AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-10-11, 18:32   Link #2641
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
It better me Ala Mhigo... Otherwise I wasted all that time leveling up Monk for nothing...
There really isn't any other place to go currently. They need to secure all 6 city states before they can even consider going outside the continent.
Old 2016-10-14, 14:28   Link #2642
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Information regarding the new expansion has been released.

Stormblood will come on Summer 2017 and it will be focused on Ala Mhigo with a new Legatus, Zenos Yae Galvus, XIIth Legion, as the main antagonist.

Here's the teaser trailer:

The girl is most likely Yda, no clue about the man, but he appears in the Stormblood logo too, so I guess he will be important.

Also the previous time Yoshida wore a batman shirt to hint about Dark Knight as the new job. This time he's wearing a Scarlet Witch T-shirt, which is quite obviously hinting Red Mage will be a new job.

Multiple new jobs are confirmed, so there will be at least an additional one.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 15:21   Link #2643
Galaxian

Was that the Ramuh music at the end?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 16:41   Link #2644
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The teaser trailer pretty much confirms Dancer is gonna be one of the new jobs. Whether or not it'll be a DPS or Healer I can't say yet but a melee-based healer would be pretty interesting.

But yeah, the whole theme of this expansion is very Tibetan. I wonder if there's potential for a new race to be added as well I wonder?
Old 2016-10-14, 17:20   Link #2645
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Well to me that was just two Monks, one being the same character as every trailers (Warrior of Darkness much...) and the other one being, erf, Yda.

So even though i would die for Dancer, i'll keep my hopes low for now.
But I read somewhere, Reddit I think, that the Yoshi's Scarlet Witch t-shirt was a hint for the next jobs.
Don't know if it's fan-theory or if he said something about it really (which would mean Red Mage incoming)

Daaaaamn the guy look is polished !
That haircut... Day 1 at the aesthetician.
Spoiler for Size:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 17:48   Link #2646
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Based on Heavensward, where Yoshi was wearing a 'Dark Knight' shirt. I think the Scarlet Witch helps confirm Red Mage, especially when they go on about a 4th role
Old 2016-10-14, 18:02   Link #2647
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well to me that was just two Monks, one being the same character as every trailers (Warrior of Darkness much...) and the other one being, erf, Yda.
Yeah that's what that man is He looks so different that I didn't recognize him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The teaser trailer pretty much confirms Dancer is gonna be one of the new jobs. Whether or not it'll be a DPS or Healer I can't say yet but a melee-based healer would be pretty interesting.

But yeah, the whole theme of this expansion is very Tibetan. I wonder if there's potential for a new race to be added as well I wonder?

A lot of people say "Dancer!" looking at that teaser, but, really, when Heavensward was released none of the new jobs appeared in the cinematic trailer, it was just the Warrior of Light becoming a Dragoon which is the job that is most tied with Ishgard. Now we are going to Ala Mhigo, the home country of the Monk job, and the Warrior of Light becomes a Monk accordingly.

Gyr Abania (the area surrounding Ala Mhigo) seems to be decidedly based on the mountain regions of east Asia, most likely to fit with the theme of the Shaolin Monks. Even so Highlanders have names based on old German so it's a strange combination.

Old 2016-10-14, 20:50   Link #2648
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Having actually been to western China and Tibet I have to agree that it's very similar to the architecture in those areas.

Early Summer probably means May or June, April at the earliest, which means the final patch for 3.x will be out in December or January.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-14, 22:26   Link #2649
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Hmm it would seem it's official that PS3 suoport ends on Stormblood launch.

Also there's going to be some revamping of the cross-skill system, making them universal to roles rather than job shared. Some skills that go unused will be dropped too.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 00:14   Link #2650
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Stormblood Gallery

The new WHM AF looks very nice.

Old 2016-10-15, 01:33   Link #2651
cyberdemon

Quote:

So even though i would die for Dancer, i'll keep my hopes low for now.
But I read somewhere, Reddit I think, that the Yoshi's Scarlet Witch t-shirt was a hint for the next jobs.
Don't know if it's fan-theory or if he said something about it really (which would mean Red Mage incoming)

Daaaaamn the guy look is polished !
That haircut... Day 1 at the aesthetician.
Spoiler for Size:
Perhaps dancer will be a new job that branches off pugalist explained by the similar styles. A fighter using dances to heal and buff at the same time
Old 2016-10-15, 10:48   Link #2652
Sixth
Hu Tao

I read that they are going to revamp the battle system..I wonder in what sense and how?

To be frank, I think FF14 battle system was rather slow and lacking....Will they improve this aspect or it will be just a minor tweak?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 12:54   Link #2653
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
I'd be extremely amused if this were the case where the shirt was a just a shirt, and Yoshi and co. were engaging in a bit of playful misdirection - perhaps the hint was something else folks were too captivated by the shirt to pay any notice to? Save any declarations of it being a valid hint until said MOS is actually in the field.

That aside, I was reading a bit more on this elsewhere; the fact that the resistance players will apparently be hooking up with might not be greeted with the proverbial open arms by the population at large...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-15, 22:27   Link #2654
cyberdemon

Any info on the new classes?
Old 2016-10-16, 11:55   Link #2655
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Any info on the new classes?
None. they don't want to reveal anything about that for the moment. Yoshida's T-shirt is the only hint that they gave us.

Old 2016-10-16, 16:40   Link #2656
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
None. they don't want to reveal anything about that for the moment. Yoshida's T-shirt is the only hint that they gave us.
any idea when they will make that reveal?

Red mage (the shirt) and dancer (the trailer) seem a sure thing. Really hoping for Samurai and that they WON'T make it a tank. Too many bladed tank classes.

Based on the trailer I am guessing that dancer will be a healer/buffer job that can be chosen alongside Monk by doing pugilist to 30 and a healing class to 15.
Old 2016-10-16, 17:09   Link #2657
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
any idea when they will make that reveal?

Red mage (the shirt) and dancer (the trailer) seem a sure thing. Really hoping for Samurai and that they WON'T make it a tank. Too many bladed tank classes.

Based on the trailer I am guessing that dancer will be a healer/buffer job that can be chosen alongside Monk by doing pugilist to 30 and a healing class to 15.
I recall in a past interview SE/Yoshida said that samurai would be a dps when/if it was added due to how it being a tank in XI was received.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 18:23   Link #2658
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
I recall in a past interview SE/Yoshida said that samurai would be a dps when/if it was added due to how it being a tank in XI was received.
He didn't say anything definitive, he wondered if SAM should be tank or DPS adding that however to him it would make more sense for SAM to be a DPS class.

BTW SAM has never been a tank in FFXI, it was one of the strongest DPS.

Quote:
Any idea when they will make that reveal?
We might get something from the Tokyo Fan Festival scheduled for the upcoming Christmas Eve. But that's speculation.

Quote:
We are likely never going to get another job based on a class.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2016-10-16 at 18:35.
Old 2016-10-16, 19:02   Link #2659
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
He didn't say anything definitive, he wondered if SAM should be tank or DPS adding that however to him it would make more sense for SAM to be a DPS class.

BTW SAM has never been a tank in FFXI, it was one of the strongest DPS.
False, I would know I played a lot of SAM in FFXI and tanked a LOT of content with it .

While Samuari was a pure dps at the release of FFXI it morphed into being played as tank for a few reasons first due to the nerfing of its 2 traditionally strongest dps playstyles (polearm & then bow) then due to abilities the class was given during one of the major balance patches (specifically to make 2-handed weapons viable vs Dual Wielding). And then finally people realizing how unneeded true tanks were in FFXI for a lot of content outside of specific alliance content where paladins/etc were warranted due to the mechanics of the fight (the SAM became a dps for those fights). While I mean sure Samurai still did a lot damage while tanking (especially relative to tanks in XIV), but it was also the main tank it was especially favored for party content due to the damage & tanking abilities it brought to the table .

I think he wanted to avoid what happened to the class in XI personally.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-16, 19:06   Link #2660
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
False, I would know I played a lot of SAM in FFXI and tanked a LOT of content with it.

While Samuari was a pure dps at the release of FFXI it morphed into being played as tank
When did that happen exactly? I've played FFXI 4 years and I've never once seen a SAM being chosen as tank, not even at low levels where WAR was still feasible.

At any rate it really wouldn't make any sense for that to be a reason not to make SAM a tank in FFXI. WAR wouldn't be a tank either in FFXIV if that was the case.

Quote:
for a few reasons first due to the nerfing of its 2 traditionally strongest dps playstyles (polearm & then bow)
Wait, what?

Tags
mmorpg