AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-02-09, 19:38   Link #161
Applehell

It seems like I was correct in my assumption that what Kotoko said wasn't far from he truth, but she was embellishing how intimate their relationship actually was. In fact Kuro doesn't seem to treat her any differently how he did 2 years ago. Of course Saki presence might be influencing things a bit, but even his pictures have him looking unhappy or grouchy. Looks just she wore him down lol

He made come to genuinely like her in time, but doesn't seem that way now, but if he's at least entertaining dating her Kuro most certainly not dislike her.

Although the explanation is a bit different than what I guessed the Steel Lady Nanase being a urban myth manifested was pretty what I though it was. There is probably some strong occult power aiding her appearance.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 15:59   Link #162
Frontier

Poor Saki. She just can't take all these ghosts that keep popping up .

I was willing to believe Nanase wasn't actually smoking because, aside from the age issue, I don't think someone at that point in her career would jeopardize her lungs like that. But in reality she was smoking, so I guess the stress really got to her .

So from an eye-witness account, Nanase's death really was a suicide, more or less. She was crying alone in the construction yard and basically accepted the beam falling on her when she saw it. I guess then the question is what she was so depressed about, if it was as simple as being accused of her father's death and being hounded by the media, given she seemed confident she would return from what we saw before. And her sister seemed inexplicably sure she wasn't suicidal .

Yeah, Kotoko and Kuro have not had sex. Not for lack of trying on Kotoko's part .

Kuro's ability to predict the future was apparently hinted at in the Opening, although it's not as convenient as our heroes might hope .

Well, good news for Kotoko is that Kuro and Saki seem to have moved on in their own way from each other, but bad news is he acts more like her guardian than her lover. But at least it keeps him close .

Man, poor Terada. He was just trying to do his job but he got killed for his efforts and ended up making Kotoko's job harder. I knew she was jinxing herself .

I'm guessing "she" is Kuro's nee-san, and she is the one behind everything given the portrait of Steel Lady Nanase in her possession and that she's on the forums. It seems like Kuro and Kotoko have dealt with her before, so I'm curious what her deal is .
Old 2020-02-15, 16:37   Link #163
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, good news for Kotoko is that Kuro and Saki seem to have moved on in their own way from each other, but bad news is he acts more like her guardian than her lover. But at least it keeps him close
To be fair, the anime is downplaying their relationship. I was looking forward to this episode because there was supposed to be one of my favorite Kotoko-Kuro moments, but as it turns out the anime just cut it out.

Well, I'm gonna post it here just for those who don't read the manga to see what they're missing out with the cut down version (the anime).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2020-02-15, 17:57   Link #164
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, I'm gonna post it here just for those who don't read the manga to see what they're missing out with the cut down version (the anime).

Images
That is a nice scene. Thanks!
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 19:10   Link #165
Frontier

Quote:
To be fair, the anime is downplaying their relationship. I was looking forward to this episode because there was supposed to be one of my favorite Kotoko-Kuro moments, but as it turns out the anime just cut it out.
I did notice the subtle intimacy they had going on together.
Quote:

Images
This would definitely have been nice to see animated. Kotoko does kind of act a little out of character of what one would expect from a refined lady...and Kuro's apparently met her parents .
Old 2020-02-15, 19:21   Link #166
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
This would definitely have been nice to see animated. Kotoko does kind of act a little out of character of what one would expect from a refined lady...and Kuro's apparently met her parents .
For me the highlight of that scene I posted was Saki interpreting their moment as flirting / display of affection. Saki knows Kuro's emotional rage very well so her input casts his interaction with Kotoko in a different light from what we get in the anime. It makes it more inherently romantic.
Old 2020-02-15, 19:23   Link #167
Wandering Soul

The second Kotoko tempted fate, it was obvious that Steel Nanase would kill someone. I wasn't expecting it to be Saki's coworker though.

While those Kuro and Kotoko haven't reached the sex phase of their relationship (as much as Kotoko wishes otherwise), they do seem to have nice quiet moments of intimacy

Quote:

Images
That would have been nice to see animated.
Old 2020-02-15, 19:38   Link #168
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The display of intimacy/affection was still there in the anime, it was just more subtle. Like Kuro casually grabbing Kotoko's thigh.

Kotoko waving her cane like a magical girl's stick to summon the ghost and Saki calling her out on it was hilarious. So Nanase really died according to that ghost, and there's no reason to doubt him. They made it pretty clear who the true culprit behind Ghost Nanase is afterwards: Kuro's nee-san (most likely his cousin he was visiting in the hospital). It makes sense that the one behind this would have knowledge of ghosts and stuff. Not sure why she's doing this though.

I'm happy we got a proper explanation of Kuro's kudan ability. It's useful, but not that convenient.

With Ghost Nanase claiming her first victim, she is only going to get stronger. With the cop's death, the rumor is turning into something more real now. Really curious to find out what kind of story Kotoko will come up with.
Old 2020-02-15, 19:51   Link #169
Blueknight78

Quote:

Images
well to be fair too, this arc is a bit "too long", really long, they really need to make some cuts here and there.

as i told in previous post but was deleted, finally they proper explained his power, and is basically nicolas cage in the next movie, the future for him are almost endless paths which he can look for a brief time after death, he can't proper look too much into it like years or even days or months specially if that future proof to be too complex, this is why normally he only take a "brief" short sight of it to see just what he need and come back to life because he can't waist too much time dead his regenerative power don't give him that much time to watch he must see what he can before his body start to come back to life.

and finally the "culprit appeared and it's gonna be fun now( still a lot, really a lot of dialogue", this anime is really fill dialogue with just few action here and there but overal is basically dialogue based.
Old 2020-02-15, 21:57   Link #170
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm enjoying the evolution of the story, and the characters. But what really knocks me out is the voice of Kitou Akari 鬼頭明里 as Kotoko. Such a beautiful contralto voice. She could read a shopping list and I'd enjoy it.

She has been Kamado Nezuko in Kimetsu no Yaiba, Noa in Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita, Silka Merites in Grancrest Senki, and Kalen in Time Bokan 24, among other roles. She's 25.

She came up to Tokyo (from Aichi) after high school and worked part-time in a ramen restaurant, becoming excellent at draining noodles, she says. She calls herself "my pace" (i.e., slow and quirky) but says she doesn't want people to dislike her. Others say she is very easy to get along with and everyone likes her. Her first minor roles were in 2014, when she was going to the Pro-Fit agency's training school, and in 2015 she became an associate member and got more roles. In April 2019 she became a regular member of the Pro-Fit seiyuu corps. The same agency as Yuuki Aoi (picture in my avatar, lol).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 22:22   Link #171
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kotoko waving her cane like a magical girl's stick to summon the ghost and Saki calling her out on it was hilarious. So Nanase really died according to that ghost, and there's no reason to doubt him. They made it pretty clear who the true culprit behind Ghost Nanase is afterwards: Kuro's nee-san (most likely his cousin he was visiting in the hospital). It makes sense that the one behind this would have knowledge of ghosts and stuff. Not sure why she's doing this though.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Kotoko's magical girl moment. She may be a college student, but even she couldn't resist .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm enjoying the evolution of the story, and the characters. But what really knocks me out is the voice of Kitou Akari 鬼頭明里 as Kotoko. Such a beautiful contralto voice. She could read a shopping list and I'd enjoy it.

She has been Kamado Nezuko in Kimetsu no Yaiba, Noa in Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita, Silka Merites in Grancrest Senki, and Kalen in Time Bokan 24, among other roles. She's 25.

She came up to Tokyo (from Aichi) after high school and worked part-time in a ramen restaurant, becoming excellent at draining noodles, she says. She calls herself "my pace" (i.e., slow and quirky) but says she doesn't want people to dislike her. Others say she is very easy to get along with and everyone likes her. Her first minor roles were in 2014, when she was going to the Pro-Fit agency's training school, and in 2015 she became an associate member and got more roles. In April 2019 she became a regular member of the Pro-Fit seiyuu corps. The same agency as Yuuki Aoi (picture in my avatar, lol).
She's also the female lead in the currently airing Hanako-kun .
Old 2020-02-16, 20:39   Link #172
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Never expected his sister to have something to do with this, I wonder how this will turn out, and what Kuro's relationship to his sister is.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-21, 05:58   Link #173
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I need a bit of clarification on Kuro's ability.

While he can't "force" a specific universal future to occur (that would entail an incalculable amount of energy in any universe to achieve), he has the ability to see the most probable outcomes of a certain phenomena and determine the needed steps to "push" reality towards this path?

So it's something similar to probabilistic forecasting?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-21, 08:00   Link #174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I need a bit of clarification on Kuro's ability.

While he can't "force" a specific universal future to occur (that would entail an incalculable amount of energy in any universe to achieve), he has the ability to see the most probable outcomes of a certain phenomena and determine the needed steps to "push" reality towards this path?

So it's something similar to probabilistic forecasting?
He doesn't need to determine the steps. He sees multiple future, and the one he chooses/grabs then becomes set in stone. The more probable it is, the easier it is to grab.
Old 2020-02-21, 09:26   Link #175
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

That's all rather similar to the discussions in Noein about the role of the observer in determining a future path. Haruka has a similar ability to Kuro. These explanations draw on the "Copenhagen interpretation" of quantum theory.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-21, 16:17   Link #176
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
He doesn't need to determine the steps. He sees multiple future, and the one he chooses/grabs then becomes set in stone. The more probable it is, the easier it is to grab.
yeah it's like pretty much nicholas cage movie "next", in this fiction the world is not a "set in stone line" rater than multiple paths based on choices", he just can "cheat and see each choice" before he make the "choice", the only thin is which he can't see too much far in future then things like "lottery" are out of his reach, the more "far away" and complex is the path the hard is for him to follow because he don't have that much time even if in the dead world time flows more "sllow" than in mortal world kuro can't stay forever or stay too long his healing/immortal power will push him back, then he normally can't see more than few moments in the future.

just use the head smah bar as exemple as we see after being hit by the bar kuro goes to the "dead realm" and started to look for a "next move", for when she try t hit him again with the bar let's say he saw like 10 paths and 5 of that he just die again in her next swing, the the 6 he manage to avoid being hit but he don't know what to do next and get killed "again in another hit", then in the 7 he knows how he gonna die then he already know how to avoid then he looks to the 8 where he can "move furter" and die" then he keep watching as long as he can until he finally see the path where he was able to avoid the metal bar and able to grabe her and keep alive until he breaks her neck, he could not see furter on that because he don't have more time and it's looke "the perfect path", then he goes back alive and follow this path and everything goes right but unfortinatelly she "survived" showing which while he was able to survive and "overpower her" in the battle he was unable to get that "perfect path" where she true died"(well at this point this path don't exist yet due to her "nature").

his power is a sort of "time travel movies viewer cheater", he can "spoiler himself" with many possible futures and choose the one which fit his current desire.
Old 2020-02-22, 16:53   Link #177
Frontier

Poor Terada. Saki feeling guilty over not letting him in enough and not being able to warn him off the Steel Lady Nanase case .

Poor Nanase. Bad enough her image is getting used past her death, but people still can't stop talking about her breasts .

I guess Kotoko is the Goddess of Wisdom, so swearing on the God of Gods Amaterasu is her deal .

Man, apparitions created from the internet can be pretty scary .

Did Kotoko use her powers as the Goddess of Wisdom to come up with those solutions? Well, if you can't come up with one single solution to explain everything, figure out several .

Y'know, I kind of want to see how Kuro agreed to date her and how that came about...although knowing this relationship, Kotoko declared it a thing and Kuro just gave up and ran with it .

So the true mastermind is Rikka...the cousin who was Kuro's "nee-san" and who he apparently bases his ideal type of woman on. She definitely seems to be a very mysterious and almost ethereal woman, and can stare daggers with just a look as indicated with Saki, but I have to wonder what her goal is in this, especially since it seems like this isn't the first time Kotoko and Kuro have dealt with her. I'm also curious about the exact nature of her relationship with Kuro if she's his ideal woman .
Old 2020-02-22, 19:41   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Coming up with plausible alternative explanations for Terada's death isn't that hard, but how exactly are the solutions Kotoko thought of going to reach enough people to weaken Ghost Nanase? She's gone completely viral, her story even being brought up on TV shows. The main issue is time. They have to defeat her tonight, and Kotoko won't start posting until 9pm at least. Really curious to find out how they'll manage to do this. I doubt Rikka is going to sit back and do nothing while they try to counter her either, whatever her goal may be. Kuro is ready to abuse his power which will help greatly, but he may be too busy trying to prevent Nanase from killing more people.
Old 2020-02-22, 19:58   Link #179
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Its a small thing, but it really felt... I dunno what to call it.... heartwarming?... when Kotoko had both her eye and leg removed and was communicating with Kuro like normal, but when Saki arrived, she equipped her prosthetics and Kuro made sure she was dressed and ready before opening the door. It was quite nuanced, but felt very endearing(guess that's the word I was looking for) =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-22, 22:01   Link #180
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
when Kotoko had both her eye and leg removed and was communicating with Kuro like normal, but when Saki arrived, she equipped her prosthetics and Kuro made sure she was dressed and ready before opening the door.
So they may or may not be lovers, but they are definitely family.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
femc, supernatural