AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-28, 12:35   Link #3301
dgaaz

it does seem to imply a little that C.C. is talking to the cart driver

i dunno, with all the various hint and evidence i don't really think Lelouch is dead
hopefully, an OVA/Movie or an interview with Taniguchi will clear things up
dgaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:35   Link #3302
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
My view on the last scene. I still think that her eyes look on the side like if she was talking to the cart driver. 'It's a GIF so look carefully
I replied to you in the last thread before you erased it

I watched that scene a few times and it is very clear that she is looking up into the sky not back towards the driver. If she was looking back at the driver it would be a lot more substantial then that. I think you are just seeing what you want to see there.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:41   Link #3303
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
well, whatever it is.. we won't get to know.

even though I want that person driving to be Lelouch, it woul ruin my most emotional moment in CG.

btw, the was C.C. was dressed in that scene reminds me of Horo from Spice & Wolf
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:42   Link #3304
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post

I watched that scene a few times and it is very clear that she is looking up into the sky not back towards the driver. If she was looking back at the driver it would be a lot more substantial then that. I think you are just seeing what you want to see there.
well its open ending so we can see what they want.
As for me Ninja maido Sayoko is with Orange kun taking care of Anya.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:46   Link #3305
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:

The director purposely made the ending an open ending. so that fans can speculate what they want after that. That was what the director intentions are. Some people are sure that he's dead. Some are not. Because nothing is really confirmed now, lots of mysteries are unsolved. So leads to an ambiguous ending. So we can't be sure of anything for now. And yes for now we're meant to SEE what we want to see.

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:48   Link #3306
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
well its open ending so we can see what they want.
In a sense yes but the thing is they did show that Lelouch died even showing his final thoughts and he was happy that he made his wish come true. This was a great scene.

They also showed some things that might indicate that he got the code but nothing really substantial.

I just feel if they were going to show that he is alive and with C.C then why not just show it? Why keep it ambiguous? What is the point of that?
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 12:51   Link #3307
Tael
Banned

Onto C.C.'s ending. I'd say her ending, if we do not make grandious assumptions, is a very strange way of what we expected. She has regained her humanity while Lelouch lost his(died). He gave her a reason to smile, even if it was not himself, that she could live her life even as an immortal and be happy and find love. Her conversation and then the shot of the crane, in my opinion, go to symbolize more that Lelouch is dead. The way it is shown, and not say anything else, after her last line, seems to point that he has more or less become a bird like Rolo. All that aside, this last bit of interpretation is irrelevant.

C.C. seems to be back to doing what she was doing before, but now with a reason to live. She is wandering the world again, but this time she has no desire to die or escape immortality. She is happy, being 'alive'. Now she can watch over the world for Lelouch and make sure it does as he envisioned (a positive outlook).
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:04   Link #3308
bran
h e a d s h o t

Quote:
In a sense yes but the thing is they did show that Lelouch died even showing his final thoughts and he was happy that he made his wish come true. This was a great scene.

They also showed some things that might indicate that he got the code but nothing really substantial.

I just feel if they were going to show that he is alive and with C.C then why not just show it? Why keep it ambiguous? What is the point of that?
because some people would prefer him being really dead.. like me

but in my case i would have prefered a confirmed end (dead or alive not maybe dead maybe alive..)
cause with that kind of end
wanting him to really be dead but thinking he could still be alive is making me wanna break my head in the wall (and fans who want him alive but can't bring themselves to belive it probably feel the same way too)

Quote:
it does seem to imply a little that C.C. is talking to the cart driver
or looking at the pink crane which was there

Farewell...and thank you.

Last edited by bran; 2008-09-28 at 13:15.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:20   Link #3309
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Quote:
You're talking about Sunrise here. They always do that. Lol. Most of the time. They always want us to figure out the "points". And yeah so far most mecha endings are ambiguous.

Old 2008-09-28, 13:27   Link #3310
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

And bran is right. Tael might be to at this point.

She IS LOOKING AT THE PINK CRANE. Because after she say "Na Lelouch?".. the zooms to the pink crane. And she is "living" the world Lelouch wants to which is peace to make her smile..and living for her best.

But there are still a lot of BUTS because he did promised he'll come back to make her smile.

But then it might mean a lot of other things.. does the pink crane really symbolizes Lelouch? Or Nunnally? Well 10 ways to interpret many things @_@.

Such an open ending.. anything can be speculated . LOLOLOLOL.

Old 2008-09-28, 13:28   Link #3311
Kushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
My view on the last scene. I still think that her eyes look on the side like if she was talking to the cart driver. 'It's a GIF so look carefully
As much as I want lelouch to be alive, I actually REALLY HIGHLY doubt that he's alive. If he was they would have at least shown 1 or 2 hints. Such as show the geass mark on him sometime before his death OR show that the cart driver was him.

However when C.C saids "right lelouch?" They zoom in onto the crane.... If that doesn't say he's totally dead, I don't know what does
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:28   Link #3312
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
And yeah so far most mecha endings are ambiguous.
Not really. Most are pretty straight cut, especially in the area of who dies. Sunrise was, at one point, very good at giving conclusive endings, but lately they've been dealing in a lot of nonsense like Mai-hime and Gundam Seed, which seems to skewed their understanding of 'good endings'.

They must have been drinking a lot of Guiness.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:30   Link #3313
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
or looking at the pink crane which was there
Good point.

Well, at least I would want to know her name ^^
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:40   Link #3314
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

I think that Lelouch is still alive.
Or why does Nunally have visions now? Not to mention that C.C wouldn't be very happy spending the rest of eternity without him - her last lines wouldn't make much sense.
Then again, it was intended as an open ending, which means arguing over it is rather pointless.
And I really don't care all that much.
I just think that C.C would't have said what she did if Lelouch wasn't really with her.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:50   Link #3315
bran
h e a d s h o t

well that's actually the scene bugging me the most
but considering nunally always felt other peoples' actions with holding their hand..........

i think i'll go break my head into the wall again

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 13:51   Link #3316
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
However when C.C saids "right lelouch?" They zoom in onto the crane.... If that doesn't say he's totally dead, I don't know what does
Other people have different interpretations, that since it was the pink one Nunnally showed him in the beginning (C.C's was blue if you recall) it might actually have been made by him
Old 2008-09-28, 13:51   Link #3317
thedonkiluminati

I think C.C. got screwed in this ending. I would have liked this ending better if they had shown her losing her code so she can live out the rest of a normal human lifespan then die, but instead she gets to exist for the rest of eternity. Or till she gives someone else the code.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:54   Link #3318
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
but considering nunally always felt other peoples' actions with holding their hand..........
Well, but she probably wouldn't have been able to do that if she was holding the hand of a sociopath.
Errr... what I mean is that, in my opinion, what Nunally does works like a lie detector (->heartbeat) - it doesn't have anything to do with her having supernatural abilities.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:55   Link #3319
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Wow I completely forgot about that. She could tell the truth by touching a person... that puts more holes into the code theory.
Old 2008-09-28, 13:57   Link #3320
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Wow I completely forgot about that. She could tell the truth by touching a person... that puts more holes into the code theory.
this what i was getting at.
She had some sort of power but we don't know what it was lawls.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote