, managing to cook a gigantic monster. That takes power.
2.- It was specifically pointed out she held back there
3.- It really is
4.-True, it doesn't give secondary effects, but at that point she was up aginst a person; she may have used Railgun, but it is possible (if unlikely) she held back, only using enugh power to overwhelm and not kill. (Actually, this seems damn near impossible, never mind)
Old 2010-04-12, 14:52   Link #2760
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Yeah, those two are way above her, no doubt

1.-She pro did use alot of her strength then, managing to cook a gigantic monster. That takes power.
2.- It was specifically pointed out she held back there
3.- It really is
4.-True, it doesn't give secondary effects, but at that point she was up aginst a person; she may have used Railgun, but it is possible (if unlikely) she held back, only using enugh power to overwhelm and not kill. (Actually, this seems damn near impossible, never mind)
i think we better move this over to the Bri Bri thread since it focus so much on Misaka.

Is Misaka's power over electricity only or does it also included electromagnetism? As one of the fundamental forces of nature, if Misaka has control over electromagnetism, it should put her right near the top of the power rankings.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen